HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
I am re-reading "A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market"

"Similar to the newsletter scam, but with a slightly different
twist, is a story related to me by an acquaintance who described
his father's business and its sad demise. He claimed that
his father, years before, had run a large college-preparation service
in a South American country whose identity I've forgotten.

My friend's father advertised that he knew how to drastically
improve applicants' chances of getting into the elite national
university. Hinting at inside contacts and claiming knowledge
of the various forms, deadlines, and procedures, he charged an
exorbitant fee for his service, which he justified by offering a
money-back guarantee to students who were not accepted.

One day, the secret of his business model came to light. All
the material that prospective students had sent him over the
years was found unopened in a trash dump. Upon investigation
it turned out that he had simply been collecting the students'
money (or rather their parents' money) and doing nothing for
it. The trick was that his fees were so high and his marketing so
focused that only the children of affluent parents subscribed to
his service, and almost all of them were admitted to the university
anyway. He refunded the fees of those few who were not
admitted. He was also sent to prison for his efforts."

hahahaha , cheeky!

Old 2006-06-23, 20:21
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

I don't read much.
I've read Ecco's books,a few by Stephen King and two by Lovecraft.
I started reading Eyeless In Gaza by A.Huxley today,
it's very good.

Old 2006-06-23, 20:35
JOAMdude
Post-whore

I read Salems Lot and Dreamcatcher, Both disappointingly unscary.

I read catcher in the rye and that sucked

can anyone recommend some scary books

Old 2006-06-24, 06:40
Amadeus
Quantum.

Yes, I know two by a Swedish author; just keep an eye on this thread and I'll check out wether they have been translated, and not least of all, what this superb writer's name is.

And thank you for tip on that one, FBS, I'll have a go at it.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2006-06-24, 10:46
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
one night he woke up in bed with a girl from the night before who he couldn't remember, and decided to reward her for staying by trying to have anal sex for the first time in his life, so he just got it up and inserted, thrusted a few times, then suddenly realized that this was not a girl but rather a long-haired guy, so he got up and made breakfast.

Now that's a reason to cut your hair!

Old 2006-06-24, 14:38
Transient
HES BAAACK

i read about fifty pages of a very interesting book called Before the Dawn (moar than just a good late-night judas priest song!) it was about humanity, the development of race, genes, and it had a very intersting chapter about languages.

anyone have any recommendations for similar books? this is pretty much what id like to study with my life, but i dont know where to start.

Old 2006-06-24, 15:01
Amadeus
Quantum.

Maybe in a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude

OK, I don't know if they have been translated into English yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they will be soon. I'm talking about something so rarely seen as Swedish horror literature, and good one at that. Really good. John Ajvide Lindqvist is the author's name and his books "The handling of undead" [Directly translated] and "Let the right one enter in" [Dito] combine something extremely unusual, that is, zombies, vampires and originality. Most of you here will balk a bit (alright - a lot) at one of the main characters, but even she's got something most of her kind doesn't have, namely credibility.
It's also a quite insightful depiction of the Swedish society and mentality, but much of it is appliable on most people in the world. If you can get your hands on them, do. As with all those really good books, you don't even have to be a genre fan.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

Old 2006-06-25, 02:04
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Bewb magazines

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2006-06-29, 18:46
forty-six_and_2
New Blood

Eerie Queerie

Old 2006-06-29, 19:08
Djeez
Senior Metalhead

I'm reading Hell House by Richard Matheson.It's about 4 people getting into the so-called most haunted house in the world, and they have to find what haunts it, or prove that it is not haunted.Pretty crazy shit.

Old 2006-06-30, 16:42
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I just bought "Dispatch" by Bentley Little....haven't read much horror at all, so hopefully I enjoy this even moreso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-06-30, 18:44
MegaBassPlayer
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Heart-Hate
Im currently reading "Heavy Metal, Sound of the Beast"
by, Ian Christe
its basically the entire history of metal all the way from the 60's to now.

is the book good? i had thoughts of getting it

Old 2006-07-01, 02:34
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

I just finished reading this book called The Life and Religion of Mihommad. It's a book written by this priest who was a missionary to Arabia in the early 1900's. Its really interesting but some of it is really biased simply because a christian minister is writing about the origin of a religion he doenst believe in. Its a good book though if you're intersted in learing about Islam and Mohammed (i think i'm spelling that wrong I dont know.)

