MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2005-11-02, 16:04
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
I can't download the videos. Did he post a bunch of videos of Yngwie, Suicmez, Vai, and Satriani all having a gay orgy? That would be cool and all, but why in the guitar forum? We have a forum clearly marked for calling people gay.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2005-11-02, 16:43
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad MetalThrashingMad is offline
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
We have a forum clearly marked for calling people gay.

Chit chat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2005-11-02, 16:55
estringrev's Avatar
estringrev estringrev is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
Uhh yeah i think your the one being a stupid ass. Thats fine thats what they like, and yes these guys are good at it, but its obvious that the whole genre of shred has become corrupt. I mean Jesus, Jason Becker was amazing as everyone can agree because he can play very fast and would use it effectively. But why do you think he so popular? Hes an excellent song writer, has excellent feel, excellent dynamics, excellent VIBRATO (and seriously, your a dumbass already if you think vibrato isnt important, which seems to be the majority), excellent phrasing, etc. . . Shred is great, but not what the modern shredders are turning it into. They are millions of miles away from people like Becker, Friedman, Holdsworth, Petrucci, Vai, Satch, etc. . .

I understand this guy is trying to say, yes there are good guitarists besides the big names, which is true, but ill be the first to say, its not these guys. They are slowly moving farther and farther away from calling the guitar a musical instrument. Jimi Hendrix is a perfect example again. He has all the same stuff i said about Becker, but according to you, cause these guys can play fast but lack all those other qualities still must be better. Seriously think about what your saying.


I understand what your trying to say. Song writing vibrato and phrasing are extremely important in writing good songs. What I'm trying to get across is that bashing on another persons skill and calling them childish is not helping anything. Your senseless complaining won't help to change anything. If you really cared you could try some constructive criticism instead of calling them dumb and whining on about how bad they are. That's what I'm getting at. Otherwise as far as shred becoming tasteless and just about speed. I somewhat agree with you there.

Cumwad
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2005-11-02, 17:17
john-thomas john-thomas is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
worldguitarcontes

if you like this players
take a look into the website

worldguitarcontest.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2005-11-02, 17:56
YJM04's Avatar
YJM04 YJM04 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nowhere,USA
Posts: 1,457
pretty much, if they had somthing original to show, maybe somthing melodic with some phrasing as well dynamics. and other techniques instead of full out sweeps. than maybe it would be enjoyable. the reason why people like satch is he thinks like a listener and plays the appropiate speed and dynamics to get out the emotion that he wants the listener to hear. its just like painting a certain stroke makes a certain emotion/color. but satch isnt afraid to mess around with his ideas. i mean could u actually listen to shred for over an hour and not get bored, well it depends on who u listen to if its jason becker. than thats differnt cuz all his stuff is the shit
__________________
music expresses which words cant emulate



Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!

Last edited by YJM04 : 2005-11-02 at 17:59.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2005-11-02, 18:15
madtrixcerenzia madtrixcerenzia is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by estringrev
I understand what your trying to say. Song writing vibrato and phrasing are extremely important in writing good songs. What I'm trying to get across is that bashing on another persons skill and calling them childish is not helping anything. Your senseless complaining won't help to change anything. If you really cared you could try some constructive criticism instead of calling them dumb and whining on about how bad they are. That's what I'm getting at. Otherwise as far as shred becoming tasteless and just about speed. I somewhat agree with you there.

Cumwad


Ok, now i see what you mean, i think i took the tone the way i did and the way i put the criticism across was because of how the person who started this thread. I would have not worded it the same if he was just like "these guys are pretty good guitarists, and in my opinion, better than vai, satch, blah blah". But he didnt, he called them gay, and decided to make these other guys his idols. What i was saying is fine, its not like these guys know about this forum or read it, so its not like they are going to take my criticisms to heart, so thats why my reply was open to bash them. I was arguing with the kid and giving reasons why HE is the idiot for thinking the way he thought.

