MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2006-09-07, 08:44
AabieNe
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Thats definately a good first post. I liked the music. Thats pretty rare too. Not bad i must say. I'd be lying if i didn't say the lack of vocals is a dissapointment. oh well.

Also the drums is somewhat overpowering. Might be a good idea to slightly dip them back a bit.

Well, thats my problem. There are no abled musicians in my hometown, so i have to do all by myself. If you know someone who wants to shout on my records, no prob. I would send him my material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2006-09-07, 15:15
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AabieNe
Well, thats my problem. There are no abled musicians in my hometown, so i have to do all by myself. If you know someone who wants to shout on my records, no prob. I would send him my material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you do it? Thats what i do, i have the SAME problem. At least i can't find anybody anyways. But i do the drums, guitars, bass and vocals. You seem well enough at recording and what not, it would do you some good to branch out and do some vocals haha.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-09-08, 00:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I have a TASTE of some NEW recordings on my myspace page.

I recently was just fucking around on guitar came up with some clean, and since i like to improv solo for like hours sometimes i recorded the rhythm.. well within a few minutes i realized this is a pretty kick ass idea. So i developed the rhythm a little bit and seriously recorded it then started putting together some lead.

This is a small little clip that i call Intermission, as it will probably be an intermission song of some time on my new cd that i'm working on.

Go here to hear song
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2006-09-09, 02:09
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Clean guitar stuff is pretty good after listening to/writing heavy songs for a while. Acoustic or just plain clean electric guitars put the listener almost in a trance after a heavy song (as long as its not upbeat). We have some nice instrumental clean tracks mixed in with our album just to separate the sections of music.

Old 2006-09-09, 02:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
Clean guitar stuff is pretty good after listening to/writing heavy songs for a while. Acoustic or just plain clean electric guitars put the listener almost in a trance after a heavy song (as long as its not upbeat). We have some nice instrumental clean tracks mixed in with our album just to separate the sections of music.

I ALWAYS want to make a clean song or portions of songs with clean.. but you have no idea how frustrated i get when i attempt to find something and it just literally won't work. (in my mind).

I want like.. clean singing in some parts of some songs.. but i REALLY ... REALLY can't do it. I mean.. i have seriously exhausted this effort. I have sung and sung.. and SUNG. Recording, trying again, recording and trying again.. and i can't do it. The closest i get is Brandston. (straight OLD SKOOL emo.) As i'm sure you have never heard of this band.. .its a very whiney shouldn't be singing, singing voice. (good band btw) haha.

Old 2006-09-09, 18:20
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

One tip i got is to listen to some opeth, killswtitch engage clean vocs, or something like that and try to emulate it right before you attempt recording clean vocals on your own song. Works for me usually. It gives you some ideas anyway....

Old 2006-09-09, 19:11
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
One tip i got is to listen to some opeth, killswtitch engage clean vocs, or something like that and try to emulate it right before you attempt recording clean vocals on your own song. Works for me usually. It gives you some ideas anyway....

I can imagine that working, i have a friend who is rediculously good at clean metal (guitar). Its cause this boy is like.. an Iced Earth fiend. He seriously knows every iced earth song probably by heart. And nearly every song he makes sounds like iced earth haha. Its good though.

Old 2006-09-17, 09:46
Sythke21
Metalhead

Ive just recorded crystal moutain by death, have a listen if you want.
Please dont comment on the solo, as i was planning to leave it out, cos i cant play it properly yet, but i ended up throwing it in anyway.

playing for about 18 months now...

http://deathgore.dmusic.com

Old 2006-09-17, 20:13
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
Ive just recorded crystal moutain by death, have a listen if you want.
Please dont comment on the solo, as i was planning to leave it out, cos i cant play it properly yet, but i ended up throwing it in anyway.

playing for about 18 months now...

Not too bad. One of my more favorite Death songs out there. The recording wasn't too bad, a lil rough around the edges but overall not too bad. The solo started off good then yea you definatly need to wokr on a lil bit but not too shabby. Probably one of the easier death solos to play thats for sure. My favorite is probably the 1000 eyes solo. But anyways, there were a couple parts that didn't sound that right. Especialy the part right before the solo, thats actually tapping that Death is doing. Not really sure what you were doing but it wasn't taps.

