MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2006-02-27, 00:48
Post-whore

Dean VX, Dean ML X, used Ibanez RG270 or RG321MH, Kramer Striker(check them at Musicyo.com) or check out the Ironbird I'm selling.

Shredhead, get the DXMG, instead of those two, mainly for the fact that I just bought one for 300$ with an original Floyd.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2006-02-27, 15:16
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ThornsOfHeaven200
I was checking out this ibanez guitar:
RGT42DX Black Pearl

I'm saving up cash already for some other stuff and not sure if i'm gonna buy this guitar, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it?

Also, has anyone ever had a 5 piece maple/walnut neck, does is sound better than a plain maple neck and is it more stable and strong since its 5 pieces?

Lastly, if its a neck thru how is made of a neck that is maple/walnut and a body of mahogany? I thought neck thru meant it was made of one continuous piece of wood?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Old 2006-02-27, 15:58
Toast-whore

Send a message via MSN to OpethFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
Lastly, if its a neck thru how is made of a neck that is maple/walnut and a body of mahogany? I thought neck thru meant it was made of one continuous piece of wood?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Looks fucking nice man I'd love one of those.

Neck thru's will have a joint where the neck meets the body, but it is built into the body instead of just being bolted on.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2006-02-28, 13:26
Senior Metalhead

i hate to change topic but i was told to post here instead.

has anyone played the bc rich nj warlock with neck thru (its a recent guitar, not an old one).

thers one going for pretty cheap but i wondered if anyone had played it as i dont want to get it if its not nice to play.

what is the neck like? is it fast? how thin is it?
whats the build quality like?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Last edited by jackson_metal_head : 2006-02-28 at 14:00.
Old 2006-02-28, 13:54
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to koglos
Suggestions welcome ...

I'm playing on a cheap Vantage guitar I bought way back in 2000. It has rusting pickups and a mangled-up bridge, goes out of tune all the time, has terrible intonation, puts out a lot of humming noise, poor action, and just sucks ass in general. It is seriously time for an upgrade. Here are my new guitar requirements:
Must have floyd-rose, and a nice bridge
Sweet sounding pickups
Type of neck does not matter much, because I will just adapt to it after a couple of weeks or so of playing.
Round / strat-style body would be most practical.
Willing to spend up to $1200 Canadian, new or used but in good condition.
I've been playing for 10 years, but I don't know anything about gear.
Please help me get something sick....

BTW, i play elton john .... no wait ... METAL
Old 2006-02-28, 14:16
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
alright...I know you said has to have a floyd...well first there is this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Jackson-SL...1QQcmdZViewItem

than this one...but it has a floyd:http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-Jackson...1QQcmdZViewItem

this one...very nice: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Soloist...1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry that its only jacksons...but they caught my eyes first

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2006-02-28, 23:10
New Blood

I am thinking about picking up a copley guitar. Any info.

http://www.simbaproducts.com/

(I know its not a big name brand, I have a limited budget. Any info on if there worth the price you pay for them or not)
Old 2006-03-02, 18:42
Senior Metalhead

ESP M-307 or 207, does anybody own one or know where to find one except ebay. Im asking this because im thinking about buying one. Is the neck any different than the H series?
Old 2006-03-03, 06:33
New Blood

For those seeking info on the B.C. Rich Warlock...

I play the platinum pro warlock (with floyd rose tremolo). Even though it is a cheap version of the guitar, I still love the thing more than any other guitar that I have played. For one thing, the BDSM humbuckers get a bad rap. There not as bad as most people say. I get a killer sound from them, even when using my 15 watt Marshall practice amp. Many people do disagree, but I guess most people are sheep! For me, the guitar is amazing...the sound, the neck, and the positioning...(standing up and sitting down)...the damn thing is just perfect! Not to mention easy on the eyes!!!

With that said, I do suggest that you play it before you buy it. But hell, that goes for any guitar!!!
Old 2006-03-03, 12:05
Senior Metalhead

i got the exact same guitar except that i finally changed my pickups to EMG ZW set because the BDSMs fuckin sucked ass. the guitar is good though and i got used to the neck even though its kinda sticky
Old 2006-03-03, 12:12
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talhead666
i got the exact same guitar except that i finally changed my pickups to EMG ZW set because the BDSMs fuckin sucked ass. the guitar is good though and i got used to the neck even though its kinda sticky

Yes, BSDM's are PURE ASS, no discussion. I had a pair in my NJ Ironbird and they sounded worse than bees in a tin can, no matter how much I fucked with the EQ. Weak fuzzy pieces of shit. You would expect semi-decent pups in a NJ series guitar since it's better than a Platinum or Bronze.

I put a ToneZone in the bridge and it sure stopped making me want to throw the guitar out the window. But I just sold it and got a Jackson DXMG, fuckerz.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2006-03-03, 14:51
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornsOfHeaven200
I was checking out this ibanez guitar:
RGT42DX Black Pearl

I'm saving up cash already for some other stuff and not sure if i'm gonna buy this guitar, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it?

Also, has anyone ever had a 5 piece maple/walnut neck, does is sound better than a plain maple neck and is it more stable and strong since its 5 pieces?

I have the model previous to this, the RGT42. I think the only differences are the colours and the fact the DX has sharksteeth inlays whereas mine has dots.

It's a great guitar, but I had a problem with my tremolo (the Edge Pro II) for some reason it kept snapping strings from day one, Low E's and A's and I'm not normally one for snapping strings especially the low ones. There was no apparent burring or sharp edges, but I have since stopped using the tremolo and I use thicker strings for a different tuning (in a different band) and it's fine.

