MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2005-08-31, 14:33
Transient
HES BAAACK

The Metaltabs Fitness Thread

alright, since i know a lot of us here go to a gym, lets make a thread where we can discuss what we listen to at the gym, why we go to the gym, goals, status, etc.

i started going to the gym after i had spine surgery and have been going for a year now, but i recently stepped it up at the gym. i do 48 minutes of an exercise bike (500 calories, 11 miles) 5 days a week and then on mon/wed/fri i lift weights. since there isnt much to the cardio i usually dont need any kind of music or inspiration, i just hop on and go. however, i have a special playlist that i lift weights to. ill post it later

also, as a part of fitness in general, ive started to eat very healthily. the only thing i eat that i probaly shouldnt is too many carbs, but i try to keep that under control and they turn into energy anyways

what kind of exercise does everyone else do? do you prefer free weights or machines? also, ive noticed towards the end of my daily bikeride my vision starts to get kind of odd, almost blurry or unfocused. is this normal?

Old 2005-08-31, 14:48
humancorpse
Post-whore

I work out at home every second day. For the most, I use my bench and I also do lots of different weight lifting exercises, as well as sit ups. I usually just work out my arms and upper body, but sometimes I use an exercise bike too. I totally work out around an hour every time. My playlist while doing so changes all the time, but hate eternal seems good to work out too, it makes me agressive And sam: I`ve never had that kind of blurry visions you are talking about, but I have heard about it before and it`s normal I think, but it might be that you are working out to hard though.

Old 2005-08-31, 14:50
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

That's not normal.

I tell you, Anata is great to lift weights to I say.

But I do prefer cardio to most other shit. I walk about 4-5 hours a day, thats too and from school, through town, into the mall and at work and school.

But I'm not a real exercise fanatic though, I used to be, but my scedule is just too big, and these days, if I had the time I prolly wouldn't anyway. However to keep weight off, I do some very unhealthy shit that I wouldn't reccomend to anyone. I'll explain if requested but I already know you'll all just go "You are soooo stupid!".

But as I said I used to be a full fitness guy. Best bands to workout are White Zombie, Anata, old Sepultura I say.

Old 2005-08-31, 14:53
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Yay, I spy another fitness thread. As it happens, I'm doing my Masters in Exercise Science. I have an gym in my house (a real one with equipment not a fucking Bowflex Gaymaster Fuckwad 4000 or similar) and two other gym memberships. I have been to the gym four times in the last three days. Today I did a bench workout with a boxer who I hope to get to the 2008 Olympics. I design workout programs, diets and regimes for slobs, fit people and top class athletes. If you want to know anything I guess I could, uh, tell you.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-08-31, 14:58
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I run medium distances like 6-10 km 3-4 times a week and after every run I do some workout like situps and shit but we have a gym at home so I'm going to start using it.

I haven't been able to do anything for two weeks because of some infection.

Old 2005-08-31, 15:02
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

I just had a brutal 4 mile run up the damn mountain this morning.....god that shit
was painful. Its ok now though.....it was pretty fun going down too....because I was hauling ass. So much that my feet were burning.

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-31, 15:39
ManOwaR
Post-whore

I lift weights, box, do some sit ups and do some foot excersizes about 3-4 times a week. I just started it last month I think and I can already see a lot of difference on me I hate running so I don't do a lot of that. Sometimes of you're really having fun playing guitar that can be like exercising if you jump around and act like a fool

I've also started trying to eat healthier food, althoug that ain't going that well, but something thoug. I don't eat near as much candy as I use to.

Old 2005-08-31, 15:56
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I lift weights, do pressups, situps, but i dont attend a gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2005-08-31, 15:59
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Meh, I sometimes lift weights, and do situps/pressups at home. I plan to do it on a regular basis though, starting today!

Old 2005-08-31, 16:13
ManOwaR
Post-whore

ohh, I forgot to say what music I like listening to while working out.
I think some glam rock or rock stuff is kind of neat because It's easy to sing along with like Kiss, GnR, Twisted Sister, system of a down and something.
Pantera are awsome for working out, expecially while boxing.
And I actually like listining to some techno sometimes while working out. Really pumps you up and stuff

Old 2005-08-31, 16:20
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

I occasionally lift some weights and stuff.
But after taking gym class I really don't care that much.

Old 2005-08-31, 16:45
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Thanks Sam!

Yeah one to John Holland:

I was doing squats the other day, 3 sets, 10 reps, 160, 170, and 180 pounds for the three sets. I did the first and second fine, but when I got to the third, I got about 6 reps in, and my fucking head started to pound, I mean like an awful, painful headache. I took an aspirin, and it took a few hours to go away.