What are you using to record? Direct in i'm assuming.

Old 2006-09-17, 22:09
Sythke21
Metalhead

yep my guitars in really bad condition hence it being so noisey, and the strings are so high of the fretboard near the higher frets, it makes tapping very difficult, so i just improvised it.

Old 2006-09-18, 01:36
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
yep my guitars in really bad condition hence it being so noisey, and the strings are so high of the fretboard near the higher frets, it makes tapping very difficult, so i just improvised it.

Gotcha gotcha, Yeah i could imagine it doing that. I need to get somebody to set up my guitar. I mean its pretty solid, but i'm sure if somebody who knows what htey are doing could probably set it up to play just that much better.

Old 2006-09-21, 09:46
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

So, here is a little sample...somehow the quality of the file was reduced while uploading (dont know why)...the sample is without bass and drums...just 2 rhythm guitars and 1 lead guitar, I recorded it with the toneport ux2.

Btw, its a doom project

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SmGaq6Rh3m4

Old 2006-09-21, 17:09
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvete
So, here is a little sample...somehow the quality of the file was reduced while uploading (dont know why)...the sample is without bass and drums...just 2 rhythm guitars and 1 lead guitar, I recorded it with the toneport ux2.

Btw, its a doom project

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SmGaq6Rh3m4

Doesn't sound too bad to be honest. Definately something very different than whats usually posted. Lots of reverb and delay, which really isn't a bad thing. At times makes it seem a lil overwhelming but its decient. I didn't care for the rhythm that much but thats a personal opinion. Would be intresting to hear with bass and drums involved.

Old 2006-09-21, 18:44
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

Well, thanks...

Here another small sample - same song, but not the solo part...this one is with bass and drums.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SN972xiG16s

Old 2006-09-23, 22:21
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Here is The black dahlia murder - elder misanthropy me jamming on guitar
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fjCC4yNuMpc

and the agony scene - we bury our dead at dawn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aos60WwynIo

we were thinking of doing covers of these on the album we're working on ( http://www.yourenvy.tk ) but probably won't bother.

Old 2006-09-23, 22:57
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

It seems me and you have similar taste in music.

I tell you what its actually pretty interesting (never thought i'd say this) to watch somebody play a song on guitar. Their hands. Mostly for the sake of seeing how somebody else plays. And i can tell you what, intresting how different we play guitar. And probably most people on this forum. For one, do you EVER use your pinky? haha That think is tucked away and probably has dust on it. haha You know i think i'll record myself playing a song and post it. Just for the hell of it.

I thought about doing a cover on my cd, but i probably won't, i'm having a hard enough time just recording my own music right. Although this new song i have thats basically almost done.. is pretty damn good.

What do you use to record your lil vids?

Too bad you don't live anywhere near me we could hang out and jam haha

Old 2006-09-24, 00:12
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Yea man, add me to your msn (if you use it guitarenvy@hotmail.com)
I got a shitty webcam (as you might notice) and i use a program called winavi video capture. I can send you that if you want, and the sound is mixed in the computer while im playing it - guitar and mp3 track.

No i dont use my pinky, basically cause i dont need to. Some harder soloing i do use it though, just wipe the dust off every couple days hah.

Old 2006-09-24, 00:36
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Here

Heres just a lil like half clip of me playin a new song. I'll give your way a shot later on. Thats not a bad idea.

Btw i don't use msn. Like i said, it stinks haha. I use aim. Although i did used to do voice chat over msn and me and this guy used to jam out. I should try that again sometime on like yahoo or actually even aim.

Old 2006-09-24, 02:06
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

That was very good man

Old 2006-09-24, 02:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
That was very good man

haha thanks. I actually made my own music video> i think i'll post it tonight too.

It was before i moved here. Its funny as hell but it wasn't meant to be funny. Just ended up that way

Old 2006-09-24, 17:05
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

me and you seem like the only ones who actually post in here hah

Old 2006-09-24, 21:20
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
me and you seem like the only ones who actually post in here hah

I would imagine therei s probably a good majority of people who don't even know this thread exists haha.

Old 2006-09-25, 01:41
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

http://download.yousendit.com/528359CC58425A27

Can you guys take a listen to this little piece of music I started writing? Criticism is very welcome

Death "A Moment of Clarity"

Check out my band if you like \m/

Old 2006-09-25, 02:08
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

That was a really intresting post. Theres something about the guitar recordings that is just completely missing. The drums are definately over powering.

