MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 2006-03-04, 16:03
BTP BTP is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Garden Ridge (right outside San Antonio), TX
Posts: 100
the drumming in death metal is the backbone of the genre in my opinion. Some of my favorites right now are...

Derek Roddy
George Kollias
John Longstreth
David Haley (his drumming on the new Psycroptic is perfect for that band)
Tim Yeung
Ricky Myers
KC Howard
Pete Sandoval
Dave (don't know his last name but he's in Sleep Terror)

I aslo think Mike Hamilton from Deeds Of Flesh is an endurance machine on double bass and blastbeats, but while I love Deeds Of Flesh, their drumming is what can REALLY bore me if I'm not in the right mood when listening to them.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2006-03-04, 16:12
Hippy :) Hippy :) is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: alamo
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTP
the drumming in death metal is the backbone of the genre in my opinion. Some of my favorites right now are...

Derek Roddy
George Kollias
John Longstreth
David Haley (his drumming on the new Psycroptic is perfect for that band)
Tim Yeung
Ricky Myers
KC Howard
Pete Sandoval
Dave (don't know his last name but he's in Sleep Terror)

I aslo think Mike Hamilton from Deeds Of Flesh is an endurance machine on double bass and blastbeats, but while I love Deeds Of Flesh, their drumming is what can REALLY bore me if I'm not in the right mood when listening to them.

ya your right
DM drummers usually have the speed of a fuckin machine gun, but not all of them can do what jazz drummers can, but alot of jazz drummers can do what DM drummers can. so the only reason that DM drummers dont get the recognition they want or deserve or w/e, is because they usually dont do much to impress except for fast shit, PLUS their genre isnt exactly "liked" by normal mainstream
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2006-03-04, 19:55
The Execrator's Avatar
The Execrator The Execrator is offline
Noob lud
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Upstate New Yaawwk
Posts: 3,498
"so the only reason that DM drummers dont get the recognition they want or deserve or w/e, is because they usually dont do much to impress except for fast shit, PLUS their genre isnt exactly "liked" by normal mainstream"


....Just go die somewhere, now. Death Metal drummers use more cymbal work than most other genres. That's impressing. The drummers don't just sit there and "play fast". There is more to Death Metal drumming than playing fast. There is alot more.

Death Metal drummers don't get noticed simply because Death Metal itself doesn't get noticed.
__________________
9/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2006-03-05, 01:13
NZ black metal drumm NZ black metal drumm is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In the Uber Kvlt shithole (NZ)
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
DM drummers usually have the speed of a fuckin machine gun, but not all of them can do what jazz drummers can, but alot of jazz drummers can do what DM drummers can. so the only reason that DM drummers dont get the recognition they want or deserve or w/e, is because they usually dont do much to impress except for fast shit, PLUS their genre isnt exactly "liked" by normal mainstream


Actually if you watch say Flo Mounier or Derek Roddy drum, they are doing EXACTLY what jazz drummers do, except about 3 times faster, and most Jazz Drummers can't do what these guys do, most Jazz Drummers (I am not including the Drumming elite here in this statement) use single bass and while they can tear out some speedy chops, they can't hold that speed for the 40 minutes or so that a Death Metal Drummer will do in a set

although you are right about genre not being liked, but to be honest, I don't like Jazz, but I still worship the musicians who play that shit, and so appreciate the genre for what it is.
__________________
omg t3h @x1s p3d@ls @r3 t3h b3st!!!!!!1!!11
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2006-03-05, 10:58
Grond's Avatar
Grond Grond is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: hamburg, germany
Posts: 59
@Execrator
I didnt want to sound like i dont like DM and the drummers playing it...
I am actually one of them, too...
and i like the DM theme very much!!!
__________________
Grond, drummer of the Viking Metal band "Norse"
Sorry, but my english is bad...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2006-03-05, 11:35
The Execrator's Avatar
The Execrator The Execrator is offline
Noob lud
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Upstate New Yaawwk
Posts: 3,498
Yeah I know, it's cool. It just seems I think differently than everyone else and I like to argue.
__________________
9/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2006-03-05, 12:15
Grond's Avatar
Grond Grond is offline
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: hamburg, germany
Posts: 59
hehehe
do you really think differently than the others in this forum?
I think we all think the same way: drumming is awesome!!!
__________________
Grond, drummer of the Viking Metal band "Norse"
Sorry, but my english is bad...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2006-03-26, 00:22
Mayhem's Avatar
Mayhem Mayhem is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 107
Derek Roddy is an amazing drummer, not only have i seen him throw down some killer DM blast beats and what not....but ive seen him play some mind blowing jazz beats...and he works so well around his kit, hes definetly a very talented drummer IMO
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2006-03-26, 10:26
John Holland's Avatar
John Holland John Holland is offline
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Angelskingarden
Posts: 2,395
Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grond
hehehe
do you really think differently than the others in this forum?
I think we all think the same way: drumming is awesome!!!


For someone who plays in a mean ol' Viking metal band, you sure are nice.

Derek Roddy might not be the flat-out best metal drummer there is ... but I think as a figure he'll represent extreme metal drumming better than anyone else right now.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2009-03-17, 01:17
ANIMAL ANIMAL is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
i agree its bull shit,they deserve more recognition,ya they r,alot of ppl dnt realize how hard it is to be good at blasting and machine gun double bass
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 2009-03-17, 02:18
Wolfsherz Wolfsherz is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via MSN to Wolfsherz
Quote:
Originally Posted by this thread
Thank you for bringing me back to life, now let me eat your braaaains!



Just fuckin' witcha.
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:45.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.