MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-12-05, 20:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Hey everybody.... who doesn't read this thread....

I'm finally posting my segmented full length video on Youtube. This is the original divx movie i made like 3 somethin years ago. Its got the standard video parts in it, and a bunch of bullshit and funny footage.

It'll probably be finished by tonight. (uploading) Its 4 parts total, for about 36 minutes.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-12-07, 08:01
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Go Here

here is a compliation my friend made of this weekend.

Nice shit nigga! Love the stairs shizzm!

Your foot doesn't look too bad, but i'm sure it must hurt a lot more. I for one know. Bad to hear dude, I know what it's like to be off your board when you're craving for a skate, it sucks.

I've pretty much quit altogether.

Haven't gone in like 2 months, the holidays are coming up in a week but ill be just staying home most days, studying like a cunt.
I doubt i'll feel like going / have the feel of skating. When I lose (what little) ability I had, I just can't be fucked.

You know what makes me never feel like going to another skatepark again?

It's the fucking new kids.

Pisses me off to hell. You roll up to a skatepark with a mate or two, only to find there are a group of little 11 year old kids with a camera. Tearing the fuck out of the park. F/S nose the ledge to kicky manual shuv to heelflip down 4 and if they don't get the combo first go they have a little fucking whiney bitch, throwing their board around and screeching in their little high 5 year old baby ass voices "fuck, cunt". I swear, I could fucking knock these fuckers out. Then their friends, not really responsive at first, ask the tantrum fucker to film them as they attempt a similar or better line. It's not about fucking skating anymore. It's about beating your friends, and getting shit on camera. Once the line is complete eveyone has a little cheer, "yay!" only to succumb to their repulsive consciences telling them to cheer, for that is what should be done. None of them give a fuck about skating. Only to beat their friends, and self-gain. They just want to be 'as cool as Tony Hawk and shred up the streets'. Fuck that. Of course I should be congratulating Hawk, on his recent release of 'Tony Hawk Underground 923', the 'underground' a paradox of its highest form. The old fuck should've stopped making games at #2, for the rest are so far from reality it's not fucking funny, it's just fucking dumb and lame. These fuckhead kids, see the bulshit of these games, the instant perfection of every trick at a click of a button, and work and work to attain a similar level of 'skill', or else they'll chuck a whine and a bitch. What's more is these kids are the biggest fucking pussies, yet act hard when you get in their way or similar. Then ask an older guy to bum a cigarrette and hang around with them for a bit, in a fucking new retarded realm of a habitat. Seriously, they're not fooling anyone. And they're fucking gay. And their mothers expect them home before 6 "or else" to have their fucking nappies changed.

What's even worse, is the fucking new scene. If there even is a fucking scene. These fuckhead kids are a big part of the fucked up scene, that is how fucking badly skateboarding has sold out. No one gives a fuck anymore. It's about filming tricks, getting sponsored, and winning competitions. Fucking repulsive. When I walk into a skate shop, I see no difference to it than an "Emporio Armani" or "Chanel" shop. Everything is overpriced like fuck, everybody's being a cool skater boy (Thanks Avril Slutvigne, you fucking dumb bitch), and all the coolest guys in school have a board. Is anyone angry? Fuck no.
Generic ass shop clerks who 'skate' are happy, they are getting paid for an excuse of a job and bludging around all day acting stoned and tired to conform to a stereotype of skaters no skater should be proud of, except for the poser ass skaters, who basically hang around places with a board and similar mates, smoking dope, thinking they're dope and cool, until someone might realise that they're fucking retarded, they can't do shit on a board, just a bunch of conforming cunts who I would be glad to defecate onto.
Then there are the fat fucks in the office, cashing in like Electra in a brothle. Not a single on of them has touched a skateboard in their entire fucking lives, but of course they are glad to cash in on the 'enterprise' that is skateboarding.

Who started this? Probably Stacy Peralta and the motherfucking Bones Brigade, along with the little fuckhead cunt Hawk. I believe they were the first to make commerically available boards, not just signatures or whatever, and kickstarted the whole thing in the wrong direction. Money. You cunts. Fcuking I hate fucking Tony Hawk. Games, clothing, biographies on the cunt... When are people gonna realise that Hawk is old, and can't fucking skate anymore, he's just gay. All he did was land the first fucking 900. Get over it. That was 7 years ago. Others since have landed it, even no names, but no one makes a fuss. Everyone's still overhyped about stupid shit of Hawk and his fucking multi-million dollar scene to actually realise he's gay as fuck, he's old, a family man, and can't really skate anymore.

Then there's the other end of the spectrum, Bam, Jackass, and similar shit.
Bam is so fucking gay. No one in the world comes close to being as gay as him. He is just so fucking gay. So he releases a gay ass clothing brand, supports and is sponsored by the gayest skate team ever, Element, who are more self-obsessed with their image than Michael Jackson, and he is just so fucking gay. Don't get me wrong, I loved this kid back in the day. Back in the CKY days (no, not the band, the video). He was fucking raw, original, and didn't give a fuck. Usually progression is good. And it was for a bit, with the 'Jackass' tv series. Then the movie comes out. OH GREAT YOU'RE GAY AS FUCK. Then Viva La Bam comes out. No other television show in history has come close to the gayness of this program. Not Queer Eye, not even MASH. All he fucking does, it spend money like a fag, HAS THE MOST STAGED SKITS EVER, and is fucking gay. His parents are gay. It's all staged as hell. Obviously they wouldn't allow him to keep making the program if they were so 'shocked' as they appear to be, but they're not, they're just gay. He runs around like a spoilt bitch playing stupid pranks on people. He used to be funny. Now he's just a fucking scum. He can't even skate that well. Like Hawk, he's just popular.
I would really like to see CKY5. But will they do it. Bam's public antics just won't work when he's surrounded by paparazzi and 10 year olds. They'll have to do mostly private stunts, or stunts under disguise. IT was good when they weren't big. Those videos shaped me as I was growing. I never idolized him, I never bought any of his shit, I just lied him for being cool and whatnot. But now he's a fucking sellout son of a bitch, April.

/skate and related rant.

I'm gonna cool off playing Thrasher Skate and Destroy and Tony Hawks 2, like the good old fucking Y2K days.

Last edited by problematic : 2006-12-07 at 08:11.

Old 2006-12-07, 11:01
Amadeus
Quantum.

Wow. You really do care, dont you?
But, it's nothing uniqe. The to skating often related culture of hip-hop has the same disease... hand in hand with what you've just pointed out, gangsta-bitch-hoo dumbness walks smugly.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2006-12-07, 17:03
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well I enjoyed your rant haha, i don't neccesarily agree with you in alot of the parts but still enjoyed it nonetheless.

I know what you mean about little kids. The kids from about 11-16ish are the dumbest mother fuckers most of the time. They have no concept of the reason that skating is what it is. Like i go onto youtube and it disqusts me how many "sponsor me" videos there are out there. My friend recently asked if i had brought the video (which i haven't even FINISHED yet...) to this local skate shop to get sponsored. I was like first off. A. its not even fucking done yet... and B. no cause i don't really give a fuck. I might bring it over there just so he can watch it and tell me what he thinks of hte editing and production job on it.

The only reason i have been filming for so long now is because i just like to film skateboarding, and create home movies. I've tried getting sponsored.. ONCE. That was way back in the day and when that fell through and i looked kind of like an idiot for even trying (for that shopkeeper!!!) i said fuck this and went back to doing what i do.

Nowadays i generally attempt to bring a camera around because it usually pumps me up to get some of the sickest shit down. Its not like i won't do stuff without it... i just would rather have it there on the big shit, for better and DEFINATELY for worse. I'll post hte video of my fucking up my foot once my friend gives it to me. I will slow motion the hell out of it haha.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2006-12-07, 17:05
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:
Go Here

here is a compliation my friend made of this weekend.

I do the 180 in the beginning (which is probably the cleanest backside i've ever done over a set of stairs) then you see me do a noseslide then a 50-50 on this pretty tall ledge, then i do the noseslide on the handrail. Woot woot. Also the scene with the stomping of hte board, and the riding and standing on the middle of it.

Oh and by the way. I did the ledge AFTER i had already fucked up my foot. Thats called fucking dedicated haha.

This is nice. This is real nice. Fuck.

I ùsed to skate, altough the only thing I could do was ollie (qùite far actually... For someone that skates for 2 months), but I stopped after a while... Especially because Belgium is quite a skater-unfriendly country.

