MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Classified Ads

Old 2006-04-04, 17:13
Jr5spd
New Blood

FOR SALE: Line 6 Spider II Half stack

Im selling a Line 6 Spider II Half stack. 150 watt head, with matching cab. I was wondering if anyone likes these anymore and price range i should be looking to sell for. If anyone is looking for one throw a price in my direction and i'll take all into consideration. I live in Plaistow, NH...If that helps anyone at all.

Thanks

Jr4spd@yahoo.com For any questions, feel free to email me. I'll try to get pictures within the week.

Old 2006-04-04, 22:37
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

How's the condition? How much? Pictures?

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2006-04-05, 00:11
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

$60.00 + Shipping?

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-04-05, 01:08
Oldskoolmetal
New Blood

that...is not a good amp its practicly the worst AND its SS to top that...i say u will get about 100$ (US) for it +SAH.....ill give u 125+shipping (give or take some)...but yeah msg me and ill talk to u or..email me at underowens@yahoo.com

Old 2006-04-05, 02:10
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Why? Whats so bad about it? I mean, for 125 I might buy it for the hell of it...... maybe.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2006-04-05, 02:54
Jr5spd
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardanstalt
How's the condition? How much? Pictures?

Head: I bought the head off of ebay about 4 months ago. Played it once, and brought it into Daddy's to be checked out and fix anything that was wrong with it. I have only plugged it in to make sure it worked since. It has sat in a smoke free basement.

Cab: This has been gigged and a small tear in the front mesh due to a drum leg going through. Its all in working condition, just minor cosmetic defects. This how ever has been in a smoked room for under a month. I have informed everyone in the band to quit the smoking.

As for pictures, i'll try to get some within the week. I need to find a digital camera...mines busted.

Old 2006-04-05, 03:34
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr5spd
Im selling a Line 6 Spider II Half stack. 150 watt head, with matching cab.

So how much are you gonna pay ME to take this thing?

Awesome.

Old 2006-04-05, 06:27
Timur
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection

Gimme a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy
A DOD Death Metal pedal works just fine, but only with a decent Marshall. I run mine thru an MG30 watt combo, and it's brutal.

Old 2006-04-05, 13:02
Jr5spd
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection

Why is everyone bad mouthing this...?

Old 2006-04-05, 15:59
Soeru
Post-whore

Because they're crappy amps. Give you a buck twenty five.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-04-05, 18:42
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Sure its not a great amp, but the man's trying to sell something here.

Old 2006-04-05, 19:08
Timur
Senior Metalhead

The seller isn't trying to make the spider look as something it isn't, why the hell are you so anal about him trying to sell something?

Quote:
A DOD Death Metal pedal works just fine, but only with a decent Marshall. I run mine thru an MG30 watt combo, and it's brutal.

Old 2006-04-05, 19:14
YJM04
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Because they're crappy amps. Give you a buck twenty five.

freedom costs the same amount(team america)

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Old 2006-04-05, 20:18
Jr5spd
New Blood

Hoesntly people. Sorry im selling something YOU dont like. I liked it for the time i had it, and the time i had the combo amps. So back to my orginal question. What would a selling price be? Not some wise ass remark saying that i should pay you to take it..or that its worth $5

Old 2006-04-05, 23:31
Oldskoolmetal
New Blood

er...ill do 150+shipping EMAIL ME if u dont get any better offers (pretty sure you wont) underowens@yahoo.com (im not rushing u i want u to get the best deal u can for it so good luck)

Old 2006-04-06, 01:44
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Fuck bitches, these amps really aren't THAT bad, especially considering this is the better head version. I played a little like 30 watt spider II the other day w/ a POD 2.0 and it actually sounded pretty damn good for a "in-the-house-amp". If I hear you guys saying that those little Roland Cubes are good, then this is definately better.

Old 2006-04-06, 02:17
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Nah, Spiders are cool.