Really, he can say whatever he wants, and argue with me, but it is a FACT: none of those guys are on the level of people like Vai, Satch, Becker, Holdsworth, etc. nor do they have the same mindset or views of music.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2005-11-02, 18:20
YJM04's Avatar
YJM04 YJM04 is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nowhere,USA
Posts: 1,457
__________________
music expresses which words cant emulate



Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2005-11-02, 18:49
newHELLonEARTH's Avatar
newHELLonEARTH newHELLonEARTH is offline
slack as fuck
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Goddamn maritimes..
Posts: 3,395
Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
fuck. steve vai is and always will be my favorite guitarist. i dont give a shit if theres someone out there who can shred better or whateverthefuck. i love him for his talent not only in ripping the fuck outta his guitar, but for his songwriting and composing and overal musical ability. like take that francesco ferarri guy. he sucked balls cause he couldnt write shit but could shred. steve does both. all fucking hail steve vai. satch is pretty cool himself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Bottle of Vodka, $25

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2005-11-02, 19:32
estringrev's Avatar
estringrev estringrev is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
Ok, now i see what you mean, i think i took the tone the way i did and the way i put the criticism across was because of how the person who started this thread. I would have not worded it the same if he was just like "these guys are pretty good guitarists, and in my opinion, better than vai, satch, blah blah". But he didnt, he called them gay, and decided to make these other guys his idols. What i was saying is fine, its not like these guys know about this forum or read it, so its not like they are going to take my criticisms to heart, so thats why my reply was open to bash them. I was arguing with the kid and giving reasons why HE is the idiot for thinking the way he thought.

Really, he can say whatever he wants, and argue with me, but it is a FACT: none of those guys are on the level of people like Vai, Satch, Becker, Holdsworth, etc. nor do they have the same mindset or views of music.


Ok we agree. Well if I were you I'd atleast try to email them or something with advice just to say you tried even though most likely they won't listen or care. After that commence the bashing. But I would always try to offer constructive criticism first.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2005-11-02, 19:35
Sam Hudson's Avatar
Sam Hudson Sam Hudson is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: can't tell you,pisses them off
Posts: 248
they all forget.Technique is worthless if its not true music.Why is Hendrix so awesome?????

As many cool Bach pieces you can play,its still not what you wanna hear from a guitar,thats why it was written for harpsichord,if you can play the cminor prelude,fuckin cool,great music,but if you can make it sound like a guitar playing those notes,not just plucked(or tapped)notes,youre just emulating and "reading" notes,because to me,guitar needs not only dynamics,virtuosism and rhytrhmic but also an overall voicing that gives the guitar "life".

Who gets this?????
__________________


Killer,intruder,homicidal man
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2005-11-02, 19:37
newHELLonEARTH's Avatar
newHELLonEARTH newHELLonEARTH is offline
slack as fuck
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Goddamn maritimes..
Posts: 3,395
Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
I do, I said similar on my Vai rant. he's talented cause its good music and songwriting. not just shredding. like i said. im behind ya, man
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Bottle of Vodka, $25

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2005-11-03, 00:10
OpethFan's Avatar
OpethFan OpethFan is offline
Toast-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the grass is green, and the girls 69.
Posts: 1,473
Send a message via MSN to OpethFan
Mick from slipknot owns Vai.
__________________
My bands page ^

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2005-11-03, 01:29
Sam Hudson's Avatar
Sam Hudson Sam Hudson is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: can't tell you,pisses them off
Posts: 248
oh yeah,so does his third cousin in law once removed from the family.You know,the one with the club foot eye patch funguar disease on fingers and arthritis

Oh and Newhell,I get you but let me strengthen ourt point of view.besides songwriting,even if you play a cover,youre good not only by perfecting it exactly as recorded,but giving it your own mood,dimensions and just breath.

Again another comparison with painting,The best painters and the ones considered to really be gifted weren't doing perfect portraits of the body,landscapes or anything.they could do it,but art and paint meant to them more than physical perfection.It was the spiritual perception that Picasso's oddly figured shapes and polygons made him state his thoughts and soul,which is really hard on music,to make a true voice and not just a pretty painting.

PS But I also understand that some find beauty in extreme speed and "reality"(painting analogy)and thats how some take out their feelings.I do too,but just cause Im not very good at any other forms.
__________________


Killer,intruder,homicidal man
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2005-11-03, 03:10
OpethFan's Avatar
OpethFan OpethFan is offline
Toast-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the grass is green, and the girls 69.
Posts: 1,473
Send a message via MSN to OpethFan
DiveBombs = Good Guitarists.

Period.
__________________
My bands page ^

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2005-11-03, 08:46
Dahmers Fridge's Avatar
Dahmers Fridge Dahmers Fridge is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Behind you! Boo!
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
DiveBombs = Good Guitarists.

Period.


Don't forget Upbombs!