I also finished this book like a month ago that was super kick ass. It was call The Three Kingdoms or The Romance of the Thre Kingdoms depending on the translation you get. It's basically like the Odessy or the Iliad of ancient China. Any one who has ever played the video games Dynasty Warriors or Romance of the Three Kingdoms will recognize that those games are loosely based off the book.

Edit: Sound of the beast is really interesting about half way through but when it gets to about 1990 its like the author just quit trying. it gets really boring and repetitive. Its worth a read though if youre bored and you just want to chill, listen to Metal, and read somethig that doesnt take too much concentration.

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Last edited by briyo2289 : 2006-07-01 at 02:38.

Old 2006-07-01, 06:55
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

The Three Kingdoms sounds like it'd be interesting. Right now I'm reading Agatha Christie's "Curtain", Hercule Poirot of course. Really good so far. I think I might re-read some of her other Poirot stuff, because I read them when I was like 11-12, so a) I forgot everything b) I wasn't great at paying attention at that age.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2006-07-01, 11:37
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAMdude
I read Salems Lot and Dreamcatcher, Both disappointingly unscary.

I read catcher in the rye and that sucked

The Bible

...cause people believe/follow it.

Old 2006-07-01, 13:49
MegaBassPlayer
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
The Bible

, i hate religion

Old 2006-07-01, 16:06
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
The Bible

People who take that shit as literal should be crucified.

Back on topic, I've been reading many short essays for philosophy that are real interesting. Two of my favorite articles cover the morality of war and if it can even be judged morally. The other one was about the western worlds obligation to starving countries in Africa. The author draws an analogy between starving countries and wounded soldiers in vietnam (3 categories). In the first, there are the soldiers who will probably survive without seeing a doctor. In the second are those that will only live if they see a doctor, and in the third are those that even if they see a doctor will probably die. We should only help the countries in the 2nd category.

Philosophy is the shit, but I also have a strange obsession with biology, more specifically, genetics. I think I found my new major, in BIOETHICS NIGGA!

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-07-25, 08:37
low-tech
Post-whore

the black death

letters written in 13th-14th century about the plague

divided into sections

spread of the plague

religiuos explainations

scientific explainations

consequences and repercussions

this book is a real eye opener. all authentic literature from priests,nobles, kings, people who held political posts,poets etc. all very pessimistic.

i want to share a poem written in anonymously from the 14th century. its a llittle long but its good

<<<See how England mourns, drenched in tears. The people,stained by sin, quake with grief. Plague is killing men and beasts. Why? Because vice rules unchallenged here

Alas! The whole world is now given over to spite. Where can a kind heart be found among the people? No one thinks on the crucified Christ, and therefore people perish as a token of vengence.

Peace and patience are thoroughly plundered; love and justice are not at home. Men cuddle up to errors and vice; children die for the sin of thier fathers.

The sloth of the sheperds leaves the flock straying. The trusting are tricked by the cunning of traders; fraud and avarice go hand in hand like sisters; the poor suffer thru the depravity of the rich

Nourished by simony, *Simon Magus flourishes* The balance is crooked,truth has departed; the flock in Christ is scattered, the wolf rages; and plague is poured out, engulfing the lambs.

Rulers are moved by favour not wisdom; power thrusts the unworthy into jobs; the mercy of kings is governed by favourites; patrons are swayed by love and lucre.

The brave warriors of Christ has retreated; the satellites of Satan have overturned the temple. they have lost the wounded and sickly sheeps. Cuckoos intrude into the monastic nest.

Noble fathers once put the plague to flight and the firm in faith had healed the sick. Their holy fire shone as a bright example and by thier praiseworthy deeds they showed themselves soldiers of Christ

Such men dressed in rough garmets, but few do so these days; instead they wear soft fabrics. They were distinguished by moral excellence, but the youth of today are learned only in squalid rites.

Alas rectors and vicars, have changes thier ways, they're hirelings now. not true sheperds, and thier works are motivated by the desire for money. Such workers deserve to come to grief.

Such men prefer furs to hair shirts; they stuff thier bellies with dainties and then abandon themselves to limitless depravity. Buttressed by riches, they are contrary to right.

While chapels are lavishly rebuilt the Church- The bride of Christ -is striped naked. Untended, the vine is blighted by sin, and userers dig it up like rooting pigs.