You can notice it at the base, the fundament of everything already.
As in: THIS is what our sidewalks are like, EVERYWHERE. And don't be mistaken by the picture, between the cement and each tile there is up to 5 mm in difference.

Sucks alright.
Other example. And it's like that almost everywhere.

But lately, I fucking hunger to skate... Yet no one here has a skateboard... No city here has a skatepark... Everyone has an Xbox 360 with Tony Hawks Project 8 (which is great game by the way)

Oh well...

But once again: friggin' SWEET video.

Edit: Oh timedragon, nice video and it proves why Belgium sucks too.
All those things (barricade-thing, plywood, handrail, ...) are IMPOSSIBLE to get here, not even just fucken wood... What dó we have? Stairs. But they're IMMEDIATELY in front of the doors of buildings... So unless you start skating from the inside of the building you can't do shit with those either.

It's one of the many reasons why I want to be Canadian.

Last edited by Wolfsherz : 2006-12-07 at 17:23.

Old 2006-12-07, 17:52
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

What does canadian have to do with anything? haha

Thanks for the compliments
yeah i feel you on the brick. I imagine alot of europe is like that. You just gotta find hte fucking spots. Hell skate the streets. They look paved enough.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:00
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

You want to be Canadian? The Belgian Beer too strong?

Yeah, those sidewalks look like a nightmare. Thank god for proper concrete and asphalt.

Promblematic - It was the same shit 5-6 years ago..I started skating right before Tony Hawk 1 came out and were kids asking me if I could darkslide down huge rails and shit.

900 off the curb LOLLOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:10
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
It was the same shit 5-6 years ago..I started skating right before Tony Hawk 1 came out and were kids asking me if I could darkslide down huge rails and shit.

900 off the curb LOLLOL.
I make absolutely no claims to know much of anything about skateboarding or any of the other nuances of the sub-culture(I tried it for a few months but my balance is horrible anyway, plus I'm a pussy).....but did the tony hawk games REAAALLYYY make that much of an impact? You used to never really hear about it before tony hawk 1 came out, now its all over the place.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:14
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
but did the tony hawk games REAAALLYYY make that much of an impact?

Yes.

I loved the games..but it brought skateboarding to people that should of never, ever heard of skateboarding before.

I also had a shitload of tech decks. lol.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:15
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:
What does canadian have to do with anything? haha

Thanks for the compliments
yeah i feel you on the brick. I imagine alot of europe is like that. You just gotta find hte fucking spots. Hell skate the streets. They look paved enough.

Can't even skate on the streets!
The asfalt is jagged as fuck, and wrecks your wheels in no time. Plus, riding on that crap makes you feel like a vibrator. And that's not good.

As for the beer: I don't drink much, and I don't like beer thàt much.
Altough I càn drink quite alot, if I do say so myself

Old 2006-12-07, 18:16
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Yes.

I loved the games..but it brought skateboarding to people that should of never, ever heard of skateboarding before.
LOL, oh cmon BB. Black people get tired of basketball just as fast as you or I would.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:18
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
I make absolutely no claims to know much of anything about skateboarding or any of the other nuances of the sub-culture(I tried it for a few months but my balance is horrible anyway, plus I'm a pussy).....but did the tony hawk games REAAALLYYY make that much of an impact? You used to never really hear about it before tony hawk 1 came out, now its all over the place.

It brought the sport a LITTLE more into the lime light. But i'm teliln you what problematic is speaking of has been happening for YEARS... and YEARS. Yeah and BassB is right i remember how many fucking people usd to ask me about darkside slides. I'm like wtf? That trick is pretty fucking gay unless you are Rodney Mullen, like seriously.

But i give all credit were credit is due, i'm sorry problematic tony hawk is RIDICULOUSLY good at skating. You think the only thing he did first was a 900? Man you really don't know anything about the history of skateboarding if thats what you think. Tony hawk invented nearly every vert trick out there. Seriously look it up if you don't believe me. But i know how you feel as it would relate to the commercialization of it.

But that isn't a reason to dislike the sport, just the industry. I used to get pised off once skate shoes became popular. Nobody wore except people who skated. Now skate shops and online sites cater to skate shoe buyers. Oh well, i just don't buy the majority of the bullshit they put out. Hell i don't even know any of the brands nowadays.

But skateboarding has been extremely popular for a very long time, today is no different. ACtually infact i would say skateboarding NOW is most definately ont he down slope out of hte public eye. Seriously.

Old 2006-12-07, 18:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Oh yeah here is the link to the first full length skate vid i've made. This is my youtube like section or whatever.

Check out the part 1 of Havelock Skateboarding. Also my "demo" of my new video is here too. Its called OSS Demo.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=f18pilot

Although i think me and this other guy here are going to team up and create a video together which is going to seriously kick way more ass. Its become a decient size production.

Old 2006-12-08, 02:53
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xWOTw-1EjU

here is the leg blast. Ok you gotta watch the actual fall about 5 or 6 times to see exactly what happened. This is almost a complete freak incident. I almost catch teh board and it ends up getting stuck to my RIGHT(thought it was left when it happened) leg well, its upside down but RIGHT before it hits the ground it completes the flip and jets off.

Now there is 2 "hits" to look at. The first inital impact where i slip. You can clearly see i attempt to fall gracefully but my foot sticks and it doesn't fall well, which plunges me forward. The 2nd hit is where it gets nasty. My left leg gets jammed between my body and the ground and literally crushes my foot forward (the sensation of my toes touching my shin) which completely pulled my calf muscle, it gets stuck to where my foot and leg have nowhere to go so my knee completely plants into the ground and i kind of pivot forward and with the rest of my momentem, all weight lands on my left leg.

Thats it completely broken down.

Old 2006-12-08, 08:01
Amadeus
Quantum.

People getting hurt. Amusing. Did it heal well?

Hey, Wolfherz, you need to catch a train to Sweden. Our cities in Skåne is practically designed for skating.
And skating on the downslide? We have at least one school here in the south that teaches skating as a optional extra to their three-year streetdance university program. Not to mention, in Malmö there is this giant skatepark, something like 2000-3000 square meters, and you can go pretty much from beginner to paid showcase performer in it.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2006-12-08, 11:51
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah here is the link to the first full length skate vid i've made. This is my youtube like section or whatever.

Check out the part 1 of Havelock Skateboarding. Also my "demo" of my new video is here too. Its called OSS Demo.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=f18pilot

Although i think me and this other guy here are going to team up and create a video together which is going to seriously kick way more ass. Its become a decient size production.

Dude I don't know why I watched all four parts of that video. Feels like the biggest waste of time ever. Dude you had the gayest haircut ever . But you have inspired me to go for a skate tomorrow. And I might film something these holidays/ get some old footage, for sentimental value; something to hold on to.

Your leg blast didn't look to bad. Except the toe stretch. I saw yes, a violent movement, but not 'toes touch your shin' bad. Still painful, fo sho.

Wolfsherz; yeah looks pretty damn bad. Obviously you can manouvre over cracks like that, but obviously a pain in the but and not good a general street skate. Many old euro towns are like that.. sucks!..

BB.. it was kinda the same 5 years ago. Maybe moreso in America. Recently here, Australia's first 'skate plaza' was built, maybe 6 months ago. Thats when it exploded. In the area of about 20 metres squared, there was about 40 kids (I once counted) skating at a time. It was so fucking packed its not funny. Nowadays its died down to around 20 kids at any time 10 - 6. 'Monster' skatepark was built about 2 years ago and also whored the fuck out of everything.
For the record, THPS1 was released 8 years ago now, I believe October in 1999. Fuck time flies.

tmfreak. Yes Hawk is good, but not RIDICULOUSLY good. Yes he was at the forefront of skating. I know my history. IT was the Dogtown & Z-Boys doing the first aerials in pools. I own the Bones Brigade's 'Search for Animal Chin' on video. I know Hawk was the first to land a 540, switch 540, 720 to fakie, and 900 namely. The lanky cunt can spin. That's just vert though, and vert is basically dead, except for 10 or 20 pros still going at it (although yes, it is still revolutionary (loop, DC super ramp, Burnquists backyard and backyard super ramp, Great Wall of China jump)...I'll admit I am still stunned). But street is just so much better.. it's taking the board to a more urban environment, not some hugely specific vert ramp, I dunno it's just cooler - to hit the streets. The guys that brought street to life were Natas Kaupas, Mullen, and definantly Steve Caballero, among others. What they did was huge too. I'll stand. Both types of skateboarding (vert & street (just main ones im talking about)) went through HUUGE changes through time, but street moreso I would say..(bombing hills, pools, freestyle, tricks, extremely, extremely tech tricks, then to the 'rebel' image and stage, and now; now, mainly going big, with tech here and there, accentuating style. Vert went from pools, to ramps, to both and other structures(more street though) but it was the style and tricks that just changed and changed and changed.

