MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-09-05, 23:19
Transient
HES BAAACK

The Metaltabs College thread

since im on such a roll with making threads, i thought id give this one a try. i think this could be a pretty long term thread. as far as i know we have quite a few seniors in high school (myself being one) who are starting to think about college. id like ot hear everyones plans and what theyre interested in...and if youre already in college talk about what youre taking and how youre doing. if youre not in college.... well, explain why and what job youre working now

as for myself, im intending to commute for two years to a community college to take the basic required courses and get them out of the way. the college offers some pretty cool classes too, like music business, music on the computer, and german. its about 25 minutes away from here and i will have my own car by then. after two years (but it can be done after one) i plan on transferring to SUNY Albany where ill finish out my 4 year degree (probably a history major) and study abroad most for a semester at univeristy at københavn (copenhagen).

whyd i develop this plan? my familys not made of money, and comm colleges are about 2 grand a year compared to a suny school or god forbid a private school, which can easily go from 10-20 grand. i dont have a real desire for the college social scene (id like to NOT be an alcoholic...). the execrator is a year below me,so if everything continues to work between us we could have an extra year to jam and write.

well thats my long winded story about my plans, lets hear yours

Old 2005-09-05, 23:35
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Well for A-Levels I'm taking Physics, Musics, ICT and Pyschology (as an AS). My plan is to take Sound Engineering at University, and get some kind of degree in that.

My parents could fund my further education, but I'll choose to take out a loan (or whatever way students get money for Uni. these days), just so I can say "I got through Uni without your help, you bastards!". Pride's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Old 2005-09-06, 00:04
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I graduated last May with a bachelor's in computer science and a bachelor's in information systems. Hoping to get a job workin for the department of defense and hopefully can get stationed somewhere in europe.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-09-06, 00:08
Transient
HES BAAACK

awesome ,making something of yourself then dave

Old 2005-09-06, 00:14
Kalmahswamp
Post-whore

Undecided on everything as of now

Old 2005-09-06, 00:52
guitar_demon
MotörCat

my somewhat undefined plan is as followes

go to college for music at either a school in north dakota or in washington (probably the on in washington)
major in music though not sure what specificly
minor in norwegian and scandinavian studys
the one in washington has about the same music program as the one in NK but their scandinavian study is one of the oldest and prestige. go study abroad after I get a good grasp of norwegian and feel that I could manage there. graduate from that shat
then try and get into the olso school of music to further my knowledge and to get over into norway as my way in then hopefully be able to get citizenship there and live in the norwegian country side outside of trondheim possably.

big plans I know, one step at a time we'll see how they plan out. even if they dont plan out like that and chances are they wont I really really want to end up in norway one way or another and live there for the end of my days
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-09-06, 00:58
fatdanny
Post-whore

I'm about to start my 3rd year of a chemistry degree at somerville college, Oxford. Going well so far, my last exams went well (high 2.1), but only count 25%. Next summer's exams counts 50% (woo), and the final 25% is based on my thesis in the 4th year (a year spent in a research lab). If all goes to plan I will come out with a Master's degree in Chemistry.

I definately want to move into the chemical industry/research, and at the moment pharmaceutical chemistry seems the most attractive, definately organic chemistry anyway.

Old 2005-09-06, 01:03
Transient
HES BAAACK

you brits have a very different approach to schooling than we do. differnet test layouts and names and stuff, its kind of confusing

Old 2005-09-06, 01:07
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Oh one thing I forgot to mention, once I finish Uni, I'll try and find a decent place to live. GD and Trans know what I'm talking about!

Old 2005-09-06, 01:14
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I'm going to enroll in a Webmastering class.

Old 2005-09-06, 01:15
fatdanny
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
you brits have a very different approach to schooling than we do. differnet test layouts and names and stuff, its kind of confusing

Degrees (in the UK at least) are classed with numbers. 1st class is the best, 2nd class is split into two, 2.1 and 2.2 (2.1 being higher), and then you have 3rd, which is the worst (apart from a fail).

My course has exams at the end of each of the first 3 years, the 1st year test only requires a pass in order to be accepted for the second year, 2nd yr test counts 25% of the final grade, 3rd year counts 50%, I have to write a thesis in the 4th year that counts for the last 25%.
The testing varies from course to course though, depending on the subject, the university and the length of the course.

Old 2005-09-06, 01:30
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Im not goin to college or Uni, well at least i dont have plans to yet.