The priests of god are unchaste; thier deeds not matching thier name. They should be teaching and administering the sacrements, but they behave in way inappropriate to the order.

Thier names should be written with blood in heaven, but are to be read instead in the records of this world. Old sins should be purged with fire, but thiers wiegh them down and now rule them.

Alas! love and charity has grown cold in kingdoms. It is spite and harshness which blaze upon the people. Truth and faith are lukewarm in laymen and clerics alike. Nobility and renown are asleep in this realm.

Women are no longer bound by the restraints of thier sex, the subtlety of merchants shifts into fraud; the guile of brothers turns the world topsy-turvy. Man, if truth now reigns in you, rejoice.
>>>

that deffinately isnt worth the time it took typing. enjoy

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-07-25 at 08:45.

Old 2006-07-25, 21:24
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

The Alphabet of Manliness. By Maddox.

Go read it now.

Old 2006-07-30, 00:47
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

HISTORY!!!!!! mostly American. Iced Earth would be proud of me.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-07-30, 00:50
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
the black death

letters written in 13th-14th century about the plague

divided into sections

spread of the plague

religiuos explainations

scientific explainations

consequences and repercussions

Is it true that the decendants of people who survived the black death (i.e. contracted the disease but had the immune system to fight it off) are immune to AIDS? Its not a random question I remember reading it in some book about the black death, maybe that one.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-07-30, 01:35
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Is it true that the decendants of people who survived the black death (i.e. contracted the disease but had the immune system to fight it off) are immune to AIDS? Its not a random question I remember reading it in some book about the black death, maybe that one.

no, but whats strange is that children born by people who survived had less teeth, i forget the approximate number and what kind of teeth but this was noted in alot of accounts for that period. survivors usually had contact with the disease in a small amount that vaccinated them as the pestilence was airborn. the people with less teeth were genetically dominate and so in subsequent generations everyone in europe,africa and asia were born this way

not native americans,mind you, full blooded natives have more teeth. wierd huh?

edit: actually you may be on to something

Quote:
A theory put forth by Stephen O'Brien says the Black Death is likely responsible, through natural selection, for the high frequency of the CCR5-D32 genetic defect in people of European descent. The gene affects T cell function and provides protection against plague, smallpox, and HIV.[

thats off wikipedia

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-07-30 at 02:04.

Old 2006-07-30, 02:12
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Wow, that is a pretty sweet collection of get-out-of-jail-free cards right there. Reading kicks ass.

Old 2006-07-30, 02:14
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Right now I'm reading 'If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor' (Bruce Campbell autobiography) It's actually very good.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-07-30, 02:57
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Whats that book you were talking about? '1984' or something?

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-07-30, 03:04
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Yeah I finished that a while back. Damn that was good.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-07-30, 03:06
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Do you still have it? Or where you borrowing it from someone?

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-07-30, 03:07
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Borrowing but it's still in my possession. I could probobaly lend you it.

Priceless!

Old 2006-07-30, 18:01
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

my girlfriend turned me on to this guy named david sedaris. he writes stories about his life, puts a bunch together, and makes them a book. the stories are fucking hilarious.

Old 2006-07-30, 19:00
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
my girlfriend turned me on to this guy named david sedaris. he writes stories about his life, puts a bunch together, and makes them a book. the stories are fucking hilarious.

fuckin queer. he wrote the santa land diaries, and were those were pretty entertaining. i purchased a book after hearing that shit on NPR and it was nothing but gay erotica literature.

Old 2006-07-30, 20:14
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

Quote:
fuckin queer. he wrote the santa land diaries, and were those were pretty entertaining. i purchased a book after hearing that shit on NPR and it was nothing but gay erotica literature.

then you sir are reading something other than what i read, i read me talk pretty one day, and am going to move on to "dress your family in courderoy and denim" when my g/f is done.

Old 2006-07-31, 03:06
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I've never seen Sedaris associated with gay erotica. You sure it's the same guy?

Old 2006-07-31, 05:51
briyo2289
Senior Metalhead

I finished "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Keasey a week or so ago. Right now I'm about halfway through "On the Road" by Jack Kerauc. I would reccomend both of them.

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light guage if I'm gonna thrash." - Master Shake

Death, Megadeth, Testament, Ozzy, Exodus, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Annihilator, Pantera, GWAR, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Anthrax, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Kreator, Hammerfall, Nevermore.