Needless to say I do squat thrusts with dumbbells instead for that muscle group, but I actually feel more comfortable doing squats with an olympic bar instead (albeit the powerful headaches).

Has anyone ever experienced this, with any exercise (namely for legs) ?

Old 2005-08-31, 17:06
fatdanny
Post-whore

I lifted about 8 pints last night, I do that a couple of times a week.

Old 2005-08-31, 17:20
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I use the machines and not the free weights cause they'd hurt too much if I dropped the bar or something. Machines are just safer. I do the 21s for curls: basically 7 reps from low to midway, then 7 reps from the midway to the chest, then 7 full curls. If you do them very fast, there's no need for caring about "ooooo, I do 80lbs instead of 60lbs."
I also runs sometimes, but I suck at that. So I just stick to the weightlifting mostly.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2005-08-31, 17:24
h4x5k8
Post-whore

not any pounding headaches or anything, but at work i constantly run up these stairs and skip 2 or 3 steps each time, after I get up them I get this wierd feeling in my head about 50% of the time, like wierd pumping blood feeling, like im about to get a headache. It sucks.

But about working out, I try to run around 3 times a week, I run about 1-2 miles each time. Ill listen to CoB, Pantera, Arch Enemy, most of the old stuff i still have on my minidiscs, and i lost the software to put my most recent musical tastes on minidisc.

Ill do situp's and pushups and lift these wieghts i have once in a blue moon when.

But i am getting chubby, and i need to not eat out every damn day and I need to find motivation to work out.

Old 2005-08-31, 17:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You guys with your headaches worry me. watch the asprin, too, because that's just masking your aches and pains. I can bend over to pick up a slipper and feel something in my back go and I'll have a head ache in a matter of hours. The doc gave me neck and back exercises to do that are for strength and flexibility.
I had a rare pounding headache that effected my eyes over the weekend and it lasted about 3 days, but I had my normal headache (that goes down my back) on top of that. It was awful.
See if there's any spots on your actual spine that are tender to the touch when you get them. I have them in my neck and on the spine just a few inches below my shoulderblades when I get my common ones.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-08-31, 17:54
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
I lifted about 8 pints last night, I do that a couple of times a week.

my kind of exercise!!

A friend of mine is a body-builder, I'm planning on joining him during his workout two times a week because I've been going to the local gym and it bores the shit outta me. I get the fatigue (sp?) too after going on for a bit too long. I don't drink and eat enough before going, which is a problem. I don't like to eat before working out, my stomach just doesn't like it.

I gained about 15kg's last year since I started doing some working out, which was pretty weird. but I do feel a whole lot healthier and I have way better stamina then a year ago. In the weekends I push 100/150 kg wheeled containers into trucks, it really helped getting my upper arms into shape too. (54 containers in one truck, haha, about ten trucks a day) My lower arms are still shit though! I need to work on my lower arms because they're a pain in the ass. my arms allways hurt after working 10 hours straight.

I used to cycle 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. but now I just don't have the time for that anymore.. so I need to work out to keep some shape, haha.

Old 2005-08-31, 18:05
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I never got that sort of pain doing squat-lifts ... how are you breathing? Make sure you're breathing from your stomach, and with your mouth. If you're holding your breath constantly, that could be it.

Old 2005-08-31, 18:06
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I'll do pushups and curls at my house usually every day. I'll do 3 sets of pushups, i usually don't count how many, i just keep going until i can't do anymore. then I'll do 3 sets of curls, 35's on each arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2005-08-31, 18:26
Transient
HES BAAACK

definitely breathe out during the hard part of the exercise. you only need to think about doing that for like a week then it becomes second habit

Old 2005-08-31, 19:35
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
definitely breathe out during the hard part of the exercise. you only need to think about doing that for like a week then it becomes second habit

No, thats wrong, breathe in right as you lift, your body needs the extra oxygen.

Yeah John, I breathe correctly.... I'm just gonna stay away from that exercise. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head (I've heard many people tell me this before).

Old 2005-08-31, 19:39
Transient
HES BAAACK

i mean, say youre doing curls, breathe out when you bring the weights up

damn truth youre upt to 35 pound curls? i can only 3 sets of 7 reps of 25 pounders

what about extensions, what kind of weight do you guys use on those? i mean like, making a T with your arms...another is putting your arms out in front of you... i only do 8-10 pounds with those

and here is my workout playlist (all these songs get me pumped up)