Im doing a computer technician course next year, then maybe a course in networking or sometihng.
See where that leads me.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-09-06, 01:56
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
I graduated last May with a bachelor's in computer science...

Hmm, that's actually what im thinking about going for. How was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-09-06, 02:15
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
I graduated last May with a bachelor's in computer science and a bachelor's in information systems. Hoping to get a job workin for the department of defense and hopefully can get stationed somewhere in europe.

Good luck bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmahswamp
Undecided on everything as of now

Yeah,about the same here.

Old 2005-09-06, 02:42
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Degrees (in the UK at least) are classed with numbers. 1st class is the best, 2nd class is split into two, 2.1 and 2.2 (2.1 being higher), and then you have 3rd, which is the worst (apart from a fail).

My course has exams at the end of each of the first 3 years, the 1st year test only requires a pass in order to be accepted for the second year, 2nd yr test counts 25% of the final grade, 3rd year counts 50%, I have to write a thesis in the 4th year that counts for the last 25%.
The testing varies from course to course though, depending on the subject, the university and the length of the course.

thanks for explaining

Old 2005-09-06, 02:51
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Tomorrow I start my sophmore year of college. I'm actually pretty excited. I love college EXPONENTIALLY better than high school. Right now I am an English major and will be taking on a German minor this year. With this minor, I can go back to Germany for a year or more and still study English there. I am also going to check out studying abroad in Scandanavia. Realistic job: Writer, linguist, translator...something to do with language or culter. Dream job: Full time hiker. If I become pretty good at what I do, I can actually go hiking for long periods of time since it requires not so much money. So actually both are pretty realistic. I have no interest in a family at this time, so I won't have anything to keep me from not doing it (my girlfriend is always welcome to come on trips ). Right now, my marks are pretty good...3.84.

Old 2005-09-06, 02:52
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

i need to worry about my high school grades before i worry about college.

Old 2005-09-06, 02:56
DEAD
Post-whore

I graduate last year with honors and my choice of many different schools. I took Calculus, Physics, Physiology, AP Langa nd Comp, ect ect. to get into a good school, and it was basicly all wasted (except for the fact I learned something) since I'm now going to Summit School of Guitar Luithery in April. I'm taking the Master's COurse with is 11 months in British Columbia and than 1 month spent in Sweeden. It is pretty pricey costing something like $35,000 Canadian, but well worth it to spen dthe rest of my life doing something I love.

The school has a website if anyone else is interested to know more.
http://www.luthiers-international.com/
Comforting silence

Old 2005-09-06, 03:01
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Wow that's pretty awesome. You could be the Metaltabs resident luthier.

Old 2005-09-06, 03:40
Transient
HES BAAACK

hah youre off to sweden. awesome man. seems like everyone here is pretty damn sure about what they want

Old 2005-09-06, 04:02
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
hah youre off to sweden. awesome man. seems like everyone here is pretty damn sure about what they want

Ha. Not me. I have no idea what the fuck im gonna do with my life. The only reason i know what college i want to go to is because i dont want to leave my girlfriend, so im goin to a nearby state uni.

Old 2005-09-06, 05:24
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Im in my 3rd year of undergraduate degrees in both Computer Science and Business (accounting).
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-09-06, 10:14
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
thanks for explaining

I explained in detail every stage of my education from 16 onwards about a month ago in the RTT!

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-09-06, 11:23
autumncurve
Post-whore

Im about to start my second year at college, enrolling in about an hour actually. Kinda worried though because my AS grades sucked so i can only hope theyll take me on for A level.
If not, its off to work!
fuck repeating AS's...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2005-09-06, 12:16
low-tech
Post-whore

i might go back to community college when im 30, it will only be then that i will feel ready for higher learning

Old 2005-09-06, 19:20
DEAD
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
Ha. Not me. I have no idea what the fuck im gonna do with my life. The only reason i know what college i want to go to is because i dont want to leave my girlfriend, so im goin to a nearby state uni.

Wow, I would never curb my life plans for another person like that. I almost made that mistake and see how it would have basiclly fucked my whole life up.
Comforting silence

Old 2005-09-06, 19:44
KevC
Senior Metalhead

well my first day of university is starting tomorrow, and its my first year. I'm majoring in kinesiology and health sciences, main focus is either become a physiotherapist or a ergonomist. since i myself have a horrible back i want to help out ppl with the same problems.

