MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-11-06, 00:59
New Blood

Yeah ok, so i did kinda post the same things as others had said, but i was in a bad mood then..didnt really read all of the other posts haha.
I do see your point though i dont necessarily share the same opinion
And i dont generally like people saying the word 'gay' in an insulting way, cause thats just insulting the people who are actually gay.

The Fulara guy is the one that impressed me the most, cause its something new that i havent really seen before...cept what is that thing hes doing with his mouth?? hahaha
Old 2005-11-06, 01:44
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Shreddist Send a message via MSN to Shreddist Send a message via Yahoo to Shreddist
I dont know, its very true that this is all opinion based. All i know is we have something to learn from every other guitarist out there, i dont care their skill level, so take that chance when you get it.
Old 2005-11-06, 09:10
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Walter
I do see your point though i dont necessarily share the same opinion
And i dont generally like people saying the word 'gay' in an insulting way, cause thats just insulting the people who are actually gay.

Than you should probably stop posting here.

John basicly nailed it. All I've been syaing is while most of you queers worship guys from type #2 as both top of the line in BOTH #1 and #2 I'm telling you guys from #2 would get raped if they set foot in or around guys from #1.

Congrats to everyone who couldnt understand the above concept without it being fucking spelled out like it was. This was alot of fun and provided me with to many real life laughs to count. I always knew people were super stuck up and gay about Malmsteen/muhammed ect. but I never actually had proof of how gay, untill now. Thank you.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-11-06, 12:40
New Blood

Woah woah, calm down a bit. I'm allowed to say that i dont like people saying 'gay' as an insult. Doesnt mean im going to go around telling people to stop saying it.

I did find it hard to understand the concept at first, yes. But who cares? Everyone thinks differently so theres bound to be people who need the assistance in getting whatever it is youre trying to put across.

I dont worship these people, nor do i think these people are the best at technicality. I already know there are people better at technicality than those 'greats' mentioned.

But the way i see it is like a sandwich.
Youve got the finely crafted and made bread (technicality) and whatever it is you want to stick in it (musicality and emotion stuff). and you cant really have them on their own.
And thats the way others think too, just without the crappy metaphorical business.

So yes, i do get what youre saying, but its not what is most important to me
Old 2005-11-06, 16:45
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
One moe time, i'm going to say this: I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MARSHALL HARRISON BEING A SUPERIOR SONG WRITER, YOU FAGGOTS.

Why mention him then? Songwriting = everything. Marshall Harrison isn't anywhere near the fastest or most technically advanced guitarist. Even Michael Angelo is faster, and he can write a tune too.

p.s. your little "joke" about how uptight people get isn't working a single bit - it's clear you're the most uptight person on this thread.
Old 2005-11-06, 17:20
Senior Metalhead

In short, i think DEAD is just obsessed with people who are super fast and is basing their level of guitar on that. You are blinded by this, and if you decide to get better at guitar you will just see how stupid it all is and why this thread is actually stupid. Personally i think you need to just go to like a nearby college and just like talk to a high level guitarist from there and listen to them too; not some local guitar shop guy cause half the time they really aren't as good as you think they are. That would make alot of people see the light.
Old 2005-11-06, 17:49
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to k13m
i think this thread should be closed, it attracts hate and bad spirits onto our precious, peacefull greenscreen

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2005-11-07, 03:22
Toast-whore

Send a message via MSN to OpethFan
k13m is a peaceful drunk

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-11-07, 05:46
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
k13m is a peaceful drunk
+3

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2005-11-07, 08:44
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
k13m is a peaceful drunk

I`ll drink to that And so wil he, probably
Old 2005-11-07, 08:48
Post-whore

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2005-11-07, 09:10
Senior Metalhead

Marshall Harrison isn't anywhere near the fastest or most technically advanced guitarist.

You're crazy. I've been playing technical stuff for a hell of a long time, probably longer than a lot of the members here have even been living (I've been playing guitar for 22 years), and Marshall has some excellent technique. A lot better than a mojority of the people I've seen. So I wouldn't go as far as to say he's not "anywhere" near a technically advanced player. On the contrary, I think he is on the upper parts of the list.
Old 2005-11-07, 11:36
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
i think this thread should be closed, it attracts hate and bad spirits onto our precious, peacefull greenscreen

I hate green.
Old 2005-11-08, 14:21
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam
Marshall Harrison isn't anywhere near the fastest or most technically advanced guitarist.

You're crazy. I've been playing technical stuff for a hell of a long time, probably longer than a lot of the members here have even been living (I've been playing guitar for 22 years), and Marshall has some excellent technique. A lot better than a mojority of the people I've seen. So I wouldn't go as far as to say he's not "anywhere" near a technically advanced player. On the contrary, I think he is on the upper parts of the list.

Thank you. Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Oh and Micheal Angelo comes nowhere close to Marshall Harrison, at all.

Can whoever was btching about Marshall's phasing please explain what they mean by "phrasing" and give explaes of where it is poor and give an example of what good phrasing is or what Marshall should be doing? You may not agree with me but atleast i'm showing some proof of my claims.

Better yet, show me someone who hybrid picks half as good as him.

