MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2006-04-19, 09:22
Life is pain.
Banned

Dude gore and grind are very similar,gore being more metal and grind being more punk, but who gives a fuck they sound s omuch hte same its all grind. Lol really.... Gore and grind... ahahahah
Old 2006-04-19, 15:08
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Dude gore and grind are very similar,gore being more metal and grind being more punk, but who gives a fuck they sound s omuch hte same its all grind. Lol really.... Gore and grind... ahahahah

when i think of grind i think of brief songs (longer than 2 minutes is rare)
blast beating the whole time
lack of circular structure
more shout and less death vocals

all of which symphonies lacks. im guessing you had been drinking when you posted that
Old 2006-04-19, 15:24
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
As someone who loves Necrophagist, I don't know if you're going to get into modern grind.

I say 'modern' since the first real grindcore bands honoured the 'core' suffix at the end --- they were essentially a meaner breed of hardcore punk bands.

I want to mention Robinson and See You Next Tuesday. Those bands are psycho.

To explain the grind bands we're recommending --- its all about a mindless, numbing, ultra-fast texture. I really think that Circle Of Dead Children is really the best of the genre. Their vocalist is really the centerpiece of the band, something that does'nt happen often with metal nowadays.
Old 2006-04-19, 15:42
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
I get really bored with Fuck... I'm Dead really quick.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-04-19, 16:33
My Ass, Your Face

Send a message via AIM to Zionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
As someone who loves Necrophagist, I don't know if you're going to get into modern grind.

I say 'modern' since the first real grindcore bands honoured the 'core' suffix at the end --- they were essentially a meaner breed of hardcore punk bands.

I want to mention Robinson and See You Next Tuesday. Those bands are psycho.

To explain the grind bands we're recommending --- its all about a mindless, numbing, ultra-fast texture. I really think that Circle Of Dead Children is really the best of the genre. Their vocalist is really the centerpiece of the band, something that does'nt happen often with metal nowadays.

See You Next Tuesday should be considered 'crackgrind' becuase that's what they're on.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.
Old 2006-04-19, 16:37
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
See You Next Tuesday too often gets lumped in with the 'girl-pant emo haircut' crowd ... they're just uncategorizable. Although 'crackgrind' is good.
Old 2006-04-19, 19:36
Jono

Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
It's totally raw, minimal simple expression. Super intense, fast, killing. That's what I like about it.

That pretty much sums up the universal reason people listen to it.
Old 2006-04-19, 20:56
Life is pain.
Banned

Ok Tranny I interpret grind as this - Derivitve of punk and crust. Gore however is just and adjective that has been randomly slapped onto bands that have gorey lyrics. I visited the Cannibl Corpse page on Metal Archives last week and you know what it said? Gore metal. Not death metal, gore metal. What the fuck is gore metal? Death metal with gore lyrics? Oh my fucken god, holy shit that's pure genious ok well guess what Sadistik Exekution don't have lyrics they just say "FUKK" lets call that FUKK metal. Oh and Opeth talk about nature and personal thoughts and shit lets rename it to nature and personal thought metal. May aswell lump Atheist and Cynic in with that one too.

That's just the way I see it. The Carcass grind you were talking about is just a more influence from the metal side of grind. To e it's still grind.

I dunno how many others see it that way but I doso that explains my reaction to wat you said.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:17
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Ok Tranny I interpret grind as this - Derivitve of punk and crust. Gore however is just and adjective that has been randomly slapped onto bands that have gorey lyrics. I visited the Cannibl Corpse page on Metal Archives last week and you know what it said? Gore metal. Not death metal, gore metal. What the fuck is gore metal? Death metal with gore lyrics? Oh my fucken god, holy shit that's pure genious ok well guess what Sadistik Exekution don't have lyrics they just say "FUKK" lets call that FUKK metal. Oh and Opeth talk about nature and personal thoughts and shit lets rename it to nature and personal thought metal. May aswell lump Atheist and Cynic in with that one too.

That's just the way I see it. The Carcass grind you were talking about is just a more influence from the metal side of grind. To e it's still grind.

I dunno how many others see it that way but I doso that explains my reaction to wat you said.

i think gore metal is its own genre man! yeah gorey lyrics are obviously a part. but bands like exhumed, carcass, impaled, ghoul...all unique sounding bands that definitley warrant a "gore" title in my opinion. semi melodic, lots of blasting...sickly vocals
Old 2006-04-19, 22:36
Life is pain.
Banned

Oh well, whatever, Should make a discussion on it I think, not to determine a winner but to actually find out.
Old 2006-04-19, 22:44
HES BAAACK

thats what we're doing isn't it? besides its thread appropriate, especially if you're right
Old 2006-04-19, 22:48
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonGuitars07
Some good grindcore/hardcore bands to check out:

Psyopus
Sleep Terror

You are a moron.
Old 2006-04-19, 22:49
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via MSN to problematic
Quote:

truth brother
Old 2006-04-20, 13:07
Post-whore

Quote:

I feel lyrics don't even come into play when "selecting" a genre.
Example: the band "Vomitorial Corpulence" is a goregrind band with 100% christian lyrics. I would not call them christian goregrind... just goregrind.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."
Old 2006-04-20, 13:08
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
I feel lyrics don't even come into play when "selecting" a genre.
Example: the band "Vomitorial Corpulence" is a goregrind band with 100% christian lyrics. I would not call them christian goregrind... just goregrind.

Well, the topic of the lyrics shouldn't but the style in which they are done does.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Old 2006-04-20, 20:54
Life is pain.
Banned

Cunty Shunt that is what I was saying, man.
Old 2006-04-20, 21:00
Jono

Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
See You Next Tuesday too often gets lumped in with the 'girl-pant emo haircut' crowd ... they're just uncategorizable. Although 'crackgrind' is good.

Sadly,grindcore is more and more accosiated with that crowd nowadays.All the 'grindcore' bands ive heard from people I know within that crowd,are sorry excuses for grindcore.
Old 2006-04-20, 21:02
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
Sadly,grindcore is more and more accosiated with that crowd nowadays.All the 'grindcore' bands ive heard from people I know within that crowd,are sorry excuses for grindcore.

What most of those people call grindcore is really just repeated min2 riffs making noise.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped
Old 2006-04-20, 21:04
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
You are a moron.

Whoah. You killed me with wit on that one. Support your argument or don't make one at all. I know both of those bands take a lot of influence from hardcore bands, but they still play fairly decent stuff to listen to in my opinion.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped
Old 2006-04-20, 21:14
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonGuitars07
Whoah. You killed me with wit on that one. Support your argument or don't make one at all. I know both of those bands take a lot of influence from hardcore bands, but they still play fairly decent stuff to listen to in my opinion.

You see, this is why I never take what you say seriously, ever.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."