Password

Old 2006-02-18, 23:20
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
So you would go along with them right?

My previous post would, cock hoover.

I would, of course, be required to stay and walk the Earth spitting truth like bullets and crushing lesser men.

Metallica should have changed their name to the Hetfield Alternative Experiment for Load, and none of this stupidity would ever have happened.

I am not posting again in this thread. I wish you all teh gayz.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2006-02-19, 03:41
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
I'll post! I hope they bring back a bit of what they lost... "the edge." Bringing solos back are a start. I'm hoping for the best, but it's not looking good.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2006-02-19, 04:31
Pirate Lawd

I actually love Metallica's music. All of it, and that is why I'm looking forward to what is next.

I hope they just do what they want and really put themself into it and have enough time to make it just how they like it. St. Anger was just a raw reflection of the core of Metallica imo, but still required a lot of work ( prehaps their hardest work as a band ). They had to prove that they were still a band and it got rushed but its still 100% Metallica energy no mater how poor it may have seemed. I didn't like it much either but there was much more between the notes then I first seen. I'm really not as upset as most with Metallica and their music the last 10 years. It has changed, I agree, but I believe I know why they made the music they did. It still hit a nerve in me that I liked even if it isn't as fast or technically mind blowing. It has become a fad to like old Metallica and bash the living hell out of the new without even listening or thinking about what is really there. Most people just fall into place when someone brings up Metallica and 99% just say, "I like old Metallica. The new stuff sucks!" without any reason. Then most just jump up in line with the others without even thinking. Thats dangerous behavior imo. There are parts of them that we have seen in the music that we may not all like. They are older and there lives have changed. Let them be artist. They always make an effort to make the music they want to share the most.
Old 2006-02-19, 05:15
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to the lamb
i really want to know what they come up with next
i mean there are a lot of bands who have a really good start and then fall prey to trends.
but when it is a genre defining band ...its just sad
anyhow hope they read a little of metaltabs posts everyday and go back to their roots.

but even if they do come up with some good shit i dont think they would ever get the same respect that they used to...in the good old days
Old 2006-02-19, 05:24
Jono

Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
It would be cool if they made another album like the good ol' days.
Old 2006-02-19, 05:54
Senior Metalhead

as long as hammet starts playing solos again its all good ... at least if he doesnt abuse wah.

and btw they will never come up with a 2nd justice. best thing you can expect is something like disappear or reload stuff which is ok in my opinion.

Old 2006-02-19, 05:59
Pirate Lawd

We change our entire lives. Not so much change completely, but add and learn things that modify who we are. Metallica is no different. There is no point in remaking and reliving the same music you made on another album ( which is why REload kinda pissed me off ). There will never be another justice, masters, or lightening album. They are each a single work of art. You can proform them like the week it came out but never make another.

I would very much like Metallica to bring the whole strengths of their career into one compilation of music. Not just seperate different stages of Metallica into different songs ( like a best hits ) but combine it all into an entire composite album. One badass album that spans the entire ideal of 20+ years that Metallica has had. That would be hard work but also the best of the best. Metallica knows who they are and what they can and have done better then we do.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-02-19 at 06:01.
Old 2006-02-19, 06:45
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Stanger is not 100% Metallica energy. It's dishonest down to every detail. They have no idea how to write music or be a band anymore but refuse to stop. If the album itself didn't show that, the documentary of it sure as hell did. It was like a movie all about what not to do if you want to work as a band. And, unsurprisingly, the album this non-band made was terrible, with a few good riffs.

This will end badly. Rick Rubin will be able to give them dirty production that isn't just deliberately shit, but he can't force them to man up and write good music, especially while they're paying his salary.

Oh, and anybody who heard some of Kirk's lead shit during Some Kind of Monster should know that the decision to get rid of his leads was a good one. If they'd just gotten rid of the rest of the instruments they may have had something.
Old 2006-02-19, 08:38
Post-whore

I'm curious to hear it, but I doubt it will be any good.

