MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2003-05-31, 02:44
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Someone might of mentioned this in the thread already, and answered it but this is a huge thread and i dont have time too read through it. but why arent there any solos on the new album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Old 2003-05-31, 03:13
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
i heard kirk or someone mention it in one of the videos, im not sure, because they want to keep it pure??

But the new vid is released, but i cant get it linked, fucking hotmail, drop dead.

Last edited by The Doctor : 2003-05-31 at 03:18.
Old 2003-05-31, 11:05
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There arent any solos because they probably felt the songs didnt need them. Personally, I feel that if a song doesnt need a solo the worst thing to do is include a solo. I think it even more strongly as no particular fan of Hammett.

Hotmail will never drop dead, Doctor.
Old 2003-05-31, 12:04
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by PST 88

Hotmail will never drop dead, Doctor.

yeah, rub it in
Old 2003-05-31, 14:12
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to artofnothing6 Send a message via Yahoo to artofnothing6
i donno, maybe i'm the only guy who doesn't dig the new shit. I don't care about the whole solo thing, but all the clips sound the same. It sounds nothing like ..and justice for all. I think the whole thing is crap. Jame's lyrics are crap, he said in one of the jits videos that they didn't try as hard as they used to when song writing. Yeah, maybe they should have. Those lyrics just suck ass.I know i won't be ordering it.
Old 2003-05-31, 14:40
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i saw the front artwork a couple of days ago and it's just the fist with a parental sticker, no logo
Old 2003-05-31, 15:02
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6
i donno, maybe i'm the only guy who doesn't dig the new shit. I don't care about the whole solo thing, but all the clips sound the same. It sounds nothing like ..and justice for all. I think the whole thing is crap. Jame's lyrics are crap, he said in one of the jits videos that they didn't try as hard as they used to when song writing. Yeah, maybe they should have. Those lyrics just suck ass.I know i won't be ordering it.

Actually I'd wager that around 60-70% of the online community doesn't like the new material so you're not in the minority.

I've seen every JITS vid as well as every Metclub vid and James never said they didn't try as hard. He's been quoted saying that they let the vibe control their writing, not a deadline or unnecessary pressure as it always was in the past. Oh and if you don't like the lyrics, which you have every right not to, at least point your finger at every member of the band excluding Rob. They all pitched in on this record, it wasn't a James solo lyrical affair this time.

Lastly, if you won't be ordering it, goodbye. Thanks for posting now get the fuck out with your repetitive, cliched, majority-following ass. No offense of course.
Old 2003-05-31, 16:25
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to artofnothing6 Send a message via Yahoo to artofnothing6
heyya slame, did you ever think that maybe its not cliched and repetitive? did you ever think that maybe we all just feel this way? its not like i'm going "oh, metallica is fucking shit" to be cool, no, i think its shit. And this would be just another record if it wasn't for metallica. But whatever, i guess you don't promote free speech, so i'll just wait till June 10th to hear how much you hate it.
Old 2003-05-31, 17:12
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6
. But whatever, i guess you don't promote free speech, so i'll just wait till June 10th to hear how much you hate it.

He's heard the new clips, and I'm pretty damn sure he's not gonna hate it. In fact, slayme has been the most supportive of metallica's new material on the boards.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.
Old 2003-05-31, 20:03
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Honesty can be cliched and repetitive, ya dumb fuck. Dont you know what words mean? If you dont, please dont use them. slayme didnt accuse you of saying anything because you wanted to be cool, he just informed you that you're not 'the only guy who doesnt dig the new shit,' that you're, in fact, in good company. That's not an insult unless you wanted to be alone in it. Then he chastised you for repeating what one can see anywhere on the web where these clips are being discussed, and what, in fact, you can read dozens of times in this thread. The only problem is that you dont add anything. Not everyone's opinion is worth hearing if many of them are the same. Notice how we dont have a thread asking everybody to weigh in on the Justin Timberlake. Do you know why? It'd get boring; everyone would say the same thing.

The fact is, whether or not you honestly believe it, you're repeating what's been said millions of times since any clips from this album have started surfacing. It's entirely unnecessary to say what someone else has already said, especially as that 'someone else' has almost certainly said it more persuasively and more eloquently. If we really wanted to hear every asinine opinions, slayme wouldnt have started this thread as he did. Dont be a cunt here just because you are everywhere else; here you have an opportunity to come off otherwise.
Old 2003-05-31, 20:17
warnerve92

I heard the new clip for 'All Within My Hands' last night, I think it is unreal. Definately my favourite so far.
Old 2003-06-02, 08:59
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

For those are you that are skeptical, curious, or just plain bored, tomorrow 11 websites will be hosting all 11 tracks from the St. Anger DVD PORTION in streaming format. These aren't the studio tracks, this is from the DVD live that's packaged with the CD.

Metallica.com has made it into a scavenger hunt of sorts, only giving clues to what websites, but most of the clues are fairly easy. Here they are:

Site 1:
- This company is the MVP of Maddeningly great sports video games

Site 2:
- Your Gates-way to the hottest new music and music news

Site 3:
- Where new music blasts off

Site 4:
- The sumo wrestler of websites

Site 5:
- Where music, movies, technology, contests and more are synthesized into something net. Oops, we mean something new.

Site 6:
- Highly toxic radio south of the border

Sire 7:
- Germanic Icon makers

Site 8:
- Same as the U.S. video game site, but Down Under

Site 9:
- Le ringtones et Le logos

Site 10:
- This magazine/site name rhymes with twang

Site 11:
- "." music

I'm not gonna be checking out the streams, I think we're too close to the date and no more spoilage for me but this is what I got so far.

