MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.63 average.
Old 2005-09-02, 21:56
HES BAAACK

seriously i ate a calzone about 7/8 the size of my plate and i was starving at like 1030 again

i dont know why i am like that but its best just to adapt to it
Old 2005-09-02, 21:59
Noob lud

Haha, yesterday i went to that restuarant "The Public House" and got a huge calzone. I came home and had some cereal an hour later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-09-02, 22:00
HES BAAACK

hahahah yeah

wtf

the calzone was a behemoth. like, it was more than twice the size of an empty stomach

i think my stomach is like, lined with acid. ................ oh right, it is.

another very filling thing is a handful , just a handful, of grapenuts
Old 2005-09-02, 22:02
Noob lud

I'll pass on the grape nuts. Did you know if you switch from eating potato chips to unbuttered popcorn for snacks you can lose something like 15 pounds in a year??

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-09-02, 22:03
HES BAAACK

youd have to eat a hell of a lot of snacks all day long for that to work... i dont really like either. popcorn makes me feel bloated,its just air. its good if you want to eat a huge bowl of something though
Old 2005-09-02, 22:09
Noob lud

Well, when you laugh, you burn off calories 20% faster than normal. So if you laugh 10-15 minutes a day, you can burn off up to 4 pounds. Hah

Quote:
Old 2005-09-02, 22:56
HES BAAACK

i wonder if its the same for fake smiles. if so, i lose pounds every day at school
Old 2005-09-02, 23:07
Pirate Lawd

Listen to your body trans. If you are hungery often then feed your body, but feed it good stuff, not BS. Calories are not measured by your body as much as quantity. You might need 3,000-4,000 calories a day being young and active; I do. I would die with a 2,000 a day diet until my body slowed down to survive. Some NFL players eat 10,000 calories a day so fuck the FDA. Listen to your body and you will know what you need. Being hungery all the time just means you are burning them as fast as you eat them. Eat more and keep working out. It pays off in the long run.
Old 2005-09-02, 23:37
HES BAAACK

yeah, thats kind of the policy i had adapted. like i said before, i can satisfy my hunger with an apple and a rice cake and some peanuts... anyways, yeah, ill keep eating and just keeping track of myself. no weight gains damnit!
Old 2005-09-02, 23:44
Senior Metalhead

lately i've been trying to eat healthy, im eating more fruits and vegetables these days. but my mom's cooking uses alot of vegetable oil for frying and shit and i dont know how healthy that stuff is, anybody know?
Old 2005-09-02, 23:46
Noob lud

No idea. Probably isnt too bad.

Quote:
Old 2005-09-03, 00:47
Post-whore

It's about time we got a fitness thread. Unfortunately I pretty much missed it.

I know it's been answered, but if you get lightheaded at the gym it is because you didn't eat a substantial meal 2-4 hours prior to working out, and because you are dehydrated. Every bit of sweat you lose causes you to feel lightheaded, and tired. Water keeps you hydrated, and even lubricates your joints. I find eating a meal right before a workout makes me feel bloated, but if you give yourself enough time to digest you will be a machine. Speaking of machines, they are for gym rats, women, and old men. Free weights will utilize stabilizers, flexors, and generally benefit the body a lot more.

The gatorade subject is a little bit iffy. There is no magic supplement in it that makes you work harder/longer. It is a drink that is loaded with carbs and sugar. You could eat a banana prior to your workout for quick energy as an alternative. While you are working out hit the water hard.

I've been working out since last October (11 months) and have been increasingly committed as I went along. I started at about 155, cut down until 150, and have bulked up to 165 since then. Here are my major lifts:

Bench Press- 1x155
Squat- 6x220 (Past parallel)
Deadlift- 3/245 (No gloves,no chalk,no straps)
Military Press- 2/125

I haven't been working out for the past week because of football tryouts that have been going on every day. The practises have been intense but I ran the fastest 40 yards on my team and the coach told me i'd pretty much made the team as reciever/runningback.

Transient: Are you sure you really need to lose all that fat? You should just cut to a nice healthy weight rather than trying to get yourself so thin or you won't gain much muscle. If you don't start bulking soon you will regret it for the rest of your life. You are at an age where you are able to gain a lot of muscle quicker than at around 30 years old.