Skateboarding now is slightly on the down slope, in normal media, but not for Cable TV channels and such. It's still massive, and gets some airplay on normal TV. Moreso in America I would say. It gets its mentions when Danny Way pushes it that much fucking further (can you imagine doing the DC super ramp and that fucker of a quarter pipe..even though there's even bigger shit now...) and also when someone gets killed skateboarding. Fair go.

Keep the vids coming, but not at long, more to the point nigga. I know that was more of an experience, a progression, but meh... your recent shit is cooler. Some cool tricks laid down like the boardslides down that quite big rail...i'd pussy out on that one ...fucking rails. Rails + Lank do not mix, ever.

Old 2006-12-08, 15:38
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

haha, the best part is when you try to walk away..I laughed my ass off.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-11, 21:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I crushed my ankle AGAIN. I'm not 100% its my ankle but the left side of my left foot. I was just coming off a bad backside 5-0 on a box and stepped down just really hard i guess in the wrong spot and feels kinda like all my weight just "crushed down" on it.

It fucking SUCKS. I was kicking ass too and i just got back into my groove of rockin. I was planning on filming this weekend but i doubt its gonna happen now because of my foot

Old 2007-01-11, 22:21
sqol
Post-whore

Has anyone here had any experience with longboarding? It's caught my fancy as something i'd like to try, but i don't have any such skate shops nearby, so i'd like to get some info/recommendations before i travel to find one

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2007-01-11, 22:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
Has anyone here had any experience with longboarding? It's caught my fancy as something i'd like to try, but i don't have any such skate shops nearby, so i'd like to get some info/recommendations before i travel to find one

I see lots of them all the time around campus. Its more about your particular style. (style just being your choice of stuff) cause i would imagine it wouldn't make that much of a difference as long as your getting "name brand" stuff.

Big wheels high abec bearings and whatever size length you want really.

Old 2007-01-12, 16:55
_harris
Senior Metalhead

I used to skate a lot ages ago (5 years or so), but never got that good.. I started again a year and a bit ago but stopped about March this year for some reason

I developed my own technique for doing really crazy tricks, it sometimes works, just gotta go for it and hope :P

I've been thinking about getting back into it, I still have my awesome setup of Zero Thomas deck, Phantom 2 trucks, Spitfire wheels and PIG speed star bearings (better than Bones Reds!).

Mullen is god on skateboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1U5OPMI2o

Got any fave music for skating to?? Mine's most thrash, particularly Slayer, DRI, Anthrax (old), anything that's got the speed really!!!!

Old 2007-01-12, 19:28
okkim1
New Blood

Element's cool. They've got Brent, which is propably the coolest thing in skateboarding.

Old 2007-01-12, 20:46
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

i might buy a board soon. now that i just got another check for school. and had already paid for this semester before i got it.

Old 2007-01-12, 20:51
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _harris
I used to skate a lot ages ago (5 years or so), but never got that good.. I started again a year and a bit ago but stopped about March this year for some reason

I developed my own technique for doing really crazy tricks, it sometimes works, just gotta go for it and hope :P

I've been thinking about getting back into it, I still have my awesome setup of Zero Thomas deck, Phantom 2 trucks, Spitfire wheels and PIG speed star bearings (better than Bones Reds!).

Mullen is god on skateboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1U5OPMI2o

Got any fave music for skating to?? Mine's most thrash, particularly Slayer, DRI, Anthrax (old), anything that's got the speed really!!!!

Most definately punk any day of the week. Although there are some select tracks that are nice to listen to due to their usage in skate videos and they remind me of thtings. I.E. Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy name in the Jamie Thomas welcome to hell part.

THis ankle bullshit really upsets me. My fucking ankle is starting to really piss me off. Maybe i need to start streaching for real. I went through ocs and i had to do extra shit at medical when i went there because they couldn't believe how unflexable my ankles/calfs and all that shit were. Maybe thats why my left ankle although gets "better' never seems to be able to take any ankle shocks anymore.

Old 2007-01-13, 15:04
_harris
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
THis ankle bullshit really upsets me. My fucking ankle is starting to really piss me off. Maybe i need to start streaching for real. I went through ocs and i had to do extra shit at medical when i went there because they couldn't believe how unflexable my ankles/calfs and all that shit were. Maybe thats why my left ankle although gets "better' never seems to be able to take any ankle shocks anymore.

Shit man, that sucks

I fucked both of my ankles early summer last year, my left ankle twisted and cracked at the same time and swelled up like a bitch, and the next day I was walking up some steps and slipped and fucked the right one!! It sucked because I couldn't walk or skate properly for a few months (which is part of the reason I stopped) but they've gotten much better now... Though I havn't tried a proper board sesh for a long time cos I'm lazy and so are the guys I used to skate with haha

Old 2007-01-29, 17:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8JDOWuLew

New video bitches check it out. Its just a teaser for hte new video.

its called Sick Coke.

And let me fucking tell you its going to be off the fucking wall. I recently saw a bunch of my friends video, and it was fucking nuts. This was a video they did like last year or 2 years ago.

Shit like 360 flip to manual to 180 outs. Kickflip back tails on barriers, kickflip backlips, there was an 11 set that was a 5 flat 6. (it was fucking huge), UBER amounts of badass switch and regular varial heelfips. In short it was sick.

This video will top that 10 fucking fold. I'm still recovering from that ankle blast, (i actually rolled it again like 4 days ago haha) but it won't be long. Granted the weather completely fucking blows here right now. Today its 10 degrees F outside with wind chill of bringing it to 0. Its snowing now and again, so its just fucking cold.

Anyways, i'm not nearly as tech as some of these guys are. I mean the kid that did like all those flip in tricks is just fucking sick. I've only seem him "fucking around" and its ridiculous. It just makes me want to go that much bigger so it kind of evens out haha.

I'm looking at kickflipping this double set. (5 flat 4) Maybe front boarding or 50-50ing this 13 stair handrail.. i got some ideas. Actually thinking about nosesliding this long doubleset handrail that is a Long 6 Long flat to another Long 6. I mean it doesn't seem that hard mostly because its fairly mellow, it just has length and i'm damn good at nosesliding kinks so..... i'll give it a shot.

Old 2007-01-29, 19:49
In_Flames
Metalhead

Damn where was this filmed, I swear I've seen some of the same places in Cky videos.

Old 2007-01-29, 20:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Flames
Damn where was this filmed, I swear I've seen some of the same places in Cky videos.

Some is at virginia tech, some is in fredericksburg virginia, one or 2 shots are in richmond, and i think a few tricks are in eastern north carolina

Old 2007-01-29, 21:29
In_Flames
Metalhead

Ah, I see.

Old 2007-01-30, 00:19
WakeTheDead
New Blood

Interesting video, tm. Especially whatever the hell that was, at the end where he just skids his tail down the stairs.

I've skated off and on for probably 6 years. I'm planning on getting back into it seriously this summer, seeing as though there are about 3 skateparks to choose from within a 10 mile radius of me. I can still do all my tricks I could do before (kickflips, shuvits, manuals, random stupid made up tricks, etc.). And I plan to tackle some tricks on the mini-ramp, as well (I've always sucked at vert).

Old 2007-01-30, 04:18
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeTheDead
Interesting video, tm. Especially whatever the hell that was, at the end where he just skids his tail down the stairs.

I've skated off and on for probably 6 years. I'm planning on getting back into it seriously this summer, seeing as though there are about 3 skateparks to choose from within a 10 mile radius of me. I can still do all my tricks I could do before (kickflips, shuvits, manuals, random stupid made up tricks, etc.). And I plan to tackle some tricks on the mini-ramp, as well (I've always sucked at vert).

Yeah i'm not good at ramps. I can "ride them" but i can't do much as far as tricks go, although i can treat them kinda like street and do like 360 flips on them but thats just cause i have those kinda flip tricks on lock on any terrain more or less.

