Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2006-06-24, 17:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Thats why they are classified as a "NOISE BAND" you stupid shit.

And very mature of you. What are you, 12? Must we insult people who like the music, instead of just saying "crap" or "bad," or even "this band blows"? But no, apparently the fans must be beaten because they have an opinion.

If I ever mentioned you lack intelligence, I take it back.
+1.

So it almost sounds like you support bands that are so cluttered that you can't hear everything that is being played (don't get me wrong, I love Nile). Contradiction?

Well I never bothered to look at what genre they were...but if noise is considered music now..then I'm gonna go down to a construction zone and sit there with a record because I'm sure I could get some fans and maybe release a few CDs.

Yeah I felt the need to add that idea of beating the fans. Are you saying that you've never hoped pain on someone who likes something you don't? Come on. Most people have I'm sure. Unless you are a fucking alter boy I'm sure you have. Simply by saying their fans should be beaten is a way of accenting my hatred for this type of "music." Which I believe to not be music at all. Don't get all butt hurt because I was making fun of the fans of this band. It was meant to show my hatred for this band, not the fans.

I don't like bands that are cluttered and you can't hear them. I was simply using Nile because I was recently listening to their new CD and I was disappointed in how cluttered the mix sounded at times. Their "In Their Darkest Shrine" CD is just as heavy but it is still clear. Does that clear stuff up? (kind of a pun?)
Old 2006-06-24, 17:58
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Noise has been a genre of music for a while now (actually it's the insult levelled by each passing generation at the new one in music and has been for centuries, but only recently did the composers and musicians take on the name voluntarily; I suppose a few years down the line a new generation of sonic experimentation will have to be called 'post-noise'). It's characterized by critics' claims that a child or idiot trying to do nothing in particular could make the same sounds (which, again, is an extremely old and traditional reactionary argument), with the irony that, of course, no child or idiot or person going at random actually could. Just as - surprise! - no 8 year-old with fingerpaints actually produces abstract or minimalist paintings. So, good luck recording a construction site and passing it off as music; people've been trying it for years, and not succeeding, as an attempt to pass off what they don't like.

Which of course doesn't mean that they're wrong in disliking it. Just that they chose to express their dislike by being idiots rather than by not listening to it and getting on with the music they do like. Which brings me to my next point:

If people need to be beaten for the music they like at all, it's for how they appreciate it, not what they like. If you really think somebody deserves a beating for listening to something you don't like you're probably in need of one yourself.
Old 2006-06-24, 18:17
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
Well I never bothered to look at what genre they were...but if noise is considered music now..then I'm gonna go down to a construction zone and sit there with a record because I'm sure I could get some fans and maybe release a few CDs.

noise is actually something different. its usually involves handmade oscillators and modified electronic devices such as speak n spells,casio keyboards etc. this shit is huge where i live and there are shows of ,entirely, of this sort of music. i myself mostly admire the effort put into building such devices moreso than thier capabilities to produce music. given the lack of drummers to accompany most of these bands it doesnt really hold my interest. there is a huge potential for this music tho and maybe 10 years down the line it can actually make an impact if it evolves. one thing i think it has potential for is movie soundtracks, used with synth like when it was popular in the 80s. would be awesome for bizzare indy movies.

whats funny is doing something like recording a construction sight and applying that to music is more akin to the early industrial scene. that scene, i believe, started in england with throbbing gristle and was about creating music with literally noises made from industry:drilling,quarrying,hammering,sawing etc. and combining it with early synth eletronic music. for some reason this entire concept of music never really came into the theory behind it. it just evolved into goth techno where it stagnates in night-club costumed culture. that scene is more about showing off your vampire S and M clothing than about music. which is sad.
Old 2006-06-24, 19:53
Life is pain.
Banned

GOOD COMPARISON BETWEEN ABSTRACT ART > CHILD WITH FINGERPAINT TO THIS PST.
Old 2006-06-24, 19:57
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Metalhead_Dave Send a message via MSN to Metalhead_Dave
The Locust is not the shittiest band ever, when you know of the abomination of Loudness, you'll know the Locust doesn't even come close.

There is no band shittier than Loudness, maybe Nelson.