Old 2005-09-06, 19:52
Transient
HES BAAACK

kinesiology? whats that? good luck tomorrow

Old 2005-09-06, 19:57
KevC
Senior Metalhead

oh its studying the body's movement and the mechanics of the body's motions

Old 2005-09-06, 19:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

good luck, then. fellow back pain sufferer

Old 2005-09-06, 20:03
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hahaha thanks, it'll be hard work, but atleast ill be surrounded by girls there, since there seems to be alot more girls majoring in it than males

Old 2005-09-06, 20:43
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I'm a Junior at a music college studying for an undergraduate BA in music. So far, I've tested out of my principle instrument, and am in my last term of theory/aural skills/piano. Basically all I've got left is 2 or so years of core classes. I havn't decided yet, but I might try to get an easy minor in some sort of business or music production thing. I'll also get a teacher's certificate and probably end up substitute teaching whenver I'm in a tight spot.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-09-07, 00:03
cw4119
Senior Metalhead

im in my sophomore year of high school right now, in a magnet program for digital design (PageMaker, Photoshop, Maya) when I graduate I plan to go to a private college called full-sail which is very costly but im trying to get good grades for a scholarship. I will be going there for 3d modeling/animation (Maya).

Old 2005-09-07, 00:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

hey, ive seen tons of adds for full sail. they do a music program too...music production and engineering. very cool ,youre the first person ive talked to regarding it

Old 2005-09-07, 04:19
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Hmm, that's actually what im thinking about going for. How was it?

It wasn't bad. It's alot of programming! C, C++, some Java. Different schools have different emphasis for their computer science degree. We focused alot on Object Oriented application software development. Ever had any programming experience? Cause it's all about whether you enjoy doing it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4119
im in my sophomore year of high school right now, in a magnet program for digital design (PageMaker, Photoshop, Maya) when I graduate I plan to go to a private college called full-sail which is very costly but im trying to get good grades for a scholarship. I will be going there for 3d modeling/animation (Maya).

Great school! Took a tour of full-sail in Orlando when I was on spring break out there. Their movie editing was kick ass. Game programming was fuckin unreal. Also, they one of two of these types of recording studios in the world. Ha, the chairs we sat in while they spoke about the studio cost $1000. That's the closest 'my ass' will come to $1000.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Last edited by davie_gravy : 2005-09-07 at 04:24.

Old 2005-09-07, 10:09
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
well my first day of university is starting tomorrow, and its my first year. I'm majoring in kinesiology and health sciences, main focus is either become a physiotherapist or a ergonomist. since i myself have a horrible back i want to help out ppl with the same problems.

Remember, Chiropractors are evil.

Old 2005-09-07, 10:34
KevC
Senior Metalhead

haha whys that?

Old 2005-09-07, 10:38
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Because I said so.

The fact that my dad is a physio has nothing to do with my opinion.

Old 2005-09-08, 20:45
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I'm dorming at Berklee College of Music in Boston. I plan on majoring in Music Production and Engineering (MP&E). Classes haven't started yet, they start monday or tuesday, i forget actually. It's fucking awesome here though. I didn't think there would be many metalheads here but there's about 6 of us on my floor alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2005-09-08, 20:53
Transient
HES BAAACK

ive heard that its very expensive to go there. how much is that costing you? i bet youll be able to catch every metal tour that goes on in the states too...

Old 2005-09-08, 20:57
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

well i'm not in high school yet, i'm supposed to be but i failed, but i plan on going to some music univercity and professionaly take music. that's my goal.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-09-08, 21:00
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

I used to study small bussines and retail management at a higher school for economics. But I dropped out. and now I work at a warehouse...
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Last edited by Six_Feet_Under_420 : 2005-09-09 at 07:06.

Old 2005-09-08, 21:09
KevC
Senior Metalhead

wow your lucky truthdevoid, i have yet to see any metal heads at where my university, nnot even one out of the many thousands of faces i must of seen. or maybe im not looking in the right places, the clossest was some guy with a zeppelin shirt

Old 2005-09-08, 21:12
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

tuition is about 11 grand per semester. housing is about 6 a semester. If you play something becides guitar you have a decent chance of getting a scholarship. But theres just so many guitar players here that for a guitarist to get a scholarship, you really have to be special. Yeah a lot of metal tours come up this way

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-09-08, 21:36
KevC
Senior Metalhead

holy shit 11 grand for a semester??? do you have one or two semesters at that music school? and it must be one hell of music schoool to be charging that much