Yeah thats called a firecracker. They've been getting pretty big over the last few years. I wouldn't dare try it. Besides its not for me. Although recently i've been thinking about learning it so i could do them then set up for another set of stairs quicker. Thehre are alot of really nice stair sets around here that i can't access because there is another set before it and not enough time to ollie, then set up then ollie the next one. So either i gotta go fast and coast over it then bust a quick ollie, or firecracker then ollie. I think the latter is the better option.

Old 2007-01-30, 06:26
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Tm you always over-exaggerate to the fuckhole. So many skaters do this, it pisses me the fuck off.
Quote:
It just makes me want to go that much bigger so it kind of evens out haha.

I'm looking at kickflipping this double set. (5 flat 4) Maybe front boarding or 50-50ing this 13 stair handrail.. i got some ideas. Actually thinking about nosesliding this long doubleset handrail that is a Long 6 Long flat to another Long 6. I mean it doesn't seem that hard mostly because its fairly mellow, it just has length and i'm damn good at nosesliding kinks so..... i'll give it a shot.

Ok. Post videos when you actually do those tricks.

Old 2007-01-30, 14:08
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Tm you always over-exaggerate to the fuckhole. So many skaters do this, it pisses me the fuck off.

Ok. Post videos when you actually do those tricks.

Wrong. You haven't skated with me ONCE. Man you just don't even know what hte fuck you are talking about. You claim you are "oh so awesome" but i haven't seen one fucking video from you. So?

That shit isn't even that big anyways. Its "big" but its not unreasonable. And don't worry i'll do the shit not out of spite of you just because thats what i do.

You are about hte most hater person out there i swear. You're just like all those other fucktards that ruin skateboarding. Why don't you stop bitching and go fucking skate.

Old 2007-01-30, 16:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Heck, I never thought I'd post in this thread, but this little guy was just on the news so I thought I'd share it with you. My apologies if it's already on here.
http://www.skateboardingbulldog.com/

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2007-01-30, 17:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Heck, I never thought I'd post in this thread, but this little guy was just on the news so I thought I'd share it with you. My apologies if it's already on here.
http://www.skateboardingbulldog.com/

That dog fucking rules. I've seen this before, but i watched a few more clips. Thats called mans best friend.

Old 2007-01-30, 18:41
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

When it's owner was on tv talking abouthe said he's loved it since he was a pup. He's chase the skateboarders and finally taught himself how to do. He'd ride 30 feet sometimes loving every minute.

I bet it's like a dog hanging it's head out of a car only without the windows in the way.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2007-01-30, 19:15
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
When it's owner was on tv talking abouthe said he's loved it since he was a pup. He's chase the skateboarders and finally taught himself how to do. He'd ride 30 feet sometimes loving every minute.

I bet it's like a dog hanging it's head out of a car only without the windows in the way.

I think the most badass part of it all is the dog turns where it wants to go and can coast down like small hills following the asphalt. thats bad fucking ass.

Old 2007-01-30, 21:51
WakeTheDead
New Blood

That dog is making his owner a few bucks, I'd say. I want to see it go vert!! Anyone remember that squirrel that could water ski, while being pulled by a remote controlled boat? ..now that's a show..

Old 2007-01-30, 23:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, I remember that. That was cool, too.

Old 2007-01-30, 23:28
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2007-01-31, 09:57
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Wrong. You haven't skated with me ONCE. Man you just don't even know what hte fuck you are talking about. You claim you are "oh so awesome" but i haven't seen one fucking video from you. So?

That shit isn't even that big anyways. Its "big" but its not unreasonable. And don't worry i'll do the shit not out of spite of you just because thats what i do.

You are about hte most hater person out there i swear. You're just like all those other fucktards that ruin skateboarding. Why don't you stop bitching and go fucking skate.

Wrong. You haven't skated with me ONCE. I have never claimed to be "oh so awesome", in fact I have stated many times that I am shit. Also, you have seen a video from me. The one of me stacking it down a vert ramp.

You are one of those who are more likely to ruin the spirit of skateboarding. One of those people, who do tricks to show superiority when someone more noob is going for it. Thanks for making it into a competition, I hope you get sponsored. Lets go skate for the sake of getting something filmed.

Last edited by problematic : 2007-01-31 at 09:59.

Old 2007-01-31, 15:40
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Wrong. You haven't skated with me ONCE. I have never claimed to be "oh so awesome", in fact I have stated many times that I am shit. Also, you have seen a video from me. The one of me stacking it down a vert ramp.

You are one of those who are more likely to ruin the spirit of skateboarding. One of those people, who do tricks to show superiority when someone more noob is going for it. Thanks for making it into a competition, I hope you get sponsored. Lets go skate for the sake of getting something filmed.

YA GOT ME. THATS WHAT I DO.

Dude since i've been posting in this thread you've got a complete stick stuck up your ass. Reading former posts. And yes, you did say EXACTLY the same kinda bullshit i said. I never said you said you were now.

Quote:
Too bad I don't live way the fuck out in America, I'd love to go skating with you. We're about at the same level too. But I don't really go for gnarly shit anymore. That's all I used to do. Simple tricks down big shit. After about 4 years of this torture, I gave up. Now all it will be is a F/S 180 down a 6 set max. Fuck man, you reminded me of all the good times I had with friends (who don't skate anymore ) and we'd just go down to the nearest 8 or grass gap and plug shit down it. Friends im with are pussy, have a whinge about little injuries. Those guys I used to go with were the shit.

Too bad I can't get some of the footage my old friends have of me, we'd all be doing nutters shit. Most dangerous trick I ever landed was a 50/50 on a small stone ( ) ledge, horizontally across 10 stairs, ollied off. Got that on cam too. Friends were burlier. 15 set handrails, 180's down long 10's, etc. Big cunts.However I still loved countless tricks such as b/s 180's down various long, high gaps, just like you were doing. Cool shit nigga.

Not to mention you've been talking shit since moment one too. "Oh you fall too much, oh you never land shit"
Dude i have landed or tried every fuckign thing i've posted on this. You're just a whiney cunt.

You're acting like some sort of fucking hero for the sport when you're the type that just puts everybody down and talks shit. YOU"RE the reason people stop skating. Because youre too fucking good to go out and ride with people if they're younger or if their better than you. you've already posted it like 3 times in this.

Then you started out of nowhere talking shit about pro skateboarders. You are so full of it you're ridiculous.

And also there is nothing wrong with getting shit filmed, because we know how many times i've attempted to get sponsored or my aspirations right? Oh yeah. zero.

Stop bringing just bullshit. If you've got nothing positive in this thread, why don't you stop coming. Bring your fucking beef with whatever the fuck you have somewhere else because its really annoying.

Otherwise shut the fuck up and go skate.

Old 2007-01-31, 23:08
metal=life
Post-whore

Skaters

I skate A LOT now days. I think the stress from my everyday life has built up enough to put my testosterone level through the roof. Its a good escape for when your pissed and stoned.

My tricks are kickflip, frontside 180 heels, tail and nose slides, 50-50, 5-0s, and workin' on 360 flips. Its all about goin big on street, not sittin' in one spot doin' the same trick for 3 hours.

I hate skaters though cause they bitch a lot.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-01-31, 23:56
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Skaters

I skate A LOT now days. I think the stress from my everyday life has built up enough to put my testosterone level through the roof. Its a good escape for when your pissed and stoned.

My tricks are kickflip, frontside 180 heels, tail and nose slides, 50-50, 5-0s, and workin' on 360 flips. Its all about goin big on street, not sittin' in one spot doin' the same trick for 3 hours.

I hate skaters though cause they bitch a lot.

Frontside heel flips are the shizzneto shit shits.

Man after a day like today i could only fucking agree with you more. Its the ULTIMATE in absolute release and relaxation. I think i honestly feel like i get away from things, and get away from them so much that its not too bad coming back to "reality."

Unforunately my foot is fucked up so i still gotta wait a lil longer. But i'll definately be back and i'll probably start taking it easy till my ankle gets back.

Damn tailslides... don't know why the hell i thought to start trying to build up a trick i'm not too good at when i'm in a transitional still hurt period.

Old 2007-02-01, 00:51
metal=life
Post-whore

Dude on the tailslides put your back toes on the heelside of the tail when you pop. It makes you do a scooping motion when you twist frontside. You probobly know that though, basic shit.

