Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2006-06-23, 12:16
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to CannibalXampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
that kind of music has to be the MOST FUCKING ANNOYING SHIT IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD HOLY SHIT IT SUCKS FUCKING BALLS

You listen to Devil Driver.
Old 2006-06-23, 12:25
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Still not a matter of opinion. All that other shit I wrote was an explanation of why not.

And the words mean different things. Don't inflate your own importance by using the wrong words. It's been blown up too much in your head as it is.

Interestingly spastic shit. Incredibly annoying vocals.
Old 2006-06-23, 12:45
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
youre right. apologies.

Its all good man.

Awesome.
Old 2006-06-23, 20:57
Life is pain.
Banned

At this point i'd like to remind everyone December Wolves is still the best band ever.
Old 2006-06-23, 21:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
You listen to Devil Driver.

i would like to see where it says i listen to devil driver you faggot

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy
Old 2006-06-24, 00:22
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
the c;lucosty are nits man. vocals CAN bwe annoiuonhb if you trake it wrong bt i (OL) them.
my griend toild me to say sorr ju i ,m drunk

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-06-24, 00:59
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
Havn`t heard this, but Im willing to bet its not half as shitty as some black metal band called apocalypse. That shit made me ashamed of listening to music.

Holy crap, someone else heard of Apocalypse? That dude from Greece, right? Hahahahahaha, that was unbe-fucking-lievable. Reminds me of it, I still have to throw that promo in the bin.
Old 2006-06-24, 01:42
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
hasnt this thread made its point yet
over 90% of people hate the locust

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Old 2006-06-24, 01:52
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Shut up. The point of this thread is the same as any other band thread: to discuss the band. Even if very few people like it.
Old 2006-06-24, 03:35
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
hmmmm i'm glad I don't listen to this band...they aren't "loud" like i've heard a lot of people say...just shitty...I can't understanding how anyone could consider this "good" or "talented." Jesus this reminds me of the article I wrote about abstract art...there has to be rules about what can be considered art and what can not...and that...was definitely not art (music). I'm sure any beginning guitarist could make the shit they play and the horrid racket they create. Bands like this should never be promoted and should never even be a thought in peoples minds. The people should simply be punched in the face then get skullfucked by a ultra dyke manhating lesbian name Barbie. This isn't music...it is noise.
Old 2006-06-24, 04:43
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
the c;lucosty are nits man. vocals CAN bwe annoiuonhb if you trake it wrong bt i (OL) them.
my griend toild me to say sorr ju i ,m drunk

Hahaha, It took me like 5 minutes to read this.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2006-06-24, 06:31
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to HELLBLASTER-666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus666
Holy crap, someone else heard of Apocalypse? That dude from Greece, right? Hahahahahaha, that was unbe-fucking-lievable. Reminds me of it, I still have to throw that promo in the bin.

Are you refering to me?No,I haven't heard them
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeandruin
there has to be rules about what can be considered art and what can not

Wow!That's really openminded.Besides it's all subjective

Old 2006-06-24, 07:17
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Interestingly spastic shit. Incredibly annoying vocals.

That's probaly the only thing i've ever agreed with you on.

But i've said it already this band are good to listen to if you just wanna have a laugh and DON'T take it seriously.
Old 2006-06-24, 09:35
Life is pain.
Banned

alot of people miss the point about the music and say bla bla 12 yr old kid with first guitar could play that. but find me a kid that can and ill agree. then, find me any random guitarist and tell them to play it. my bet is they cant. then, go get a more hardened metalhead and tell him to play it. i b et he can't either. you see, these noises they are making is replicated live. to capture that chaos of random outbursts of guitars and shit and then memorise it and be able to play it again is hard! you can't say this stuff isn't above the moderate rate of technicality.

so then you say ok so you admire the musicianship but you dont like the music. well maybe it takes a certain taste to actually like the music and well im in that group.

and if you guys really wanna hear the shittest band on earth listen to cephalic mortification, i've claimed that they are the worst i have ever heard for 3 years running.
Old 2006-06-24, 10:02
Post-whore

Quote:
hmmmm i'm glad I don't listen to this band...they aren't "loud" like i've heard a lot of people say...just shitty...I can't understanding how anyone could consider this "good" or "talented." Jesus this reminds me of the article I wrote about abstract art...there has to be rules about what can be considered art and what can not...and that...was definitely not art (music). I'm sure any beginning guitarist could make the shit they play and the horrid racket they create. Bands like this should never be promoted and should never even be a thought in peoples minds. The people should simply be punched in the face then get skullfucked by a ultra dyke manhating lesbian name Barbie. This isn't music...it is noise.

see them live, they are loud enough, plenty of bands sound great with a polished recording but can they pull it off live without triggered drums?, this band can, granted they travel with their own sound system and soundman, but every band should anyway. an mp3 or an album to listen to isnt gonna indicate how loud they are, c'mon now.
Old 2006-06-24, 10:52
Quantum.