1. EA Sports www.ea.com
2. Windowsmedia.com
3. Launch.com
4. Heavy.com
5. Synthesis.net
7. MTV Germany
8. EA Australia
10. Kerrang
11. Dotmusic www.dotmusic.com
Old 2003-06-02, 09:48
Supreme Metalhead

that's cool man, I'm not gonna spoil it for myself though......only a little over a week and it'll be available.

Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Old 2003-06-02, 09:55
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Same here.
Old 2003-06-02, 10:19
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I'm sure some of you have heard the rumors of St. Anger coming out 5 days early on the 5th and not the 10th, well, it's official. Fuckin A!

NEW RELEASE DATE FOR ST. ANGER | 06/02/2003 << GO BACK

Can't wait 8 more days till the release of St. Anger? Well neither can we!! The NEW St. Anger day is now 5 days early, Thursday June 5th, worldwide!! (Japan on June 6th) That's all you really wanted to know right? Good!! Here is the official press release (snooze fest) below:

METALLICA TO RELEASE MUCH ANTICIPATED ST. ANGER FIVE DAYS EARLY

New York, NY - Due to the unprecedented level of anticipation and the prevalence of sub-standard versions of Metallica's upcoming, St. Anger, already in circulation, Elektra Records has moved up the release date of the new album, from Tuesday, June 10, to Thursday, June 5.

Elektra and Metallica have taken this extraordinary measure to ensure that counterfeit copies of the band's first studio album in six years do not proliferate in the marketplace. Metallica unanimously approved the move, guaranteeing that fans get first crack at hearing the acclaimed disk the way the band intended: Loud and unadulterated.

A spokesperson for Elektra indicates that this is a rare exception to standard release policy for the label, pointing out that demand for the new Metallica album warrants every measure be undertaken to prevent unauthorized leaks of St. Anger. In the past year, superstar artists such as Eminem and 50 Cent have both moved up their respective release dates to stem illegal piracy. Metallica is the first rock band to move up a release to counter the spread of unauthorized copies. According to noted magazine's Spin and Blender, Metallica followers will be ecstatic to hear St. Anger the way the band intended. Says Spin: 'This is the album Metallica lifers have been waiting for: an inspired return to the complex savagery of old.' Blender raves: 'Once again their music is about bringing the carnage...whiplash time shifts and thrash guitar evoke prime Metallica.'

In other overtures to fans, Metallica has conjured up a slew of unique activities and promotions to celebrate the release of their 10th album, St. Anger.

The band has crafted a DVD Treasure Hunt for fans hungry for Metallica performances of new material. The first ever-online music promotion of its kind, the Treasure Hunt coincides with Metallica's recent announcement that they would be including a unique live performance DVD as an added component of the disk. The performance features the group playing all of St. Anger's songs live in 'shitty 5.1 sound.' Metallica's Treasure Hunt will include every track from the DVD, each streamed to a different site - not necessarily affiliated with music - so that fans will have to hunt for the rare performances themselves. Clues to finding the hidden 'treasures' will be made available on Metallica's website, www.Metallica.com. The DVD Treasure Hunt is set to kickoff on June 3.

The legendary group, who were recently named MTV Icons by the music channel with a special all-star tribute show broadcast on May 6, will also be providing a special digital access pass to every one who purchases the St. Anger CD, granting entry into a Metallica vault of unreleased live performances by the band. The promotion, hosted in conjunction with independent broadband provider Speakeasy, provides each record buying user with a unique access number contained in the CD packaging that entitles the purchaser to log on to www.Metallicavault.com, punch in their number and enter a digital vault filled with Metallica live gems.

The group recently offered a rare opportunity for fans to see Metallica play live in an intimate theatre setting in one of rock's most historic venues, San Francisco's famous Fillmore. Lucky members of Metallica's fan club won tickets to the once-in-a-lifetime free concert series, which took place to rave reviews on May 18, 19, 21 and 22. Metallica will kick off their much-anticipated Summer Sanitarium Tour in June, featuring Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Deftones and Mudvayne.

Yahoo.com has also named Metallica Launch Artist Of The Month for June. Yahoo's Artist Of The Month Page is accessed over two million times during the month, and will give Metallica fans an up-close glimpse of the band via unique and comprehensive content, including exclusive interviews, a complete video retrospective, and a rare, live, in-studio performance, among other features.

Metallica also staged an extremely rare performance while making the video for the first clip from their album, the title track from St. Anger. The group performed in front of inmates at San Quentin Prison, all part of an 18 hour shoot for the new clip, directed by the Molloy brothers ( Limp Bizkit, Foo Fighters, among others) and featuring the band in all their hellacious glory. Among the songs the band performed for the inmates were 'For Whom The Bell tolls,' 'Fade To Black,' and 'One.'
Old 2003-06-02, 12:11
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Dude, I'm going to check out the cd store tomorrow, they didn't have it in yet, I was supposed to get it on this friday (it would be available next tuesday since monday is a national fest day when the stores are closed)

so yeah, a week early here then, I hope they got it tomorrow, I need to have it heh.

Just watched Icon again, they didnt spoil too many words on cliff burton crap, that was kinda gay, plus most covers where lame ass... at least metallica still sounded good there, can't wait to see them live in 2 weeks
Old 2003-06-02, 12:27
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Sweet man, let us know if you get it!
Old 2003-06-02, 12:59
Supreme Metalhead

http://www.letargo.com.ar/stanger.htm

There are nice clips of every song and a few clips are over a minute and a half......once again I wish I could listen but I won't give in damn it!

Old 2003-06-02, 13:04
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I'm gonna have to pull a Barney Greenway on this

"I ABSTAIN!!!!"
Old 2003-06-02, 19:55
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

That is so wrong man, I was coming here to try and convince people to wait.

I've seen those links floating around and I refuse to click.