MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2002-08-19, 21:42
Post-whore

oh boy.......selling out etc.

i know many people have done this (i think), but i wanna voice my opinon. i dont get why people get so mad at so many bands for what they do. Let me start with In Flames. People are bashing them for selling out. this is so silly. Why do people say that? Because they have guitar melodies? or because they have catchy choruses? people say that the choruses off their new album sound like nu-metal. what makes a chorus nu metal? or dimmu borgir.....people say that it isnt black metal. Why? because is sounds good? also i have seen people get mad when a band signs to a major label....well there are plenty of bands that do this, like maiden and Blind Guardian, and they dont sell out

people's whole image of some bands is so off it makes them worse then the nu metal trendies. i remember someone here commented on a band saying that they weren't metal because their lyrics had nothing to do with satan. well, that makes them more of a "poser" or "trendy" than anyone else. i think too many people want to have the image of being a fan of non-mainstream music. they exploit it more than any nu metal fan wearing a limp bizcuit t-shirt......

back to my point on bands, almost no band i believe has ever "sold out".
megadeth-no
in flames-no
CoF-no
metallica-not for their music so much, but i consider them sell outs for all the shit they have done with napster etc. they sold their fans out.

basically to wrap this up, what does music have to be in order to not be bashed? does it have to be just total noise that no one will really like? is Anal Cunt the only true non sell out band because they never built on their music? bands build on their style. the music they make is what they wanna make.

Do you honestly believe that when in flames releases their new cd that they are thinking: "wow this crap we made totally sucks, but it will sell good."

"I guess it all works out in the end"
"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-08-20, 00:17
morbid_death

who cares. good music is good music when it comes down to the crunch. COF might of be a bit different from their Dusk and Her Embrace days but doesn't mean they suck. most of the armchair critics on this forum are always bagging bands when they cant do half as well themselves. its those people i give the big middle finger too.
Old 2002-08-20, 00:43
Senior Metalhead

Dude you just said what I have been trying to get across on this forum. Thanks. It's about time.

All Hail the Giant Penis! eeewwww did I really just say that
Old 2002-08-20, 03:44
New Blood

Believe it or not, Anal Cunt were considered sellouts by some fans after signing to earache!!!
Old 2002-08-20, 04:05
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
Quote:
Originally posted by morbid_death
who cares. good music is good music when it comes down to the crunch. COF might of be a bit different from their Dusk and Her Embrace days but doesn't mean they suck. most of the armchair critics on this forum are always bagging bands when they cant do half as well themselves. its those people i give the big middle finger too.

Cradle of Filth still suck. You can take that middle finger and put it back up your ass as well.
Old 2002-08-20, 06:26
morbid_death

Quote:
Originally posted by slayme_returns

Cradle of Filth still suck. You can take that middle finger and put it back up your ass as well.

that comment was like a babies wading pool. awfully shallow and reaks of piss.
Old 2002-08-20, 08:06
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
most of the armchair critics on this forum are always bagging bands when they cant do half as well themselves. its those people i give the big middle finger too.

Half as well? Well that'd be me, I can't do ANY as well... I can't play a damn thing worth a damn thing...

Does this invalidate my criticism somehow?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2002-08-20, 08:07
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:

that comment was like a babies wading pool. awfully shallow and reaks of piss.

This is funny

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2002-08-20, 08:29
morbid_death

Quote:
Originally posted by far_beyond_sane

Half as well? Well that'd be me, I can't do ANY as well... I can't play a damn thing worth a damn thing...

Does this invalidate my criticism somehow?

y criticise if you cant do any better yourself? i'm not here to tell you wat your criticism is worth, but the key level i was getting at was; even if you don't like it, you cant deny the musical genious.....therefore...it cant simply 'suck'. understand?? or am i dealing with an entire crock of closeminded folks that are vomiting their own pride?
Old 2002-08-20, 09:20
Senior Metalhead
Alumni Staff

You don't have to be a virtuose musician to be allowed to think that some bands suck.

Some just do.

