Old 2005-11-01, 20:06
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Yngwie, Muhammed, Vai, Satch: all gay, and this is why

Comforting silence
Old 2005-11-01, 20:09
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to ImBored
Great, well done, this definitely proves the stated artists to be homosexual.
Old 2005-11-01, 20:17
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
You are smart, being that you missed the whole point.

For ImBored and others who can't grasp easy concepts.

All of the above listed guitarists are hailed as the greats, yet there are many many other guitarists who are far better, and they are not the end all be all of guitar players.

ImBored you must be clever since you didnt pick up on the fact I wasnt useing the term "gay" in the literal sense.

Shit, I'm not even trying to prove they are gay, that is clear, I'm proving they are overrated.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-11-01, 20:35
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Unless he was being sarcastic.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-11-01, 21:08
Post-whore

this doesnt prove anything. if it were somthing original only paganini. then i would understand but it sounds like a bunch of rusty cooly wanna be's.though rusty plays faster. but yea after a while it is boring don't u think?
ohh ron thal is one of the greats that u are saying is over rated because most of the artists u mentiond were his influences

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
ibut i wouldnt get any help at a slipknot board, theyre struggling with palm muting!
Old 2005-11-01, 21:47
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
Damn...

Nice post! Only watched a couple little clips (downloading other things). That dude, site owner, can fuckin play. He's all over the neck. I noticed he had a scalloped fretboard too. I'd like to play one of those.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2005-11-01, 22:33
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
You are smart, being that you missed the whole point.

For ImBored and others who can't grasp easy concepts.

All of the above listed guitarists are hailed as the greats, yet there are many many other guitarists who are far better, and they are not the end all be all of guitar players.

ImBored you must be clever since you didnt pick up on the fact I wasnt useing the term "gay" in the literal sense.

Shit, I'm not even trying to prove they are gay, that is clear, I'm proving they are overrated.

You just proved that there are players just as good if not better than the said players. Not everyone can be famous no matter how good they are. That doesn't make anyone overrated just lucky as hell.

Edit By the way those were awesome vids. thanks for posting them.
Old 2005-11-01, 22:58
Senior Metalhead

Dude, what that marshall guy is doing is so childish its not even funny. His vibrato is probably his worst aspect, his phrasing is terrible, and very little dynamic control. Not to mention when he finally decides to go slow, hes not playing well with the music.

Seriously do you even know why Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai and all those people are where they are and why they are so good? You do realize there are about a million people that can play super fast, but thats what impresses people the most about all those people. I am going to go see the other videos, but thats as far as i am now.
Old 2005-11-01, 23:20
Senior Metalhead

Meh, gutrie govan and bumblefoot have impressed me before, but everything in that video was pretty stupid. . .to me. I know people can play that fast and i dont need to hear it constantly and with the noises going on it was pretty retarded. But thats just me.

That Fulara guy was pretty cool. I came with an idea of harmonizing on the same guitar with two hand tapping, and i thought i was pretty unique, but i guess its already been done. But i was most suprised about him, is that he seemed to have some dynamic control there, but still you can only have so much with tapping. I think he was the best of them all in individuality.

Fabrizio is ok, i think if he put his head in a little different direction he would be much better, but he seemed to do alot of meaningless running around, which bored me in about 10 seconds. If he started phrasing a little better and really digging in to his playing, then he would be alot better in my book.

I notice in this forum that all the new artists shown in threads tend to all be people who just shred meaninglessly and have terrible vibrato. Seriously, is anybody tired of it yet? I mean if you sit there and think about it more and more, you will see why straight up shredding is retarded. All those people are the ones who give shredding a bad name, cause theres nothing wrong with a little shred here or there.

Last edited by madtrixcerenzia : 2005-11-01 at 23:23.
Old 2005-11-01, 23:55
Post-whore

That Fulara guy looks like Rowan Atkinson on crack. But damn that's neat. What's up with the duct tape on the fretboard? And what's the name of the dude with the blue Ibanez in that long live video? Though Fulura is more impressive I like how that other dude plays more. Technicality isn't everything sometimes...