Old 2005-09-08, 21:52
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Most private schools charge 30 or so for the whole year, and fuck that is a lot of money. For me, UNT tuition is just over 3 grand a semester for 15 credits. I also live in an apartment for $475/mo(all bills paid), and my food bill is like 50 bucks every couple of weeks.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-08, 22:13
Transient
HES BAAACK

man i bet i could feed myself for about 10 bucks a week, just gotta be satisfied with cheap stuff like rice cakes and beans

truthdevoid how the hell are you paying for that

Old 2005-09-09, 00:56
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
well i'm not in high school yet, i'm supposed to be but i failed, but i plan on going to some music univercity and professionaly take music. that's my goal.

Yeah, My guitar is taking music and once i heard about that i realised that it would be fucking awesome to take it myself.
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.

Old 2005-09-09, 06:54
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
man i bet i could feed myself for about 10 bucks a week, just gotta be satisfied with cheap stuff like rice cakes and beans

truthdevoid how the hell are you paying for that

Not easily

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-09-09, 10:52
Transient
HES BAAACK

think your music education is worth bieng 20,000 in the hole? (im not being a jerk or anything, its an honest to god question with no judgement)

Old 2005-09-09, 13:00
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

More like $100,000 by the time he is finished.

Old 2005-09-09, 13:41
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Im doing a national diploma in Music Practice at my first year at college, it should be my second year but i chose to work straight after high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2005-09-09, 15:29
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

You've gotta be a certain special kind of dumb to fail 8th grade

Old 2005-09-09, 19:34
Transient
HES BAAACK

ive never even failed a class, just one math final a few years ago...

Old 2005-09-09, 19:53
h4x5k8
Post-whore

Lets see, where to start off. First I wanted to do somthing in computers and technology, ill start my story there.

At first it was allabout games and what not, I wanted to be a programer, went out bought a C++ package, wasn't really my thing. After that I tought myself how to make 3d maps for some games (mostly half life engine, counter strike) and made a couple maps and lost intrest. I then started editing and adding on to 3d models in games, and then pursued making my own, but my artistic (drwawing orientated) abilities arnt that great, so I sucked at that. During that whole time I was building and repairing computers for people and some businesses, so I took a course on A+ Certification, but I already knew everything in that, never took the time to get certified yet. My Sophmore and Juinor years of highschool I took a 2 year full Cisco (computer networking), havnt taken the time to study more and get my CCNA yet. Senior year was mostly guitar/music orientated.

After I graduated high school (4 months ago) I got an internship for the Eagle County Government IT Department in Vail Valley. I lived up here for the last 3 months, and this is my last day for the internship, then I move back down to longmont. Ive learned a lot about life, and people living up here and decided after spending my whole life working with computers that I probably won't pursue that as a career. But while I was up here they sent me to Lefthand Networks and I got iSCSI SAN (Storage Area Network Protocol) certified, cool I guess, looks good on resume.

While living up here I have been looking into many options regarding the future of my life, and decided that computers, for now, "aint my thang". I have decided to pursue some kind of education that will further my knowledge and respect for music. I never thought I would be so into music my whole life, I played piano for about 9 years (got really good, now after never playing I suck ass) during that i played trumpet in school band for 5 years, and have been playing guitar for about 2-3 years. I plan on doing some sort of Sound Engineering and Production/Recording (Latley i have really been enjoying doing recordings of my own, utilizing all sorts of different techniques) I don't know where im gonna it, but this thread is helping out (full sail is an option, and berklee or wherever truth devoid is going sounds way to $$$$) I also am interested in doing electronic engineering, for education towards building amps, pickups, and other things. One other thing I want to learn to widen my musical abilities is lutherie. A school in pheonix, only a state away, sounds promising http://www.roberto-venn.com/ . A 5 month vocational program that offers a lutherie certification at the end. They also offer a basic woodworking shop, and an amp building class there I would take if I went.

Yesterday I talked with a lady who went to the navy and studied electronics. She said the navy has one of the best schools for electronics, and offers great on field work. I was very interested in that possibiltiy, I dunno if the navy would be my thing though, I wanna talk to more people. (Soulinsane ) It seems to good too be true, get paid a bonus to join the navy, take free schooling from some of the best electronics courses out there, get promoted to E-5 after schooling and automaticly be above all the other peons and get paid more, serve for 4 years and get some good experiance. Then once out of the navy you get a GI bill which pays for 3 or 4 years of college (somthing like that) so pursing a Production course like Truth Devoids would actually be possible for me. Seems like a very very promising alternative, but who knows, ive only just started my life after high school.