Slit Into Succulence Guttural Secrete 4:25 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Ejaculating Obesity Guttural Secrete 4:55 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Incestuous Refiguration Guttural Secrete 3:56 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Visected In Vaginal Bile Guttural Secrete 3:18 Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps
Carnal Forge Carcass 3:55 Heartwork
Carnal Ways to Recreate the Heart Arsis 4:52 A Celebration of Guilt
Genesis 12/A Foreign Objects 2:55 Universal Culture Shock
By Your Bedside Vehemence 3:51 Helping the World to See
Evil Gods Havoc Krisiun 4:10 Ageless Venomous
Rictus Surreal Malevolent Creation 4:30 The Fine Art Of Murder
The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters Arsis 4:25 A Celebration of Guilt
Destroyer Entity Internal Suffering 2:54 Chaotic Matrix
Chopped in Half Obituary 3:45 Cause Of Death
Conquer All Behemoth 3:31 Demigod
Beyond the Dark Sun Wintersun 2:38 Wintersun
The Ambassador Of Pain Kataklysm 2:33 Serenity In Fire
Thrones of Blood Suffocation 5:14 Pierced From Within
Buried Dreams Carcass 3:58 Heartwork
Enemy Of God Kreator 5:43 Enemy of God
With Blood They Pay Aeon 4:13 Dark Orders
Father, You're Not A Father Immolation 5:02 Close To A World Below
Devoid Of Truth Suffocation 2:31 Despise The Sun
The Harlot Ov The Saints Behemoth 2:47 Zos Kia Cultus
Eaten Bloodbath 4:18 Nightmares Made Flesh
Follow The Reaper Children Of Bodom 3:48 Follow The Reaper [Bonus Track]
Slaughter of the Soul At the Gates 3:03 Slaughter of the Soul
Knuckleduster Children Of Bodom 3:29 Trashed, Lost & Strungout EP
Behold Judas Hate Eternal 4:21 I, Monarch
Of Martyrs And Men Immolation 5:25 Unholy Cult
Midnight Circus Elvenking 5:04 Wyrd
Tired Eyes Hieronymus Bosch 5:17 Artificial Emotions
Raise the Stakes Impaled 5:12 Mondo Medicale
Death in Fire Amon Amarth 5:09 Live at Grand Rokk Reykjavik, Iceland DVDA
Harnessing Ruin Immolation 4:35 Harnessing Ruin
The Will To Kill Malevolent Creation 3:58 The Will To Kill
Swarm Of Terror Immolation 3:18 Harnessing Ruin
Phobophile Cryptopsy 4:37 None So Vile
Heartwork Carcass 4:33 Heartwork
Dispersion & Darkness Internal Suffering 3:50 Choronzonic Force Domination
From Wisdom To Hate Gorguts 5:06 From Wisdom To Hate
Summoning Redemption Morbid Angel 7:16 Gateways To Annihilation
All That Remains Malevolent Creation 3:54 The Will To Kill
Colossal Vortex Internal Suffering 3:06 Chaotic Matrix
Prelude To The Apocalypse Decrepit Birth 1:24 ... And Time Begins
Reciprocal Origin 2:26 Echoes of Decimation
Within Thy Enemy Morbid Angel 3:17 Heretic
Slit Your Guts Cryptopsy 4:01 None So Vile
Prolapsed Trachea Fuck Toy Saprogenic 3:20 The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete
In Shadows and Dust Kataklysm 2:48 In Shadows and Dust
Beyond the Dark Sun Wintersun 2:38 Wintersun
Extermination Of My Filthy Species Skinless 4:06 Progression Towards Evil
Hammer Smashed Face Cannibal Corpse 4:04 Tomb of the Mutilated
Kill For God Vehemence 3:44 Helping the World to See
Rapture Morbid Angel 4:07 Entangled In Chaos '95
As I Slither Kataklysm 2:57 Serenity In Fire
Warp Zone Martyr 3:04 Warp Zone
Spheres Of Madness Decapitated 5:15 Nihility
Virtual Emotions Martyr 4:08 Warp Zone
Dominate Morbid Angel 2:54 Entangled In Chaos '95
Enemy Of God Kreator 5:43 Enemy of God
Chopped in Half Obituary 3:45 Cause Of Death

Last edited by Transient : 2005-08-31 at 19:42.

Old 2005-08-31, 19:47
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Do you make sure to stay hydrated when you are working out? Dehydration may cause that blurred vision/dizziness that you're experiencing. You should also be drinking Gatorade instead of water when working out

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-08-31, 19:49
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

I usually lift weights whenever I can, but I hate running. I'm pretty much skin and bones so it's kind of hard for me to gain muscle. I also drink a lot of water, water is probably the best thing to drink when working out, fuck Gatorade.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-08-31, 19:52
low-tech
Post-whore

ive been visiting my parents so i havent worked out in a while but what i did was

130pound on a bench couple reps of 5<i nearly got strangled by the bar a couple months ago>
70pound curls couple reps of 10 then do it the other way to work triceps<excellent for druming>
bmx bike ride about 5 miles thru providence,many hills too, took about an hour and a half, funnest part, did this about 4-5 times a week
at random punch and kick a bag, excellent cardio workout, never thrust kick a bag, roundhouse kicks, muay thai style. i hit the bag in my place till it fell, i gotta screw that thing back into the beam.
if i can afford it i wanna train MMA in a real academy, havent sparred in a long time, that shit costs alot and im more into music than training that shit tho, so i may never do it

edit: i listen to slayer or metallica usually, i need a cd player for the rides tho

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-08-31 at 19:55.