RIP DimeBag
RIP Syd Barrett

Old 2006-07-31, 06:13
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
Confessions of a B Movie Actor' (Bruce Campbell autobiography)

Ahahaha
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-07-31, 17:46
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by briyo2289
I finished "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Keasey a week or so ago. Right now I'm about halfway through "On the Road" by Jack Kerauc. I would reccomend both of them.

read the electric koolaid acid test.

i'm 300 pages into Atlas Shrugged and hopin to finish this behemoth by the end of summer, God willing

Old 2006-07-31, 18:07
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Read Sometimes a Great Notion if you like Kesey.

You can skim through most of Atlas Shrugged. Pointless, repetitive screed in seven-page chunks masquerading as dialogue. It's really humorous when the screed is aesthetic and she's regurgitating Aristotle's bit about necessity (i.e. anything that doesn't absolutely need to be there disfigures the work as a whole) in massive, unnecessary speeches.

Old 2006-07-31, 18:22
low-tech
Post-whore

electric coolaid acid test is a tom wolfe book about kesey and the merry pranksters. i fucking hate that book. its a good story to write a book about, but it was totally botched with this whole hipster slang/pretentious bullshit.

i never read anything by tom wolfe after that and my impression of him is that of the baby-boomer hippy-straight-to-yuppie phenomenon.

friend of mine saw kesey speak at some college. total bummer

Old 2006-07-31, 19:04
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Quote:
Read Sometimes a Great Notion if you like Kesey.

You can skim through most of Atlas Shrugged. Pointless, repetitive screed in seven-page chunks masquerading as dialogue. It's really humorous when the screed is aesthetic and she's regurgitating Aristotle's bit about necessity (i.e. anything that doesn't absolutely need to be there disfigures the work as a whole) in massive, unnecessary speeches.

i can totally see that. so far, it has been "why should i give to charity?" and "fuck you all, i work for me." however, the story is good and i think it would good for me to buckle down and concentrate enough on one story to get through 1000+ pages.

on the tom wolfe note, that guy is a crack head. i saw him on Bill Mahr and he couldn't make a grammatically correct sentence. He is the epitome of successful burn out, and there aren't many of em. Total whack job, but i enjoy anything involving kesey/jerry garcia. there are 2 cool dudes.

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2006-07-31 at 19:06.

Old 2006-08-01, 16:34
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Like I said, just skim through the speeches. And watch out for the one near the end, when John Galt takes over the radio station. Depending on your copy, that speech is either a measly 60+ pages or an incredible 90+ of rebarbative, repetitive, self-righteous drivel.

Tom Wolfe has some good qualities. The fact that he continually tries to inject his books with 'current' slang to make them hip is not one of them. As far as I'm concerned, at least with Great Notion, Kesey's a better writer anyway. When he came back to it after trying to make a 'novel out of life' or whatever, well, he's less good.

Thomas Wolfe, on the other hand, can suck a dick.

Old 2006-08-01, 16:39
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Must have skipped this thread. I'm fascinated in criminal psychology. I have hundreds of books about the subject. My Dad also had a lot of these books (as he studied it), so it was easy to obtain a slight knowledge and understanding. Which obviously lead to an interest. I also read fictional crime books.

Also a big fan of Terry Pratchett.

Old 2006-08-01, 16:54
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Must have skipped this thread. I'm fascinated in criminal psychology. I have hundreds of books about the subject. My Dad also had a lot of these books (as he studied it), so it was easy to obtain a slight knowledge and understanding. Which obviously lead to an interest. I also read fictional crime books.

Also a big fan of Terry Pratchett.

I have to ask, who is your favorite (favorite as in most interesting/original, not someone to look up to, haha) serial killer? They are usually the most interesting topic in criminal psychology.

Old 2006-08-01, 17:04
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Richard Trenton Chase was always a weird one to comprehend. He killed puppies and people, took their blood and brains home, and put them in a blender. He thought his blood was turning to powder and needed more to replenish his diminishing supply. Herb Mullin is another good one - he killed people in California to save them from earthquakes. Startling motive. Albert Fish, and Edmund Kemper are interesting subjects too.

I'm not too interested in ones like Gacy, Bundy, Ramirez, etc. They're just sexually driven psychopaths that were incredibly lucky to kill as many as they did.