All in all I have so many options in life right now, I dont know where to begin... Plus theres always the big final dream, being in a band that makes it. All that stuff above is just my backup plan if that never happens

Old 2005-09-09, 20:41
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:

You'd be one skinny mutherfucker.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-09, 20:42
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
Not easily

FAFSA?

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-09, 21:47
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

FAFSA, loans and stuff

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-09-09, 22:46
guitar_demon
MotörCat

Quote:
ive never even failed a class, just one math final a few years ago...

I failed a science final once, but in my defence the teacher sucked at teaching and my whole class failed it
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-09-10, 02:48
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
FAFSA, loans and stuff

Hm. That'll do it. I'm just using fafsa. I always get a student loan, a pell grant, and a university grant.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-10, 02:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Come to think of it, I failed one class in my junior year of high school. It was pre-cal, the teacher sucked, and a fellow failing classmate and I went to McDonalds for the final exam.

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-10, 03:20
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Fuck college, JOIN THE NAVY!

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2005-09-10, 03:34
powersofterror
Forum Leader

hahahaha. Was that a subliminal message?

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-10, 03:36
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Nope, nothing subliminal about it....JOIN THE FUCKING NAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2005-09-10, 03:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

nahhhhh

This is my band's page

Old 2005-09-10, 03:53
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Smart man.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-24, 11:16
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I fucking love college man. I'm having so much fun here, and that's besides the partying. You know you're in the right place when you look forward to going to most of your classes. I have so much shit to do though and i keep wasting time, i really gotta start cracking down. I have to learn Kreutzer's Etude No. 1 by wednesday, I need to have the major triads memorized and ready to recite them (verbally, not played on a guitar), I have to learn part of a dream theatre solo for my private lesson, i forget which song right now, i have to learn 2 more songs for my ensemble and go over the ones i know (Riviera Paradise by SRV and i forget the name of the other one..some standard blues thing) plus i have to keep up with my theory classes.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-09-24, 12:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

very hard work, and good for a musician. i wish the things im interested in were taught at a college locally (scandinavian language, medieval (icelandic) court poetry. all of that is relatively useless in the real world also, so.... the university in Aarhus or Århus in denmark is supposed to have a fantastic history program.

keep us posted truth devoid, its interesting and cool to read

Old 2005-09-24, 20:55
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
I fucking love college man. I'm having so much fun here, and that's besides the partying. You know you're in the right place when you look forward to going to most of your classes. I have so much shit to do though and i keep wasting time, i really gotta start cracking down. I have to learn Kreutzer's Etude No. 1 by wednesday, I need to have the major triads memorized and ready to recite them (verbally, not played on a guitar), I have to learn part of a dream theatre solo for my private lesson, i forget which song right now, i have to learn 2 more songs for my ensemble and go over the ones i know (Riviera Paradise by SRV and i forget the name of the other one..some standard blues thing) plus i have to keep up with my theory classes.

Awesome man.
I went to a college around here yesterday to skateboard with some friends around the parking lots, all the people attending it were awesome. We were talking with all the skaters going to school there and there were soooo many hot chicks. Man it looked fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-09-25, 04:08
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

I went to penn state or was it the state pen , get it penitariary, a real knee slapper

Old 2005-09-25, 04:20
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpurgis
Nope, nothing subliminal about it....JOIN THE FUCKING NAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And above all else get into the Nuke program. Accelerate your life... strait in to the grave with 6 years of college condensed into <2 years on top of military rigor and mentality.

And you thought Harvard or MIT was tough Guess who trains Navy nukes?

Old 2005-09-25, 04:33
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

me, nHoE and 2 other friends are going on a road trip, in... uh... 6 years, to California for a photography school for friend A and the rest of us are going to MI, hopefully to the future!

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-09-25, 07:00
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
me, nHoE and 2 other friends are going on a road trip, in... uh... 6 years, to California for a photography school for friend A and the rest of us are going to MI, hopefully to the future!

we are?

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-09-25, 22:11
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

dont you remember? that was the plan. first it was me and Katie, then you came in, then Tyler did?

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-09-28, 18:11
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Hmm,well, I'm completely lost as to what to study at Uni. People, give me some ideas on some decent sound related jobs! Anything which doesn't need much mathematical ability!