Old 2005-08-31, 19:53
Transient
HES BAAACK

truth devoid- ive always assumed gatorade was BS and not really good for you. it seems awfully caloric and like its just a bunch of BS anyways

if its legitimate i will go out and get a case of it

i lose 2 pounds of sweat when i work out. i try to drink that all back througought the day (i work out around 11 in the morning) but at the gym i only drink one water bottle full

my key for the next few months is weightloss, and not particularly building muscles. i just want to get myself to a skinnier body before i started adding on muscle, but i will continue do liift weights becasue its making a differnce overall. keep in mind if you give anyone any advice in this thread, youre giving advice geared towards their goals

Old 2005-08-31, 19:57
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I have always found gaterade to be a better at keeping my system hydrated than water. It replenishes your electrolites (sp?) and a lot of vitamins and stuff that you sweat out when you're working out. Give it a try, if you find no difference, then you could go back to water. But i always found that i would have to drink a lot less gatorade than water to remain hydrated. Test it out and let me know what you think

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-08-31, 20:01
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
. i just want to get myself to a skinnier body before i started adding on muscle,

Thats the best way to do it, but dont try to get quitee "skinny" before lifting, as your body can use the extra calories. Believe it or not, I could gain a few pounds before lifting heavy and it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Gatorade is awesome to replace water. Working construction, I would have had a heat stroke several times if it wasn't for gatorade.

Old 2005-08-31, 20:09
low-tech
Post-whore

hey trans they got those body suits that trap moisture or something, i forget what you call them, but they are commonly used to cut wieght.

anyone familiar with kettle weight lifting? russian sambo guys swear by it, has something to do with lifting wierd objects like kegs,barrels,propane tanks, maybe ill look on google or something, soppose to be better than normal weight lifting, i dont know why

edit: i drink gatorade alot, electrolytes and sugar, also had some packets of vitamin cool-aid type stuff thats good

Old 2005-08-31, 20:23
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Yeah I've been meaning to try that. A lot of it is hyped up though I think. I think it has something to do with lifting weights at really weird angles.

Old 2005-08-31, 20:48
Transient
HES BAAACK

ive seen ads for underarmour, i dont know if thats what youre talkinga bout. and yeah steve, my goal definitely isnt to get myself down to like 145 and be rail thin. i want to be phsyically intimidating, and i dont mind having 5 or 10 pounds if it means im going to look and feel "bigger"

edit

ill get some gatorade

Old 2005-08-31, 20:49
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I used to hit the gym pretty hard. Mostly cardio and some focus on my legs. I like to work my upper body for a couple months, then work the lower body a couple months. I haven't done shit in the past couple months though, except some swimming. I need to get back into the groove.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-08-31, 21:14
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

145, Tranny? That's pretty skinny, how tall are you? I'm really really skinny and i'm 6'2" and about 155

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2005-08-31, 22:38
Transient
HES BAAACK

i just used a random number

i am 5'8 but i have a spine problem, i should be taller. so that kind of throws off the weight thing, i started working out at the beginning of the summer at 184. im down to 169 now, which im very happy with.

Old 2005-08-31, 22:41
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha, this thread is pretty big. Ive been working out 3 days a week since the middle of april. I mainly concentrate on benching, curls, and pull downs. Benching, I do 3 sets of 6 reps with 100 pounds, 110 pounds, and 120 pounds. Curls, 3 sets of 6 reps with 25 pounders. And 3 sets of 6 reps with 105 pounds for pulldowns. I do other various execrises for my abs, legs, and shoulders but usually only about 2 sets. This shit is too addicing. I've gained about 7 pounds since I've started. Im just about 6 feet tall and weigh 152. My main goal is to get up to about 160, just muscle. I'll be happy then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-31, 22:48
younguitarist
Post-whore

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I jog 2.66 miles. It may not be a lot but meh it's something.

