Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2006-09-07, 03:44
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Thats definately a good first post. I liked the music. Thats pretty rare too. Not bad i must say. I'd be lying if i didn't say the lack of vocals is a dissapointment. oh well.

Also the drums is somewhat overpowering. Might be a good idea to slightly dip them back a bit.

Well, thats my problem. There are no abled musicians in my hometown, so i have to do all by myself. If you know someone who wants to shout on my records, no prob. I would send him my material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-09-07, 10:15
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AabieNe
Well, thats my problem. There are no abled musicians in my hometown, so i have to do all by myself. If you know someone who wants to shout on my records, no prob. I would send him my material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you do it? Thats what i do, i have the SAME problem. At least i can't find anybody anyways. But i do the drums, guitars, bass and vocals. You seem well enough at recording and what not, it would do you some good to branch out and do some vocals haha.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-09-07, 19:25
Slayer of dumb cunts

I have a TASTE of some NEW recordings on my myspace page.

I recently was just fucking around on guitar came up with some clean, and since i like to improv solo for like hours sometimes i recorded the rhythm.. well within a few minutes i realized this is a pretty kick ass idea. So i developed the rhythm a little bit and seriously recorded it then started putting together some lead.

This is a small little clip that i call Intermission, as it will probably be an intermission song of some time on my new cd that i'm working on.

Go here to hear song
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2006-09-08, 21:09
Post-whore

Clean guitar stuff is pretty good after listening to/writing heavy songs for a while. Acoustic or just plain clean electric guitars put the listener almost in a trance after a heavy song (as long as its not upbeat). We have some nice instrumental clean tracks mixed in with our album just to separate the sections of music.
Old 2006-09-08, 21:12
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
Clean guitar stuff is pretty good after listening to/writing heavy songs for a while. Acoustic or just plain clean electric guitars put the listener almost in a trance after a heavy song (as long as its not upbeat). We have some nice instrumental clean tracks mixed in with our album just to separate the sections of music.

I ALWAYS want to make a clean song or portions of songs with clean.. but you have no idea how frustrated i get when i attempt to find something and it just literally won't work. (in my mind).

I want like.. clean singing in some parts of some songs.. but i REALLY ... REALLY can't do it. I mean.. i have seriously exhausted this effort. I have sung and sung.. and SUNG. Recording, trying again, recording and trying again.. and i can't do it. The closest i get is Brandston. (straight OLD SKOOL emo.) As i'm sure you have never heard of this band.. .its a very whiney shouldn't be singing, singing voice. (good band btw) haha.
Old 2006-09-09, 13:20
Post-whore

One tip i got is to listen to some opeth, killswtitch engage clean vocs, or something like that and try to emulate it right before you attempt recording clean vocals on your own song. Works for me usually. It gives you some ideas anyway....
Old 2006-09-09, 14:11
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
One tip i got is to listen to some opeth, killswtitch engage clean vocs, or something like that and try to emulate it right before you attempt recording clean vocals on your own song. Works for me usually. It gives you some ideas anyway....

I can imagine that working, i have a friend who is rediculously good at clean metal (guitar). Its cause this boy is like.. an Iced Earth fiend. He seriously knows every iced earth song probably by heart. And nearly every song he makes sounds like iced earth haha. Its good though.
Old 2006-09-17, 04:46
Metalhead

Ive just recorded crystal moutain by death, have a listen if you want.
Please dont comment on the solo, as i was planning to leave it out, cos i cant play it properly yet, but i ended up throwing it in anyway.

playing for about 18 months now...

http://deathgore.dmusic.com
Old 2006-09-17, 15:13
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
Ive just recorded crystal moutain by death, have a listen if you want.
Please dont comment on the solo, as i was planning to leave it out, cos i cant play it properly yet, but i ended up throwing it in anyway.

playing for about 18 months now...

http://deathgore.dmusic.com

Not too bad. One of my more favorite Death songs out there. The recording wasn't too bad, a lil rough around the edges but overall not too bad. The solo started off good then yea you definatly need to wokr on a lil bit but not too shabby. Probably one of the easier death solos to play thats for sure. My favorite is probably the 1000 eyes solo. But anyways, there were a couple parts that didn't sound that right. Especialy the part right before the solo, thats actually tapping that Death is doing. Not really sure what you were doing but it wasn't taps.