Old 2006-04-06, 06:21
Jr5spd
New Blood

I love the sound i could get out of this amp. Such a wide range. But maybe thats just me. And there is no way im selling a Half stack for $125. sorry guys. It cost me that to get it all fixed/updated when i brought it in.

Old 2006-04-06, 18:58
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Fuck bitches, these amps really aren't THAT bad, especially considering this is the better head version. I played a little like 30 watt spider II the other day w/ a POD 2.0 and it actually sounded pretty damn good for a "in-the-house-amp". If I hear you guys saying that those little Roland Cubes are good, then this is definately better.

You played it through a POD, thats where the difference lies. I've only played one Line 6 amp that I actually liked without using any outside effects systems, and that was the Vetta.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-04-06, 20:13
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Well the pod can be had for like $140 used. Not that much more to make it better.

Old 2006-04-07, 03:11
Jr5spd
New Blood

Honestly...you are all ridiculas. This amp can put out some nasty sounds. Why mix a POD with a Line 6 amp anyways...The POD is made for a marshall, or crate, or something that you can really fiddle with. All the Line 6 products have a crap load of settings and presets. For you to think that i would let this go for $150 is a joke.

Old 2006-04-07, 03:15
Soeru
Post-whore

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LINE-6-SPID...yphotohos ting

256$. And that's in the UK, stuff is more expensive over there, plus that's new. And Line 6 cabs are really really crappy. Sure maybe not worth 125$, but don't hold your breath thinking you're going to sell it for significantly more. You can try ebay and pimp it up a bit on your auction, throw in some bonus shit or something, but noone buys those things on ebay apparently.

A billion settings are not a substitute for tone quality. The Pod is made for people with a poweramp and cabinets/PA or that just use it for direct recording, it's not intended for use into a regular amp, that would be a waste.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-04-07, 05:07
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr5spd
Honestly...you are all ridiculas. This amp can put out some nasty sounds. Why mix a POD with a Line 6 amp anyways...The POD is made for a marshall, or crate, or something that you can really fiddle with. All the Line 6 products have a crap load of settings and presets. For you to think that i would let this go for $150 is a joke.

I think $150 is a little too low, I agree, but maybe I'm saying to use the POD because I've tried it and it works great with it. Perhaps it also makes sense to use a POD w/ another LIne6 product.

Old 2006-04-19, 20:53
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJM04
freedom costs the same amount(team america)

nah thats way too much
freedom costs a buck o five

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-04-20, 18:25
the_bleeding
Post-whore

150 is way too low... i'd sell it at half price at the LEAST. They are decent amps, amazing for the low price, you just have to fiddle with them, and alot of people are bitchy and lazy and dont want to. Same thing with pods, lots of people hate them because they dont know how to tweak it. Its the same with every amp, it wont sound good until you play with it...

if you want a comparison, the spider pushes out more gain than any marshall SS, and marshall SS amps are quite a bit more expensive... and are stuck with the marshall SS sounds clean and dirty... but the spider pushes out 12 different sounds... you definately get bang for your buck.

and the cabs are decent... celestion vintage 30's get the job done. I'm not saying they're the best speakers, but they arent the worst in any case.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2006-04-20, 18:35
Timur
Senior Metalhead

vintage 30's are among the best speakers depending on the style your looking for, and they are faaaaar to expensive for low price amps like the spider, I dont know what retard wasted vintage 30's in yours because they do not come stock with it, altho it might say "CELESTION SPEAKER INSIDE" or something, good for sales as every rockstar has something good to say about their HIGH-END celestions which is not what low price amps labeled "CELESTION EQUIPED" comes with

I totally disagree about that you have to fiddle with the spider, the EQ controls dont change that sound that much at all.. a POD however has almost to many ways of changing the sound..

You are right at one point however.. It's way better than the low-price marshalls, no wonder.. digital preamps pwns solidstate preamps

edit: Soeru, that amp you listed to is not the same amp as the one he is selling, it's way cheaper

Quote:

Last edited by Timur : 2006-04-20 at 18:38.