Old 2005-08-31, 23:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You guys drinking the Gatorade, good for you! I do, too. Save yourself some money and go get the little canister of the powder and a small funnel. Or mix it by the pitcher. It's so much cheaper and then you'll have more $$ for cd's and stuff.
My old boss is about my age, 46, and due to the meds she's on for her heart she has potassium trouble and has to drink a gallon of gatorade a day to replenish it. She's fainted from lack of potassium before. She was glad I told her about the powdered stuff.
Where I live the cheapest place to get it is Walmart and I like the blue frost the best. It's all good though. Mix some up in a water bottle and throw it in the freezer for awhile and it makes a great slushy. If you use a pull up top though leave it upright and open otherwise they freeze shut. I usually use a Propel bottle with a twist top.

EDIT: One canister makes 2 gallons. I just looked.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2005-08-31 at 23:21.

Old 2005-09-01, 00:06
low-tech
Post-whore

the last time i was on tour, some guy in arkansas gave me a box of vitamin drink mix, i guess you get them at those GNC type stores. anyway, that stuff really saved our asses, its good. tasted good too, basically the same thing as vitamin suppliments but drink form.

Old 2005-09-01, 00:20
ManOwaR
Post-whore

What excacly does gatorade do that makes it better than water?
It tastes like total shit to me but mehh, if it helps me working out I'll drink it anyway.

Old 2005-09-01, 00:21
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah it tastes pretty lousy if you ask me. it restores some electrolytes and sodium and vitamins that you lose when you sweat

Old 2005-09-01, 00:30
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOwaR
What excacly does gatorade do that makes it better than water?
It tastes like total shit to me but mehh, if it helps me working out I'll drink it anyway.

Well, there's the original flavor which is better than what I remember it to be 20 years ago or so. Orange, Blue Frost, Fruit Punch, are flavors I've had. I'm not sure if there's more.
I just went to www.gatorade.com and it's got a lot of info about their products and uses, history and the whole works. I've gotten bottled Propel and its pretty good for something different. I have heard that a lot of the lemon-lime type sports drinks are hard on your tooth enamel, but I don't how valid that is.

Old 2005-09-01, 00:36
ManOwaR
Post-whore

ok, thanks both of you

Old 2005-09-01, 00:42
KevC
Senior Metalhead

i've been working out for a month and a half now, mainly focusing on back, shoulders and chest. i find hammerfall to be great to listen to when working out or any power metal for that matter, death metal just doesnt work for me when im working out

Old 2005-09-01, 00:42
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
I use the machines and not the free weights cause they'd hurt too much if I dropped the bar or something. Machines are just safer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Soft!
SOOOOOOOOFFFT!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Seriously. Get under the bar.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-09-01, 00:44
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

i can't believe one of those wasn't a boob. That blanc mange looked good though. Ummm, pudding.

Old 2005-09-01, 00:54
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

I never thought I'd see the word 'kettlebell' on MTabs. Kettlebells are fun. I have two. They are heavy.

For those of you arguing about Gatorade, suffice to say it is not necessary. I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
i can't believe one of those wasn't a boob. That blanc mange looked good though. Ummm, pudding.

The point, old woman, is that the man who is scared of the big nasty weighty-bars was GAY. Explain to me how that could possibly include any kind of breast, unless it was hairy man-breast.

Old 2005-09-01, 01:14
kin
Senior Metalhead

I masturbate.

Old 2005-09-01, 01:38
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha. Gatorade is gay. I only drink water when I work out.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-09-01, 01:53
low-tech
Post-whore

you can roll the bar off your chest to your stomach,sit up,transfer it to the middle of the bench,take a breather,transfer it to the stand<balance it on the bench and turn around it then lift it obviously>. unless you're pushing up 300 pounds or something benching without a spotter is ok in my book, its a pain in the ass<when you fuck up and gotta roll it down> but it wont kill you, i do this time to time coz the bench i use is my roomates who can lift alot more than i can and i wont realize im benching like 140-150, then im dough rolling my entire body with it

Old 2005-09-01, 02:07
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

i need to get excercising... i wont go to a gym cause im underage unless i take a some odd week training course and i dont have the time with that between school and doing nothing (im serious haha i need me time) but i will try to excercise at home.. and i donno why but i think queen would work for me to listen to.. fuck.. i need to get in shape. i just got back from eating treats left right and center and ice-cream almost every night from a dairy bar (giant banana splits and chocolate brownie ice-cream things) all camping.. so yeah im fucked for energy

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-09-01, 02:18
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
you can roll the bar off your chest to your stomach,sit up,transfer it to the middle of the bench,take a breather,transfer it to the stand<balance it on the bench and turn around it then lift it obviously>. unless you're pushing up 300 pounds or something benching without a spotter is ok in my book, its a pain in the ass<when you fuck up and gotta roll it down> but it wont kill you, i do this time to time coz the bench i use is my roomates who can lift alot more than i can and i wont realize im benching like 140-150, then im dough rolling my entire body with it