Old 2006-08-01, 17:09
Amadeus
Quantum.

Finally, there is one more Pratchett fan here after all.

Say, Hannibal - when talking fiction - is a pretty interesting character.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2006-08-01, 17:13
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Indeed. Based loosely around Albert Fish's deeds.

Old 2006-08-01, 17:15
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I just finished Lords of Chaos about a week ago. But other than that I read Anne Rice, Stephen King (Dark Tower mostly), and even those Resident Evil books.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2006-08-01, 17:17
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Richard Trenton Chase was always a weird one to comprehend. He killed puppies and people, took their blood and brains home, and put them in a blender. He thought his blood was turning to powder and needed more to replenish his diminishing supply. Herb Mullin is another good one - he killed people in California to save them from earthquakes. Startling motive. Albert Fish, and Edmund Kemper are interesting subjects too.

I'm not too interested in ones like Gacy, Bundy, Ramirez, etc. They're just sexually driven psychopaths that were incredibly lucky to kill as many as they did.
Are you talking about the A-Z Encyclopedia of Serial Killers? I've read that at least 20 times. Albert Fish, Edmund Kemper, Henry Lee Lucas were very fucked up guys. Very nice book.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2006-08-01, 17:19
Amadeus
Quantum.

Tell me, exactly what about these types is it that fascinate you?

- Carl Sagan

Old 2006-08-01, 17:30
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Well, what fascinates ME about them is they did acts that are very taboo even when it came to just killing someone. Albert Fish strangles a young girl, chopped up her body, and made a stew of her meat. Edmund Kemper cut off his mother's head and had sex with her body. And Henry Lee Lucas, even though he was probably a liar, tried cannibalism as well sex with dead animals. What fascinates me is the fact that I have trouble even thinking of killing someone, let alone eating or having sex with the body. It's entertaining in the sense that I sould never be able to do such a thing.

Old 2006-08-01, 17:36
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
Are you talking about the A-Z Encyclopedia of Serial Killers? I've read that at least 20 times. Albert Fish, Edmund Kemper, Henry Lee Lucas were very fucked up guys. Very nice book.

No. Borrowed that from a friend though. I wasn't talking about anything, just listing a few cases I thought were interesting.

Henry Lee Lucas was INDEED very fucked up.

Old 2006-08-01, 17:36
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Yeah, just go to wikipedia, type in serial killers, and you will have no shortage of fascinating material. One of my favorites would have to be the ultimate momma's boy, Ed Gein. Not only did he manage to have a jury classify him as insane, which is a very rare occasion in gory murder cases, much less a case with numerous gory murders, he has had a bunch of metal songs dedicated to him! "Dead Skin Mask" most notably.

Old 2006-08-01, 18:01
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Yeah, just go to wikipedia, type in serial killers, and you will have no shortage of fascinating material. One of my favorites would have to be the ultimate momma's boy, Ed Gein. Not only did he manage to have a jury classify him as insane, which is a very rare occasion in gory murder cases, much less a case with numerous gory murders, he has had a bunch of metal songs dedicated to him! "Dead Skin Mask" most notably.

Good ole Slayer. I love Dead Skin Mask..as well as the Dahmer reference in "213".

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-01, 18:04
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

213, that was Dahmer's apartment number wasn't it?

Old 2006-08-01, 18:34
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Yes.

Old 2006-08-01, 18:42
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

My apartment number is 302..gR1m.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-01, 20:07
Amadeus
Quantum.

You lost me on that one.
But hey, if I tell you that I live in a seventh flat of a seventh floor, do I get any gr1m-points for that?

Studying serial killers is well worth the effort, just don't let it get on top of you.

- Carl Sagan

Old 2006-08-01, 20:33
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

The A-Z Encyclopedia of Serial Killers is good. I almost read the entire thing in toliet sessions. My Life Among The Serial Killers is pretty good, too.

Right now I'm in the middle of Ulysses and The Middle Mind. Ulysses is ripping me a new one.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-02, 06:29
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

haha, what a coincidence- I was just checking out pythagoreans earlier and their belief in transmigration. How is Ulysses?

I'm reading walden presently. And i must say, i'm really enjoying it.
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.

Last edited by IlikeRiffseveryone : 2006-08-03 at 16:08.