Low-tech, you requested that somone say why he or she doesn't like it. I've read through this thread, and I can only say that I respect how much you manage to argument your point, serious or not. So I will try.
I personally don't like it, because it makes me think of what would happen if I were to pour oil in the gas tank and gas in the oil tank of my chainsaw and try to start it. It doesn't work, and it makes a large spectacle of it at that. Music has an extreme range of possibilities and emotions to offer, if you're willing to go there, and not least in metal we have many examples of how progressions that is otherwise considered dissonant and disharmnious can be forced into music. But that's just the thing - though experimentation is fun and can often lead to things you never expected out of a throat or a fretboard, in the end the different sounds need, at some basic level, to work together.
I can develop the subject more if you're interested, but this is the essence of it.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Old 2006-06-24, 11:19
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
see them live, they are loud enough, plenty of bands sound great with a polished recording but can they pull it off live without triggered drums?, this band can, granted they travel with their own sound system and soundman, but every band should anyway. an mp3 or an album to listen to isnt gonna indicate how loud they are, c'mon now.

I see...I was thinking about them on record...When I think loud for recording I usually think of like Nile or any band that at times is very difficult to hear all the instruments.
Old 2006-06-24, 11:43
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
This isn't music...it is noise.

Thats why they are classified as a "NOISE BAND" you stupid shit.

And very mature of you. What are you, 12? Must we insult people who like the music, instead of just saying "crap" or "bad," or even "this band blows"? But no, apparently the fans must be beaten because they have an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
alot of people miss the point about the music and say bla bla 12 yr old kid with first guitar could play that. but find me a kid that can and ill agree. then, find me any random guitarist and tell them to play it. my bet is they cant. then, go get a more hardened metalhead and tell him to play it. i b et he can't either. you see, these noises they are making is replicated live. to capture that chaos of random outbursts of guitars and shit and then memorise it and be able to play it again is hard! you can't say this stuff isn't above the moderate rate of technicality.

so then you say ok so you admire the musicianship but you dont like the music. well maybe it takes a certain taste to actually like the music and well im in that group.

and if you guys really wanna hear the shittest band on earth listen to cephalic mortification, i've claimed that they are the worst i have ever heard for 3 years running.

If I ever mentioned you lack intelligence, I take it back.
+1.

Quote:
I see...I was thinking about them on record...When I think loud for recording I usually think of like Nile or any band that at times is very difficult to hear all the instruments.

So it almost sounds like you support bands that are so cluttered that you can't hear everything that is being played (don't get me wrong, I love Nile). Contradiction?

Awesome.
Old 2006-06-24, 12:01
Post-whore

its fine if people here dont like them. as far as music or art having rules or "working together", c'mon now, rules defeat the point of it, absract art or avant-garde music<not really crazy on this term but i guess itll suffice>. this stuff gets away from all that. granted not everything that is considered avant-garde is dissonant and atonal in nature but there is long history of atonallity,noise experimentation with the rock,fusion and jazz worlds.

as i said before theres jazz stuff that was done 50 years ago that makes the locust seem tame. the locust walk the line between both worlds of what seems to be precisely done composed songs to utterly random sounding racket. you guys should hear orthrelm. if it was just jammed out nonsense i wouldnt be into it as much. the fact that they can reproduce these songs note for note live very well adds to my respect for them.

but people here have valid points in not liking the locust in what they intentionally set out to do. there are alot of bands now that are kinda ripping off what they do and im not into everything in this genre of music anyway, i view it in the same light of all these little obscure genres in metal,hardcore etc. of usually getting into a few bands that i think stand out,are good and ignoring the vast amount of clones.
Old 2006-06-24, 12:07
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Sonically, free jazz is more extreme than this in its willingness to do strange things, but it's less deliberately transgressive. I'm not sure there's really a good comparison beyond that; the deliberately transgressive will naturally be more disconcerting.