(I read up on Sound Engineering, fucking hell, check this out:
"What are the most relevant aspects of A-Level Maths?
Essentially, all of the pure bits, eg. sequences & series, polynomials, algebra & functions, logarithms & exponentials, calculus, trigonometry, quadratic equations, indices, curve sketching. Less important are statistics and mechanics." God damn! )

Old 2005-09-28, 18:21
Black_Star
Senior Metalhead

I attend the university of Ottawa here in Canada. I'm currently doing my masters in political science (when I'm not watching soccer - Fuck you chelsea v. liverpool for making me not go to class) and let me tell you, if you like pussy come to UofO because there is an abundance of it. Someday with this degree of mine I hope to make you all my slaves.

Old 2005-09-28, 20:04
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

I do both, I work as a techical network engineer, and do some OpenVMS studies... nothing special

Join the hordes!!

Old 2005-09-28, 23:24
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

I have just moved to Uni to study Illustration, after having done foundation. 3 Year course (BA Hons for those who understand that system)

Old 2005-09-29, 05:01
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Ok so i learned the 3rd solo to Erotamania by DT, and now he wants me to retranscribe it in a diffferent key. what a pain in the ass. Plus i have to write 5 riffs using polyrhythms. I have a test in Ear Training friday on solfedge...sight singing is hard.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-08-29, 22:39
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

To resurrect this thread...I've failed my AS levels. So basically I can re-take my entire year, which means an extra two years of school, or *hopefully* continue with my A2's while re-taking the exams. What a lazy cunt I am.

Old 2006-08-29, 23:01
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

austin community college just started offering an associates degree in philosophy this semester, transferable to anywhere.

can someone say HOLLA!

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2006-08-30, 01:13
Transient
HES BAAACK

starting comm college sept 6th majoring in humanities

Old 2006-08-30, 03:17
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Started college today. What a difference from high school! I'm majooring in American History right now.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-30, 04:27
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm in community college right now. Just to get all my basic classes out of the way (math, science, english, history). I wanna major in something with music, either music education or performance, just something to settle back on if I can't get my band going anywhere, which looks like it's going nowhere.

I'm gonna transfer to this university that I heard has a good music program. It'd be nice to get a degree in teaching music.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-08-30, 04:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

wow, a lot of people going the comm college route

its reasonable. but i feel like im fucking rotting in this town while all my friends leave

Old 2006-08-30, 05:40
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

i started Long Beach Community College last week, majoring in Recording Engineering, should be pretty bitchin

Old 2006-08-30, 06:09
Transient
HES BAAACK

a comm college with recording engineering? therse a find

Old 2006-08-30, 13:55
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

I'm going to a state school with about 10,000 students. In my state, the governemnt gives you a $1,800 scholarship every semester if you graduated high school with a 3.0 GPA or (my route) got a 21 or higher on the ACT. The catch is, the scholarship only applies if you attend an in-state school. If you attend a community college, they give you $900 every semester. How does the state government in other staes compare to this in terms of helping high school graduates in to college?
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-30, 15:31
powersofterror
Forum Leader

.....that sounds much better than Texas.

However, I go to UNT and have gotten around $2,000 these next 2 semesters in grants because I'm a poor Senior. That, and I also have about $3,000 in Stafford loan, and my whole tuition is less than $4,000 for 14 credits.

Oh, and my schedule fucking rules: For 14 credits, I have classes through about 4:30pm MWF, and one class T. That means I have R completely open, and only a 1 hour class on T so that day is practically open too. My nights are filled with Aikido, and all other hours I have reserved for sleep and practicing guitar and double bass.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-08-30, 15:39
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
.....that sounds much better than Texas.

However, I go to UNT and have gotten around $2,000 these next 2 semesters in grants because I'm a poor Senior. That, and I also have about $3,000 in Stafford loan, and my whole tuition is less than $4,000 for 14 credits.

Oh, and my schedule fucking rules: For 14 credits, I have classes through about 4:30pm MWF, and one class T. That means I have R completely open, and only a 1 hour class on T so that day is practically open too. My nights are filled with Aikido, and all other hours I have reserved for sleep and practicing guitar and double bass.

Cool. I'm commuting about 75 miles to my school. I have three classes on campus (TR) and I am taking two online classes.

EDIT- I forgot to mention the state will stop giving you the scholarship if your GPA falls below a 2.75 at the end of any semester throughout your first 4 years.