I get so much stress between work and social life that i get to a point and say fuck everyone and skate. If I slam I look at it like getting into a fight....get pissed and go harder.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-01, 01:00
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Dude on the tailslides put your back toes on the heelside of the tail when you pop. It makes you do a scooping motion when you twist frontside. You probobly know that though, basic shit.

I get so much stress between work and social life that i get to a point and say fuck everyone and skate. If I slam I look at it like getting into a fight....get pissed and go harder.

trust me i know how to do tailslides haha. That is EXACTLY the thing that took me fucking forever to figure out. (how easy it is to get the correct pop when you put your foot further back)

Bluntslides have comletely helped and pushed me to finally start learning tailslides after all these years. I just need to keep doing them to get better at em. Its just not a stock trick or something i should be doing when i'm coming back from an ankle injury 2 week prior haha.

Man i definately feel you. Back in the day i used to skate for fucking hours by myeslf and just allowed me alot of time to think about things. I don't dig the falls cause when i fall i fall fucking hard sometimes. Especially at the local small park. THis big box i always skate i've eaten shit twice really bad. Both times i hit my elbow when i had already hit it many times in the past. Also hit my face. Ouchers. Basically i would go up to try to nose grind it and i had waxed like the actual box part, for noseslides and front boards, well i would over jump the edging and hte wheels woudl just take off forward and it would just put me in a hairy situation that sucks.

I don't htink i'll nose grind the box for awhile, hell i even did that once on a 50-50. I'll stick with learning front noseslides on it.

There is this ledge i want to front noseslide so bad, its on a video i posted on here with me backnose sliding it. Its tall as shit. It'll look kick ass for the video, especially with the camera hella close up.

Old 2007-02-01, 01:12
metal=life
Post-whore

I just moved into this new duplex mnd theres this school down the street with two long ledges about 3 feet high and they curve arounmd...I fuckin soaked them in wax and thats my spot...theres a little 6 stair too thats cool when i'm really pissed. I landed a clean fronsde 180 down it last week.

Foot injuries are the worst..and ankle. I tried acid droping off this balcony into a living room at a party and fucked my foot up real bad...the shit was all purple and swollen like a fat kid the next day.

I think skatin' is like total mental shit...as far as brain will over physical capabilities cause when I skated all "hardcore" back in the day I was still deep down inside scared to fall. Nowdays I don't give a fuck. I love the slams...thats the best part

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-01, 01:15
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Oh no shit man. And for me it couldn't be more of a mental game. To the point where i'm almost ocd about my skating. For me to do or try almost anything i have to do like a list of shit in my head exactly in order or it doesn't feel right.

I've started shaking that kind of stuff off and i've definately improved as a result. Just one of those.... just say fuck it and do it. It helps. Hence why this kid i know whos 16 whose been skating for like 2 maybe 2.5 years is so fucking good. Hes just a pot head skater kid that just doesn't care haha.

Hes pretty damn good.

Old 2007-02-01, 01:22
metal=life
Post-whore

You got any tips on 360 flips?

I canbe kinda ocd on a board too cause I try a trick over and over again til I get it right...my moto is if you don't get it after 100 trys, you wernt ment to do it. By 100 I mean 100..I used to kickflip 100 times in a row just to get my pop improved...same thing with grinds/slides, 100 times in a row.

Unfortunatly my life is at an ultimate stress point due to job drama and living bullshit and here in Colorado we keep gettin freezing cold weather and blizzards on a weekly basis. Guess I got my geetar and schwag to release some stress

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-01, 01:27
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

yeah man 360s is about the most misunderstood trick. You really gotta watch people doing it and understand the fundamentals to do em.

Its ALL scoop near NO flip. Seriously with my fucked ankle how it is, i can still 360 flip but i can't even come close to trying a kickflip.

Basically you gotta put the ball of your back foot in the upper pocket of the board. Its a really weird setup when you first start trying it but you should be able to just stand on it and feel the... weight of your body putting the correct kind of pressure to where you can feel that you don't really have to do much to get it where it needs to go.

This is almost all a backfoot trick like i was saying. I put my left foot like... almost in an regular ollie or big kickflip position. (big being slow flipping, not tall)

I think 360 flips are hella related to impossibles, because since i've started doing impossibles it just feels so similar because of the backfoot action.

Old 2007-02-01, 01:38
metal=life
Post-whore

Yeah I understand the scooping part...My mistake is I've been trying to relate it to kickflip varials where you kick out with your front foot. But when I try to kick out on a 360f it fucks it all up. I'm gonna go smoke a cig and try it in my garage...which is heated. Outsides like fuckin' 2 degrees.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-01, 01:51
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Yeah I understand the scooping part...My mistake is I've been trying to relate it to kickflip varials where you kick out with your front foot. But when I try to kick out on a 360f it fucks it all up. I'm gonna go smoke a cig and try it in my garage...which is heated. Outsides like fuckin' 2 degrees.

no dear fucking god. Thats why i tell people chose one and stick with it. They're completely and totally different tricks. varial flips are basically shuv it kickflips and is probably much more kickflip oriented than 360 flips. Varial flips have minimal to no scoop its just all pop.

Old 2007-02-01, 01:57
metal=life
Post-whore

Goddamn I fell on my tailbone.

I was thinking "power scoop" with the back foot and it worked well.....especially riding fakie but I had too many brewskys and fell down.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-01, 02:55
WakeTheDead
New Blood

Quote:
Outsides like fuckin' 2 degrees.

I hear yah... I can't wait till this shitty weather warms up in the Windy City.

btw. How far/long can you guys manual? tail or nose. Mine are decent but still need to go a long ways to look like some Daewon Song type shit.

Last edited by WakeTheDead : 2007-02-01 at 02:58.

Old 2007-02-01, 03:50
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeTheDead
I hear yah... I can't wait till this shitty weather warms up in the Windy City.

btw. How far/long can you guys manual? tail or nose. Mine are decent but still need to go a long ways to look like some Daewon Song type shit.

I used to be good at nose manuals but i've given them up. Lately i've started being able to do manuals. (i'm refering to on stuff not flat land)

Flat land i can nose manual quite a ways, not really able to manual, weird how that is.

Yeah its fucking cold here. It snows every single day here. I bet its snowing right now. Or will be later.

Old 2007-02-01, 03:59
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Flat land i can nose manual quite a ways, not really able to manual, weird how that is.

That is weird...I used to be able(and still am able to an extent) to manual quite the distance..but only nose manual for a few seconds at a time.

You learned backwardz. LOL.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-02-01, 04:08
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
That is weird...I used to be able(and still am able to an extent) to manual quite the distance..but only nose manual for a few seconds at a time.

You learned backwardz. LOL.

Actually i used to be prettttty solid with nose manuals but what happens lately (i don't practice this shit thats why i'm not good at em) is when i ollie up and put the nose down, my trucks are like too lose or somethin but i always end up completely unable to keep the board from going like inward. I have no idea why it does it, hence why i dont' do them EVER anymore except on flat land.

As far as manuals go i gave up on them so fucking long ago and only lately have i started trying them again just because i can keep my balance better olling onto stuff and doing them. (Maybe thanks to the fact i do 5-0s all day every fucking day) Its just one of those tricks i went from never really doing to a stock trick in every sense of the word. Although this "stock" trick is what fucked my ankle last time....

Old 2007-02-01, 04:34
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
YA GOT ME. THATS WHAT I DO.

Dude since i've been posting in this thread you've got a complete stick stuck up your ass. Reading former posts. And yes, you did say EXACTLY the same kinda bullshit i said. I never said you said you were now.

Nah, I disagree, I was pretty truthful there, wasn't exaggerating at all, whereas you talk about getting fucking Noseblunts and other bulshit in many bulshit posts, and then on about fucking massive injuries such as "CRUSHED ANKLE LOLZ" then I see a picture of one of these horrific injuries and it just looks like a little fucking red/swollen area.

Quote:
Not to mention you've been talking shit since moment one too. "Oh you fall too much, oh you never land shit"
Dude i have landed or tried every fuckign thing i've posted on this. You're just a whiney cunt.

Both those quotes were jokes, to videos you make us watch where you actually don't roll away from anything.
Quote:
You're acting like some sort of fucking hero for the sport when you're the type that just puts everybody down and talks shit. YOU"RE the reason people stop skating. Because youre too fucking good to go out and ride with people if they're younger or if their better than you. you've already posted it like 3 times in this.