But i must say thats probably the best sounding drum samples i've ever heard.........

Want to share? haha. Nah good sound drums and the overall clip was pretty good, other than the guitars being a little too in the background. Might be fixed with volume and eq adjustments. But thats more of a guess than anything.

Old 2006-09-25, 02:32
Requiem
Post-whore

i just now figures out it existed

Man nice stuff that was badass. I look forward to some more shit and longer

Old 2006-09-25, 03:26
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KthalEhthrek

Can you guys take a listen to this little piece of music I started writing? Criticism is very welcome

that was very good
one thing i suggest is record your guitars in stereo, the mono sound ruins the awesome guitar you did. pan the two tracks 80% left 80% right and turn the volume up on them a bit

good shit

Old 2006-09-25, 03:53
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

Wow holy crap you guys really like this?

Hahahaha I just got told by some friends that it was Shitty music hahaha.

But yeah, I guess I need to figure out a better way to record the Guitar. Right now I'm using a Marshall 80 watt amp with the Overdrive channel with a cheapy Jackson Flying V. I put a 9 dollar Mic up to the Amp and put a sock over the Mic to help get rid of the buzzing.

Any better suggestions??

Oh and as for the Drums, they're pretty rad no? Har har har =D

Old 2006-09-25, 03:59
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Put a sock over it? What the fuck haha... Dude go buy a 57 on ebay..... Yeah i could tell the amps onthe guitar sounded a lil... not so high gain. Which actually made it intresting. I like less gain here and there.

What the hell were your friends thinking? Also what music do they listen to.. cause.,. yeah..

Old 2006-09-26, 00:33
Requiem
Post-whore

Whats a good mic to buy just for recording my self playing bass

Old 2006-09-26, 00:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Whats a good mic to buy just for recording my self playing bass

I tell you what, i've been doing direct in on bass forever and have heard almost nothing else. If you can't do that.. i would imagine.. an sm57 would probably be just fine.

What kind of rig you got? As far as the speakers go.

Old 2006-09-26, 16:28
Spengler
New Blood

Quote:

I like it, especially the first riff after the widdly intro. The drum samples sound prety cool. I agree with what people are saying aout the guitars needing to sound a bit more beefy though. I like recording 4 guitar tracks and having them 100% Left, 80%left, 80% Right, 100% Right. At least thats the best I've managed to get my recordings sounding, though they're a long way from perfect.

I've got my most recent recording here if anyone would check it out - Living With Disfigurement - Thief (Of Parts From Those Deceased)

I'm playing through a Line 6 Flextone 3 mic'ing up with an sm57 and also taking a bit of the direct out and putting them through a small mixing desk into Cubase. Bass is all done by DI.

Last edited by Spengler : 2006-09-26 at 19:36.

Old 2006-09-26, 17:01
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

With what program/samples did you make the drums?

Old 2006-09-26, 17:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler
I like it, especially the first riff after the widdly intro. The drum samples sound prety cool. I agree with what people are saying aout the guitars needing to sound a bit more beefy though. I like recording 4 guitar tracks and having them 100% Left, 80%left, 80% Right, 100% Right. At least thats the best I've managed to get my recordings sounding, though they're a long way from perfect.

I've got my most recent recording here if anyone would check it out - Living With Disfigurement - Thief (Of Parts From Thos Deceased)

I'm playing through a Line 6 Flextone 3 mic'ing up with an sm57 and also taking a bit of the direct out and putting them through a small mixing desk into Cubase. Bass is all done by DI.

Dude this is highly impressive in my opinion. You're my new best friend haha. I'm not the biggest fan of hte type of music, but the recording quality is where its at.

Sure it seems rougher than say .. a pro recording. But it definately is alot better than mine. Thats intresting that you say 100% and 80%. Thats a really good idea that i didn't even think of.

What kind of eqing do you generally do on your multiple tracks? I.E. does your 100% differ from your 80%?

When your miking your gear where do you generally put the mike? I.E. for instance i put mine about 2 inches from teh edge of the cone.