What are you using to record? Direct in i'm assuming.
Old 2006-09-17, 17:09
Metalhead

yep my guitars in really bad condition hence it being so noisey, and the strings are so high of the fretboard near the higher frets, it makes tapping very difficult, so i just improvised it.
Old 2006-09-17, 20:36
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
yep my guitars in really bad condition hence it being so noisey, and the strings are so high of the fretboard near the higher frets, it makes tapping very difficult, so i just improvised it.

Gotcha gotcha, Yeah i could imagine it doing that. I need to get somebody to set up my guitar. I mean its pretty solid, but i'm sure if somebody who knows what htey are doing could probably set it up to play just that much better.
Old 2006-09-21, 04:46
Senior Metalhead

So, here is a little sample...somehow the quality of the file was reduced while uploading (dont know why)...the sample is without bass and drums...just 2 rhythm guitars and 1 lead guitar, I recorded it with the toneport ux2.

Btw, its a doom project

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SmGaq6Rh3m4
Old 2006-09-21, 12:09
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvete
So, here is a little sample...somehow the quality of the file was reduced while uploading (dont know why)...the sample is without bass and drums...just 2 rhythm guitars and 1 lead guitar, I recorded it with the toneport ux2.

Btw, its a doom project

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SmGaq6Rh3m4

Doesn't sound too bad to be honest. Definately something very different than whats usually posted. Lots of reverb and delay, which really isn't a bad thing. At times makes it seem a lil overwhelming but its decient. I didn't care for the rhythm that much but thats a personal opinion. Would be intresting to hear with bass and drums involved.
Old 2006-09-21, 13:44
Senior Metalhead

Well, thanks...

Here another small sample - same song, but not the solo part...this one is with bass and drums.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SN972xiG16s
Old 2006-09-23, 17:21
Post-whore

Here is The black dahlia murder - elder misanthropy me jamming on guitar
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fjCC4yNuMpc

and the agony scene - we bury our dead at dawn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aos60WwynIo

we were thinking of doing covers of these on the album we're working on ( http://www.yourenvy.tk ) but probably won't bother.
Old 2006-09-23, 17:57
Slayer of dumb cunts

It seems me and you have similar taste in music.

I tell you what its actually pretty interesting (never thought i'd say this) to watch somebody play a song on guitar. Their hands. Mostly for the sake of seeing how somebody else plays. And i can tell you what, intresting how different we play guitar. And probably most people on this forum. For one, do you EVER use your pinky? haha That think is tucked away and probably has dust on it. haha You know i think i'll record myself playing a song and post it. Just for the hell of it.

I thought about doing a cover on my cd, but i probably won't, i'm having a hard enough time just recording my own music right. Although this new song i have thats basically almost done.. is pretty damn good.

What do you use to record your lil vids?

Too bad you don't live anywhere near me we could hang out and jam haha
Old 2006-09-23, 19:12
Post-whore

Yea man, add me to your msn (if you use it guitarenvy@hotmail.com)
I got a shitty webcam (as you might notice) and i use a program called winavi video capture. I can send you that if you want, and the sound is mixed in the computer while im playing it - guitar and mp3 track.

No i dont use my pinky, basically cause i dont need to. Some harder soloing i do use it though, just wipe the dust off every couple days hah.
Old 2006-09-23, 19:36
Slayer of dumb cunts

Here

Heres just a lil like half clip of me playin a new song. I'll give your way a shot later on. Thats not a bad idea.

Btw i don't use msn. Like i said, it stinks haha. I use aim. Although i did used to do voice chat over msn and me and this guy used to jam out. I should try that again sometime on like yahoo or actually even aim.
Old 2006-09-23, 21:06
Post-whore

That was very good man
Old 2006-09-23, 21:31
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
That was very good man

haha thanks. I actually made my own music video> i think i'll post it tonight too.

It was before i moved here. Its funny as hell but it wasn't meant to be funny. Just ended up that way