MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.63 average.
Old 2005-08-31, 09:33
HES BAAACK

The Metaltabs Fitness Thread

alright, since i know a lot of us here go to a gym, lets make a thread where we can discuss what we listen to at the gym, why we go to the gym, goals, status, etc.

i started going to the gym after i had spine surgery and have been going for a year now, but i recently stepped it up at the gym. i do 48 minutes of an exercise bike (500 calories, 11 miles) 5 days a week and then on mon/wed/fri i lift weights. since there isnt much to the cardio i usually dont need any kind of music or inspiration, i just hop on and go. however, i have a special playlist that i lift weights to. ill post it later

also, as a part of fitness in general, ive started to eat very healthily. the only thing i eat that i probaly shouldnt is too many carbs, but i try to keep that under control and they turn into energy anyways

what kind of exercise does everyone else do? do you prefer free weights or machines? also, ive noticed towards the end of my daily bikeride my vision starts to get kind of odd, almost blurry or unfocused. is this normal?
Old 2005-08-31, 09:48
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
I work out at home every second day. For the most, I use my bench and I also do lots of different weight lifting exercises, as well as sit ups. I usually just work out my arms and upper body, but sometimes I use an exercise bike too. I totally work out around an hour every time. My playlist while doing so changes all the time, but hate eternal seems good to work out too, it makes me agressive And sam: I`ve never had that kind of blurry visions you are talking about, but I have heard about it before and it`s normal I think, but it might be that you are working out to hard though.
Old 2005-08-31, 09:50
Life is pain.
Banned

That's not normal.

I tell you, Anata is great to lift weights to I say.

But I do prefer cardio to most other shit. I walk about 4-5 hours a day, thats too and from school, through town, into the mall and at work and school.

But I'm not a real exercise fanatic though, I used to be, but my scedule is just too big, and these days, if I had the time I prolly wouldn't anyway. However to keep weight off, I do some very unhealthy shit that I wouldn't reccomend to anyone. I'll explain if requested but I already know you'll all just go "You are soooo stupid!".

But as I said I used to be a full fitness guy. Best bands to workout are White Zombie, Anata, old Sepultura I say.
Old 2005-08-31, 09:53
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Yay, I spy another fitness thread. As it happens, I'm doing my Masters in Exercise Science. I have an gym in my house (a real one with equipment not a fucking Bowflex Gaymaster Fuckwad 4000 or similar) and two other gym memberships. I have been to the gym four times in the last three days. Today I did a bench workout with a boxer who I hope to get to the 2008 Olympics. I design workout programs, diets and regimes for slobs, fit people and top class athletes. If you want to know anything I guess I could, uh, tell you.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2005-08-31, 09:58
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I run medium distances like 6-10 km 3-4 times a week and after every run I do some workout like situps and shit but we have a gym at home so I'm going to start using it.

I haven't been able to do anything for two weeks because of some infection.
Old 2005-08-31, 10:02
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
I just had a brutal 4 mile run up the damn mountain this morning.....god that shit
was painful. Its ok now though.....it was pretty fun going down too....because I was hauling ass. So much that my feet were burning.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2005-08-31, 10:39
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
I lift weights, box, do some sit ups and do some foot excersizes about 3-4 times a week. I just started it last month I think and I can already see a lot of difference on me I hate running so I don't do a lot of that. Sometimes of you're really having fun playing guitar that can be like exercising if you jump around and act like a fool

I've also started trying to eat healthier food, althoug that ain't going that well, but something thoug. I don't eat near as much candy as I use to.
Old 2005-08-31, 10:56
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I lift weights, do pressups, situps, but i dont attend a gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
Old 2005-08-31, 10:59
Post-whore

Meh, I sometimes lift weights, and do situps/pressups at home. I plan to do it on a regular basis though, starting today!
Old 2005-08-31, 11:13
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
ohh, I forgot to say what music I like listening to while working out.
I think some glam rock or rock stuff is kind of neat because It's easy to sing along with like Kiss, GnR, Twisted Sister, system of a down and something.
Pantera are awsome for working out, expecially while boxing.
And I actually like listining to some techno sometimes while working out. Really pumps you up and stuff
Old 2005-08-31, 11:20
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
I occasionally lift some weights and stuff.
But after taking gym class I really don't care that much.
Old 2005-08-31, 11:45
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Thanks Sam!