Speaking of food, i'm bulking so I basically eat what I want as long as it doesn't have a ridiculous amount of fat. I will probably lose some pounds just from being on the football team, as the practises are so strenuous. I have a very high carb diet so that energy is readily available. Carbs are not always the enemy. Fruit, bread, bagels, protein shakes are what I mostly eat.
Old 2005-09-03, 00:51
Pirate Lawd

Olive oil isn't that bad for frying things but don't eat it everyday all the time. Veggies and fruits are worthless if they are fried in fat all the time. You need fats and protiens but be careful not to over do it for to long. Eating a fatty meal once a week is good enough if you are an active person.

Your body believes it is still in the stone age. That means it wants to store all Calories that it can when you don't feed it enough. It thinks like this, "He isn't feeding much so I better store this meal because I won't get fed for another X hours and I don't know the next meal will come".

The human body is designed to store fat for hard times. Well those times are gone for the long run. Your body knows when food is in plenty and burns it like crazy, but only if you feed it when even the slightest bit hungery comes. It converts that plenty into strength to use to get more food in order to survive longer. Faster and stronger people will pass their DNA on to live forever. Over effecient and lazy people are indeed a risk to the ultimate survival by design.

Listen to your body, but also know when it is ignorently trying to kill you. We have a mind for a reason.
Old 2005-09-03, 01:00
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Bench Press- 1x155
Squat- 6x220 (Past parallel)
Deadlift- 3/245 (No gloves,no chalk,no straps)
Military Press- 2/125

That is wonderful stats. 15 lb of pure muscle at least in 11 months. Great shit!

One word, machine
Old 2005-09-03, 06:23
Post-whore

i have i major problem gaining wieght, even working in restaurants and the free meal there doesnt help, when you smoke cutting wieght is easy, there been many periods where i can drink alot of coffee and just eat once a day. last year i had a physical and wieghted 146 pounds, i had tried and actually successfully hit like 165, but then lost my job then conserved and probably am back down to 145 mark, took about a year to gain it, lost it in a matter of months. i have as much problem gaining wieght as most people lose wieght.
Old 2005-09-03, 07:21
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
I try to eat as much healty stuff as I can. But sometimes I have a little cake or candy and something. I usually eat cornflakes or cheerios for breakfast.
Old 2005-09-03, 08:17
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I gave up potato chips for Lent one year and replaced them with shortcut carrots. Crunchy stuff is stress food. I also lost 20 pounds doing that. I continued it for a long time afterwards an now when i do eat some chips it's one of those single serving bags once in awhile or I'll put some in a small bowl so i limit my intake.

One of my favorite snacks is to take regular or honey nut cheerios (usually the malt-o-meal or store brand that has the same amounts of ingredients and fill up a peanutbutter jar about halfway with that. I add a scant quarter cup of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, soynuts, walnuts, almonds, black walnuts, whatever I feel like having in there. One or 2 of them at least. And then I add some regular or white raisins, dry cranberries or blueberries, dried crunched banana, or diced mango, apricot, or whatever other fruit I like. I use all unsweetened and unsalted. And put the lid on and shake it up and snack on it.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-09-03, 08:58
HES BAAACK

hey shred- everyone seems to have misunderstood what ive said. i DONT want to go down to 145, i just want to get around 155 160 and then start heavier in on the weight lifting

and vegetable oil is still oil
Old 2005-09-03, 13:19
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Yeah, oil is oil but some has less saturated fat than others. Olive oil has some beneficial stuff in it, but it still should be used in moderation. Look up some info on the net. There's a lot of places to find out stuff about nutrition.

I worked in an icecream store and ate a lot of the stuff when I did and I stayed at 127 for a very long time. When I went to the home I went up to 135 and hung there a long time. When I weighed less my knees used to ache, but the new weight I put on was muscle. I'm about 155 now, but my legs feel a lot stronger and my shoulders are broader than they ever were.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-09-04, 21:18
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
Damn, there is a mars chocolate bar on the table in front of me and I want to eat it. But I ain't gonna!

How do you measure you're fat percentage? do you need some kind of a special device that only private trainers have or something?

Last edited by ManOwaR : 2005-09-04 at 21:20.