Finally, I'm not obsessed with fast guitar players. I'm obsessed with the fact that the majority of guitarists think the faggots I mentioned are technical gods, when they are not. This has NOTHING to do with my taste is music or guitar players. It is simply facts. Guitarist X is more technicaly advanced than Guitarist Y. Plain and fucking simple. I know it may be hard to admit that Muhammed's minor arpeggio jerk-off's are not the craziest thing ever, but suck it, and face it.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-11-08, 14:25
Senior Metalhead

Most people who know who Muhammed is know that he isn't as fast or technical as they come - people like him because he writes good music. You're not very perceptive, and just a plain idiot, for thinking he is hailed as much as he is because of his technicality.
Old 2005-11-08, 16:37
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Thank you. Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Oh and Micheal Angelo comes nowhere close to Marshall Harrison, at all.

Can whoever was btching about Marshall's phasing please explain what they mean by "phrasing" and give explaes of where it is poor and give an example of what good phrasing is or what Marshall should be doing? You may not agree with me but atleast i'm showing some proof of my claims.

Better yet, show me someone who hybrid picks half as good as him.

Finally, I'm not obsessed with fast guitar players. I'm obsessed with the fact that the majority of guitarists think the faggots I mentioned are technical gods, when they are not. This has NOTHING to do with my taste is music or guitar players. It is simply facts. Guitarist X is more technicaly advanced than Guitarist Y. Plain and fucking simple. I know it may be hard to admit that Muhammed's minor arpeggio jerk-off's are not the craziest thing ever, but suck it, and face it.

"Thank you. Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Oh and Micheal Angelo comes nowhere close to Marshall Harrison, at all."

Umm. . .right

Yeah, his phrasing sucks ass. I was the one that bitched about it and you saying you dont know what phrasing is just proves further that your judgement of a guitarist isnt at a very high level for you to boldy to say what you did in the thread title.

Phrasing is a very hard subject to explain but i will try my best (If you remember Jason Becker's instructional, somebody asks him about it and he has alot of trouble replying so dont expect mine to be wonderful). Phrasing first is the ability to not just run around randomly and all the notes be of the same duration. Its more or less like making phrases, being little melodies, in the solo. Here is a good example to show you what i mean:

If a singer were to sing similiar to how Marshall and other shredders you love solo, how do you think it would sound? Even though the rhythm section will be playing the same rhythm usually (in a simple song) the singer will make up his own melodies along with the lyrics. How often do you hear a singer go up and down a scale in even 16ths along with the lyrics the entire time like you hear so many shred guitarists do when they solo? Never, cause it would sound stupid as it does when it is constantly done with a guitar.

Thats the best way i can explain it.

And goddamnit, your all idiots who think that technique is ALL in speed and clarity. Thats part of it, but so is vibrato/dynamics/intonation on bends/timing and rhythm/etc. Until you see how important those are and how important having knowledge is, you will never see or respect the truly good and talented guys.

PS Marshall cant stay in rhythm for shit on ANY of his improvisations. They sound like pure shit and your a dumbass to think that Vai, Satch, whoever isnt capable of doing ANY of the things posted. They just realize and know how stupid it is to aspire to do any of those things. I used to compete in piano till 6th grade, and played alot of of those Bach pieces, and it took me 10 minutes to get the whole first system of measures completed, clean and loud on the guitar.

When are you going to realize this shits childish? Try improvising over a jazz song, or play Giant Steps by Coltrane, WELL. There is NO ONE on this forum that can do that. Not one, and ill stand by it.

Last edited by madtrixcerenzia : 2005-11-08 at 16:40.
Old 2005-11-08, 16:49
Senior Metalhead

Try improvising over a jazz song, or play Giant Steps by Coltrane, WELL. There is NO ONE on this forum that can do that. Not one, and ill stand by it.

Improvising over a jazz song is one of the easier things to do, once an established repertoire of modes, classic jazz chord progressions, etc, are understood. Listen to Marshall's Pat Metheny Jams, he covers this, with TECHNIQUE. Are you an expert on Marshall, or are you automatically discrediting him because you saw ONE video and didn't like it.

Bottom line is this: DEAD's point is about the fact that there will always remain unknowns out there who are better, better than you, better than me, and better than all of our heros.

Last edited by jaxadam : 2005-11-08 at 16:58.
Old 2005-11-08, 17:01
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam
Try improvising over a jazz song, or play Giant Steps by Coltrane, WELL. There is NO ONE on this forum that can do that. Not one, and ill stand by it.

Oh yeah??

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Old 2005-11-08, 17:11
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

First off what makes some one better more often is simple opinion , in my day you had the die hard Clapton lovers , Cream Era of course against the hendrix lovers , Look theyre both gifted , As is a million guys out there some of the best players are people we never even hear about.
how can you we say one guy is better than the other guy , what makes satriani better than Vai or vice versa or yngwie worse than steve morse .
Its all opinion , Unless some one outwardly is really bad , then its all subjective
, So in other words shut the fuck up already and realize that Zakk and DIme fucking own all your fag assed heroes.
Old 2005-11-08, 17:22
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered
Oh yeah??

That's not me, read the end of post above mine.