MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2006-05-28, 02:40
Senior Metalhead

RIVERS OF GORE

Last edited by Cyberwaste : 2006-05-28 at 23:20.
Old 2006-05-28, 02:54
Metalhead

thanks for crit im using,
ibanez 350ex with emg 81/85s and a roland cube 30.

I have problems with recording volume, the recording input volume is set almost to the lowest value in audiocity (Recording program), and my amps volume is the lowest it goes until the sound cuts off, if i make either volume knob higher, the recording volume goes off the scale and its a wall of noise, i think its to do with my pickups which are raised quite high.

Bass was on 1/4, Mid on max, treble on half.
ill try and fine tune it later tonight
Old 2006-05-28, 07:32
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
thanks for crit im using,
ibanez 350ex with emg 81/85s and a roland cube 30.

I have problems with recording volume, the recording input volume is set almost to the lowest value in audiocity (Recording program), and my amps volume is the lowest it goes until the sound cuts off, if i make either volume knob higher, the recording volume goes off the scale and its a wall of noise, i think its to do with my pickups which are raised quite high.

Bass was on 1/4, Mid on max, treble on half.
ill try and fine tune it later tonight

Ok gotcha. So i guess you were doing a direct out thing? I've never had much luck recording using direct out hah.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-05-28, 19:58
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Behemoth
Hi guys

I've been coming to your site for the last year or so and I have learned a lot
from u guys. From picking techniques to recording. So I think the time has come
to show off what I've learned and what I can do.

You can listen to the song here

The solo isnt very good, but that's cuz I'm not that skilled... yet!

Equipment used to record and mix:

Jackson RR3
Creative X-fi Platinum soundcard
Zoom GFX5 (yeah yeah I know)

Fruity loops for the drums (thnx vileangelofdeth for the manytone tip)
Magix Music Studio6 for all the mixing.

All Critisizm is welcome exept for lame ass comments like 'u suck' or something.

Thats pretty good, i had to crank it up a bit cause the volume is low. The only thing i would recomment is to lower the hihat and raise the guitar vol a bit. its an awesome song though, have i heard this before or is it original?
Old 2006-05-28, 20:42
Post-whore

I havent really posted about or really said anything about my band, but we're working on a cd which will hopefully be released this fall. Ive actually been writing these songs for over 2 years now.

But anyways, heres a quick little sample (programmed drums, i cant give out the master YET) I would like some opinions on the guitar tone, not so much the quality of the recording, since i wont be using this production sound of course. The guitar is a tiny bit sloppy, it was a long day lol.

I would also like your opinion on what genre of metal you would personally classify this into. If its possible to do without hearing the vocals.

Your Envy - Constructing Spheres - Sample

Last edited by MorbidGuitar : 2006-05-28 at 20:45.
Old 2006-05-28, 22:10
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
I havent really posted about or really said anything about my band, but we're working on a cd which will hopefully be released this fall. Ive actually been writing these songs for over 2 years now.

But anyways, heres a quick little sample (programmed drums, i cant give out the master YET) I would like some opinions on the guitar tone, not so much the quality of the recording, since i wont be using this production sound of course. The guitar is a tiny bit sloppy, it was a long day lol.

I would also like your opinion on what genre of metal you would personally classify this into. If its possible to do without hearing the vocals.

Your Envy - Constructing Spheres - Sample

Definately not a bad lil clip. Didn't REALLY sound like my kind of music, but it wasn't bad at all. I liked the drums in it. Off the top of my head sounds like some variant of hardcore.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
Old 2006-06-01, 11:01
Slayer of dumb cunts

I finally have put a new song up on my myspace.

Check out the song on there called Some Malicious Intent, and tell me what you think of the recording.

Some Malicious Intent

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-06-01 at 11:05.
Old 2006-06-06, 08:04
Metalhead

listening now dude, sounds pretty cool, its hard for me to pinpoint a style of music to your song. I love the end solo, only wish itd go bit longer, and im not huge fan of the vocals it sounds too much like hardcore for me . Some riffs sound awesome, some not so, love the harmonies though, drums kick arse too.
Old 2006-06-06, 19:55
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
listening now dude, sounds pretty cool, its hard for me to pinpoint a style of music to your song. I love the end solo, only wish itd go bit longer, and im not huge fan of the vocals it sounds too much like hardcore for me . Some riffs sound awesome, some not so, love the harmonies though, drums kick arse too.

