User Name
Password

Old 2002-08-27, 04:02
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Re: re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkenelf
there isn't really a best metal band for me.

but if I must choose probably one of these bands:

Opeth, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Emperor, Finntroll,
Ancient, Morphia, Hades Almighty, Forgotten Woods, Enslaved, Diabolical Masquerade, As Divine Grace and Skyforger.

Ey man, did you see Morphia on Flevo?!! I did! nice guys to talk to! and a nice band, though the bassist isn't really up to the standard if you ask me.

For best METAL band, I guess In Flames is a good choice or yeah, Morbid Angel..
but my all time favorite metal band is still Caliban, shame that these germans aren't that known. (www.calibanmetal.com)
Old 2002-08-27, 18:45
Metalhead

i would have to say Morbid Angel - they still capitivate me and they are amazing live, one of the best deathmetal acts I have seen. Every solo was played perfectly, not a beat was missed.
Old 2002-08-27, 18:47
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Lateralus
Heh, I used to like Slayer and then hit 15 and grew out of my angry teen angst stage. They turned ass metal and they should give up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

thank you for that Lateralus.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
Old 2002-08-27, 18:49
Post-whore

(the same thing happened to me)

except i pretty much grew out of most metal.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...
Old 2002-08-27, 19:32
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
Well fuck my ass, I'm a 23 year old Slayer and assmetal lovin immature bastard.

Lateralus, you're still a fuckin teenager ya little bastard.
Old 2002-08-27, 19:39
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, who the fuck gets to call anything immature when a)he aint out of high school, and b)he lists his location as a fuckin book written in the middle ages that he probably only knows by the Iced Earth song and obviously doesnt quite notice that it is a book warning people about blasphemy, if you get me. Go hang yourself on a fuckin tree.
Old 2002-08-28, 05:02
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch

I was going to bitch this Tool loving poster first, but i thought i'd get bitched at myself......now that fellow metaltabbers have taken it upon themselves to bitch, i applaud them.

I would say more, but both PST and slayme have said everything i wanted to say.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Old 2002-08-28, 07:28
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by PST 88
he lists his location as a fuckin book written in the middle ages that he probably only knows by the Iced Earth song

No chance... he saw that fucking terrible movie...

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2002-08-28, 15:32
Lord Malphas

There isn`t such thing as "Best Metal Band" but perhaps favorite ....

I don`t really have a favorite band .. there are too many quality bands out there...
Old 2002-08-28, 21:36
New Blood

Quote:
Yeah, who the fuck gets to call anything immature when a)he aint out of high school, and b)he lists his location as a fuckin book written in the middle ages that he probably only knows by the Iced Earth song and obviously doesnt quite notice that it is a book warning people about blasphemy, if you get me. Go hang yourself on a fuckin tree.

What did I call immature? Slayer's music has been shit since the early 90's. They fucking dont stand for anything but being against christianity which is just a gimmick given to give them something to write about (out of the mouth of kerry king). I dont give a shit what Dante's Inferno was about or what useless knowledge your gonna feed me about Dante's Inferno. Kerry King needs to get his head out of his ass and tie a noose around it to end the shitty music he has made us endure. Get your head of Slayer's ass and listen to something respectable.

<---- my dreams about Kerry King and Slayer
Old 2002-08-28, 23:47
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, all they do is anti-god stuff... You sure you're not talkin 'bout Deicide? Cause I'm pretty sure songs like, say, 213 or Scrum have very little to do with Christianity in one way or another. But I'd love to see a lengthy analysis of the lyrics proving to me that rugby is, in fact, an act against God. If you cant do that, kindly shut the fuck up.

And, uh, what exactly do Metallica and Megadeth stand for?

Last edited by PST 88 : 2002-08-28 at 23:49.
Old 2002-08-29, 05:04
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
Originally posted by Lateralus
I dont give a shit what Dante's Inferno was about or what useless knowledge your gonna feed me about Dante's Inferno.

Seems you aren't any better than Slayer....you don't give a shit what something stands for, you just do it cause it's cool right?? Exactly the same as what you blame Slayer for...ain't that right kiddo?