Then you started out of nowhere talking shit about pro skateboarders. You are so full of it you're ridiculous.

Ok Captain America, let's get patriotic here and let's start 'Skate-with-a-grom day', let's save the sport, man. I don't believe anyone has stopped skating directly from my actions. What exactly would skating with younger people do for the sport? In skateparks the younger kids who hang around older people are just there for smoke and alcohol connections, and the older guys try to avoid is as best as possible. I do not ride with people who are younger than me, but most of my friends are aeons ahead. Do you? You like riding 12 year olds?

Only pro skater I've talked shit about was Tony Hawk, to which you went "0h NOZE!!! LOLZ". He is gay. Eat my shit.
Quote:
And also there is nothing wrong with getting shit filmed, because we know how many times i've attempted to get sponsored or my aspirations right? Oh yeah. zero.

Lie, I remember you saying you and your friends were going to/ did send a skate tape into a skate shop and you didnt get it or something but will try again....No i'm not bringing up your fucking quotes from like 10 pages back. I, actually, have a life.
Quote:
Stop bringing just bullshit. If you've got nothing positive in this thread, why don't you stop coming. Bring your fucking beef with whatever the fuck you have somewhere else because its really annoying.

Otherwise shut the fuck up and go skate.

I'll stop bringing just bulshit. I'm sorry I came on this thread, as I have nothing positive in it. I'll bring my 'fucking beef' (but I prefer fucking horses!) with whatever the fuck I have somewhere else. It's just annoying, I know.

Ok, I'm off for a skate in complete silence. Not in spite of you, but because that's what I do.

Old 2007-02-01, 04:53
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Ok Captain America

That part was funny.

STOPZ 5h4 H@-3.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-02-01, 15:16
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

So you have a life? Yet you come on this board to continually repost larger and large arguements to mine? Please.

Quote:
ilence. Not in spite of you, but because that's what I do.

Total pwnage. I'll stop arguing cause its like arguing with a 12 year old. So anyways.

Old 2007-02-02, 01:44
metal=life
Post-whore

Quote:

I had a friend in Detroit like that. He did the longest nose manuals off of ledges but couldn't manual for shit.

I can manual (when goin real fast) for about 2 blocks. I did it down my street which is on a steep hill. Some times I can kickflip into a manual....when do I try to shuv-it out to make it look cooler.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken

Old 2007-02-02, 08:58
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
So you have a life? Yet you come on this board to continually repost larger and large arguements to mine? Please.

It looked big cause of all your shitty quotes.

Quote:
Total pwnage. I'll stop arguing cause its like arguing with a 12 year old. So anyways.

So you got pwned by a 12 year old? Pwned. Pwned.

Old 2007-02-02, 14:35
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
I had a friend in Detroit like that. He did the longest nose manuals off of ledges but couldn't manual for shit.

I can manual (when goin real fast) for about 2 blocks. I did it down my street which is on a steep hill. Some times I can kickflip into a manual....when do I try to shuv-it out to make it look cooler.

See like i used to be semi decient at nose manuals and what not (Because i practiced ALL the time) i used to do like kickflip in shuv outs and stuff. Also stuff like switch 180 manuals, i could probablys till do those, like nose manuals shuv to regular manuals.

But i eventually just stopped doing stuff like that. These kids i skate with..... don't even get me talkin about fucking manuals. I've seen some of hte sickest skating done by these kids i go to school with.

This kid i know (i knew he was prettyf ucking good) but i recently saw his video from last year and in it he was doin shit like 360 flip into manuals with 180 outs. He also like to do late switch 180s to manuals then like big spin outs and stuff. He can just do whatever he wants like seriously. Also in this video part he did like kickflip into backlipslides and back tailslides. Needless to say his video part blew me out of hte water. I can't wait to get filmin with him once it gets warmer.

Old 2007-02-02, 18:35
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Quote:

Ahhh a garage, I was wondering how the fuck you were skating with all this shattastic freezing fucking weather. Your back foot is god of the 360 flip, scoop that shit and see what happens, you know.

Old 2007-02-02, 18:48
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Ahhh a garage, I was wondering how the fuck you were skating with all this shattastic freezing fucking weather. Your back foot is god of the 360 flip, scoop that shit and see what happens, you know.

Its the hardest thing EVER to explain to somebody. Often times i tell people it'll just come don't force it too early. (people trying it after like 1 year or 2 years of skating) its an advanced trick. After years of experience its not hard to grasp how to scoop or manipulate a board a certain way to do tricks, it eventually becomes ust a matter of practicing tricks. you don't practice you lose em. Which absolutely sucks. I've lost more tricks than i know now. Even tricks that were stock.

Btw skating in a garage completey sucks. I guess its my nature to just .... go nearly full speed on every trick that theres no way i could do anything in a garage (especially standing still) every trick becomes exponentially harder i think the slower you go.

Old 2007-02-02, 19:05
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Not if you live in a mansion with a 75,000 square foot garage (1 garage for each of my 4 lambos, 2 hummers, and a partridge in my aston martin) I can get okay speeds using my custom escalator floor device that launches me on a specialy designed cradle for my board. But I can see how having a small garage would suck, just standing still and all, and pebbles brought in by cars that serve you at slow speeds.

Old 2007-02-02, 19:59
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

[QUOTE=tmfreakI guess its my nature to just .... go nearly full speed on every trick[/QUOTE]
sounds like a great way to learn new tricks...
haha! why would a trick get harder if you are going slow? if you really consider the physics of it, how does the speed at which the wheels are spinning have an effect on your footwork. fakie and nollie are only different because of the direction of your motion. my tricks were the same standing still, slow or fast.

i got another check in the mail, so im still considering getting a board.

Old 2007-02-02, 20:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
sounds like a great way to learn new tricks...
haha! why would a trick get harder if you are going slow? if you really consider the physics of it, how does the speed at which the wheels are spinning have an effect on your footwork. fakie and nollie are only different because of the direction of your motion. my tricks were the same standing still, slow or fast.

i got another check in the mail, so im still considering getting a board.

Speed most definately has alot of impact on the way you do tricks, its that forward momentum that keeps your tricks inline and going where they need to go. Especially the more experienced you get at skating. (as i see it)

I'm not saying i mach 10 on all my tricks, but i'm just saying with a little bit of speed it makes a big difference. This most definately includes grinds as well.

Also new tricks i go slightly slower but tahts on stuff like front tail slides... and thats about it. I dunno why do you think pros go gnarly fast even on small stuff? Just looking at that alone is good enough reason for me to go faster. Apparently pros skate loose trucks too, that is somethig i'll never get into. I've never been able to skate loose or mildly loose trucks, its a semi tight back truck and a looser front truck.

I'm not going to claim i know all about the physics about skating because its apparent its fairly complex, but there is definately more at play with speed than just "wheels rolling."

Old 2007-02-02, 20:16
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Speed most definately has alot of impact on the way you do tricks, its that forward momentum that keeps your tricks inline and going where they need to go. Especially the more experienced you get at skating. (as i see it)

I'm not saying i mach 10 on all my tricks, but i'm just saying with a little bit of speed it makes a big difference. This most definately includes grinds as well.

Also new tricks i go slightly slower but tahts on stuff like front tail slides... and thats about it. I dunno why do you think pros go gnarly fast even on small stuff? Just looking at that alone is good enough reason for me to go faster. Apparently pros skate loose trucks too, that is somethig i'll never get into. I've never been able to skate loose or mildly loose trucks, its a semi tight back truck and a looser front truck.

I'm not going to claim i know all about the physics about skating because its apparent its fairly complex, but there is definately more at play with speed than just "wheels rolling."

oh man, grinding was my favorite part, so i know all about the speed involved. but i was only talking about flip tricks.

you know, it could be different for lots of people. personally, i would learn many tricks on carpet, or grass before i took it to concrete and motion. i looked at it more as the stepping stones to learning the trick. and thats probably where our two views clash. but wether i was going a moderate speed, or fast, had no impact on my ability to stick the tricks.

Old 2007-02-02, 23:02
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
oh man, grinding was my favorite part, so i know all about the speed involved. but i was only talking about flip tricks.

you know, it could be different for lots of people. personally, i would learn many tricks on carpet, or grass before i took it to concrete and motion. i looked at it more as the stepping stones to learning the trick. and thats probably where our two views clash. but wether i was going a moderate speed, or fast, had no impact on my ability to stick the tricks.