Hah, my friend almost killed himself trying to do that. He was benching at like 2 in the morning, so no one could spot him, he went for a 10th rep, couldnt do it. He tried rolling it down to his stomach and putting it down and it flung up and just missed his head, hah.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-01, 02:59
KevC
Senior Metalhead

hey trans i have a spin problem as well, one of the disks in my spine are deteriorating at a unusual speed for my age, so i cant do exercises such as squats and rows, where the weights go above my head or bend my back, it sucks

Old 2005-09-01, 03:22
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah but htat doesnt mean you cant get your exercise and you cant get into shape. my problem was ah ell of a lot worse than spinal deterioration ( i actually had arthritis in my spine that was fixed after my surgery, coincidental and convenient)

keep doing what you need to do day to day and dont let it slow you down

Old 2005-09-01, 03:37
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
Yeah John, I breathe correctly.... I'm just gonna stay away from that exercise. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head (I've heard many people tell me this before).

Trans told me that you have a blood pressure problem of some sort.

I would recommend doing sets of 1 or 2. Do a rep or two, walk around for ten seconds, repeat. I say this because the squat is your BEST excercise. If you can perform the squat, then it should be at the center of your weightlifting regimen. The testosterone peak after performing a squat is greater than that of any other excercise.

And about the kettle thing, to me I think that would help distribute the resistance of the weight more effectively across the muscle group experiencing the resistance, which this is what a cable system at your local gym achieves. But, it would be free weights, which will be more effective, for obvious reasons. So all in all it sounds good.

I would'nt down it.

Old 2005-09-01, 03:49
Transient
HES BAAACK

i didnt mean he has a consistent BP problem i just meant the problem was what he described already

Old 2005-09-01, 04:11
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

You all make me giggle.

I have access to a free gym every day with no self motivation required... im in weight training at school. Since im about 3 times bigger than anyone else in there, the coach lets me do my own thing.

Music definitely helps. If you're going to lift something heavy, skip to your favorite part of a good song. It helps.

Last edited by Rapture : 2005-09-01 at 04:14.

Old 2005-09-01, 13:51
Transient
HES BAAACK

without a doubt, thats how i get at least 25% of my energy at the gym, music just makes me want to work hard. like, amon amarth - death in fire. theres some heavy lifting music. or devourment

Old 2005-09-01, 14:17
humancorpse
Post-whore

Aggressive music = aggressive me, which means extra energy. I especially go crazy when i hear some furious vocals

Old 2005-09-01, 16:27
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
I never thought I'd see the word 'kettlebell' on MTabs. Kettlebells are fun. I have two. They are heavy.

For those of you arguing about Gatorade, suffice to say it is not necessary. I don't like it.

The point, old woman, is that the man who is scared of the big nasty weighty-bars was GAY. Explain to me how that could possibly include any kind of breast, unless it was hairy man-breast.

Young guy, powers' has never struck me as gay. I think he was the one that said that. And it seemed a bit sarcastic to me. And why would a bar equate to a chicky more than a boob? Same difference to me.

Since I commented about the Gatorade I'll say something about that, too. I like it. Lots of people do. It's not necessary, but if it works or helps someone, that's fine. It does give me more energy and it might someone else. You use suppliments so you may be fine without it.

Old 2005-09-01, 17:04
low-tech
Post-whore

i just looked up those kettlebell things, they look cool, i'll probably get a pair sometime. i didnt know they were actual weights. my roomate was telling me about them demonstrating with a propane tank, i thought it was all improvized lifting or something. i picture in my mind russian behemoths lifting kegs and railroad ties, oxyacetaline tanks in some soviet era dungeon.

Old 2005-09-01, 17:43
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:

Old 2005-09-01, 17:50
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's where Bobpurgis gets all his suppliments, too. He says they have great prices. lol I'm registered as Bob's Mom there, I think. I go in spurts but never saw the kettlebells yet.

Old 2005-09-01, 22:45
SARS
Post-whore

Does working out help hair growth? Or is it just merely the fact I'm eating more white meat, eggs and using a George Foreman?

Cos I've started doing push ups, sit ups and walking miles with my dogs recently, staring playing more football again too(most evenings for about two hours) mainly because i noticed a decline in my health.....but my hair isn't growing at the normal rate it usually does......just wondering which is intertwined with it, the food or the exercise.

I followed mom's advice of drinking water before you eat, which from what i remember helps motabalism.....

Old 2005-09-01, 23:06
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Cold water is supposed to do it. When I do it I can feel a warm glow about a half hour later. I need to start doing that stuff again. I've lost a few pounds, but I'm not hellbent on doing it.

Old 2005-09-01, 23:13
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Soft!
SOOOOOOOOFFFT!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Seriously. Get under the bar.