Old 2006-08-02, 11:50
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

just read this "He would stuff cotton balls soaked with lighter fluid into his rectum and set fire to them." about Albert Fish.
Asses on fire haha

Old 2006-08-02, 20:13
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Its not funny, his ass is on fire.

Its good. I just don't think I've ever said "God dammit" so many times in my life. I don't even want to think about Finnegan's Wake
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-02, 20:29
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

my favorite serial killer is gacy, by far. what a fuckin disturbed human being that fucker is...........*stares at the cover of "when the kite string pops". albert fish is really interesting, but check out this weird fuck...

http://www.voltini.com/id43.htm

Old 2006-08-03, 16:10
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah, i know what you mean. I'm starting paradise lost after this.
But from already noodling around abit in the first book, it looks like its going to be one hell of an epic. *har har har*
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.

Last edited by IlikeRiffseveryone : 2006-08-03 at 16:23.

Old 2006-08-03, 16:37
Ludd
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Darko - Its not funny, his ass is on fire.

Paraplegic, inhuman liar?

Old 2006-08-03, 19:30
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
but check out this weird fuck...

http://www.voltini.com/id43.htm

Ha, woah.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-04, 00:28
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludd
Paraplegic, inhuman liar?

Don't you FUCKING quote me!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-08-10, 16:45
Anarchos Mortis
Metalhead

Im a nerd. I read all the DnD books....like the Forgotten Realms books by RA Salvatore, etc.

Also enjoy Norse Mythos

Die for Honor, Die for Glory, Death in Fire.

Old 2006-08-16, 18:29
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Hmm...I've got a variety of books to choose from, which one should I read first?

Star Maker - Olaf Stapledon
Last and First Men - " "
At the Mountains of Madness and Other Tales of Terror - H.P. Lovecraft

I'm thinking Star Maker.

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2006-08-16 at 18:32.

Old 2006-08-16, 18:32
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Peter Benchly, Micheal Chrichton, pappillon, suskind, de sade, various dutch writers.

world literature i guess, not a specific genre

Old 2006-08-16, 19:29
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchos Mortis
Im a nerd. I read all the DnD books....like the Forgotten Realms books by RA Salvatore, etc.

Also enjoy Norse Mythos

ive read some of those drizzit du'urden books years ago. that dude get laid yet? seriously, its hard to follow a story when the lead character is a 500 year old virgin. last book i read<long time ago, dont know the name> he like flirts with the barbarian dudes bitch, thats it. RA is just holding the black elf man down.

think about it. this dude kills about 1000 people,creatures,monsters each book, not one lay, not even a 2 dollar handjob at a whorehouse. what the fuck does that tell you about someone? he doesnt even drink booze!?!?! man. even as a kid i thought this was odd. the dragonlance book had no problem with "getting it on", and you know its all about humans fucking elf bitches anyway.

im glad i just passed on this whole genre years ago.

once in Oakland, california about 5 years ago i was going to a soup kitchen<this is a regular ritual for the low-tech, where ever i live i attend soups on occasion> i see a middle aged black dude who i presumed got fresh off the streets and possibly a drug habit. on some program in a shelter and he had fucking, i believe "the halflings gem" if that was the title<2nd book first series>, he was reading a fucking RA slavatore DandD book!!! i was just like what the fuck??? not only that but he was reading it in PUBLIC totally not embarrassed, almost oblivious that its totally lame.

i was in denial i even knew about D and D for years after i stopped, i mean, the shit is fucking kryptonite to chicks, its one of the most unspoken about but effective forms of birth control ever. most people stop in a quest to get laid and start having girlfriends and shit around high school. its either one or the other but rarely both.

i still know hardcore gamers, i got a chance to look at all the 3rd addition ADD books from a friend who is an accountant. i even tried a game at 20 just to see if its even fun like it was in 8th grade,i just cant do it man. i always made a thief guy who steals dumb shit, thats it.

Old 2006-08-16, 20:43
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
ive read some of those drizzit du'urden books years ago. that dude get laid yet? seriously, its hard to follow a story when the lead character is a 500 year old virgin. last book i read<long time ago, dont know the name> he like flirts with the barbarian dudes bitch, thats it. RA is just holding the black elf man down.

lol, I have the 3-in-1 book set of the Icewind Dale Trilogy. I read about 150 pages and gave up. That shit is too fucking lame has no depth.