To each his own.

I'll tell you what though grinds it makes such a difference. This kid at the park was really.... i don't know what word i'm looking for.. maybe confusing me why he thought he could boardslide the "handrail" when he was going like 1 mile an hour.. and he could BARELY do the shit on this small square rail thats on the ground. i'm liek dude why are you trying to fucking run before you can crawl?

I was like boardslide that rail, (the one on the ground) and he went up to it slow as hell, tried it didn't come even close so i was like.. so does that make any fucking sense that you're trying it on that if you can't even do it on some piddly tiny rail?

I kinda wish i wouldn't have said anythign he was bound to get hurt and it would have been funny. This other kid was trying it with him (same stupidity) and ended up racking himself like a moron.

I don't make fun of people trying shit and getting hurt, i only make fun of them if there is clearly no way POSSIBLE they can do it and they're just being so stupid by trying it. Kinda following the conversation we were talking about with 360 flips, why learn 360 flips BEFORE you can even kickflip? i mean come on.

No sympathy.

Old 2007-02-03, 04:57
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Some of the more complicated flip tricks and other advanced techniques can't be practiced standing still, for instance in grass or carpet. I find it crazy, most people that I know (most kids just getting out of highschool, one already competing in pro events) skate really loose trucks and hit all there tricks going fast or doin' it off big things, I guess loose trucks can really help your maneuverability if you develop really good balance and technique, and after a while you start trying the more challenging things (like going fast and big).

Old 2007-02-03, 05:19
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Some of the more complicated flip tricks and other advanced techniques can't be practiced standing still, for instance in grass or carpet. I find it crazy, most people that I know (most kids just getting out of highschool, one already competing in pro events) skate really loose trucks and hit all there tricks going fast or doin' it off big things, I guess loose trucks can really help your maneuverability if you develop really good balance and technique, and after a while you start trying the more challenging things (like going fast and big).

I really just don't understand the loose trucks things. Especially as it relates to flip tricks. I can't on the board without it leaning one way or hte other. It also appears that when you have looser trucks you can come out of shit and ride away with a much higher probability of success than with tighter trucks. That seems to me to be the biggest advantage.

Speed is just the shit period. It just really helps you flow in my opinion, it keeps that forward momentum that brings you from one place to another. Not to mention when you hit gaps and what not at super speeds its nice. I think also when you go faster you gain confidence in your abilities and probably tend to mess up less. But this is purely observation.

Old 2007-03-21, 14:50
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Here it is. Me trying this big ass double set. Its a 5 set and a 4 set. I tried it 9 times and fucked my hip upppp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwOmCX7IT4

Old 2007-03-22, 04:33
WakeTheDead
New Blood

Quote:
Here it is. Me trying this big ass double set. Its a 5 set and a 4 set. I tried it 9 times and fucked my hip upppp.

..ouch.. it looked like u had it a couple of times. Were there rocks or something on the sidewalk? You may of just landed off balance.

Good Job though. persistence.

Old 2007-03-22, 05:14
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

I suggest (to any skater, really) taking Jujitsu so you can learn to take falls smoothly. Would be wise in the long run, I think... just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-03-22, 05:30
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:

Nice... I know that feeling all too well. The feeling of falling on your hip, several times, in the same fucking spot, over and over, and the next day a crazy bruise with all the veins showing appears. Some looked pretty bad, and it wasn't your hip in the end that finished you, but fair go.

Me himself: It's not like that. Hitting high stuff usually means you're concentrating on technique more, rather than setting youself up for the impact. Of course, you're supposed to bend your knees nicely to take impact, but most of the time you fall on your ass, knees, elbows or hips from continual momentum when the board and you just stop on impact. I hate them. Which is why Jamie Thomas has cajones. Some more on that here.

Old 2007-03-22, 05:52
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Well it wouldn't hurt (pun intended, hehe) to learn it anyway... at some point, taking falls smoothly would become second nature, and thus not interfere with the actual trick.

...and holy shit these guys are out of their minds. I remember that level from THPS2.. ah reminiscence.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-03-22, 13:29
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Nice... I know that feeling all too well. The feeling of falling on your hip, several times, in the same fucking spot, over and over, and the next day a crazy bruise with all the veins showing appears. Some looked pretty bad, and it wasn't your hip in the end that finished you, but fair go.

Me himself: It's not like that. Hitting high stuff usually means you're concentrating on technique more, rather than setting youself up for the impact. Of course, you're supposed to bend your knees nicely to take impact, but most of the time you fall on your ass, knees, elbows or hips from continual momentum when the board and you just stop on impact. I hate them. Which is why Jamie Thomas has cajones. Some more on that here.

Yeah its ridiculous. I'm now wondering how i'm going to get my 80 pound amp into my car for band practice on saturday.. ha

My only thing about this, is after i did this i was sitting there analyzing the whole thing. Pros do this kind of shit on a daily fucking basis. Oh let me 360 flip this.. hardflip it and so on. They fall too, they aren't oh so amazingly perfect.

How the hell do they continue to go on? And they do much bigger stuff usually. Maybe they have the same pain and spend alot of time recovering. That or there must be a softer way to bail. I dunno my thing is i just almost always go for it and try to make shit work, so even if its a shitty try i'm going down with the ship.

Old 2007-03-22, 19:14
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

Would you be offended if I told you that was the funniest shit I've seen this year? I laughed so hard I literally had to cover my mouth to prevent my food from being spat out. I really loved how each fall was uniquely entertaining.

Seriously, if your DVD is full of stuff like that then I'd definitely buy it.

Old 2007-03-22, 19:18
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me himself
I suggest (to any skater, really) taking Jujitsu so you can learn to take falls smoothly. Would be wise in the long run, I think... just a thought.

Jiu-Jitsu break falls don't make you fall any less hard when you're thrown off a skateboard.

Old 2007-03-22, 19:40
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah its ridiculous. I'm now wondering how i'm going to get my 80 pound amp into my car for band practice on saturday.. ha

My only thing about this, is after i did this i was sitting there analyzing the whole thing. Pros do this kind of shit on a daily fucking basis. Oh let me 360 flip this.. hardflip it and so on. They fall too, they aren't oh so amazingly perfect.

How the hell do they continue to go on? And they do much bigger stuff usually. Maybe they have the same pain and spend alot of time recovering. That or there must be a softer way to bail. I dunno my thing is i just almost always go for it and try to make shit work, so even if its a shitty try i'm going down with the ship.

wear protection man, or is that tHe GaYoRzZ?

Old 2007-03-22, 20:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
wear protection man, or is that tHe GaYoRzZ?

Watch the video again and notice the left wrist guard.

I DO! Its the only part of my body that came out unscathed.. haha

Old 2007-03-23, 04:20
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Jiu-Jitsu break falls don't make you fall any less hard when you're thrown off a skateboard.

A lot of it is rolling out of falls and being able to get up unharmed. Just seeing tmfreak have so many rough falls made me think how much you could reduce that pain and danger by learning to roll correctly. Just an idea...
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-03-23, 14:49
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
A lot of it is rolling out of falls and being able to get up unharmed. Just seeing tmfreak have so many rough falls made me think how much you could reduce that pain and danger by learning to roll correctly. Just an idea...

Let me put this in perspective. The amount of time it takes for one to come down touch the ground then realize its not going to work tot he point of impact is so small that the way i was bailing IS the correct way to bail (for the most part).

My biggest problem is not taking enough of the absorption right off the bat when hitting with my legs. Next time i try it i'll let my legs take alot more of the impact before i get booted from the board.

Old 2007-03-23, 17:08
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Let me put this in perspective. The amount of time it takes for one to come down touch the ground then realize its not going to work tot he point of impact is so small that the way i was bailing IS the correct way to bail (for the most part).

My biggest problem is not taking enough of the absorption right off the bat when hitting with my legs. Next time i try it i'll let my legs take alot more of the impact before i get booted from the board.

All I meant was that it would become second nature to fall a certain way. Like say someone who takes jiu jitsu tripped down a set of stairs or something, I'm sure that that impulse to roll smoothly would come into play automatically... it could even be what parts you from life and death in some cases... and I don't mean to make things sound more dangerous than they really are but you never know.
Quote:
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2007-03-23, 18:15
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
All I meant was that it would become second nature to fall a certain way. Like say someone who takes jiu jitsu tripped down a set of stairs or something, I'm sure that that impulse to roll smoothly would come into play automatically... it could even be what parts you from life and death in some cases... and I don't mean to make things sound more dangerous than they really are but you never know.

