MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2008-07-22, 15:45
New Blood

Hey everyone,

I'm a beginner guitarist, and after having played a Fender Squier for a while, I've started looking for a new guitar. I mostly aim to become a rhythm guitarist, but I intend to play allsorts of riffs. As for musical styles, I intend to play black metal (meaning I will mostly tremolo pick).

I'm not yet sure how much money I can invest, but I would imagine it's better not to spend too much, considering I'm still a beginner after all.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for replies and recommendations.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:57
Post-whore

Get a js30 series Jackson...they are mega cheap and you can put Seymour Duncan's in it later too upgrade it.

Old 2008-07-22, 16:29
New Blood

JS30KE seems like one I might like. It really is cheap, almost as cheap as my Squier; I was ready to pay a lot more than that, but I trust it's a good guitar.

Any other guitars I should consider?
Old 2008-07-22, 16:53
Post-whore

well, if you want to pay more try for an x series, although I've heard these are bad....the one I played I liked quite a bit.

you could always go for a pro series if you have the money...my main guitar is a pro RR3, and it is amazing for the price!

Old 2008-07-22, 17:32
New Blood

Thanks, I appreaciate your help. I'll most likely buy either JS30KE or pro series KE-3, depending on whether I have the money (or the need, for that matter) for the more expensive one.
Old 2008-07-22, 17:36
Post-whore

Cool, a lot of people might warn you about the liscensed trem on the pro series, but I will tell you from experience with that exact trem, it works just fine. People start to stereotype all liscensed floyds as the bad ones. The Jackson low-profile ones hold up very well.

Old 2008-08-18, 19:15
Senior Metalhead

Ok i'm about to buy a new seven string. A loomis-7 which is a Schecter Loomis sig series but string through with no floyd. I already have a Hamer chapparal 6 string with a floyd. Anyway, is there any objections to this 7 string or any other guitars in this price range I should check out? My limit is 1200 bucks. I don't care for Carvins as I used to own one and did not like it at all.
Old 2008-08-19, 05:39
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombietime
Ok i'm about to buy a new seven string. A loomis-7 which is a Schecter Loomis sig series but string through with no floyd. I already have a Hamer chapparal 6 string with a floyd. Anyway, is there any objections to this 7 string or any other guitars in this price range I should check out? My limit is 1200 bucks. I don't care for Carvins as I used to own one and did not like it at all.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Loomis...Only thing though is Schecter have a lot chunkier necks than say like an Ibanez so I would definatley try to play one first. Dude Maple fretboards:
Old 2008-08-19, 16:45
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auyard
I've heard a lot of good things about the Loomis...Only thing though is Schecter have a lot chunkier necks than say like an Ibanez so I would definatley try to play one first. Dude Maple fretboards:

Yah I heard they were thick but I have big hands with long gangly fingers so it might work out. My Hamer neck is kinda thin and I don't really care for it. I'm trying to find another 7 sting I like more but I keep going back to the loomis even though I don't care much for the satin finish. The maple neck is a definite selling point though. Very nice.
Old 2008-08-20, 16:36
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombietime
Yah I heard they were thick but I have big hands with long gangly fingers so it might work out. My Hamer neck is kinda thin and I don't really care for it. I'm trying to find another 7 sting I like more but I keep going back to the loomis even though I don't care much for the satin finish. The maple neck is a definite selling point though. Very nice.

Check out Agile guitars then. They have a few 7s with maple necks, except they are only available in limited runs. Rondomusic.com I've ONLY heard good things about them, but I have no idea how the neck feels...and no satin finish.
Old 2008-08-20, 16:49
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auyard
Check out Agile guitars then. They have a few 7s with maple necks, except they are only available in limited runs. Rondomusic.com I've ONLY heard good things about them, but I have no idea how the neck feels...and no satin finish.

Nah dude, i'm cheap but i'm not that cheap.
Old 2008-09-07, 11:06
New Blood

what do you think about this guitar?

http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_calibre.html

To get the one called lord
Old 2008-09-07, 11:28
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVASTATOR23
what do you think about this guitar?

http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_calibre.html

the calibres are NICE. Bc rich is known for their low quality, but they've seriously stepped up their game in the last few years. The calibres, exotic classics, and specials are all fucking sweet guitars. I actually have a mockingbird special and it PWNS. Go play one though, make sure the body fits you.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Old 2008-09-07, 11:57
New Blood

But what about nato body? Is there real difference in sound, sustain...etc. between mahogany and nato? And what do you think, is there a marketing hoax related to calibre warlock neck? It is not specified is it quarter sawn, flat sawn, 3 piece, 5 piece...action rod...
I am buying guitar once in 10 years, so...
Old 2008-09-08, 04:45
New Blood

...to much questions...
...anyone played one...
Old 2008-11-02, 09:01
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to WhippedLash
Hey. Im a total noob. I need help from more experienced players to buy my first guitar. I want to make 80s thrash and/or later death metal. I dont want a guitar that looks overdone, like the Warlock and ect, but also not underdone, like the classic ones. KxK Warrior V gives me a huge boner, but im too poor to pay $2k lol
http://www.auctionlistingcreator.co...mages/vdelx.jpg
This one looks pretty ffing sweet. Usual BC Rich headstock's look overdone aswell but this is awesome. Only thing that buggs me is that the headstock should be pointing downwards not upwards.. But I shouldn't be so picky, i guess.
Around $500-600.
Thank you to everyone who help
..others, I hope you burn in hell
xD
jk jk
Old 2008-11-02, 10:21
New Blood

Send a message via MSN to WhippedLash
Bloody hell! Iv been lookin for weeks, now found the perfect one. Jackson Flying V.

http://www.8thstreet.com/images/jackson-js30kv-blk.jpg

Is it a good one for the style im interested in?
Old 2008-11-13, 14:24
New Blood

Here's a review of King V (and comparison to ESP MII), I suggest you watch it before buying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPsRUub2t-A
Old 2008-12-18, 08:39
New Blood

Hey, about a year ago i bought http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson...242-i1147610.gc somehow i got it half off but i had problems working with it action was extremely high, tuning was horrible, with no experience with floyd roses i thought it was me and did some research on how to fix up guitars with tremolos eventually... it got to be too much work for me and i went back to playing my Rg120. But a year has passed and i really want to get back on the horse. So i have about $450 to spend and i'm looking for a guitar with a tremolo in it any suggestions? I also have an emg 81-85 set to put into whatever i get so, body, bridge, and neck are priority, i hear ibanez edge 3 bridges are nice but i am willing to buy the tremolo bridge seperate if it's worth it. keep in mind i can only go through guitar center due to gift card reasons. I'm looking for something to get my feet wet, something that i won't rack my brain trying to tune and set the action on. Also does anybody has a good website for tremolo bridges? things covering, Truss rod adjustments, Tuning, and setting the action up on a tremolo bridge. I know i may be asking for alot for the little i have to spend but i figured my best chance would be here. Anyways Thankyou in advance.