MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #21  
Old 2006-05-19, 11:18
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Track by myself (4.1MB). Recorded using my POD, through the poweramp of my Laney (tube), then into my 'custom' open backed 2x12 and recorded with an SM57 into a behringer mixer. Hasn't turned out too badly, not perfect by any means, but im quite happy with it



It didn't sound half bad, and i enjoyed it. Except every now and again the harmony wasn't doing it for me. It would sound good then i was like whoa thats just completely off key.

I'm pretty sure thats how you meant it to be, but that was to me the big down side to the song. Too much dissonance for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2006-05-19, 13:56
Silent Night 6 6's Avatar
Silent Night 6 6 Silent Night 6 6 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,968
Hey I was wondering like w/ my track earlier, I had 2 guitars for the rhythm each panned like 40% to each side. On the solo part though, I had it mono to both speakers, should I split it towards one side or?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2006-05-19, 14:07
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Hey I was wondering like w/ my track earlier, I had 2 guitars for the rhythm each panned like 40% to each side. On the solo part though, I had it mono to both speakers, should I split it towards one side or?



I dunno i play with the panning so much that you can do alot with either way really. Doing the mono style really isn't that bad of an idea. Granted what you could do is.. track record two different guitars doing the rhythm on both sides and having the solo in the middle. I've done this a few times. I'm actually doing this write now as i write this. But often times in the past what i'll do is.. just have about 35% on each side with one being rhythm and the other being the solo.. So it just kind of cuts through a lil better.

Bet as for yours it actually doesn't sound that bad how it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2006-05-19, 14:33
sqol's Avatar
sqol sqol is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via MSN to sqol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
It didn't sound half bad, and i enjoyed it. Except every now and again the harmony wasn't doing it for me. It would sound good then i was like whoa thats just completely off key.

I'm pretty sure thats how you meant it to be, but that was to me the big down side to the song. Too much dissonance for me.


Yea, i could probably point the bits where the harmony is shite... i'm fixing it, just couldn't be bothered then
__________________

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2006-05-19, 16:04
Robbie Filth's Avatar
Robbie Filth Robbie Filth is offline
The Man Who Is, MGI.
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
Sqol your song was cool some nice guitaring. lol

But yeah when i can be bothered i will winzip some of my gore/porn songs drum machine mayhem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBored
I feel a bit arabic spending 30 minutes in the toilet.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2006-05-19, 17:09
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
Here's a track I recorded for my senior project. I admit it's not too good, but I got an A on though, but maybe that shows how much effort it requires to pass highschool. As you can hear, alot of the later sections are way off time, and the vocals are far from perfect.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20885396...mbrace.mp3.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2006-05-20, 20:56
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
Here's a track I recorded for my senior project. I admit it's not too good, but I got an A on though, but maybe that shows how much effort it requires to pass highschool. As you can hear, alot of the later sections are way off time, and the vocals are far from perfect.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20885396...mbrace.mp3.html



I did the same fucking thing haha. Although my song was about the WTO (world trade organization) and was a punk song hah. But i dunno its kind of hard for somebody else to give you a harsh grade on a style of music that they may not like.

As for you're song. I actually liked it. I'm not that big on death metal but it didn't sound half bad. Granted the guitars were an eq nightmare but everything together wasn't bad. Decient sounding drums. And the lil end slow down i will admit was pretty fucking awesome. imo

I'll have to steal that idea and maybe incorporate it somehow.

Not a death metal fan but i liked it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2006-05-20, 23:39
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I did the same fucking thing haha. Although my song was about the WTO (world trade organization) and was a punk song hah. But i dunno its kind of hard for somebody else to give you a harsh grade on a style of music that they may not like.

As for you're song. I actually liked it. I'm not that big on death metal but it didn't sound half bad. Granted the guitars were an eq nightmare but everything together wasn't bad. Decient sounding drums. And the lil end slow down i will admit was pretty fucking awesome. imo

I'll have to steal that idea and maybe incorporate it somehow.

Not a death metal fan but i liked it.

Thanks dude. Yeah, the guitars were purposely EQ'ed to scoop because I didn't want my off time riffs showing up. But yeah, I had fun recording it, and thats really all that matters if school is involved.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2006-05-26, 10:02
Lord_Behemoth Lord_Behemoth is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9
Hi guys

I've been coming to your site for the last year or so and I have learned a lot
from u guys. From picking techniques to recording. So I think the time has come
to show off what I've learned and what I can do.

You can listen to the song here


The solo isnt very good, but that's cuz I'm not that skilled... yet!