Whats your "main" guitars. I'm assuming the 80%

Also i'm guessing the drums are samples? If so what are you using to make them fruity loops? If also samples whered you get those samples. They're not too shabby.

Old 2006-09-26, 17:35
Spengler
New Blood

For EQing the guitars I peak it towards the top end and ease off a bit on the bass, that way I find the guitars are a little less muddy and it lets the bass guitar cut through a bit more.

With the 80% panned guitars I just use EQ, with the 100% I use EQ and compression. I find the compressed guitars to sound a little fizzy though so I have the 80% panned ones loudest and the 100% ones a bit quieter.

The drums are live, recorded round in a mates studio (garden shed) and everything else is done in my bedroom. I have used programmed drums for my other project Catabasis. Those were Drumkit From Hell samples being handled by Battery in Cubase. The drums sound quite nice but the production on the guitars lets it down, this was done a fair while ago and I've learned to be more patient with my mixing since then.

Old 2006-09-26, 17:42
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Dont know why you guys assumed they were sampled drums. They sound live to me, and very good recording quality on them too. I would have turned the guitars up a bit more on that song though. The song itself is pretty good too.

Old 2006-09-26, 17:46
Spengler
New Blood

Yeah, the guitars should go up a bit and I might lower some of the vocals yet. It's only a test mix really, need to record a few more fills and then do some bits and pieces for other songs before I mix the whole lot down properly.

Old 2006-09-26, 18:22
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Dont know why you guys assumed they were sampled drums. They sound live to me, and very good recording quality on them too. I would have turned the guitars up a bit more on that song though. The song itself is pretty good too.

Well i only assumed since most people don't have drumsets. But it sounds pretty damn real to me.

Old 2006-09-26, 22:38
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

CHeck out DoublebassMania, its an awesome site. What I did was order the cd, Use the .wav Samples of each Drum hit and make an Electronic Set using Pcdrummer. Its a rad way to get a realistic Sounding track.

How's this guys? I raised the level of the guitars and panned one to 80 on the left and the other to 80 on the right. Have a taste?

http://download.yousendit.com/C855ADD659778DC4

Old 2006-09-27, 22:02
AabieNe
New Blood

ai, i just uploaded my new song. its not quite ready, but hear by yourselves.
http://myspace.com/interzonereal - the song is named So On

Old 2006-09-28, 19:25
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
I tell you what, i've been doing direct in on bass forever and have heard almost nothing else. If you can't do that.. i would imagine.. an sm57 would probably be just fine.

What kind of rig you got? As far as the speakers go.

amp? just a crapy Fender Rumble 15

or computer speakers laptop so they are built in

Old 2006-09-28, 21:08
PowerFace
New Blood

damn, that's some good stuff!

Old 2006-09-29, 02:46
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
amp? just a crapy Fender Rumble 15

or computer speakers laptop so they are built in

yeah i was refering to the amps speaker.. Hmm Well yeah you could mike that cab with a 57 i would guess. I definately have not spent much time miking bass cabs or speakers. But i'm sure the same ideals would apply from guitar to bass. The best thing ever to do, is get some set up where you can hear what is going in to the mike real time, so then you can move the mike around until you find the sound you want.

Old 2006-09-29, 03:52
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Bass Line out is good too though, then you dont lose any super low frequencies.

Old 2006-09-29, 04:41
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Bass Line out is good too though, then you dont lose any super low frequencies.

Thats the only way i record bass.

Old 2006-09-29, 22:37
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

thats how i record guitar too...
well, until my basement studio is built next year.

Old 2006-09-30, 00:13
crayadas
New Blood

Ok heres my first recording just with a console connected to my mbox, pro tools and no compression or anything i still need to mic the toms because i dont have enough mics. i recorded the guitars using a v amp an ibanez rg370 stock pick ups ummm yeah take it easy on me its my first actual drum recording with lots of mics. and yeah everything was pretty much improve might make it an actual song some day. http://rapidshare.de/files/34927595...mptres.mp3.html

Last edited by crayadas : 2006-09-30 at 00:18.

Old 2006-09-30, 04:07
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

was kinda cool, but had no structure. Its was really just improv like you said. try panning your guitars more, they're sort of mono-sounding

Old 2006-09-30, 04:20
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I agree with you. It was a cool listen though. I could definately hear the toms in the background haha. But it sounded pretty solid.

