MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 2006-01-03, 16:09
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
Pickup questions

okay i own a b.c. rich platinum warlock...i know, piece of shit, but i do have to use it for awhile aswell as my 5 string which aint shit. The rich is a percussionist style bass and i figure with some good pickups and decent strings it can be an okay bass. any suggestions i already got custom earnie ball's for the strings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-01-03, 18:20
Tattered's Avatar
Tattered Tattered is offline
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,305
There are a lot of good pickups you can install but i would choose from/recommend:

EMG - http://www.emginc.com/
MEC - http://www.mec-pickups.de/
Bartolini - http://www.bartolini.net/

They will make the tone of your Bc rich sound so much better.
__________________
'' I'll Smother You With A Fucking Pillow!! ''

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-01-03, 19:48
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
thatnks much i was looking for mec but couldnt find the site
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-01-03, 20:01
sixsicsix's Avatar
sixsicsix sixsicsix is offline
6 lvl 80's sucka.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 2,483
Send a message via AIM to sixsicsix
know any sites that distribute them?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I have no real friends, so I have to make up my own memories:

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-01-04, 14:19
autumncurve's Avatar
autumncurve autumncurve is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,822
Send a message via MSN to autumncurve
i need to lower the pickups on my warwick thumb bolt-on for recording...i've never bothered changing the height before, any tips or anything i should watch out for? is it just a case of trying to get the sound i want?
__________________
R.I.P. Mieszko Talarczyk
1974 - 2004


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!


-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-01-04, 15:40
m3talhead666's Avatar
m3talhead666 m3talhead666 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Heart-Hate
okay i own a b.c. rich platinum warlock...i know, piece of shit, but i do have to use it for awhile aswell as my 5 string which aint shit. The rich is a percussionist style bass and i figure with some good pickups and decent strings it can be an okay bass. any suggestions i already got custom earnie ball's for the strings.


Get active EMGs because they dont really care about what wood your guitar is made of and uses the preamp to create the excellent tone. so EMGs are a really good upgrade for shitty guitars
__________________
R.I.P Dime
Life is black or white
-Zakk Wylde
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-01-05, 12:54
Tattered's Avatar
Tattered Tattered is offline
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumncurve
i need to lower the pickups on my warwick thumb bolt-on for recording...i've never bothered changing the height before, any tips or anything i should watch out for? is it just a case of trying to get the sound i want?


I lowered the pickups on my warwick thumb, generally because the strings were hitting the pickups a lot when i was doing 'digging in' fingerstyle with my band in drop d and c, so i lowered them both by about a quarter of an inch, with a mini screwdriver, and the tone is still good and growly and the volume is perfect.. why are you deciding to lower them?
__________________
'' I'll Smother You With A Fucking Pillow!! ''

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-01-06, 11:19
autumncurve's Avatar
autumncurve autumncurve is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,822
Send a message via MSN to autumncurve
same reason. i've only noticed the strings hitting the pickups recently and although i don't notice it so much playing generally, recording with it sounds bloody aweful.
i think i'll take mine down a quater of an inch too then.
__________________
R.I.P. Mieszko Talarczyk
1974 - 2004


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!


-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.