Equipment used to record and mix:

Jackson RR3
Creative X-fi Platinum soundcard
Zoom GFX5 (yeah yeah I know)

Fruity loops for the drums (thnx vileangelofdeth for the manytone tip)
Magix Music Studio6 for all the mixing.


All Critisizm is welcome exept for lame ass comments like 'u suck' or something.

Last edited by Lord_Behemoth : 2006-05-26 at 10:13.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2006-05-27, 03:44
Sythke21 Sythke21 is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 63
just listened to it lord_behemoth, im personally not a huge fan of black metal, but i think what youve done is pretty damn cool, i really like your tone, and the drums fit very well, the solos sounds good, although the song sort of ends abrubtly. but i like
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2006-05-27, 04:31
*insert name here*'s Avatar
*insert name here* *insert name here* is offline
Jono
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,761
Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
u suk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2006-05-27, 05:03
Sythke21 Sythke21 is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 63
*insert_name_here* your not even funny, go away you loser.

While im flaming, ive come to post a sound clip based on what u guys said last time to fix my recording quality up.

last time u guys said my sound was very muddy, and needed more treble, ive also made guitar 1, and guitar 2, sound out over different speakers. i think it sounds quite a bit improved.

could u guys give it a listen, its the Raining Blood one (i know the triplets are out of time)

http://deathgore.dmusic.com/

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2006-05-27, 05:19
*insert name here*'s Avatar
*insert name here* *insert name here* is offline
Jono
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,761
Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2006-05-27, 18:54
Cyberwaste's Avatar
Cyberwaste Cyberwaste is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberdyne, USA
Posts: 455
If your a metal fan you should know what this is, if not quit playing!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...8ABF1F0075A7A1B
__________________
FLOWING WITH THE BEST DEATH METAL TABS ON THE WEB...

RIVERS OF GORE
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2006-05-27, 19:19
Sythke21 Sythke21 is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 63
sounds good cyber waste, really clean playing and everyhing sounds perfect, but i dont think it sounds heavy enough though, a little to light, maybe recorded another track over it?

Last edited by Sythke21 : 2006-05-27 at 20:53.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2006-05-27, 22:52
Silent Night 6 6's Avatar
Silent Night 6 6 Silent Night 6 6 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberwaste
If your a metal fan you should know what this is, if not quit playing!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...8ABF1F0075A7A1B

Playing was great but I don't know what you played.....does that make me unmetal?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2006-05-27, 22:56
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Behemoth
Hi guys

I've been coming to your site for the last year or so and I have learned a lot
from u guys. From picking techniques to recording. So I think the time has come
to show off what I've learned and what I can do.

You can listen to the song here


The solo isnt very good, but that's cuz I'm not that skilled... yet!

Equipment used to record and mix:

Jackson RR3
Creative X-fi Platinum soundcard
Zoom GFX5 (yeah yeah I know)

Fruity loops for the drums (thnx vileangelofdeth for the manytone tip)
Magix Music Studio6 for all the mixing.


All Critisizm is welcome exept for lame ass comments like 'u suck' or something.



I agree with what was said before. I'm not the biggest black metal guy but i actually really liked this song/recording. The hi hat was pretty annoying though. i must say. Basically sounded completely out of..... place with the entire song.

I want to hear vocals too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2006-05-27, 23:00
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberwaste
If your a metal fan you should know what this is, if not quit playing!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...8ABF1F0075A7A1B

I fucking quit!
Nah i have no idea what song this is either.

Drums definately need to be a lil more defined and louder sounding. Guitars were a lil too dominate.

I dissagree with you Sythke21. I kind of liked the tone/sound of the guitars.

Song needs some bass for sure. Would smoothen the sound out quite a bit.

Not bad though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2006-05-27, 23:04
tmfreak's Avatar
tmfreak tmfreak is offline
Slayer of dumb cunts
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, va
Posts: 3,622
Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
*insert_name_here* your not even funny, go away you loser.

While im flaming, ive come to post a sound clip based on what u guys said last time to fix my recording quality up.

last time u guys said my sound was very muddy, and needed more treble, ive also made guitar 1, and guitar 2, sound out over different speakers. i think it sounds quite a bit improved.

could u guys give it a listen, its the Raining Blood one (i know the triplets are out of time)

http://deathgore.dmusic.com/

thanks.


I did a comparison between the actual slayer song tone and you'res. Not bad. Pretty key on. You definately are still lacking the higher highs. You don't need alot but you definately need some. Might be a good idea to lower the volume abit, to prevent unneeded distortion. Might want to slightly curb some of the bass freqs in a final product.

But overall i thought it was pretty solid. Not bad. What setup are you using to record?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:46.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.