MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.63 average.
Old 2005-08-31, 19:30
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
What excacly does gatorade do that makes it better than water?
It tastes like total shit to me but mehh, if it helps me working out I'll drink it anyway.

Well, there's the original flavor which is better than what I remember it to be 20 years ago or so. Orange, Blue Frost, Fruit Punch, are flavors I've had. I'm not sure if there's more.
I just went to www.gatorade.com and it's got a lot of info about their products and uses, history and the whole works. I've gotten bottled Propel and its pretty good for something different. I have heard that a lot of the lemon-lime type sports drinks are hard on your tooth enamel, but I don't how valid that is.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-08-31, 19:36
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
ok, thanks both of you
Old 2005-08-31, 19:42
Senior Metalhead

i've been working out for a month and a half now, mainly focusing on back, shoulders and chest. i find hammerfall to be great to listen to when working out or any power metal for that matter, death metal just doesnt work for me when im working out
Old 2005-08-31, 19:42
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I use the machines and not the free weights cause they'd hurt too much if I dropped the bar or something. Machines are just safer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Soft!
SOOOOOOOOFFFT!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Seriously. Get under the bar.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2005-08-31, 19:44
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
i can't believe one of those wasn't a boob. That blanc mange looked good though. Ummm, pudding.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2005-08-31, 19:54
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

I never thought I'd see the word 'kettlebell' on MTabs. Kettlebells are fun. I have two. They are heavy.

For those of you arguing about Gatorade, suffice to say it is not necessary. I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
i can't believe one of those wasn't a boob. That blanc mange looked good though. Ummm, pudding.

The point, old woman, is that the man who is scared of the big nasty weighty-bars was GAY. Explain to me how that could possibly include any kind of breast, unless it was hairy man-breast.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2005-08-31, 20:14
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to kin
I masturbate.
Old 2005-08-31, 20:38
Noob lud

Haha. Gatorade is gay. I only drink water when I work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-08-31, 20:53
Post-whore

you can roll the bar off your chest to your stomach,sit up,transfer it to the middle of the bench,take a breather,transfer it to the stand<balance it on the bench and turn around it then lift it obviously>. unless you're pushing up 300 pounds or something benching without a spotter is ok in my book, its a pain in the ass<when you fuck up and gotta roll it down> but it wont kill you, i do this time to time coz the bench i use is my roomates who can lift alot more than i can and i wont realize im benching like 140-150, then im dough rolling my entire body with it
Old 2005-08-31, 21:07
slack as fuck

Send a message via MSN to newHELLonEARTH
i need to get excercising... i wont go to a gym cause im underage unless i take a some odd week training course and i dont have the time with that between school and doing nothing (im serious haha i need me time) but i will try to excercise at home.. and i donno why but i think queen would work for me to listen to.. fuck.. i need to get in shape. i just got back from eating treats left right and center and ice-cream almost every night from a dairy bar (giant banana splits and chocolate brownie ice-cream things) all camping.. so yeah im fucked for energy

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!
Old 2005-08-31, 21:18
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
you can roll the bar off your chest to your stomach,sit up,transfer it to the middle of the bench,take a breather,transfer it to the stand<balance it on the bench and turn around it then lift it obviously>. unless you're pushing up 300 pounds or something benching without a spotter is ok in my book, its a pain in the ass<when you fuck up and gotta roll it down> but it wont kill you, i do this time to time coz the bench i use is my roomates who can lift alot more than i can and i wont realize im benching like 140-150, then im dough rolling my entire body with it

Hah, my friend almost killed himself trying to do that. He was benching at like 2 in the morning, so no one could spot him, he went for a 10th rep, couldnt do it. He tried rolling it down to his stomach and putting it down and it flung up and just missed his head, hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-08-31, 21:59
Senior Metalhead

hey trans i have a spin problem as well, one of the disks in my spine are deteriorating at a unusual speed for my age, so i cant do exercises such as squats and rows, where the weights go above my head or bend my back, it sucks
Old 2005-08-31, 22:22
HES BAAACK

yeah but htat doesnt mean you cant get your exercise and you cant get into shape. my problem was ah ell of a lot worse than spinal deterioration ( i actually had arthritis in my spine that was fixed after my surgery, coincidental and convenient)

keep doing what you need to do day to day and dont let it slow you down
Old 2005-08-31, 22:37
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Yeah John, I breathe correctly.... I'm just gonna stay away from that exercise. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head (I've heard many people tell me this before).

Trans told me that you have a blood pressure problem of some sort.

I would recommend doing sets of 1 or 2. Do a rep or two, walk around for ten seconds, repeat. I say this because the squat is your BEST excercise. If you can perform the squat, then it should be at the center of your weightlifting regimen. The testosterone peak after performing a squat is greater than that of any other excercise.

And about the kettle thing, to me I think that would help distribute the resistance of the weight more effectively across the muscle group experiencing the resistance, which this is what a cable system at your local gym achieves. But, it would be free weights, which will be more effective, for obvious reasons. So all in all it sounds good.

I would'nt down it.
Old 2005-08-31, 22:49
HES BAAACK

i didnt mean he has a consistent BP problem i just meant the problem was what he described already
Old 2005-08-31, 23:11
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
You all make me giggle.

I have access to a free gym every day with no self motivation required... im in weight training at school. Since im about 3 times bigger than anyone else in there, the coach lets me do my own thing.

Music definitely helps. If you're going to lift something heavy, skip to your favorite part of a good song. It helps.

Last edited by Rapture : 2005-08-31 at 23:14.
Old 2005-09-01, 08:51
HES BAAACK

without a doubt, thats how i get at least 25% of my energy at the gym, music just makes me want to work hard. like, amon amarth - death in fire. theres some heavy lifting music. or devourment
Old 2005-09-01, 09:17
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
Aggressive music = aggressive me, which means extra energy. I especially go crazy when i hear some furious vocals
Old 2005-09-01, 11:27
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
I never thought I'd see the word 'kettlebell' on MTabs. Kettlebells are fun. I have two. They are heavy.

For those of you arguing about Gatorade, suffice to say it is not necessary. I don't like it.

The point, old woman, is that the man who is scared of the big nasty weighty-bars was GAY. Explain to me how that could possibly include any kind of breast, unless it was hairy man-breast.

Young guy, powers' has never struck me as gay. I think he was the one that said that. And it seemed a bit sarcastic to me. And why would a bar equate to a chicky more than a boob? Same difference to me.

Since I commented about the Gatorade I'll say something about that, too. I like it. Lots of people do. It's not necessary, but if it works or helps someone, that's fine. It does give me more energy and it might someone else. You use suppliments so you may be fine without it.

Old 2005-09-01, 12:04
Post-whore

i just looked up those kettlebell things, they look cool, i'll probably get a pair sometime. i didnt know they were actual weights. my roomate was telling me about them demonstrating with a propane tank, i thought it was all improvized lifting or something. i picture in my mind russian behemoths lifting kegs and railroad ties, oxyacetaline tanks in some soviet era dungeon.