Trust me after 8 years of skateboarding you learn how to fall second nature haha.

But i know what you're suggesting, i dunno it "could help" but i dont' think in jiujitsu they teach you how to roll while moving at like 15 miles an hour and falling off a skateboard haha.

Old 2007-03-23, 20:52
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Ah... holy fucking crap. I got to about the ollie stage, barely, and gave up because I was sick of running into pebbles and fucking myself up. So fuck skating. I DO respect you guys though. Good shit.

Last edited by belphegor79 : 2007-03-23 at 20:55.

Old 2007-03-23, 23:54
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by belphegor79
Ah... holy fucking crap. I got to about the ollie stage, barely, and gave up because I was sick of running into pebbles and fucking myself up. So fuck skating. I DO respect you guys though. Good shit.

whats funny is you would think years of skating would prevent that, but i must say thats one fucking thing that never goes away and it gets really ... really old.

Old 2007-03-25, 08:55
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
whats funny is you would think years of skating would prevent that, but i must say thats one fucking thing that never goes away and it gets really ... really old.

...and embarrassing. Especially in crowded/city areas where lots of people are around, and you have to run after your board like a frenzied idiot so it doesn't go on the road. Especially when you're as tall as me, but you look even worse.

Old 2007-03-25, 18:09
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
...and embarrassing. Especially in crowded/city areas where lots of people are around, and you have to run after your board like a frenzied idiot so it doesn't go on the road. Especially when you're as tall as me, but you look even worse.

Isn't that the truth. Rollin along... no cares not paying attention really then out of nowhere you get tossed like a fucking ragdoll.

The only time usually nowadays that i hit em is like right when i'm gonna start pushing to go try something. I'll set my board down take like one good push and just fall flat on my face.

Old 2007-04-01, 02:29
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

hey guys. i got a board. blank deck with my favorite trucks ever, KRUX!!! its got thin blue paint, to where you can see the wood patterns. Krux black hanger, this time around. i used to always get the mirror, and before that was the original. had the black base, at one point, but always thought the black hanger was sweet. yeah so, ATM wheels, reds bearings, and some random risers, i think their Lucky. shortys hardware. random grip.

now im going to have to worry about fucking up shoes again LOZ!

honestly, i dont plan on getting too into this again, but i DO plan on making a sweet, and i mean fucking SWEET rail. i hope that happens. i dont know if i can get into big gaps again, that shit takes some serious time and effort, or just a bit of crazy, either way, not really what i have in mind. i love long ass grinds/slides, so i really want a rail thats somewhere around 20 feet long. thats where i have the most fun anyway. more on that, later.

Old 2007-04-01, 02:39
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Awesome job Treyz. I hope you get great use from it!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-04-01, 19:46
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
hey guys. i got a board. blank deck with my favorite trucks ever, KRUX!!! its got thin blue paint, to where you can see the wood patterns. Krux black hanger, this time around. i used to always get the mirror, and before that was the original. had the black base, at one point, but always thought the black hanger was sweet. yeah so, ATM wheels, reds bearings, and some random risers, i think their Lucky. shortys hardware. random grip.

now im going to have to worry about fucking up shoes again LOZ!

honestly, i dont plan on getting too into this again, but i DO plan on making a sweet, and i mean fucking SWEET rail. i hope that happens. i dont know if i can get into big gaps again, that shit takes some serious time and effort, or just a bit of crazy, either way, not really what i have in mind. i love long ass grinds/slides, so i really want a rail thats somewhere around 20 feet long. thats where i have the most fun anyway. more on that, later.

Thats cool man. yeah its a nice hobby/release to have. Just riding around and doing tricks.

There is something "fun" about doing big stuff, but overall it definitely doesn't make skateboarding in my opinion. Its all the hanging out with friendns and just skating a spot or whatever.

Old 2007-04-03, 04:48
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

had a crazy bail today. for some reason i dont get a pop, around 30% of the time, and its fucking up my tricks. although it is only my 3rd day back, after years without. oh, but the bail. we set up this metal box and i was just trying to get on 50/50s. it was a little over knee high, which is giving me trouble, at this point. my board just fucked up and i did half a side flip and landed directly with my back on the box, then i bounced off and landed on my back. i was sort of curled up, so my back did do that awkward back breaking position. somewhere in the mix, it seems as though my finger did. hah. and its a damn good thing this ledge wasnt a rail.

edit: i just walked to the kitchen. fuck! i am sore. its been a while for exercise, haha

Last edited by timedragon : 2007-04-03 at 05:45.

Old 2007-04-03, 19:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
had a crazy bail today. for some reason i dont get a pop, around 30% of the time, and its fucking up my tricks. although it is only my 3rd day back, after years without. oh, but the bail. we set up this metal box and i was just trying to get on 50/50s. it was a little over knee high, which is giving me trouble, at this point. my board just fucked up and i did half a side flip and landed directly with my back on the box, then i bounced off and landed on my back. i was sort of curled up, so my back did do that awkward back breaking position. somewhere in the mix, it seems as though my finger did. hah. and its a damn good thing this ledge wasnt a rail.

edit: i just walked to the kitchen. fuck! i am sore. its been a while for exercise, haha

haha i feel your pain.... i feel your pain. I definitely fall way more than other people, but its generally because i go extremely fast (incomparison to most). And i do alot of sticking it. I figure i'll get hurt less if i attempt to bail more so thats why i almost always "go down with the sinking ship" haha.

Sounds like a fun bail, been there and done that quite a few times on this box at the local park. Its really long so when you fuck up at the beginning you're bound to hit the end of it.

Old 2007-04-03, 19:13
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
haha i feel your pain.... i feel your pain. I definitely fall way more than other people, but its generally because i go extremely fast (incomparison to most). And i do alot of sticking it. I figure i'll get hurt less if i attempt to bail more so thats why i almost always "go down with the sinking ship" haha.

Sounds like a fun bail, been there and done that quite a few times on this box at the local park. Its really long so when you fuck up at the beginning you're bound to hit the end of it.

christ, i guess you caught that it was a typo when i said my back "did" do that breaking thing, when i meant it fucking DIDNT! such an evil typo.

Old 2007-04-04, 02:34
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
christ, i guess you caught that it was a typo when i said my back "did" do that breaking thing, when i meant it fucking DIDNT! such an evil typo.

hahah nice.

Well i know hwat you mean a little better now. Yeah not too long ago i had a real nasty bail at this park in the middle of nowhere VA. It was like this ledge thing that was over waist high (from the ground) but it has a fly box that runs along it so you can hit it. Well it fucked up on a noseslide it went over the ledge i LUCKILY landed on my inner leg instead of my nuts, fell backwards off the ledge and landed on the mid/upper back. It fucking hurt pretty bad.

Old 2007-04-04, 04:13
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
hahah nice.

Well i know hwat you mean a little better now. Yeah not too long ago i had a real nasty bail at this park in the middle of nowhere VA. It was like this ledge thing that was over waist high (from the ground) but it has a fly box that runs along it so you can hit it. Well it fucked up on a noseslide it went over the ledge i LUCKILY landed on my inner leg instead of my nuts, fell backwards off the ledge and landed on the mid/upper back. It fucking hurt pretty bad.

shit, man. haha, that sounds like a hard one.

i didnt even skate today. i told my friend i was sore from the past 3 days of skating. he skates all the time, but he said he was sore too, but he said it as a surprise, because he does it all the time. but he fell a shitload, so thats probably why.

Old 2007-04-04, 11:10
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
shit, man. haha, that sounds like a hard one.

i didnt even skate today. i told my friend i was sore from the past 3 days of skating. he skates all the time, but he said he was sore too, but he said it as a surprise, because he does it all the time. but he fell a shitload, so thats probably why.

I definitely get sore quite a bit from skating for that reason haha. Hell Monday was my first day out since tuesday of like 2 weeks ago from that double set. Still have one of the big black bruises. Luckily that one doens't hurt.

Old 2007-04-14, 12:55
Theoldman
Post-whore

I was just skating for the first time in like 2 years. Damn I suck. I was so proud of myself when I got nollie flip.