MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical
User Name
Password

Old 2006-01-13, 22:23
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
shit, I gotta get writing. Right now I'm more preocupied (sp?) on the music, writing guitar riffs, playing with my voice haha, but I should get to writing some songs lyric-wise. too bad I suck ass. haha

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-01-14, 08:33
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Well, maybe that's just the part of the wave you're in right now or maybe you're like me and do one thing better than the other. I'm not very good on guitar, but I think my lyrics can be pretty cool sometimes. I still try to pick up the guitar more than I was and it's helped, but I do that because of encouragement I've gotten from other people. Give writing a shot sometime and post at this forum or pm me or one of your friends here to read it. I didn't write for years because I didn't think it was very good and the "audience" that read didn't seem too enthused, but once I found peers that made a huge difference and I learned to perfect it more. It doesn't hurt to try.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2006-01-14, 17:55
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
I'll do that. I have tried out a few times, some responses were good, alot bad, haha.. but I'll keep trying for sure. The last piece I wrote was an extremely not to be taken seriously emo-murder song, but I didn't bother putting that up on here

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2006-01-14, 21:09
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Well, if it's something you might want to use and you'd like to improve on it, post it with those intentions in the thread and we'll see what we can do with it --or tell you it sucks beyond belief.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2006-01-20, 09:11
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It happened again this year. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6844817/

Happy b-day Edgar!
I bet he'd have been a goth/metalhead.

Old 2006-01-23, 22:22
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
This is an intresting topic. I often times feel that i get writers block. But i absolutly nowadays get Guitar composing block..

I'm in such a rut right now its so ridiculous. I pumped out like 17 hella quality, original songs.. and i can't come up with anything. And when i do.. i basically get bored cause it took me so long to come up with 1 riff that i'll just put it down.. and thast the end of that.

But anyways about lyrics. I dunno I write when i'm sitting in class or at night. I write the best when i've had a few beers haha. but thats i guess a common thing. If i come up with a block... very often what happens to ge tme out.. is i'll listen to a song and it will get stuck in my head.. (like a very good song.) And.. the mood from that song will literally force me to come up with something. (not so much the rhythm or how the lyrics are in that song) but just my interpretations of the overall sound and the feelings involked from the music.

Shit i wrote 2 "songs" or "poems" today off one song.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-01-24, 07:46
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

As far as writing a lot and then not being able to get much I think that I get mentally exhausted after a high point like that. Everything has rhythms and I think that's like the crash of the wave when a tide hits the beach. You have to wait for the water to receed and build up it's strength again. After I wrote one piece in particular "Passion Denied Pt.1. " I couldn't hit anything up to that calibre for quite awhile because I needed to get my momentum back. The piece took so much out of me I was exhausted for words.
The thing is not to worry about it and do like you've done and keep writing little snippets. Don't get discouraged and when that wave comes again ride it for all you're worth and enjoy the high. It's great!

Old 2006-01-25, 10:07
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I'm so pissed right now I could spit! I had a few verses and a chorus written, but I hadn't saved it yet. I hit the ctrl z and lost about half of it!! It's gone forever now and I was even getting a melody for it! I HATE when I do something like that!!! Writer's frustration.

someone gimme a damn pencil...... I think I should really write that way again. and then just copy them.

I had to rant. thx

Old 2006-01-25, 22:14
Slayer of dumb cunts

Send a message via AIM to tmfreak
Damn that blows. I actually have that as an almost phobia now. I'm too afraid of my computer goin down and me losing all my work. Luckily i've backed it up every now and again. (every few months) But if i lost.. sheet like 5 or 7 sets of lyrics i'd be fucked.. Not to mention alot of my newer recordings, I haven't backed up any of my drums, or their loops. So if my computer crashed... i would be.. very unhappy.. to say the least.

Moral of the story. Save often =)
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...
Old 2006-01-26, 07:16
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Oh yeah, I lost a whole lot of stuff when my old pc was hit by lightning. I had an indoor surge protector on it, but I lost a lot of things I'd written in a certain timeframe. I have a couple notebooks with my pieces in and I've also got a section of my file cabinet I keep hardcopies in. It's no fun to lose all that. I've even got it posted at the forum where I mod to not trust the site for preservation and to keep copies of one's own.

Old 2006-01-29, 04:09
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

When I write good, it's usually when I'm in a black metal mood; so I'm pissed at something, and there's silence around me.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2006-02-10, 01:29
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Tulvox Send a message via MSN to Tulvox
I suppose I explain iambic pentameter, stressed and unstressed syllables, but it happens naturally as we speak, so it's not horribly necessary.

I think that it is most important when writing to finish your idea. If it's all fragmented, or fragmented without a point, it piece seems empty and lackluster.

The second most important thing is emotion. I read a piece from a guy I know, great words, great rthythm, complete thoughts and everything... But it was told in a narrative style and lost all its power. Write like you are talking to someone, not reflecting in a diary. Assert your thoughts. Write to kick the reader/listen in the face, not drown them in something that actually has potential. This all relates to passive voice.

www.maddox.xmission.com