A neck thru guitar by the way, the sides of the body (mahogany) are glued to the wood of the neck. The wood that the neck is made of (maple/walnut) runs right thru to where the rear strap button is screwed in, hence 'Neck-thru'. So there are 3 peices of wood involved. the 2 mahogany 'wings', and the neck's maple which makes up the centre of the guitar body (most of it is routed out for the pickups and the tremolo of course).

The heel is practically non existant for this reason (the heel is so scooped it doens't hit your hand at all while playing in the upper registers), and so the upper fret access is perfect.

I changed the pickups right away though, to brand new EMGs so all the electronics were replaced, so I can't really comment on that. The pickups were ok, but for that price range, they are only ever going to be "ok".

It's a good guitar, but I was concerned with the bridge. Being a new design, you can't simply replace it with an Original Floyd Rose/schaller trem, because the cavities are slightly different shapes. I haven't heard if the string breaking problem happened to anyone else with that guitar.
Old 2006-03-04, 03:17
Senior Metalhead

My next guitar is gonna be an ibanez 350dx, looks really close to the Jem except no monkey grip, no Evos... and no vine inlays. Its still fucking amazing!

also no lion claw for trem cavity

Last edited by m3talhead666 : 2006-03-04 at 03:30.
Old 2006-03-04, 10:56
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
I have the model previous to this, the RGT42. I think the only differences are the colours and the fact the DX has sharksteeth inlays whereas mine has dots.

It's a great guitar, but I had a problem with my tremolo (the Edge Pro II) for some reason it kept snapping strings from day one, Low E's and A's and I'm not normally one for snapping strings especially the low ones. There was no apparent burring or sharp edges, but I have since stopped using the tremolo and I use thicker strings for a different tuning (in a different band) and it's fine.

A neck thru guitar by the way, the sides of the body (mahogany) are glued to the wood of the neck. The wood that the neck is made of (maple/walnut) runs right thru to where the rear strap button is screwed in, hence 'Neck-thru'. So there are 3 peices of wood involved. the 2 mahogany 'wings', and the neck's maple which makes up the centre of the guitar body (most of it is routed out for the pickups and the tremolo of course).

The heel is practically non existant for this reason (the heel is so scooped it doens't hit your hand at all while playing in the upper registers), and so the upper fret access is perfect.

I changed the pickups right away though, to brand new EMGs so all the electronics were replaced, so I can't really comment on that. The pickups were ok, but for that price range, they are only ever going to be "ok".

It's a good guitar, but I was concerned with the bridge. Being a new design, you can't simply replace it with an Original Floyd Rose/schaller trem, because the cavities are slightly different shapes. I haven't heard if the string breaking problem happened to anyone else with that guitar.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably get the DX version of it and swap the stock pickups for an X2N/PAF Pro combo instead. I was actually thinking about changing the bridge to an OFR, but when i played one I realized the bridge cavity was smaller so it won't fit. But I've heard that the Edge Pro trems are the next bext trem aside from the OFR. But still, this sounds like a damn good guitar.
Old 2006-03-04, 11:01
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
My next guitar is gonna be an ibanez 350dx, looks really close to the Jem except no monkey grip, no Evos... and no vine inlays. Its still fucking amazing!

also no lion claw for trem cavity

I've played one of those. I love the Wizard necks, they're so thin and flat. It's definitely a good guitar to buy IMO.
Old 2006-03-04, 12:09
Senior Metalhead

what does the dx or ex stand for?
Old 2006-03-04, 12:39
Post-whore

Anyone ever played a Jackson KVX10 King V? I'm going to sell my DXMG with original Floyd and get that. I just bought the DXMG but I'm really disappointed cause I can't get used to the body(super-strat). I always thought strats would be more comfortable, but I'm getting cramps from playing it... a shame. I won't be using the Floyd all that much so I guess I'll be fine with another good fixed bridge, so I'm getting a KVX10.

Old 2006-03-04, 17:29
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
what does the dx or ex stand for?

Honestly I'm not really sure. Maybe DEluxe or EXtra? But if the guitar has DX or EX at the end of the model name, i guess it has something extra than the model without the DX or EX.
Old 2006-03-04, 18:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Anyone ever played a Jackson KVX10 King V? I'm going to sell my DXMG with original Floyd and get that. I just bought the DXMG but I'm really disappointed cause I can't get used to the body(super-strat). I always thought strats would be more comfortable, but I'm getting cramps from playing it... a shame. I won't be using the Floyd all that much so I guess I'll be fine with another good fixed bridge, so I'm getting a KVX10.

you go through alot of guitars dont you shame about it but

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy
Old 2006-03-04, 19:07
Post-whore

Yeah, but it's good to try a lot to find which one clicks with you. Kellys or any explorer-like shapes are perfect for me, but I already own a great playing Kelly which I'm about to put through some serious upgrading... and I don't really want another one that looks like it. I played a V once and I recall that the position was pretty comfortable(although a bit neck heavy due to poorly located strap buttons).

So yeah, I'll get a KVX10. A shame cause I really wanted something with a Floyd and 24 frets, and the only ones I could afford were super-strats, and I can't get used to strat shapes. Can't afford a KV-2 either... anyone know of any other V's that come with Floyds? If not it's cool, I'll get a KVX10 and have it routed for a trem(maybe a Kahler) in the future.

I considered the Dean ML XT Noir cause it has a decent licensed floyd, but the all-black thing looks icky and it's only 22 frets, so it's not what I'm looking for.

Last edited by Soeru : 2006-03-04 at 19:11.