MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2005-09-08, 15:57
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
well i'm not in high school yet, i'm supposed to be but i failed, but i plan on going to some music univercity and professionaly take music. that's my goal.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2005-09-08, 16:00
Post-whore

I used to study small bussines and retail management at a higher school for economics. But I dropped out. and now I work at a warehouse...
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Last edited by Six_Feet_Under_420 : 2005-09-09 at 02:06.
Old 2005-09-08, 16:09
Senior Metalhead

wow your lucky truthdevoid, i have yet to see any metal heads at where my university, nnot even one out of the many thousands of faces i must of seen. or maybe im not looking in the right places, the clossest was some guy with a zeppelin shirt
Old 2005-09-08, 16:12
Drugged Unholy

tuition is about 11 grand per semester. housing is about 6 a semester. If you play something becides guitar you have a decent chance of getting a scholarship. But theres just so many guitar players here that for a guitarist to get a scholarship, you really have to be special. Yeah a lot of metal tours come up this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Old 2005-09-08, 16:36
Senior Metalhead

holy shit 11 grand for a semester??? do you have one or two semesters at that music school? and it must be one hell of music schoool to be charging that much
Old 2005-09-08, 16:52
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Most private schools charge 30 or so for the whole year, and fuck that is a lot of money. For me, UNT tuition is just over 3 grand a semester for 15 credits. I also live in an apartment for $475/mo(all bills paid), and my food bill is like 50 bucks every couple of weeks.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-09-08, 17:13
HES BAAACK

man i bet i could feed myself for about 10 bucks a week, just gotta be satisfied with cheap stuff like rice cakes and beans

truthdevoid how the hell are you paying for that
Old 2005-09-08, 19:56
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to IlikeRiffseveryone Send a message via MSN to IlikeRiffseveryone
Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
well i'm not in high school yet, i'm supposed to be but i failed, but i plan on going to some music univercity and professionaly take music. that's my goal.

Yeah, My guitar is taking music and once i heard about that i realised that it would be fucking awesome to take it myself.
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.
Old 2005-09-09, 01:54
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
man i bet i could feed myself for about 10 bucks a week, just gotta be satisfied with cheap stuff like rice cakes and beans

truthdevoid how the hell are you paying for that

Not easily

Quote:

Quote:
Old 2005-09-09, 05:52
HES BAAACK

think your music education is worth bieng 20,000 in the hole? (im not being a jerk or anything, its an honest to god question with no judgement)
Old 2005-09-09, 08:00
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
More like $100,000 by the time he is finished.
Old 2005-09-09, 08:41
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Im doing a national diploma in Music Practice at my first year at college, it should be my second year but i chose to work straight after high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Old 2005-09-09, 10:29
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
You've gotta be a certain special kind of dumb to fail 8th grade
Old 2005-09-09, 14:34
HES BAAACK

ive never even failed a class, just one math final a few years ago...
Old 2005-09-09, 14:53
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Lets see, where to start off. First I wanted to do somthing in computers and technology, ill start my story there.

At first it was allabout games and what not, I wanted to be a programer, went out bought a C++ package, wasn't really my thing. After that I tought myself how to make 3d maps for some games (mostly half life engine, counter strike) and made a couple maps and lost intrest. I then started editing and adding on to 3d models in games, and then pursued making my own, but my artistic (drwawing orientated) abilities arnt that great, so I sucked at that. During that whole time I was building and repairing computers for people and some businesses, so I took a course on A+ Certification, but I already knew everything in that, never took the time to get certified yet. My Sophmore and Juinor years of highschool I took a 2 year full Cisco (computer networking), havnt taken the time to study more and get my CCNA yet. Senior year was mostly guitar/music orientated.

After I graduated high school (4 months ago) I got an internship for the Eagle County Government IT Department in Vail Valley. I lived up here for the last 3 months, and this is my last day for the internship, then I move back down to longmont. Ive learned a lot about life, and people living up here and decided after spending my whole life working with computers that I probably won't pursue that as a career. But while I was up here they sent me to Lefthand Networks and I got iSCSI SAN (Storage Area Network Protocol) certified, cool I guess, looks good on resume.

While living up here I have been looking into many options regarding the future of my life, and decided that computers, for now, "aint my thang". I have decided to pursue some kind of education that will further my knowledge and respect for music. I never thought I would be so into music my whole life, I played piano for about 9 years (got really good, now after never playing I suck ass) during that i played trumpet in school band for 5 years, and have been playing guitar for about 2-3 years. I plan on doing some sort of Sound Engineering and Production/Recording (Latley i have really been enjoying doing recordings of my own, utilizing all sorts of different techniques) I don't know where im gonna it, but this thread is helping out (full sail is an option, and berklee or wherever truth devoid is going sounds way to $$$$) I also am interested in doing electronic engineering, for education towards building amps, pickups, and other things. One other thing I want to learn to widen my musical abilities is lutherie. A school in pheonix, only a state away, sounds promising http://www.roberto-venn.com/ . A 5 month vocational program that offers a lutherie certification at the end. They also offer a basic woodworking shop, and an amp building class there I would take if I went.

Yesterday I talked with a lady who went to the navy and studied electronics. She said the navy has one of the best schools for electronics, and offers great on field work. I was very interested in that possibiltiy, I dunno if the navy would be my thing though, I wanna talk to more people. (Soulinsane ) It seems to good too be true, get paid a bonus to join the navy, take free schooling from some of the best electronics courses out there, get promoted to E-5 after schooling and automaticly be above all the other peons and get paid more, serve for 4 years and get some good experiance. Then once out of the navy you get a GI bill which pays for 3 or 4 years of college (somthing like that) so pursing a Production course like Truth Devoids would actually be possible for me. Seems like a very very promising alternative, but who knows, ive only just started my life after high school.

All in all I have so many options in life right now, I dont know where to begin... Plus theres always the big final dream, being in a band that makes it. All that stuff above is just my backup plan if that never happens
Old 2005-09-09, 15:41
Forum Leader

Quote:

You'd be one skinny mutherfucker.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
Old 2005-09-09, 15:42
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
Not easily

FAFSA?

This is my band's page
Old 2005-09-09, 16:47
Drugged Unholy

FAFSA, loans and stuff

Quote:

Quote:
Old 2005-09-09, 17:46
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
Quote:
ive never even failed a class, just one math final a few years ago...

I failed a science final once, but in my defence the teacher sucked at teaching and my whole class failed it
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2005-09-09, 21:48
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
FAFSA, loans and stuff

Hm. That'll do it. I'm just using fafsa. I always get a student loan, a pell grant, and a university grant.

This is my band's page