Old 2006-09-30, 04:57
crayadas
New Blood

yeah thanx i had 2rythm guitars panned one pannned 100%left & the other panned 100%right the little solo improv thing was centered ya im still trying different forms

Old 2006-09-30, 21:19
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
ai, i just uploaded my new song. its not quite ready, but hear by yourselves.
http://myspace.com/interzonereal - the song is named So On

good shit

Old 2006-10-23, 00:39
Sythke21
Metalhead

since i cant play any necrophagist upto speed i decided to play their little classical remix at the end of only ashses remain.

called romeo and juliet on my dmusic site.

Old 2006-10-23, 01:08
Megadeth
Senior Metalhead

WOW your cover of crystal mountain was great other than a few weak parts,you definatley need to do vocals for this GOOD JOB

Old 2006-10-26, 00:27
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

W00t, try this. I'm going for Br00talz style Deth in Standard tunings.

http://download.yousendit.com/7AD5886F2B7DBC5E

Old 2006-10-26, 00:37
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Ehh.. The guitars are waaaaay distant sounding and had way too much low low lows. The drums were about 10x as loud as the guitars too.

As far as the riff goes, it seemed pretty intresting. I wouldn't mind seeing where it goes.

Old 2006-10-27, 04:14
Megadeth
Senior Metalhead

the guitar tone sounded pretty good and the drums were to loud but not 10 times....maybe 3....lol but other wise it was a cool intro,or whatever you would consider it.

Old 2006-11-23, 12:57
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Check out the link below to listen to my 7 songs I have home recorded. All are death metal songs that I am hoping to use for a demo CD after I get 2 more songs recorded.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=481840

I would love to get feedback from Death Metal fans as if they like the songs or not. I also wanted to post them so people can hear what you can do with some home recording equipment.

If anyone is interested in my home recording set-up please ask and I will post it. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Peter

Old 2006-12-10, 19:10
deathxleprosyx
Senior Metalhead
Banned

dude ur stuff is awesome what is ur recording setup

Old 2006-12-14, 03:06
Bloodsoaked666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathxleprosyx
dude ur stuff is awesome what is ur recording setup

Info on the recording:

4 guitar tracks 1 80% left, 1 80% right, 1 100% left , 1 100% right
1 bass track centered
1 drum machine track centered
1 main vocal track with some 2nd track fill-ins

The guitars are all done with my V-Amp Pro. 2 tracks with the Off-Axis Cabinet and 2 tracks with the Vintage 78 Cabinet. I also used the V-Amp Pro to record the bass track as well.

Any and all comments are more than welcome good and/or bad. Any questions please ask.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to listen and comment!!!

Peter

Old 2006-12-26, 07:42
Sythke21
Metalhead

Hey guys, did a cover of the hunter by iced earth and a cover of a song by the grindcore band Marchetoza, have a listen if u like

http://deathgore.dmusic.com/music/

Old 2006-12-26, 16:38
arvina
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsoaked666
Check out the link below to listen to my 7 songs I have home recorded. All are death metal songs that I am hoping to use for a demo CD after I get 2 more songs recorded.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=481840

I would love to get feedback from Death Metal fans as if they like the songs or not. I also wanted to post them so people can hear what you can do with some home recording equipment.

If anyone is interested in my home recording set-up please ask and I will post it. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Peter

even though he's not here...

bitchen dude! good sound and mix, and its a cool song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
nah man, nah, I had an itchy ballsack!

forget wall of marshalls look at this wall of engls!
http://www.engl-amps.com/pics/newsp..._stevemorse.jpg

www.tdiclub.com

Old 2006-12-27, 00:27
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Yeah i was wondering why he didn't post that in this thread. I had a listen to it before and it sounded (For death metal) to be fairly deciently recorded. I'm not a fan of death metal but i could see some of the "quality" with it. Some of his techniques he mentioned i attempted to adapt in some of my newer recording attempts and definately have brought up intresting results.