Those videos disappoint, I was expecting at least one big handle bar moustache, a gimp mask, a member of my family or at least a Rob Halford esq studded cap! But no, just people noodling on guitars

Mind you that Adam Fulara is doing some ceeeeerrrrraaaaazzzzyyyyy shit, I quiet like that! He looks like Geddy Lee and pulls faces like he's gonna spunk in his pants(in his own pants not Geddy Lee's)

Last edited by Dahmers Fridge : 2005-11-07 at 16:11.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2005-11-03, 10:22
deifiler's Avatar
deifiler deifiler is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJM04
pretty much, if they had somthing original to show, maybe somthing melodic with some phrasing as well dynamics. and other techniques instead of full out sweeps. than maybe it would be enjoyable. the reason why people like satch is he thinks like a listener and plays the appropiate speed and dynamics to get out the emotion that he wants the listener to hear. its just like painting a certain stroke makes a certain emotion/color. but satch isnt afraid to mess around with his ideas. i mean could u actually listen to shred for over an hour and not get bored, well it depends on who u listen to if its jason becker. than thats differnt cuz all his stuff is the shit


I don't even like Joe Satriani, but this post hits the nail into the coffin

No matter how good a guitarist, if you want to base it on technicality, even a semi-advanced pianist could probably upstage them. That's why it's also about expoliting the unique aspects of guitar that make players good or bad, as well as there compatability with a band. Most of these mpg-masters have horrible neck tone and mindlessly shred to a spasticated drum loop, Francesco Faerari is a prime example of this. you think they're great until you hear more than one in song in a row by them.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2005-11-03, 14:12
DEAD's Avatar
DEAD DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,399
Send a message via AIM to DEAD
You are all brilliant.

I'm not talking about song writing cockbags because that is pointless. Judging song wrtiting is personal and varies from person to person. My point is that thoes people I listed are considered the end all be all of shredders. Count how many fucking times you have seen someone say something to teh effect of "OMG muhammed plays teh most tech sweeps ever, i dont know how he plays so clean!!!" When really it isnt all that hard to get good at sweping a minor arpeggio when you ahev been playinga decent amount of time. Or how many people hair Malmsteen as a guitar god. I'm talking sole technical ability because there is no accounting for taste. Obviously you are all missing that point since all I hear is "WAHHHH VAI CAN WRITE EMOTIONAL SONGS!". Maybe I think Vai can't write a song to save his life, but it doesnt matter because arguing about songwriting is dumb because of what I have said before, ther eis no accounting for taste.

Honestly if you can't grasp the idea that all I'm syaing is that the guitar players teh majority of people hail as super elite shredders would get bent over and sodomized by these guys.

And again, whatever dumb ass said something like "oh well you must be gay because you can't play as good as Malmsteen.", you're fucking stupid. Turn around and look up because the point of this thread went way over your head.

Hehe, whats funny is everyone is bitching about song writing when all the Marshall Harrison videos are classical pieces. Yesh, thoes guys couldnt write songs at all. Well I did learn something new today, guitar noodling = classical guitar.

Honestly, where the hell did I mention anything about them being better song writers?
__________________
No fear, nor fight
Comforting silent side
So free, through flight
Comforting silence
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2005-11-03, 15:13
tchambliss tchambliss is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Texas, Contact and will drink if in area
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
y are peeple to serious nowadays?? geez


Minus the spelling errors, Amen. (I'm in English class right now so I have to be a dick about spelling.)
__________________
"Saying that people have sex only to procreate is like saying people eat only to defecate."

RIP Brian Daniel McDonough: June 30, 1983- April 13, 2006, One of the bass greats that never was discovered
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2005-11-03, 15:23
BlackRoseImmortal BlackRoseImmortal is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 333
You obviously don't know much about the guitar if you think Muhammed is in any way similar to Yngwie Vai or Satch. Especially since the other ones you linked are all the same as Yngwie anyway. lol at this prick trying to think he knows more than everyone else.

Last edited by BlackRoseImmortal : 2005-11-03 at 15:34.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2005-11-03, 16:13
DEAD's Avatar
DEAD DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,399
Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal
You obviously don't know much about the guitar if you think Muhammed is in any way similar to Yngwie Vai or Satch. Especially since the other ones you linked are all the same as Yngwie anyway. lol at this prick trying to think he knows more than everyone else.


I wasnt talking style, dumbass. I was speaking simply in terms of popularity and blind love of the guitarists.

You clearly know nothing about music if you think Malmsteen's 3 string arpeggios and harmonic minor jerk-off fests are the same as Paganini, Bach, and Wieniawski. Congrats on not knowing what youre talking about!

lolololololololololoololololololololol
__________________
No fear, nor fight
Comforting silent side
So free, through flight
Comforting silence
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:35.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.