I agree 100%, freeweights are a million times more effective than machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
I would recommend doing sets of 1 or 2. Do a rep or two, walk around for ten seconds, repeat. I say this because the squat is your BEST excercise. If you can perform the squat, then it should be at the center of your weightlifting regimen. The testosterone peak after performing a squat is greater than that of any other excercise.

Aright John that makes sense... I'm going to have to try that.

Old 2005-09-01, 23:21
low-tech
Post-whore

sars, i recently heard fish oil makes hair grow faster, its also good for excersize in some way that i forget. something about tendons and joints healing after alot of stress i think

Old 2005-09-01, 23:35
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

It's like WD 40 for the joints and stuff. Flax seed oil does it, too.

I can think of a better time that testosterone peaks and it's a heck of a lot more fun than weight lifting and burns a couple calories, too.

Old 2005-09-01, 23:50
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
sars, i recently heard fish oil makes hair grow faster, its also good for excersize in some way that i forget. something about tendons and joints healing after alot of stress i think

Cod Liver Oil.... sounds disgusting, apparently tastes so too. As LB said, its good for you though, it keeps those joints supple

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2005-09-01, 23:54
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

You could always take cod liver oil pills. They're tasteless.

Old 2005-09-02, 00:00
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
i need to get excercising... i wont go to a gym cause im underage unless i take a some odd week training course and i dont have the time with that between school and doing nothing (im serious haha i need me time) but i will try to excercise at home.. and i donno why but i think queen would work for me to listen to.. fuck.. i need to get in shape. i just got back from eating treats left right and center and ice-cream almost every night from a dairy bar (giant banana splits and chocolate brownie ice-cream things) all camping.. so yeah im fucked for energy

queen really sucks for working out. I've tried it and it's just like REALLY bad.
I really like queen normally thoug but for working out... nahh

Old 2005-09-02, 00:04
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

"A Night at the Opera" might not be bad. And you could skip to "Lazing on A Sunday Afternoon". (And I don't mean skip rope either.)

Old 2005-09-02, 00:43
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Wow, I've been gone for a while or else I would have already posted here a long time ago. I try to keep fit religiously, I have a bench and some other stuff along those lines. Mostly I find other things to do outside like jogging and such.

Here's a picture of myself I took a little while back to give you a good idea of my current condition:
http://metaltabs.com/forum/attachme...tachmentid=6127
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-09-02, 04:36
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
i picture in my mind russian behemoths lifting kegs and railroad ties, oxyacetaline tanks in some soviet era dungeon.

Keep away from my backyard in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiBuXX
Young guy, powers' has never struck me as gay.

Are you retaining water in your cerebellum? EVERYONE is gay.

Old 2005-09-03, 01:08
Transient
HES BAAACK

to get this thread going a little bit, what do you guys eat? i never eat out of the house, i eat all my food here. its way healthier. my meals change but usually its cereal for breakfest, frozen yogurt with grapenuts wheatgerm strawberries and blueberries for lunch, apple peanuts (unsalted dry roasted) raisins rice cake for snack material, dinner, and then wheat bread with a tiny bit of peanut butter for a midnight snack. plus i usually only drink water to eliminate useless calories

Old 2005-09-03, 01:14
The Execrator
Noob lud

Damn, your eating pretty good man. I dont eat really healthy but I watch what I eat. Not literally. I try to avoid drinks with loads of sugar, so I drink water most of the time, juice other times. I've almost quit drinking soda, and I loved it so much. I don't eat chips and cookies and shit for snacks anymore. I usually just have a bowl of honey bunches of oats( ) or a bannana, yogurt,or whatever for snacks. I eat a ton of cereal throughout the day though. Im getting there.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 01:55
OpethFan
Toast-whore

I eat bollocks, drink booze, dont excersize

But i have fun

As long as im not obease, or unhealthy (well, really unhealthy ) i dont really care that much.

I used to skateboard, and do kung fu, but now none of my mates do anything like that.

I take my dog for a walk/run every day tho, thats good enough for me.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-09-03, 01:57
Transient
HES BAAACK

hahaha i can just see you having a stare down with your cereal

yeah i totally stopped drinking soda. once a month or so ill drink half a vanilla coke.its so sugary and terrible for you, but its soooo good. and my thinking behind my eating is that its not always gonna be perfect. if you try to eat 100% right youll definitely burn yourself out, whereas tonight i ate a huge calzone and im ok with that

Old 2005-09-03, 02:39
low-tech
Post-whore

i been eating my moms cooking in the past couple of weeks, havent done that shit in awhile. usually i eat rice and beans,ramen<low-budget japanese style>, grilled cheese, sometimes corn flakes. and when the moneys up general tzo lives across the street in a little chinese grease trap serving chicken. theres also a gyro joint down the road, homage to my ancestors in the form of an immitation taco. ive been cutting down meat consumption when i buy food, its cheaper, more quanity, probably healthier. i smoke about half pack to a pack of cigarettes a day, thats the biggest thing for me to get over, coffee and smokes are my form of prozac,lithium,ritalin whatever. i cant quit just one, its gotta be both, but i cant.