I always thought death used some sort of delay effect on their guitars (during entire songs) but now i realize its basically 2 guitars per channel playing the same thing and it sounding like that. I could definately achieve that.... intresting "tone" of Death when i recorded my stuff. At times it sounded good at others it wasn't for my style. (I did the 80% and 100% right and left guitars if you are wondering what mixing technique i'm talking about)

Old 2006-12-30, 01:51
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

not quite finished, I just sent this to my band mates so they could add their stuff to it.
Im a bassist, but its easier to just write the rythm guitar part
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 12.28.gp5 (9.4 KB, 119 views)

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-01-15, 23:18
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
not quite finished, I just sent this to my band mates so they could add their stuff to it.
Im a bassist, but its easier to just write the rythm guitar part

No one touch that file. It contains virus/malware. It just fucked my computer to hell.

Old 2007-01-15, 23:57
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
No one touch that file. It contains virus/malware. It just fucked my computer to hell.

Anybody who knows anythign about computers knows your stupid.

A virus can't be contained in a .gp5 file dumbass.

Old 2007-01-16, 00:04
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Anybody who knows anythign about computers knows your stupid.

A virus can't be contained in a .gp5 file dumbass.

We'll it fucked my computer up. What do you have to say about that?

Old 2007-01-16, 00:09
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
We'll it fucked my computer up. What do you have to say about that?

You were the same person asking about ports. Sounds like you don't know much about the internet or computers, especially safeguarding your pc. I've downloaded it at least twice now. sooo....

Old 2007-01-16, 00:10
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
You were the same person asking about ports. Sounds like you don't know much about the internet or computers, especially safeguarding your pc. I've downloaded it at least twice now. sooo....

Have you played it through?

Old 2007-01-16, 00:11
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Have you played it through?

Yes.

Old 2007-02-18, 10:27
Soeru
Post-whore

Quick Decapitated cover "Way to Salvation":

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23608

Forgive the atrocious guitar tone, and dropping my pick on 2 occasions. Yeah just playing around with my new Presonus Inspire thingy(Firewire recording interface). This was just my ancient Digitech RP1 multiFX going straight into the guitar input(can't fire up my Engl yet with no cab), it was recorded at 24bit/96khz with absolutely ZERO latency. I'm shocked. Praise the might of Firewire.

I was using Cool Edit Pro so I pieced it together quick and saved it to low quality(128k, 16 bit) cause I didn't figure out how to change the sample rate. Over the course of the next few days I'll sit down and learn how to use Cubase LE that this thing came with.

I couldn't figure out how to make the guitar pan to the center either, it just stuck to the left.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2007-02-18 at 10:30.

Old 2007-02-19, 22:41
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

Holy Shit, Another Spawn of Possession/Sleep Terror Bite off?

www.myspace.com/bereavedmetal

Yeap, its me and some buds.

get the ready

Old 2007-02-20, 01:41
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Old 2007-02-25, 17:46
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

short clip....need your opinion on the guitar sound...

http://www.file-upload.net/download...id0003.mp3.html

thanks already

Old 2007-02-25, 17:50
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvete
short clip....need your opinion on the guitar sound...

http://www.file-upload.net/download...id0003.mp3.html

thanks already

Not bad. Sounds a lil... middy. Direct in or recorded?

Old 2007-02-25, 18:49
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

middy?

:X

direct in...

Old 2007-03-13, 22:01
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

Heres my new riffing ... its under incomplete http://foreverburn.dmusic.com

Old 2007-03-29, 05:18
Grindchord
New Blood

I got these 4 songs up of my band. I am VERY interested to see what everyone here thinks of this, and any suggestions. These are rough mixes and yes, there is a bit too much limiting going on so it's far too compressed. Will get better......

Downfall

*White '76 RI Explorer
*Blue Ibanez RG520QS
*BYOC overdive, chorus
*MXR Phase 90, Blue Box
*SD Pickup Booster
*EB JR volume
*Marshall JCM800 2210 head
*Marshall JCM800 4x12 cab w/Vintage 30's
*Line 6 Spider II 30 1x12 practice amp

Old 2007-05-14, 12:04
Helvete
Senior Metalhead

recorded a song with my band...

www.myspace.com/inanexistence

Old 2007-05-24, 13:16
AabieNe
New Blood

Hi, folks

i´ve just finished my new song "Faust the Nihilist". you can hear it on
http://www.myspace.com/interzonereal
Please post your opinions!!!!
Homaz

Old 2007-05-25, 10:34
AabieNe
New Blood

Sorry, but i just uploaded a better version of the song with a special hidden track...its called "The Hidden". hear it on

Homaz
BEER

Old 2007-05-25, 10:54
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Sorry, but i just uploaded a better version of the song with a special hidden track...its called "The Hidden". hear it on

Homaz
BEER

Definitely thought it kicked ass. I knew it was gonna be pretty kick ass cause the stuff you make is pretty good.