Try reading "A Game of Thrones" by George R R Martin...so fucking good. Ask KevC.(which reminds me...I still haven't started the sequel..godamn)

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-16, 20:56
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Just read Knulp
and almost finished Demian,by Hesse

Old 2006-08-16, 21:05
low-tech
Post-whore

i dont know if i can get into any of those books now, d and d is a better premise for video games anyway, i still dont even play those. i like tetris when it comes to games, not something that comes with a 300 page instruction manual and will now absord/waste years of my life.

when i did read that stuff i like the eliminster<the mage dude>books, the author didnt even pretend to pander to children. i forget the authors name but he was the dude who created the whole forgotten realms world or whatever

eliminster was an apprentice to a magic user, dominatrix,nazi bitch once, he thought she was hot,wanted to get down with her<he may of actually fucked her, but maybe it was hinted upon>, but the bitch was kinda crazy and he had to get the fuck out of the situation. that was kind of cool. the stuff can be interesting it just never is and i cant read a book id be embarrassed to have on the shelf.

edit:eliminster made love to an immortal elf bitch for some treasure too, in another book, not that it all has to be dirty to be good but it shows a common appeal to real people, most of the eliminster books isnt even going for the "slay 8 billions monsters and validatea simplified sence of good over evil" format

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-08-16 at 21:18.

Old 2006-08-16, 22:57
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Well, "A Game of Thrones" doesn't even really seem like fantasy once so ever. The chracters are very 3-Dimensional and the chapters are told from the perspective of about six of the main characters.

There isn't even any talk of magic, in the first book at least.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/05...2336718?ie=UTF8

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-16, 23:34
low-tech
Post-whore

seems interesting, if i run by any books from the author i may check it out. im an on/off bookreader so whatever really gets me hooked,which is usually random,gets read.

the black plague book kinda ran out of steam, but its literally just translated documentation from that era on those years, the first chapters are amazing. most of it is members of the clergy literally bitching about dumb stuff as being the cause.

Old 2006-08-17, 00:08
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
seems interesting, if i run by any books from the author i may check it out. im an on/off bookreader so whatever really gets me hooked,which is usually random,gets read.

That is the same with me man. I polished off that book within a couple of weeks, for a guy that rarely reads...I read a damn lot.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-08-17, 02:24
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
That is the same with me man. I polished off that book within a couple of weeks, for a guy that rarely reads...I read a damn lot.

yeah, books are like movies, its not the genre so much as the quality. but quality is not just one easily to identify thing, there are many different examples of "quality" many qualities.<im not sure if this is even making sense>

that which makes a good book is elusive, that all

Old 2006-08-17, 02:55
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth

Yep, it's the same with me as well. Once I get into a good book I just can't put it down.

Old 2006-08-17, 03:17
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Yep, it's the same with me as well. Once I get into a good book I just can't put it down.

Ha, for a second there I thought you said THE good book.

Old 2006-08-17, 03:26
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Preach it Brother!

Old 2006-08-18, 05:25
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

I decided to start off with Star Maker. My oh my...what an amazing read. This is shaping up to be the best sci-fi novel I've ever read, and I'm only up to the fourth chapter.

Old 2007-01-09, 02:36
Pr0az
Post-whore

Been reading some short stories/poems by the great Poe.

Old 2007-01-09, 02:54
low-tech
Post-whore

i just obtained a big collection of Poe

alot of his wierd science fiction is in there.

read Kitchen Confidential

real good book, about a 2 star chef in new york

Old 2007-01-13, 04:59
JAMF
Senior Metalhead

I read Shaun Hutson, Clive Barker, Stephen King.

Old 2007-01-13, 18:24
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Just picked up the new Pynchon novel, which is exciting, but I won't have time for it for a while, and it'll demand a lot.

A Game of Thrones actually sounds interesting. Might check that out.

Old 2007-01-13, 20:44
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
A Game of Thrones actually sounds interesting. Might check that out.

You really should. haha, godamnit..I still haven't read the sequel to it.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-13, 20:49
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Will you read it to me as I lay my head in your lap?

Old 2007-01-13, 20:51
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

that kinda reminds me of De Sade's 120 days of Sodom i just started reading for the second time

Old 2007-01-13, 20:57
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I didn't ask him to disembowel me and masturbate over my entrails before burning them in front of my eyes.