Old 2006-08-30, 15:41
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Ha, you're an idiot if that happens. Mine is a little more than 3.0.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-08-30, 15:42
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Ha, you're an idiot if that happens. Mine is a little more than 3.0.

LOL, yeah i know. I'm not worried about that, my high school GPA was a 3.2. Still, I'm seriously aiming for a 4.0. I think it's doable.

Old 2006-08-30, 20:15
Transient
HES BAAACK

commuting 75 miles?!

Old 2006-08-30, 20:27
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
commuting 75 miles?!

Yep, thats what the online classes are trying to alleviate a little bit. Gas is about $2.85 here, but still.

Anyway, I need some serious input on this situation: In my music Appreciation class, we will have to analyze a popular song of our choice. (For you uneducated cunts, anything that is not ethnic or classical music is classified as popular music, it does not correlate to how well known the song/genre is.) So anyway, I am set on bringing in a Nevermore song. We have to analyze all parts of the song, including the lyrics. By now you may be saying "Nevermore write pretty accessabile songs as far as metal goes, they don't even scream or swear!" The problem lies in my teacher, she is a big time christian. The Nevermore songs I want to pick pretty much all deal with anti-religion. Not overt anti-christianity or satanicness, but well-written denouncements of all the faults of religion and mankind as they follow it. My question is: since I am no longer in public school, can my teacher let her personal bias towards christianity hurt my grade without running into any legal violations against me, since she might interpret my nevermore song as a challenge agaisnt her faith?

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-08-30 at 20:51.

Old 2006-08-30, 20:28
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

i started college last week. I went for a year at a commuity college and transfered. I absolutely hated the community college thing. I mean its alright.. but i definately wanted out of where i was living. Way too fucking busy for me. (DC i mean fucking come on)

I'm a sophmore but should be a junior (did marine corps first year after high school). As of right now i'm going to major in Chemistry. It was going to be physics, but i had to change to get accepted (but i can always chanage it bck if i want)

I was going to do music, but meh fuck that. I'm way more interested in audio engineering than music ensemble. Not to mention its more for me than anything.

It doesn't matter what degree i get because i'm going to be a pilot in the marines so i can get whatever degree i want (no don't comment back oh shouldn't you be like an aerospace major or something. NO. Trust me i know what i'm doing and i've talked to a ZILLION marine pilots in my days)

anyways. But the degree is just for me. So other than coming out with a degree i'm just here to learn and take whatever the fuck i want to. Woot.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-08-30, 20:29
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Cool. I'm commuting about 75 miles to my school. I have three classes on campus (TR) and I am taking two online classes.

EDIT- I forgot to mention the state will stop giving you the scholarship if your GPA falls below a 2.75 at the end of any semester throughout your first 4 years.

Your not too far from my friend he is up in Knoxville TN.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-08-30, 20:56
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
i started Long Beach Community College last week, majoring in Recording Engineering, should be pretty bitchin

I'll send you some bootleg cassettes to remaster

Old 2006-08-30, 21:01
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

arrrggg I got 2 more years to go... man im gonna be 25 by the time im done, shitty deal.

Old 2006-08-30, 21:07
mrs. malicious
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
since I am no longer in public school, can my teacher let her personal bias towards christianity hurt my grade without running into any legal violations against me, since she might interpret my nevermore song as a challenge agaisnt her faith?

if your have gloria frank like i think you do, she won't hold that against you. college professors [except your cuckoo bolander] don't do things like that. by the way, austin peay only has about 6K students. and you! trying to get sympathy! i have to pay for more of the gas than you do.

anyway, i'm a sophomore, i'm majoring in internet technology with a specialization in information design, and i plan to become either a character animator for some video game studio, or a web site designer. oh yeah, and i've got it pretty good. they actually pay me to go there. i get about 11K$ in scholarships per year, and tuition's only about 6K$, so i get around 2500$ in free money to do whatever the hell i want with per semester. i have to work five hours a week in the communications office for the presidential scholarship, but it's like getting paid 30$ / hr to....sit there and either do nothing, or do my homework. hah.

im in ur srvr
eatin ur dataz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
doom metal tries to invoke the feeling of being a really fat guy stuck in the trash compactor from Star Wars IV

Old 2006-08-30, 21:42
Bia
Muffin Ass

Who is the resident math genius with ultimate patience and a dersire to online tutor?

THAT's what I need to know.