Yeah one to John Holland:

I was doing squats the other day, 3 sets, 10 reps, 160, 170, and 180 pounds for the three sets. I did the first and second fine, but when I got to the third, I got about 6 reps in, and my fucking head started to pound, I mean like an awful, painful headache. I took an aspirin, and it took a few hours to go away.

Needless to say I do squat thrusts with dumbbells instead for that muscle group, but I actually feel more comfortable doing squats with an olympic bar instead (albeit the powerful headaches).

Has anyone ever experienced this, with any exercise (namely for legs) ?
Old 2005-08-31, 12:06
Post-whore

I lifted about 8 pints last night, I do that a couple of times a week.
Old 2005-08-31, 12:20
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I use the machines and not the free weights cause they'd hurt too much if I dropped the bar or something. Machines are just safer. I do the 21s for curls: basically 7 reps from low to midway, then 7 reps from the midway to the chest, then 7 full curls. If you do them very fast, there's no need for caring about "ooooo, I do 80lbs instead of 60lbs."
I also runs sometimes, but I suck at that. So I just stick to the weightlifting mostly.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-08-31, 12:24
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
not any pounding headaches or anything, but at work i constantly run up these stairs and skip 2 or 3 steps each time, after I get up them I get this wierd feeling in my head about 50% of the time, like wierd pumping blood feeling, like im about to get a headache. It sucks.

But about working out, I try to run around 3 times a week, I run about 1-2 miles each time. Ill listen to CoB, Pantera, Arch Enemy, most of the old stuff i still have on my minidiscs, and i lost the software to put my most recent musical tastes on minidisc.

Ill do situp's and pushups and lift these wieghts i have once in a blue moon when.

But i am getting chubby, and i need to not eat out every damn day and I need to find motivation to work out.
Old 2005-08-31, 12:36
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
You guys with your headaches worry me. watch the asprin, too, because that's just masking your aches and pains. I can bend over to pick up a slipper and feel something in my back go and I'll have a head ache in a matter of hours. The doc gave me neck and back exercises to do that are for strength and flexibility.
I had a rare pounding headache that effected my eyes over the weekend and it lasted about 3 days, but I had my normal headache (that goes down my back) on top of that. It was awful.
See if there's any spots on your actual spine that are tender to the touch when you get them. I have them in my neck and on the spine just a few inches below my shoulderblades when I get my common ones.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-08-31, 12:54
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
I lifted about 8 pints last night, I do that a couple of times a week.

my kind of exercise!!

A friend of mine is a body-builder, I'm planning on joining him during his workout two times a week because I've been going to the local gym and it bores the shit outta me. I get the fatigue (sp?) too after going on for a bit too long. I don't drink and eat enough before going, which is a problem. I don't like to eat before working out, my stomach just doesn't like it.

I gained about 15kg's last year since I started doing some working out, which was pretty weird. but I do feel a whole lot healthier and I have way better stamina then a year ago. In the weekends I push 100/150 kg wheeled containers into trucks, it really helped getting my upper arms into shape too. (54 containers in one truck, haha, about ten trucks a day) My lower arms are still shit though! I need to work on my lower arms because they're a pain in the ass. my arms allways hurt after working 10 hours straight.

I used to cycle 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. but now I just don't have the time for that anymore.. so I need to work out to keep some shape, haha.
Old 2005-08-31, 13:05
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
I never got that sort of pain doing squat-lifts ... how are you breathing? Make sure you're breathing from your stomach, and with your mouth. If you're holding your breath constantly, that could be it.
Old 2005-08-31, 13:06
Drugged Unholy

I'll do pushups and curls at my house usually every day. I'll do 3 sets of pushups, i usually don't count how many, i just keep going until i can't do anymore. then I'll do 3 sets of curls, 35's on each arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Old 2005-08-31, 13:26
HES BAAACK

definitely breathe out during the hard part of the exercise. you only need to think about doing that for like a week then it becomes second habit