"Dime brought the life into so many people, how could somebody take his?" - Charlie Benante
Old 2006-06-25, 02:42
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Noise has been a genre of music for a while now (actually it's the insult levelled by each passing generation at the new one in music and has been for centuries, but only recently did the composers and musicians take on the name voluntarily; I suppose a few years down the line a new generation of sonic experimentation will have to be called 'post-noise'). It's characterized by critics' claims that a child or idiot trying to do nothing in particular could make the same sounds (which, again, is an extremely old and traditional reactionary argument), with the irony that, of course, no child or idiot or person going at random actually could. Just as - surprise! - no 8 year-old with fingerpaints actually produces abstract or minimalist paintings. So, good luck recording a construction site and passing it off as music; people've been trying it for years, and not succeeding, as an attempt to pass off what they don't like.

Which of course doesn't mean that they're wrong in disliking it. Just that they chose to express their dislike by being idiots rather than by not listening to it and getting on with the music they do like. Which brings me to my next point:

If people need to be beaten for the music they like at all, it's for how they appreciate it, not what they like. If you really think somebody deserves a beating for listening to something you don't like you're probably in need of one yourself.

Noise music really "started" with Luigi Russolo making elevator music in the early 1900s.

Noise really broke with the "Liberation of Sound" movement and "Chance music" in the early 50s. Composers such as Edgard Varèse and John Cage (respectivly).

Krzysztof Penderecki (who works with acoustic noise) is my favorite composer of all time. Check him out. Iannis Xenakis is also worth checking out.

My point, Noise Music is the music of sound. The Locust is just a band messing around with a new form of spazztic grindcore. I'm not even bashing them with that statement. Just simply stating a fact.

P.S. PST, that wasn't directed at you I just used your quote.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2006-06-25, 04:31
Senior Metalhead

It shows how much the community at metaltabs like to flame music when a thread like this has more posts than any others on the page.
Old 2006-06-25, 04:33
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
People want to get across their opinion that's all and make points about certain things.

And you just contributed to the post count on this p]age i suppose.
Old 2006-06-26, 02:44
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to travI56669
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal
It shows how much the community at metaltabs like to flame music when a thread like this has more posts than any others on the page.

A lot of people have defended this band here, well a few at least.. The Locust? I don't know, stop being such pussys you guys it's just stupid music take it for what it is...
Old 2006-06-26, 04:46
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal

incorrect
Old 2006-06-26, 12:12
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to CannibalXampire
Noise is good. This is not noise. This is boring.
Abstract art is good. Music is good. Fuck the Locust.
Old 2006-06-26, 12:51
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
You seem to come into every thread and act like your opinion is the "end-all-be-all THIS IS THE TRUTH" and shit.

The Locust = Noise.
Just shut up.
Thanks.

Awesome.
Old 2006-06-26, 13:09
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to HELLBLASTER-666
Quote:
The Locust = Noise

no,it's definately not noise

Old 2006-06-26, 15:40
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Noise is good. This is not noise. This is boring.
Abstract art is good. Music is good. Fuck the Locust.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2006-06-26, 20:12
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to jazzmetalguitar Send a message via MSN to jazzmetalguitar
i don't mind the music...sometimes like it because i go to the happy place in my head where i believe they aren't taking anything, least of all the music, seriously....so it is kind of fun to listen to if you think about it that way.
Old 2006-06-26, 21:26
Post-whore

Quote:
You seem to come into every thread and act like your opinion is the "end-all-be-all THIS IS THE TRUTH" and shit.

The Locust = Noise.
Just shut up.
Thanks.

Somebody doesnt know what noise is...
Old 2006-06-27, 02:19
Life is pain.
Banned

Dissection i dont think this is noise either i would call it grind
Old 2006-06-27, 04:18
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, it definitely has to do with grind, despite the vocals. Noise is something else.
Old 2006-06-27, 04:23
Life is pain.
Banned

Despite the vocals? I think the vocals add to the defining of it being a grind band.
Old 2006-06-27, 10:41
Post-whore

Its definatly got grind influences but regardless it's not grind.

How do those vox add to defining it as grind, I wonder??