Post-whore

me and you seem like the only ones who actually post in here hah
Old 2006-09-24, 16:20
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
me and you seem like the only ones who actually post in here hah

I would imagine therei s probably a good majority of people who don't even know this thread exists haha.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-09-24, 20:41
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to KthalEhthrek Send a message via Yahoo to KthalEhthrek
http://download.yousendit.com/528359CC58425A27

Can you guys take a listen to this little piece of music I started writing? Criticism is very welcome

Death "A Moment of Clarity"

Check out my band if you like \m/
Old 2006-09-24, 21:08
Slayer of dumb cunts

That was a really intresting post. Theres something about the guitar recordings that is just completely missing. The drums are definately over powering.

But i must say thats probably the best sounding drum samples i've ever heard.........

Want to share? haha. Nah good sound drums and the overall clip was pretty good, other than the guitars being a little too in the background. Might be fixed with volume and eq adjustments. But thats more of a guess than anything.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2006-09-24, 21:32
Post-whore

i just now figures out it existed

Man nice stuff that was badass. I look forward to some more shit and longer
Old 2006-09-24, 22:26
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KthalEhthrek

Can you guys take a listen to this little piece of music I started writing? Criticism is very welcome

that was very good
one thing i suggest is record your guitars in stereo, the mono sound ruins the awesome guitar you did. pan the two tracks 80% left 80% right and turn the volume up on them a bit

good shit
Old 2006-09-24, 22:53
Senior Metalhead

Wow holy crap you guys really like this?

Hahahaha I just got told by some friends that it was Shitty music hahaha.

But yeah, I guess I need to figure out a better way to record the Guitar. Right now I'm using a Marshall 80 watt amp with the Overdrive channel with a cheapy Jackson Flying V. I put a 9 dollar Mic up to the Amp and put a sock over the Mic to help get rid of the buzzing.

Any better suggestions??

Oh and as for the Drums, they're pretty rad no? Har har har =D

Old 2006-09-24, 22:59
Slayer of dumb cunts

Put a sock over it? What the fuck haha... Dude go buy a 57 on ebay..... Yeah i could tell the amps onthe guitar sounded a lil... not so high gain. Which actually made it intresting. I like less gain here and there.

What the hell were your friends thinking? Also what music do they listen to.. cause.,. yeah..
Old 2006-09-25, 19:33
Post-whore

Whats a good mic to buy just for recording my self playing bass
Old 2006-09-25, 19:55
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Whats a good mic to buy just for recording my self playing bass

I tell you what, i've been doing direct in on bass forever and have heard almost nothing else. If you can't do that.. i would imagine.. an sm57 would probably be just fine.

What kind of rig you got? As far as the speakers go.
Old 2006-09-26, 11:28
New Blood

Quote:

I like it, especially the first riff after the widdly intro. The drum samples sound prety cool. I agree with what people are saying aout the guitars needing to sound a bit more beefy though. I like recording 4 guitar tracks and having them 100% Left, 80%left, 80% Right, 100% Right. At least thats the best I've managed to get my recordings sounding, though they're a long way from perfect.

I've got my most recent recording here if anyone would check it out - Living With Disfigurement - Thief (Of Parts From Those Deceased)

I'm playing through a Line 6 Flextone 3 mic'ing up with an sm57 and also taking a bit of the direct out and putting them through a small mixing desk into Cubase. Bass is all done by DI.

Last edited by Spengler : 2006-09-26 at 14:36.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:01
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

With what program/samples did you make the drums?
Old 2006-09-26, 12:04
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler
I like it, especially the first riff after the widdly intro. The drum samples sound prety cool. I agree with what people are saying aout the guitars needing to sound a bit more beefy though. I like recording 4 guitar tracks and having them 100% Left, 80%left, 80% Right, 100% Right. At least thats the best I've managed to get my recordings sounding, though they're a long way from perfect.

I've got my most recent recording here if anyone would check it out - Living With Disfigurement - Thief (Of Parts From Thos Deceased)

I'm playing through a Line 6 Flextone 3 mic'ing up with an sm57 and also taking a bit of the direct out and putting them through a small mixing desk into Cubase. Bass is all done by DI.

Dude this is highly impressive in my opinion. You're my new best friend haha. I'm not the biggest fan of hte type of music, but the recording quality is where its at.

Sure it seems rougher than say .. a pro recording. But it definately is alot better than mine. Thats intresting that you say 100% and 80%. Thats a really good idea that i didn't even think of.

What kind of eqing do you generally do on your multiple tracks? I.E. does your 100% differ from your 80%?

When your miking your gear where do you generally put the mike? I.E. for instance i put mine about 2 inches from teh edge of the cone.

Whats your "main" guitars. I'm assuming the 80%

Also i'm guessing the drums are samples? If so what are you using to make them fruity loops? If also samples whered you get those samples. They're not too shabby.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:35
New Blood

For EQing the guitars I peak it towards the top end and ease off a bit on the bass, that way I find the guitars are a little less muddy and it lets the bass guitar cut through a bit more.

With the 80% panned guitars I just use EQ, with the 100% I use EQ and compression. I find the compressed guitars to sound a little fizzy though so I have the 80% panned ones loudest and the 100% ones a bit quieter.

The drums are live, recorded round in a mates studio (garden shed) and everything else is done in my bedroom. I have used programmed drums for my other project Catabasis. Those were Drumkit From Hell samples being handled by Battery in Cubase. The drums sound quite nice but the production on the guitars lets it down, this was done a fair while ago and I've learned to be more patient with my mixing since then.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:42
Post-whore

Dont know why you guys assumed they were sampled drums. They sound live to me, and very good recording quality on them too. I would have turned the guitars up a bit more on that song though. The song itself is pretty good too.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:46
New Blood

Yeah, the guitars should go up a bit and I might lower some of the vocals yet. It's only a test mix really, need to record a few more fills and then do some bits and pieces for other songs before I mix the whole lot down properly.
Old 2006-09-26, 13:22
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
Dont know why you guys assumed they were sampled drums. They sound live to me, and very good recording quality on them too. I would have turned the guitars up a bit more on that song though. The song itself is pretty good too.

Well i only assumed since most people don't have drumsets. But it sounds pretty damn real to me.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:38
Senior Metalhead

CHeck out DoublebassMania, its an awesome site. What I did was order the cd, Use the .wav Samples of each Drum hit and make an Electronic Set using Pcdrummer. Its a rad way to get a realistic Sounding track.

How's this guys? I raised the level of the guitars and panned one to 80 on the left and the other to 80 on the right. Have a taste?

http://download.yousendit.com/C855ADD659778DC4

Old 2006-09-27, 17:02
New Blood

ai, i just uploaded my new song. its not quite ready, but hear by yourselves.
http://myspace.com/interzonereal - the song is named So On
Old 2006-09-28, 14:25
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I tell you what, i've been doing direct in on bass forever and have heard almost nothing else. If you can't do that.. i would imagine.. an sm57 would probably be just fine.

What kind of rig you got? As far as the speakers go.

amp? just a crapy Fender Rumble 15

or computer speakers laptop so they are built in