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2005-11-02, 00:31
New Blood

U are an absolute retard

wow there are other guitarists besides the big names who can play well Holy Shit i never would have known if u hadnt pointed that out to me.

to many ppl see speed as the defining criteria of a good guitarist, why becasue its the easiest part to achieve, oh wow i can do a B Aeolian scale at a rediculasly fast BPM, fantastic but its still just a scale and no matter how fast will never sound like anything else u put that in music u have a guitar excerise CD not a song, playing musicaly is the realy hard part, then puting those together. Speed and actual Musicality

Just because there other people out there who can play well and proficiently doesnt mean that ppl like Vai, Statch etc suc and it doesnt make them any less deserving of there status. There are many reasons besides just being bloody excelent musos (i wont speak for all u mentioned cause i dont personaly hold masive opion of players such a yngwie) that these guys are so revered they were the ones who started or at least popularised many of the techniques its soo easy for players now to just follow in the footsteps of these great artists but the hardest thingis doing something new something orginal.

there are many great artists out there and some of them may not get the recognition they deserve but when u say that ppl such as Satch and Vai suc because of it i think thats a bloody stupid statement and an one of the hugest overeactions ever. there are far greater injustices in the world dude stop being a dick and wake up.
Old 2005-11-02, 00:35
Post-whore

wtf is the point of this thread? This is a waste of my english, idiots.
Old 2005-11-02, 01:56
Supreme Metalhead

This is thread was made just to prove that a few guitarist are overrated. Who gives a damn? Even worse we have blatant waste of human sperm whining about vibrato and playing fast. Although I will agree shredding can get quite annoying. But do you know what I do when I get tired of it? I stop listening stupid asses.

Has it ever occured to you that these musicians shred because that's what they like and it just so happens that other people like it to. If you don't like it don't go shitting all over their name and just turn it off. If you can do better make your own music and quit whining and wasting space on this site.

edited-every post in this thread should be deleted except for the vids and then lock it.
Old 2005-11-02, 04:51
New Blood

Send a message via Yahoo to Metaljonus
Old 2005-11-02, 14:57
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I am a dumbass. I do not understand the link between homosexuality and Yngwie/Muhammed/Vai/Satch, coming from those links, or any other places I have seen them/their work(s). Please elaborate.

yeah this post is definately pissing me off...

Are you also saying that any guitarists that can't play better than or as good as Muhammed/Vai etc. are "gay" as well?

Last edited by MetalThrashingMad : 2005-11-02 at 15:01.
Old 2005-11-02, 15:15
Post-whore

so what, your saying that everyone with less talent than those people are gay...?
so does that apply to you aswell, because im sure your not as good as muhammed, vai, satch etc.

even though im not really impressed with mo's skill, he has talent, and just because there are better guitarists than him, it doesnt diminish the fact that hes good on guitar.

you could be fast as shit, but you still may not be able to write music to save your life. those people are popular because they can make good music which appeals to alot of people whilst still being challenging, inspiring and fun to play.
Old 2005-11-02, 15:19
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
My guess is that Dead prob didn't really mean vai and muhammed are gay or suck. I think he just put that for a catchy thread topic to stress the fact that others our there have the ability to be as good and you've never heard of em. Just my guess....

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2005-11-02, 15:28
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by estringrev
This is thread was made just to prove that a few guitarist are overrated. Who gives a damn? Even worse we have blatant waste of human sperm whining about vibrato and playing fast. Although I will agree shredding can get quite annoying. But do you know what I do when I get tired of it? I stop listening stupid asses.

Has it ever occured to you that these musicians shred because that's what they like and it just so happens that other people like it to. If you don't like it don't go shitting all over their name and just turn it off. If you can do better make your own music and quit whining and wasting space on this site.

edited-every post in this thread should be deleted except for the vids and then lock it.

Uhh yeah i think your the one being a stupid ass. Thats fine thats what they like, and yes these guys are good at it, but its obvious that the whole genre of shred has become corrupt. I mean Jesus, Jason Becker was amazing as everyone can agree because he can play very fast and would use it effectively. But why do you think he so popular? Hes an excellent song writer, has excellent feel, excellent dynamics, excellent VIBRATO (and seriously, your a dumbass already if you think vibrato isnt important, which seems to be the majority), excellent phrasing, etc. . . Shred is great, but not what the modern shredders are turning it into. They are millions of miles away from people like Becker, Friedman, Holdsworth, Petrucci, Vai, Satch, etc. . .

I understand this guy is trying to say, yes there are good guitarists besides the big names, which is true, but ill be the first to say, its not these guys. They are slowly moving farther and farther away from calling the guitar a musical instrument. Jimi Hendrix is a perfect example again. He has all the same stuff i said about Becker, but according to you, cause these guys can play fast but lack all those other qualities still must be better. Seriously think about what your saying.
Old 2005-11-02, 15:36
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to IlikeRiffseveryone Send a message via MSN to IlikeRiffseveryone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD

i know what you're trying to say but i think alot of people already knew about alot of other talented guitarists. Bumblefoot is good, Fulara was very unique and the last guy had a decent sense of melody. Cant help but feel you're sort of kicking a dead horse with this, though.
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.
Old 2005-11-02, 15:38
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to k13m
y are peeple to serious nowadays?? geez

< no wonder hes mad!!