It's not solos they need, it's good riffs.
Old 2006-02-19, 09:41
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
im actually curious about seeing them this summer, but damn those prices
Old 2006-02-19, 09:44
Metalhead

Rubin? As long as Bob Rock is out of the picture they still have a chance to redeem themselves, though im not getting my hopes up just yet.
Old 2006-02-19, 10:04
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
This will end badly. Rick Rubin will be able to give them dirty production that isn't just deliberately shit, but he can't force them to man up and write good music, especially while they're paying his salary.

Oh, and anybody who heard some of Kirk's lead shit during Some Kind of Monster should know that the decision to get rid of his leads was a good one. If they'd just gotten rid of the rest of the instruments they may have had something.

If I'm not mistaken, the previous albums were laid out and damn near WRITTEN by Bob Rock. And Rick Rubin is more of a "take no shit" guy, so if he doesn't like it, I'm sure he's gonna disreguard the money that he is being paid, and grow a set of balls.

And yes, Soul, I know what you mean about it being fadish to bash on Metallica. Like I said though, Load and Reload had their moments, and really good songs, but it just wasn't "Metallica." Don't get me wrong, hearing the same crap from a band over and over again is boring. I'm not expecting them to redo their Kill Em' All days. I'd like something resembling another "Justice," if only a halfassed version.

Awesome.
Old 2006-02-19, 11:06
Senior Metalhead

oh god, not more metalicca, if i were to be optimistic i would hope this album to be totally shite, (st. anger being uber uber totally uber shite).

i mean this album could be ok but as dissection said judging on the current trends in music it cant be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin
Old 2006-02-19, 11:13
Metalhead

I wonder if they asked Suecof?

Back in the day i hear Lars used to enjoy getting a Suecof Jason
Old 2006-02-19, 11:20
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to rabbifoodslicer Send a message via MSN to rabbifoodslicer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
im actually curious about seeing them this summer, but damn those prices

i saw them about a year or two ago..my dad won 4 tickets to the st. anger tour over the radio. a stretch hummer picked us up and we had 5th row seats. their more recent shit was so fucken corny when they introduced it "lets release the anger together!!!!!" .....and they played it like shit, but other than that, godsmack opened up for them and they had a better show the metalica. kind of pathetic
Old 2006-02-20, 02:16
Senior Metalhead

It doesnt matter what producer they have! They are so far gone that nothing on this earth can save them from making another horrible record. But if your into "yuppie-metal" then you should love it!

RIVERS OF GORE
Old 2006-02-20, 10:59
Post-whore

thank you the black albulm sucked ass. end of story

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!
Old 2006-02-21, 17:40
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Stanger is not 100% Metallica energy. It's dishonest down to every detail. They have no idea how to write music or be a band anymore but refuse to stop. If the album itself didn't show that, the documentary of it sure as hell did. It was like a movie all about what not to do if you want to work as a band. And, unsurprisingly, the album this non-band made was terrible, with a few good riffs.

not right. his leads on st anger suck ass cuz hes kept down all the time. "no solos and almost no leads" was for sure not his descision. he was and still is a badass solo player but he needs to be pushed. and you see it on load and reaload that this guitarist does not get the feedback from the band he should have get. thats porlly why hes overusing wah and shit. he has no place in the band anymore. watch his leads on kill em till justice. metallica would be nothing but shit without him. imagine st anger witchout him ... no problem ... thats why his leads suck ass.

Old 2006-02-21, 18:07
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They never gave him feedback about his leads. Didn't you hear them describe the old Metallica songwriting process? It basically let everybody grab onto one thing that was his and about which nobody else was able to comment. Kirk's leads lately have sucked because his idea of how to construct a lead have changed, actually have changed concommitantly with how Metallica's idea of how to construct a song have. His leads on St. Anger sucked because he broke the chain of creativity a long time ago and has just been running in circles in the pentatonic box since. You can be very creative just in that box, but not if you're Kirk Hammet. He doesn't know what to do anymore, and so his leads suck. Even if the band were supportive of him, they'd suck.

It's funny, though, since his argument to keep leads was actually a good one. Unfortunately the leads he was arguing to keep were crap.
Old 2006-02-22, 13:45
Post-whore

I gave up on them after the self titled album.