And most bands mentioned in this thread are in that group nowadays ,allthough In Flames maybe isn't in that category yet.
In the witness of the Father, the Son and the Holy
Ghost, his soul will fall below the valley of death.
Left to rot forever, to never be free, never return.
Old 2002-08-20, 09:24
morbid_death

yes but something cant just 'suck'. WHY do you THINK it sucks? not just because of a stupid little element like the singing or not enough dbl kick. its more like

"i dont like [insert band here] because of the way [insert something here] is done because it is [insert something here]"

otherwise, saying "[insert band here] sucks" otherwise your just a hypocritical bastard and no different from the nu-metal fuckwith 13 year olds...now you dont want to be like them do you?
Old 2002-08-20, 13:13
Senior Metalhead

I guess my comment on CoF selling out released this pointless crap.
In my opinion, a band is selling out when they release four best of albums in three years, plus a studioalbum and some live albums. Ok, overexaggerating.
Take Linkin Park. One year after their break through, they release the same crap one more time, only a little remixed and featuring "international superstars" which I have never heard about.
THAT is selling out.
Old 2002-08-20, 13:15
Senior Metalhead
Alumni Staff

I've always explained why I think some things.
In the witness of the Father, the Son and the Holy
Ghost, his soul will fall below the valley of death.
Left to rot forever, to never be free, never return.
Old 2002-08-20, 13:19
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
This was a total waste of time to read...

and if it helps anything I never thought that CoF sold out because I always thought they sucked...maybe it's just me.

I'm guessing that regardless of how this thread goes, it will end up in an argument in the next 20 posts.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2002-08-20, 13:48
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to memnoch Send a message via AIM to memnoch Send a message via MSN to memnoch
Quote:
yes but something cant just 'suck'. WHY do you THINK it sucks? not just because of a stupid little element like the singing or not enough dbl kick. its more like

"i dont like [insert band here] because of the way [insert something here] is done because it is [insert something here]"

otherwise, saying "[insert band here] sucks" otherwise your just a hypocritical bastard and no different from the nu-metal fuckwith 13 year olds...now you dont want to be like them do you?

I don't like Slipknot because of the way they haven't progressed in their music. In my opinion their album IOWA was complete shit. I found most songs sounded like their previous album, except with less thought put into them. And with 9 people in a band, i expect a little more than just average music.

So you're saying i sound like a 13 year old for stating my opinion now? No matter WHAT my reasoning is.....i'm a 13 year old limp bizkit fuckwit??

I agree with slayme here......shove that finger up your ass.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.
Old 2002-08-20, 14:10
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by DerMeister

In my opinion, a band is selling out when they release four best of albums in three years, plus a studioalbum and some live albums. Ok, overexaggerating.
Take Linkin Park. One year after their break through, they release the same crap one more time, only a little remixed and featuring "international superstars" which I have never heard about.
THAT is selling out.

exactly. that is selling out. when megadeth decided to make a softer album like risk, they wanted to. they had done heavy metal for so long they just wanted to change it up for an album......i believe the same goes for Load.

"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-08-20, 14:11
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Blizzard Beast
Dude you just said what I have been trying to get across on this forum. Thanks. It's about time.

All Hail the Giant Penis! eeewwww did I really just say that

hey im surprised, i thought i'd get bashed a lot for this at first.......

"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-08-20, 19:16
morbid_death

Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch

I don't like Slipknot because of the way they haven't progressed in their music. In my opinion their album IOWA was complete shit. I found most songs sounded like their previous album, except with less thought put into them. And with 9 people in a band, i expect a little more than just average music.

So you're saying i sound like a 13 year old for stating my opinion now? No matter WHAT my reasoning is.....i'm a 13 year old limp bizkit fuckwit??

I agree with slayme here......shove that finger up your ass.

well. if you got your head out of that maggeted cunt hole you'd be able to be a little more mature about the way you do stuff and maybe not sound like an aggrovated under-sexed 'i'm so cool because i'm a mod' dick.

i like the way you can twist my words like your boyfriend can twist your cock around his exotic dancing pole when your pissed at him for stealing your handbag. but, if you wern't the afor mentioned you could be mature about it.

if you only had the first 'argument' in that first paragraph, then you cant argue with it, but instead you decided to be the smart ass and turn a healthy debate into an argument.
Old 2002-08-21, 00:37
Post-whore

this is gonna get ugly..............

"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-08-21, 00:52
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

hey it's not right to personally attack people for their opinions.

calm down and stop throwin' the insults.