Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password

Old 2006-03-03, 10:40
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Send a message via MSN to Robbie Filth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
What songs do they perform live ? Pretty much whats on Lamentations?(and im guessing Ghost Reveries now)

Why cant they play their old stuff, fuck it!

Nah man lamentations is not a good example of opeth live they play loads of old stuff all the way back to orchid.

I've seen them live twice and the only song they missed which i thought would be good live was advent.
Old 2006-03-03, 12:14
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to rabbifoodslicer Send a message via MSN to rabbifoodslicer
owwwwwwwwww... well for those of you who cared i saw opeth last night and here is the set list for the "cronology" sets

Under the Weeping Moon
Night and the Silent Water
The Amen Corner
White Cluster
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Windopane
Closure
Ghosts of Predition
Baying of the Hounds
The Grand Conjuration
Deamon of the Fall (encore)

oh and they had a limited shirt for the 3 shows heres some pics
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...66/S3600002.jpg
close up http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...66/S3600001.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...66/S3600003.jpg
close up http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...66/S3600004.jpg
Old 2006-03-19, 04:20
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
Hey all!

I just got in from the Opeth/Dark Tranquility/Devil Driver.... all I have to say is....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

That is one of the baddest concerts I've ever been to. I've never been so inspired in my entire life. I was literally (no joke) 1 foot from the front of the stage (which is very small as it is) and rocked with all 3 bands on a personal level. I got a pick from Peter of Opeth. I was only 1 of 2 that got one. He was with me when I was there jamming my fucking brains out to the fucking heaviest catchest of shit. It's crazy... that's kind of communication you have with a artist when you see them live and your feeling it so much... they actually feel you feeling it and in turn surge off it. It was like that the whole night. The bands came and played at a small hole in the wall club, so I got to get up close and personal. I never really experienced Opeth deeply and actually sat there and listened to the music. I've never been so blown away from my dynamics in music in my life. They get so heavy and clean, like this excellent fusion of death metal style with like a progressive softer style rock. I love how their not all about trying to play the fastest shit and slurring as many notes and scales in a piece as you can. Hell, even some of their coolest melodies are the simpliest things technique and difficulty wise. It's really amazing to not only witness but take part in the masterminds at work. Opeth is a phenonomenal band and with a unique sound and style all together. They have totally changed my mindset about metal, progressive music, playing style and difficulty, and made me look on how I go about creating and composing music. Check it, I even got to talk to the whole band of Dark Tranquility. I actually got to sit down with em and talk to em. I got all their autographs and even had a killer in depth conversation with the drummer, who I might add is the fucking coolest guy you will ever meet. I have a pretty good judge of character and I know he was truly one of the most sincere not only musicians (famous at that fact) but just as an individual. He told me he's really inspired by drummers like portnoy, roddy, joey jordison, and the drummer from nile (who actually I don't know his name). He told me all about his kit which is yahama drums, sabian AA cymbals for the crashes and ride, and zildjian for the splashes and effects. He was really so fucking cool. I gotta ramble on about him cause I was truly shocked about how he talked and treated me like an individual. He even told me that if he would have met me before the show, we would have got me a seat right behind his fucking kit on stage. This was a HUGE milestone in my musical career. Thought I'd share this revolution with all of you. Feel free to tell me your experiences.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Last edited by davie_gravy : 2006-03-19 at 05:09.
Old 2006-03-19, 15:09
Post-whore

Dammit you bitch, I wanted to go.... . So what did Opeth's setlist consist of, and how long was it roughly?
Old 2006-03-19, 19:31
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to rabbifoodslicer Send a message via MSN to rabbifoodslicer
damn i know exactly what you mean about opeth (being a huge fan and all) but when you see them live you really feel apart of the whole show and they connect with you so well. thats awesome about DT and you are a bastard for getting that experience
Old 2006-03-20, 00:09
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Dammit you bitch, I wanted to go.... . So what did Opeth's setlist consist of, and how long was it roughly?

In all truth and reality, I never really listened to Opeth much prior to the concert so I'm not very familiar with the song titles. The few titles I knew they played were...

Reverie
Ghost of Perdition
and Deliverance

They jammed for 2.5 hours. They really enjoyed playing that gig. They got a good response from the crowd. Someone told me the drummer last night wasn't even Opeth's drummer, that it was the drummer for Bloodbath. Well. Bloodbath has one of the baddest fucking drummers I've ever witnessed in my life. That dude was truly fucking amazing!

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2006-03-20, 00:38
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
In all truth and reality, I never really listened to Opeth much prior to the concert so I'm not very familiar with the song titles. The few titles I knew they played were...

Reverie
Ghost of Perdition
and Deliverance

They jammed for 2.5 hours. They really enjoyed playing that gig. They got a good response from the crowd. Someone told me the drummer last night wasn't even Opeth's drummer, that it was the drummer for Bloodbath. Well. Bloodbath has one of the baddest fucking drummers I've ever witnessed in my life. That dude was truly fucking amazing!

wow 2.5 hours, so what, that's like roughly 13-14 songs, sweet. Bloodbath drumming is insane, but the real Martin Lopez is like Jesus on drums.
Old 2006-03-20, 18:18
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
wow 2.5 hours, so what, that's like roughly 13-14 songs, sweet. Bloodbath drumming is insane, but the real Martin Lopez is like Jesus on drums.

haha jesus on drums...yeah thats about right

and does bloodbath drummer=witchery drummer?
Old 2006-03-25, 21:51
Post-whore

So are they coming to Texas?
Old 2006-03-25, 23:42
Post-whore

Come to me Opeth come to me
Old 2006-03-25, 23:43
HES BAAACK

thats creepy
Old 2006-03-25, 23:47
Post-whore

just a little