MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-11-13, 13:51
Metalhead

It's a bit off-topic but I don't see why left handed people play left handed guitars. I'm a lefty but play right handed ones. It's easier to do the complex fretting and fingerings with your dominant hand and use your weaker (right) hand to just pick. It also makes your selection of guitars to buy a lot broader.
Old 2005-11-13, 14:04
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
I know Pat O brien is left handed but he plays right handed. Left handed people that play right handed usually have a pretty fast fretting hand.

Anyways, if you need help buying a guitar, buy this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-RX10D-R...1QQcmdZViewItem
You cant go wrong buying from me!
Old 2005-11-13, 14:20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCS
I know Pat O brien is left handed but he plays right handed. Left handed people that play right handed usually have a pretty fast fretting hand.

Anyways, if you need help buying a guitar, buy this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-RX10D-R...1QQcmdZViewItem
You cant go wrong buying from me!

Shut the fuck up about your guitar! Seriously, someone will see it and bid on it, so relax. I'd go for it but I don't have much cash... I'm saving up for a Kramer Striker with a Floyd Rose. They're supposed to be real good for the price, and I'm just dying to experiment with a Floyd guitar. It's either that one or an ESP Ltd. M-100, also a decent Floyd guitar in my price range, whichever I spot cheap as hell on ebay first when I have the cash.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Last edited by Soeru : 2005-11-13 at 14:23.
Old 2005-11-13, 15:38
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
oh, I'm done now
Old 2005-11-14, 18:32
Post-whore

What do y'all think of these guitars? : http://www.musicyo.com/brandpos.asp...triker%20Series

I'm interested in the Floyd Rose ones. The only difference between the FR ones is the neck single coil, but everything else is exactly the same. They look very nice, eh? Are these new models that haven't been released yet, or have these Striker models been around for a while? This will definately be my next axe, just thought I'd hear what you guys think of it.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Old 2005-11-15, 03:27
Post-whore

Well, They look nice. But I don't know if they play right. I believe O'brien20 has a kramer.
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+
Old 2005-11-26, 15:42
New Blood

buying guitars

you can buy a ibanez grx20 for 150 on musicians friend it will be a tremolo bar bridge but it wont be locking it will be realy hard to find a locking tremolo under 150 the floyd rose locking tremolos cost 200 just on their own if not then you can buy a epiphone sg special for 150 its standard tune-o-matic bridge this was my first guitar.
Old 2005-11-26, 20:54
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by framing R. kelly
you can buy a ibanez grx20 for 150 on musicians friend it will be a tremolo bar bridge but it wont be locking it will be realy hard to find a locking tremolo under 150 the floyd rose locking tremolos cost 200 just on their own if not then you can buy a epiphone sg special for 150 its standard tune-o-matic bridge this was my first guitar.

I got a guitar w/floyd rose for $80. It was of ebay but still, a floyd is a floyd
Old 2005-11-26, 20:57
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Feet_Under_420
Well, They look nice. But I don't know if they play right. I believe O'brien20 has a kramer.

Trey Azagthoth and Kai Hansen have played Kramers. They're obscure but I've read real good reviews and they all say they have thin low profile necks. Sounds great. I might get one of these less I can get an Ltd. M-100 for significantly cheaper.

Old 2005-11-27, 05:00
New Blood

Gibson SG vs. Jackson Rhoads for 80s sleaze metal and black metal.

Pro's and con's for both? I have narrowed my next guitar down to those two.
Old 2005-11-30, 10:00
New Blood

Send a message via ICQ to VolVox
ok
I want to buy a newguitar because it seems like id have to change from bass to lead guitar. However, i dont want to spend more than 350€, thats about 410$, i guess. I need a floyd rose and 24 frets. It may look a bit odd and crazy, but thats not a must. Our style is not unlikely to Slayer (--> floyd rose, haha), Destruction or At the Gates. Any recommendations?
Old 2005-11-30, 12:32
New Blood

What's the best electric acoustic for the money?

Manx
Old 2005-12-01, 19:18
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Destroyer_of_Senses
new guitar

Im loking fora new guitar perferrably an ibanez/jackson/ESp or a knockoff that looks good and is built well. If you guys could give me links to pics of gutiars that are uniue or loook different with crazy body shapes or paintjobs itd be apreciated. Thanks
Old 2005-12-01, 23:40
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Joe Rogers
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolVox
ok
I want to buy a newguitar because it seems like id have to change from bass to lead guitar. However, i dont want to spend more than 350€, thats about 410$, i guess. I need a floyd rose and 24 frets. It may look a bit odd and crazy, but thats not a must. Our style is not unlikely to Slayer (--> floyd rose, haha), Destruction or At the Gates. Any recommendations?

I personaly would look into an esp. $410 is a little low for anything with a floyd, 24 frets and sounds good, maybe check ebay though. Good luck man.
Old 2005-12-02, 10:41
New Blood

Send a message via ICQ to VolVox
ok thank you

edit: I think its gonna be a ltd M-100FM, then ill buy some active emgs, 81 and 85 or sth like that. Would that work?

Last edited by VolVox : 2005-12-02 at 11:16.
Old 2005-12-02, 19:42
Jono

Send a message via MSN to *insert name here*
Haha there are so many people asking,and barely anyone replies.
Old 2005-12-02, 22:11
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogers
I personaly would look into an esp. $410 is a little low for anything with a floyd, 24 frets and sounds good, maybe check ebay though. Good luck man.

Not necessarily. Look into Kramer guitars. Or a used Jackson. Brilliant fucking well built Floyd-equipped guitars that can be had for well under $400. I'm going to get one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer_of_Senses
Im loking fora new guitar perferrably an ibanez/jackson/ESp or a knockoff that looks good and is built well. If you guys could give me links to pics of gutiars that are uniue or loook different with crazy body shapes or paintjobs itd be apreciated. Thanks

There are some very cheap knockoffs at Rondomusic.net. The Agile Les Pauls are supposed to be of real good build quality, as well as the set-neck Explorer rip-off from SX.

Old 2005-12-04, 00:50
New Blood

Ibanez HR Giger

I am thinking of buying a Ibanez HR Giger guitar, the one with the Edge Pro on it. Is the Edge Pro a good tremelo system, what are the stock pickups like, has any one played one of these guitars
any help what so ever would be thoroughly appreciated
Old 2005-12-04, 01:38
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolVox
ok thank you

edit: I think its gonna be a ltd M-100FM, then ill buy some active emgs, 81 and 85 or sth like that. Would that work?

I'd get atleast an M-200. ESP's and LTD's can be great but the ones lower than that aren't half as good.
Old 2005-12-04, 04:55
Senior Metalhead

How come BC Rich guitars are all bad, i have a platinum pro warlock with a floyd rose and it works, the pickups are shit but im ordering a ZW set