MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Power Tab Corner

Old 2006-05-06, 09:13
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Finale

I know this is the powertab thread but meh... it's not really living.. is it?

Anyway, Ive tried Guitar Pro and Powertab and I must say, Finale is just as good, but much more user-friendly in my opinion.

So im wondering whether anyone has it / uses it?

On music123 Finale 2006 costs $400! Shit! Thank God for downloading programs!

Old 2006-05-06, 14:39
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Hmm...I must try it sometime. The only non GP/PTB program I've used is Sibelius, but I found it wasn't really user friendly.

Old 2006-05-06, 14:47
Transient
HES BAAACK

i have tabit on here somewhere, never ran it though. i think its an old school power tab (like thats needed)

most musician programs are prohibitively expensive and trying to get stuff archved in finale would be a waste of time because no one will buy it and not everyone would download it

just my two cents, not trying to be a bastard

Old 2006-05-06, 19:45
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I really don't like Finale. It's really a pain in the ass, and not very practical unless you're writing out sheet music, and even then it can be a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2006-05-08, 13:14
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Really? I think its really easy... And yes transient, for transcribing it would be shit, but for compositions.... Its just real good to arrange shit in there and the drums are decent... You even got plugins like drum patches : fun for the whole family.

Just spreading the love.

Old 2006-05-24, 19:39
Otiz
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Really? I think its really easy... And yes transient, for transcribing it would be shit, but for compositions.... Its just real good to arrange shit in there and the drums are decent... You even got plugins like drum patches : fun for the whole family.

Just spreading the love.

But I think writing the notes down is fucking uncomfortable in Finale as opposed to GP or PT where I can just use my numpad fast and efficiently. Everything else about Finale is rather nice and I wish I could arse myself to use it.

Old 2006-05-25, 13:11
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Na man, you go to 'Fretted Instruments' when you set up a composition, there you can select:

Standard guitar TAB
Dropped D guitar TAB
D standard guitar TAB (But doesn't seem D to me??
7 string guitar TAB

and a range of Bass staffs in TAB including 6 string bass.

I certainly compose in tab, fuck proper music takes too long, and anyway, I feel I can get more creative in TAB.

Old 2006-05-25, 23:54
Otiz
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Na man, you go to 'Fretted Instruments' when you set up a composition, there you can select:

Standard guitar TAB
Dropped D guitar TAB
D standard guitar TAB (But doesn't seem D to me??
7 string guitar TAB

and a range of Bass staffs in TAB including 6 string bass.

I certainly compose in tab, fuck proper music takes too long, and anyway, I feel I can get more creative in TAB.

Did not know that, dude. Gotta download Finale again give it travel.

Old 2006-11-23, 00:40
((Nervous)) Texx
Metalhead

I love finale, i use it all the time with tabs, the tab is easy and the sheet music is easy as well once you get used to it. it is a little slow unless you use quick entry mode which is nice. maybe i am just biased because i have been writing in noteworthy and finale for 4-5 years now but i really like it, the sounds are about a thousand times better than general midi as well. it has some amazing features and transcribing is easy as hell, just go into mass edit mode (the dashed box at the top) then select some measures and right click, you can select any interval imaginable to transcribe, diatonic or chromatic. just be sure to download like finale 2006 instead of some LE version or something like that.

if we are all God's children, what makes Jesus so special?

i like metal

Old 2007-06-27, 09:59
Murcie
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((Nervous)) Texx
just be sure to download like finale 2006 instead of some LE version or something like that.

I tried Finale a few months ago, a friend of mine found it for me, version 2007, but with no crack, and I haven't found any working yet. Watching to the tutorial videos there where many features that in the program miss... May the reason for this be that it need to be unlocked? Or definitively it's not a full version? Sigh, I can't find it anywhere and I liked it so much, but incompete is...