Old 2007-01-13, 22:58
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I'm reading "a farwell to arms" by ernest "nigga got shot" hemmingway. The story is pretty well written and involves a lot of alcohol consumption + sexy nurses.

Old 2007-01-13, 23:00
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
I didn't ask him to disembowel me and masturbate over my entrails before burning them in front of my eyes.

giving a canadian half a blowjob comes pretty close

Old 2007-01-14, 00:11
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
giving a canadian half a blowjob comes pretty close

Read it to you? You mean sip Australian wine while listening to the audio book?

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-14, 00:58
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i'm reading the biology of spiders by rainer foelix who has been studying spiders since 1968, though it doesn't say hes a dr. but he is now the director of the natural history museum in aargau, switzerland.

Old 2007-01-14, 13:46
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I've been reading Danzig lyrics lately myself. I've read nearly every book I own twice already and I feel like I should be able to know just what Glen is actually trying to say when I hear him singing. He is a pretty good song writer really.

Old 2007-01-14, 17:26
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Half a blowjob isn't laying your head in somebody's, even a Canadian's, lap (if it were every time you've ever let somebody sit in your lap would almost be sex, but it isn't). Half a blowjob is when a Dutch woman sucks off an American tourist but makes him pull out before cumming, but stupidly letting him blow his load in such a way that some of it slip into her pussy, with one intrepid semen making his way all the way to an egg and empregnating her and generating the germ from which a denim-wearing, Motorhead-listening, lame-joke-making troll might grow.

But if it's not being read in BB's voice I don't want to do anything even vaguely homoerotic.

Great writing like 'the dirt's gonna be your dessert my cum be your life source and the only way to get it is to suck or fuck or be poor and devoid and masturbate me, masturbate me then slurp it from your palm,' or like 'lost my soul deep inside and it's all black and cold deep inside'? I'm not sure we'd accept these if he didn't have the voice he has.

Old 2007-01-14, 17:39
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

I've been reading some Stephen King lately. Right now I'm reading "Four Past Midnight". He writes damn good books, that guy.

Old 2007-01-14, 19:40
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Great writing like 'the dirt's gonna be your dessert my cum be your life source and the only way to get it is to suck or fuck or be poor and devoid and masturbate me, masturbate me then slurp it from your palm,' or like 'lost my soul deep inside and it's all black and cold deep inside'? I'm not sure we'd accept these if he didn't have the voice he has.

haha, I definitely agree. Danzig wrote some pretty godamn terrible lyrics.

*Listens to "Rat Fink", followed by "Return of the Fly"...throws up*

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-14, 22:37
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

R-A.. I say R-A!

The Essential Jung

Old 2007-01-15, 03:15
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

"Return of the Fly! With Vincent Price! Yeah, Return of the Fly!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-15, 07:21
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

For the past few months, I've really been looking into Nietzsche's works - good stuff. I also picked up this book On Bullshit recently. Again, really good stuff. It's a study on the whole concept of bullshit in our culture, how big a piece of our culture it is, yet how there is no clear definition of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-01-20, 02:41
h4x5k8
Post-whore

I am a recovering loather, due to poor experiences in high school. I love reading now. First book I read since I've been out of high school was End of Faith by Sam Harris. Saw him lecture at CU Boulder, CO (due to my intrest in abolishing dogmatic organized religion in politics), loved his speach so picked his both his books up, the other one just smaller version of the later, Letter to a Christian Nation.

All my readings on religion lately:
End of Faith - Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation - Sam Harris
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
and www.rotten.com/library (<--- full of good stuff)

Started a older book (pretty big) on history/arguements of Philosophy, going to finish that later though. Also been reading some good books on drugs, society, politics/religion.

Food of the Gods - Terence McKenna
Chaos, Creativity, and Cosmic Consciousness - Terence McKenna, Ralph Abraham, Rupert Sheldrake
True Hallucinations - Terence McKenna (audio book read aloud by him)

Also just started/finished Siddhartha - Herman Hesse the other day. I still have a ton that I've bought sitting on the shelf and a ton that I still want to read that I need to buy.

Anyone read any of the stuff mentioned?

Old 2007-01-20, 18:25
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

In True Halleucinations, does Terence McKenna talk about his stoned ape theory? I find that really interesting........it's probably bullshit, but a nice hypothesis none the less.