Thanks i appreciate it. Yeah there is some hardcoreesq style in it.. but not really. I really can't stand real hardcore music, its just horrible to me. I try to do a cross between.. dark tranquility / death / darkest hour. its about as best as i can do haha.

Yeah for awhile i had a hardtime pinpointing my own genre, but i think lately its probably a cross between melodic death metal and some tech death. (such as death)
Old 2006-06-09, 13:25
New Blood

i can't say exactly what this is. i just sat down with a couple riffs in mind and started recording. the other 9 minutes just kind of happened. since it was mostly bullshitting around on the guitar, i had to give it an equally bullshit title.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18686573...odenum.mp3.html
Old 2006-06-10, 01:54
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z500
i can't say exactly what this is. i just sat down with a couple riffs in mind and started recording. the other 9 minutes just kind of happened. since it was mostly bullshitting around on the guitar, i had to give it an equally bullshit title.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18686573...odenum.mp3.html

Hmmm.. how exactly did you record it? It sounded probably like a direct out recording.

This recording reminds me of some sort of Doom metal. What exactly are you trying to get out of posting you're music? i'm just curious
Old 2006-06-10, 02:38
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Hmmm.. how exactly did you record it? It sounded probably like a direct out recording.

This recording reminds me of some sort of Doom metal. What exactly are you trying to get out of posting you're music? i'm just curious

i don't know, just looking for opinions i guess. i'm actually a little proud of that riff at 2:35, considering it was probably one of the ones that just came out of nowhere. i should have used it a little more. and yeah, i basically just recorded right onto the PC and fucked around with it a little.
Old 2006-06-11, 00:27
Post-whore

Heres a jam track i made today, guitar and drums. The guitar is channeled left and right (2 tracks) so the quality is good. Check it out, gimme comments on my tone, ect.... Was pretty much made up as i went along but turned out not bad! Bet you guys have no idea what amp im using :P

http://rapidshare.de/files/22756977...ing_V2.mp3.html
Old 2006-06-11, 09:56
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Heres a jam track i made today, guitar and drums. The guitar is channeled left and right (2 tracks) so the quality is good. Check it out, gimme comments on my tone, ect.... Was pretty much made up as i went along but turned out not bad! Bet you guys have no idea what amp im using :P

http://rapidshare.de/files/22756977...ing_V2.mp3.html

Not too bad. I actually liked it quite a bit. As far as the riffs go and the putting it together sounded really solid.

Onto the recording. How did you record the guitars? Definately need to eq some of the highs back, but they actually came through a lil better. With probably a better use of eq it wouldn't sound so much like static. Actually if you added a little bit in the mid bass to bass region it would help the sound of the guitars out a bit.

If you put some decient reverb on the drums it would definately sound pretty decient. The snare sounds extremely weak the way it is. But is easily fixed.

This isn't a bad song for just going along and making shit up haha. Everynow and again you can get some good shit that way.
Old 2006-06-11, 09:57
Slayer of dumb cunts

By the way what are you doing at the begining of the song? I mean how are you making that riff? Some sort of taps or somethin?
Old 2006-06-12, 19:47
Post-whore

Mostly hammer-ons, small amount of tapping and some minor palm muting on the low strings. The only thing that annoys me is my timing is slightly off in that part so im gonna redo the whole thing this weekend since i've played it over a few times now with some new ideas.

and thanks for the comments

Last edited by MorbidGuitar : 2006-06-12 at 19:55.
Old 2006-06-12, 21:35
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Mostly hammer-ons, small amount of tapping and some minor palm muting on the low strings. The only thing that annoys me is my timing is slightly off in that part so im gonna redo the whole thing this weekend since i've played it over a few times now with some new ideas.

and thanks for the comments

That happens all the time with my early recordings of my songs. I end up recording my songs nearly 4 or 5 times all the way through to get what i want. By then i have played the songs so much i can do it in my sleep, which makes the timing locked on.
Old 2006-06-12, 23:26
Post-whore

Hey all you fuckers!!! Check out the new website!

http://www.yourenvy.tk

The graphics are deadly
Old 2006-06-18, 21:41
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Old 2006-06-18, 21:43
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
Quote:
Hey all you fuckers!!! Check out the new website!

http://www.yourenvy.tk

The graphics are deadly

dont cover green day you queer!

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg