Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2005-11-28, 23:05
Sepulturick
Metalhead
Banned

Tech 21 Trademark 60 vs Roland Cube 60

hi, which is the best amp of these two?

i want tone and flexibility.

Which one has the best "Metal" sound too? I play a lot of thrash, death metal type stuff. I am no good at it of course, i am still a beginner but still....i need my amp to be able to do metal.

thanks

Old 2005-11-29, 00:10
Soeru
Post-whore

I had the same exact dilemma, but it was between the Cube 30 and Trademark 30. I went for the Tech 21. Way more sound flexibility and quality and it's much more possible to shape your sound while the Cube I think is a bit more limited. The Cube does have a few effects that the Tech 21 doesn't have, but I find those useless. The Tech 21 is extremely versatile but it does metal excellently, I also play mostly death and thrash.

Get the Trademark. But I think if you're going to spend that much why not save a little bit more and get something better?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2005-11-29, 01:01
*insert name here*
Jono

Try them both out.

Old 2005-11-29, 02:05
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
Try them both out.

Wasn't really an option for me, but the sound samples give you a decent idea of how the amp sounds. Get the Tech 21, but the Roland is not at all a bad choice. Their both the same bang for the buck. By this I mean that the Roland is slightly cheaper, and slightly not as good as the Tech 21. Can't go wrong either way. The Roland looks cooler though. :P

I seriously doubt you'll need 60W though, maybe a Trademark 30 or Cube 30 would suit your needs better. Even 30W is very very loud(the Trademark 30 has a custom 50W speaker).

You said you're a beginner, why not get a Cube 15? That would be plenty.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2005-11-29 at 02:07.

Old 2005-11-29, 02:22
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Wasn't really an option for me, but the sound samples give you a decent idea of how the amp sounds. Get the Tech 21, but the Roland is not at all a bad choice. Their both the same bang for the buck. By this I mean that the Roland is slightly cheaper, and slightly not as good as the Tech 21. Can't go wrong either way. The Roland looks cooler though. :P

I seriously doubt you'll need 60W though, maybe a Trademark 30 or Cube 30 would suit your needs better. Even 30W is very very loud(the Trademark 30 has a custom 50W speaker).

You said you're a beginner, why not get a Cube 15? That would be plenty.

Sorry,it wasnt directed at you,it was related to the first post.

Old 2005-11-29, 03:48
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
Sorry,it wasnt directed at you,it was related to the first post.

I know, I'm just saying that not everyone is able to find the amps in a store to try out.

Old 2005-11-29, 10:16
Sepulturick
Metalhead
Banned

Trying them both out isn't possible (unless i order each then send back the one i don't want, costing me money in postage but maybe its worth it!). I live in the UK and no store that i know of near to me stocks the 2 amps in question. I say i am a beginner but i only meant compared to most people on this forum. I play guitar with a drummer now and again. 15 watts wouldn't be anough, 30 watts i am not sure. Does the Trademark 30 come with a 12" celestion like the Trademark 60? I want a 12" speaker preferably. I currently own an 80 watt peavey bandit 112s but i don't like it at all. The distortion channel is rubbish so i am forced to use my boss metal zone through the amps clean channel. The clean channel i think is actually very good but i have grown very tired of the boss metal zone pedal. I'd like to use an amps onboard distortion preferably.

By the way i can only afford the trademark 60 if i get it second hand but there is currently one on ebay i have bid for. If the bidding for the amp gets too high then i shall buy the roland cube 60. As i say, i can always send it back. It would just cost me about £30 thats all, but i think its worth it.

Do you have any clips of your trademark 30 playing metal?