Old 2007-05-25, 21:05
KthalEhthrek
Senior Metalhead

Hey LoL

Old 2007-06-25, 01:39
Requiem
Post-whore

The link has expired.

Old 2007-08-05, 20:45
berserker
New Blood

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=207607

The top 4 songs are the most recent and best sounding. Let me know what you think.

Old 2007-08-22, 05:14
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=207607

The top 4 songs are the most recent and best sounding. Let me know what you think.

Heard the first one,quite good actualy

Old 2007-08-22, 13:32
berserker
New Blood

thanks, I never got around to putting the solo in, but it'll go over that riff that is at 2:12.

Old 2007-11-24, 07:06
damonta
Senior Metalhead

here's my two songs. the second one is old, the singing sucks.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...endid=250125941

Old 2007-12-11, 12:58
RomeApart
New Blood

Hey guys. New forumer here. Here's my latest recording, a cover of Favorite Things.

Favorite Things
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getp...id=6045294&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getp...id=6045294&q=hi

Old 2008-04-15, 07:26
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2008-09-26, 01:48
ThongPick
New Blood

Here is a shitty quality recorded track on a shitty cassette recorder then recorded in my computer. anyway ..cannibal corpse blowtorch slaughter

http://www.uploading.com/files/2F70...ughter.mp3.html

Old 2008-10-23, 08:36
corroded
Post-whore

http://www.myspace.com/dimensionlost

Nuendo 3
Amplitube Metal
KeFIR
LM4 Mk-II + DFH (I know the drum sound is quite shitty)
Tansen RR-1
Dimarzio X2N (bridge)
Behringer UCG 102 USB Guitar interface

Old 2008-10-30, 19:17
Carbonized
Senior Metalhead

Anyone know how to achieve this tone? To me it's just about one of the heaviest I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKP...feature=related

It's Therion from their demo "Time Shall Tell", which was released way back in 1990.

To me it sounds like a typical "scooped mids" tone. What kind of amp, if any, would be suitable for that kind of tone?

Thanks!

Old 2008-11-18, 11:28
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

kinda sounds like muck to me...i don't think you'd wanna achieve THAT tone. Basically sounds like one of those preset distortions from like, that digitech rp series...but compleletly maxed out...

more importantly tho, here's my band's demo:
Fallen Legion
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2008-11-18, 14:51
Carbonized
Senior Metalhead

Hehe. Tone really is subjective, I guess. To me, that Therion tone is one of the heaviest tones I've ever heard. I know it's nothing special. I think it's just scooped mids and a guitar tuned down to C or something. But still... I find it very heavy.

Anyway, I checked out your song and although I'm not much into Black Metal and stuff like that, I liked it. The production is cool, too. Best of luck to ya!

Old 2010-12-21, 05:44
soularflair
New Blood

MESHUGGAH MEDLEY

Wasn't sure the best place to post this...
Anyhoo, this is a medley of 13 Meshuggah songs from multiple albums, joined together seamlessly, with me playing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcwvf8aUAc

Playing was recorded direct into my DAW via my Axe-Fx Ultra (levels and panning done later).
Meshuggah panned mostly left, me panned mostly right.

Guitar = Agile Interceptor Pro 730EB (Lundgren bridge and Sustainiac neck pickup, custom strings from Octave4Plus, tuned to low F).
Effects = Axe-Fx Ultra - 5 separate patches.
Floor controller = Keith Macmillan Instruments "Softstep".

Thordendal's "Sol Niger Within" is coming next...

Old 2011-10-09, 14:21
Snake666
New Blood

New Track

Listen to my new track! I would love to know your opinions, critics, etc
http://soundcloud.com/pabloxcornejo/compo-4

Old 2014-02-05, 10:37
AabieNe
New Blood

Hello again....long time no hear

After a long time i decided to record a new song by my own....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oi-I783J6U

like it, if you like it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brok...81577007?ref=hl