Watch what you say around here, we ain't as stupid as you and we catch little mistakes like this. Fucking kids.

Old 2002-08-29, 09:22
New Blood

memnoch! dont be so mean to the kid ....and ur calling him a kid. which is calling me kid....cuz him and i are the same age!!!!!
i understand that most of you metaltabbers love slayer...and myself...i like slayer...but people do have the right to their own opinions and shit like that....let the "kid" say what he wants...you think hes stupid...go ahead...i dont think it was the smartest thing to do by him saying that shit because hes just gonna get everyone to hate him...but...aurgh...i dont even remember what my point was.
stupid fucking me...stupid fucking kid ....bah bah bah
love you memnoch
Old 2002-08-29, 11:04
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to mrweijia Send a message via Yahoo to mrweijia
are you two married???
Old 2002-08-29, 12:27
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

dude that won't even be legal
Old 2002-08-29, 14:10
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Hehe, yeah......we made a trip to vegas yesterday.

And vagina, i just called him stupid cause he pretty much called the whole board "kids". He didn't just state his opinion, but he said that we're all still in our teenage angst and hatred which is the ONLY reason why we listen to slayer.

I just wanted him to know that no, we are not kids and we like music because of the music, not because it cools our rage. Some people like music for the image and feel they get.....others actually like the music. I am part of the latter.

Old 2002-08-29, 14:50
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

yeah, that's well said man.

even though I don't like slayer at all, because of the lyrics that seem like shit to me, that's MY opinion and I don't ask anyone to share it. it's just my point of view, I'm not a satanist and I just don't like satanist crap. I 'm not a pure blooded christian either but that satanic stuff just goes against some beliefs ( now I'm not talking about slayer but about satanism ) but what the fuck would happen if somebody would start an anti jewish or anti muslim band? they would be pissed of and boycot the music etc. but they let slayer (for instance) continue and didn't whine about anything.

I'm not generalising slayer and satanism but it's just an example. and what memnoch said about the music, it's about the MUSIC not about the culture or beeing cool. If you want to be cool in my country you don't wear metalband shirts or something like that, you wear FUBU shirts and KARL KANI pants that cost a fortune.
I don't have to desire to be "cool" like someone stated before, and ofcourse it's stupid to think slayer is cool because of the satan crap, but if you like slayer for their music, then I respect that, with diffrent lyrics I would probably listen to slayer too.
I won't whine about that either but it's just about the music, not about beeing cool, why don't some people understand that? If I want to be cool I would listen to fucking wu-tang-clan or fucking DMX or something. (Or maybe slipknot or mudvayne )

ah fuck I just keep on rambling in my fucked up english, you guys probably didn't understand the point I was trying to make here....
Old 2002-08-29, 15:22
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

And, uh, what exactly do Metallica and Megadeth stand for?

What the hell, those are my two favorite bands.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.
Old 2002-08-29, 21:23
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

God damn guys, Slayer isnt satanism. Especially now. If you wanna bitch about satanism, go download some fuckin Deicide and hate it. If you wanna talk about their lyrics bein shit, at least read them with enough depth to fuckin get that they gave up the majority of their satanism bullshit with Kerry's fuckin hair. You can hate it all you want, but if you're gonna explain why you'd best try to fuckin make it a valid reason. If not, you might as well just say 'Slayer sucks!' cause you come off more intelligent.

And I wasnt dissing Metallica or Megadeth, just saying most bands dont really stand for shit. And those that do, like, say, U2, aint, in my opinion, any better for it. For the record, however, I am not currently a fan of anything recent from either of those two bands.
Old 2002-08-30, 04:29
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Man, didn't you read a thing I typed, I did not say that slayer sucked or whatever, I said I didn't like the stuff they stand for and all the pentagram bullshit, that's why I don't listen to them, BUT I don't care if anybody else likes them, it's okay with me.
I could understand that you like the music, but the message in the music just isn't me.
I read the lyrics, but it's just NOT my kinda stuff.. especially the older albums, and I did relate slayer to satanism, but that kinda logical from my point of view don't you think?