MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Do we need classified ads section on this forum?
Yes 37 68.52%
No 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-10-24, 11:45
Post-whore

Band classifieds?

I'm sure I'm not the only forumer that's desperate to find people in the area for a band. Wouldn't a "Musician Classifieds" subforum be a good idea? I think I'd be more likely to find people in my area this way. I've tried a bunch of classified ad sites too, but having a classifieds forum for MT wouldn't be a bad idea.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2005-10-24, 15:36
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
Well... i donno about a whole forum, but it is pretty annoying having those damned threads keep popping up.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2005-10-24, 20:04
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

"hey man, you need a bassist for a new tech death band?! right on where you from!?!?"

"Spain"

"shit dude, i'm from New Zealand, this won't work!!"
Old 2005-10-24, 20:48
Post-whore

Well I'm from Spain, but I live in New Jersey now... There's no harm in posting an ad, I'm sure more than one person will find others in their area. I highly doubt I'm the only cunt in New Jersey on the forums. How would you find people if you don't even try?

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2005-10-24, 20:59
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
"hey man, you need a bassist for a new tech death band?! right on where you from!?!?"

"Spain"

"shit dude, i'm from New Zealand, this won't work!!"

hah +1
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-10-24, 22:22
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
I just wanna note that there are 6,700 registered members to this forum. Not including the amount of 'guests' that browse the forum. Wouldn't be THAT bad of an idea, or at least have a thread maybe. Just my 2 cents.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2005-10-24, 22:40
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to rabbifoodslicer Send a message via MSN to rabbifoodslicer
isnt it also part of the MT rules not to do so???? not that i care but just for the sake of argument
Old 2005-10-24, 23:22
Post-whore

Um... like where does it say we're not allowed to speak of band classifieds? And if you don't care... why make it more difficult to get the people who do want this forum to be made?

Old 2005-10-25, 03:17
round the world
Administrator

I made it a poll. I'll add a new section if there's a strong demand for it.
Old 2005-10-25, 05:08
Post-whore

I appreciate the interest in my idea.

Old 2005-10-25, 09:28
Post-whore

Dosen't matter to me either way,I voted yes.
Old 2005-10-25, 10:13
Senior Metalhead

i hate to be a bastard but...

6,700 members. (for the sake of argument, yes i know you dont have to be a member to read the posts, but most of those members probably didn't ever read anything anyway.) over four years.

the worlds population is about 67,000,000,000
that means 1 in 1,000,000 people are a member of this site.

lets say i lived in london, in one of the worlds top 20 largest cities, with a population of 7,287,555.

roughly 7 people in london would see my drummer wanted advert. including me.

ii could be really silly, and say that since about 1 in 66 posts are in the drum zone, 1 in 66 people are drummers. giving a probability of one drummer from my area reading my advert every 9 or 10 years.
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"
Old 2005-10-25, 12:03
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon rA
i hate to be a bastard but...

6,700 members. (for the sake of argument, yes i know you dont have to be a member to read the posts, but most of those members probably didn't ever read anything anyway.) over four years.

the worlds population is about 67,000,000,000
that means 1 in 1,000,000 people are a member of this site.

lets say i lived in london, in one of the worlds top 20 largest cities, with a population of 7,287,555.

roughly 7 people in london would see my drummer wanted advert. including me.

ii could be really silly, and say that since about 1 in 66 posts are in the drum zone, 1 in 66 people are drummers. giving a probability of one drummer from my area reading my advert every 9 or 10 years.

You're assuming that all the forumers are equally distributed around the world. I think there's a bigger percentage of people in the US hence why I feel that I'll probably find someone interested in the area. But I've noticed there's also a bunch of forumers from Denmark, quite a few from Texas, a few in New Zealand, etc. Again, it would never hurt to try. I've put ads up on different classified sites and a few forums, but seeing as this is a metal-related site it would be a lot easier to find the kind of people for a metal band. Is it really that difficult to make a subforum?

And should this forum never be made, in what subforum can we talk about this?

Old 2005-10-25, 18:18
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

i assume most cities probably have a site(s) dedicated to the metal scene in that city. (www.ottawametal.com) and within those sites would be the best/most logical place to find people to join your band. sure the small towns won't have sites, but if you live in a small town, fucking go to some shows, talk to people and there you go. done deal.
Old 2005-10-25, 21:55
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
i assume most cities probably have a site(s) dedicated to the metal scene in that city. (www.ottawametal.com) and within those sites would be the best/most logical place to find people to join your band. sure the small towns won't have sites, but if you live in a small town, fucking go to some shows, talk to people and there you go. done deal.

Yeah... because there are metal shows in Union City, NJ... not. I'm just trying all my options.

Old 2005-10-26, 12:59
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Joe Rogers
One thing, its a good idea, but, unfourtunatly we aren't all who we say they are. I've had a few experiences where I "hired" someone to be in a band and it turns out that they sucked. Not even close to what they said they were. I guess its not a really bad thing but it kind of a waste of time. And You can never really tell if someone puts up a demo it might not be theres. But i guess it might be a little better on this forum because you guys are a little less... retarded. So overall I think it would be a good idea. I mean, what do you have to loose, if there is no one in your area then there is no one in your area. Too bad, now you are exactly were you were 5 seconds ago, no harm done. Just my two cents.
Old 2005-10-26, 13:05
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

It won't really work, it hardly does on global sites. So I voted no.
Old 2005-10-26, 15:17
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I'm sure it's hard enough to get good mods for our present forums, so I voted no.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-10-26, 20:24
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
It might declutter the other forums that people post their want ads in and have them all contained in one place, but to monitor if they're all legit would be impossible. A disclaimer at the beginning of the thread saying that would be okay and then people that post elsewhere get moved to that thread.

And you guys don't ever hire someone without seeing and hearing them play. That's what auditions are for. If they really want to do it they'll understand.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-10-27, 01:22
Senior Metalhead

<--- looking to form the hottest boy band since back street boys, but needs a drummer. San diego plz

i clicked yes btw..