Old 2005-09-03, 02:52
Transient
HES BAAACK

stop smoking cigarettes ASAP. itll kill all your motiviation, and probably you. im not one of those preachy LOOK AT THESE STATSITCS teenagers, i happen to think smoking does actually look cool. but from a practical standpoint, its just a bad idea.

one of my problems is that i dont stay full for long. i can stuff myself or only eat a little and be satisifed the same for about 2 hours then be hungry again. so ive wisened up and just eat little bits all day long. instead ofa big bowl of ice cream i just had a medium bowl of shredded wheat with some real cane sugar. whos proud?

Old 2005-09-03, 02:54
The Execrator
Noob lud

Yeah. It's recommended when weight training to eat 6 medium sized meals a day.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 02:56
Transient
HES BAAACK

seriously i ate a calzone about 7/8 the size of my plate and i was starving at like 1030 again

i dont know why i am like that but its best just to adapt to it

Old 2005-09-03, 02:59
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha, yesterday i went to that restuarant "The Public House" and got a huge calzone. I came home and had some cereal an hour later.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 03:00
Transient
HES BAAACK

hahahah yeah

wtf

the calzone was a behemoth. like, it was more than twice the size of an empty stomach

i think my stomach is like, lined with acid. ................ oh right, it is.

another very filling thing is a handful , just a handful, of grapenuts

Old 2005-09-03, 03:02
The Execrator
Noob lud

I'll pass on the grape nuts. Did you know if you switch from eating potato chips to unbuttered popcorn for snacks you can lose something like 15 pounds in a year??

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 03:03
Transient
HES BAAACK

youd have to eat a hell of a lot of snacks all day long for that to work... i dont really like either. popcorn makes me feel bloated,its just air. its good if you want to eat a huge bowl of something though

Old 2005-09-03, 03:09
The Execrator
Noob lud

Well, when you laugh, you burn off calories 20% faster than normal. So if you laugh 10-15 minutes a day, you can burn off up to 4 pounds. Hah

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 03:56
Transient
HES BAAACK

i wonder if its the same for fake smiles. if so, i lose pounds every day at school

Old 2005-09-03, 04:07
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Listen to your body trans. If you are hungery often then feed your body, but feed it good stuff, not BS. Calories are not measured by your body as much as quantity. You might need 3,000-4,000 calories a day being young and active; I do. I would die with a 2,000 a day diet until my body slowed down to survive. Some NFL players eat 10,000 calories a day so fuck the FDA. Listen to your body and you will know what you need. Being hungery all the time just means you are burning them as fast as you eat them. Eat more and keep working out. It pays off in the long run.

Old 2005-09-03, 04:37
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah, thats kind of the policy i had adapted. like i said before, i can satisfy my hunger with an apple and a rice cake and some peanuts... anyways, yeah, ill keep eating and just keeping track of myself. no weight gains damnit!

Old 2005-09-03, 04:44
KevC
Senior Metalhead

lately i've been trying to eat healthy, im eating more fruits and vegetables these days. but my mom's cooking uses alot of vegetable oil for frying and shit and i dont know how healthy that stuff is, anybody know?

Old 2005-09-03, 04:46
The Execrator
Noob lud

No idea. Probably isnt too bad.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-03, 05:47
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

It's about time we got a fitness thread. Unfortunately I pretty much missed it.

I know it's been answered, but if you get lightheaded at the gym it is because you didn't eat a substantial meal 2-4 hours prior to working out, and because you are dehydrated. Every bit of sweat you lose causes you to feel lightheaded, and tired. Water keeps you hydrated, and even lubricates your joints. I find eating a meal right before a workout makes me feel bloated, but if you give yourself enough time to digest you will be a machine. Speaking of machines, they are for gym rats, women, and old men. Free weights will utilize stabilizers, flexors, and generally benefit the body a lot more.

The gatorade subject is a little bit iffy. There is no magic supplement in it that makes you work harder/longer. It is a drink that is loaded with carbs and sugar. You could eat a banana prior to your workout for quick energy as an alternative. While you are working out hit the water hard.

I've been working out since last October (11 months) and have been increasingly committed as I went along. I started at about 155, cut down until 150, and have bulked up to 165 since then. Here are my major lifts:

Bench Press- 1x155
Squat- 6x220 (Past parallel)
Deadlift- 3/245 (No gloves,no chalk,no straps)
Military Press- 2/125

I haven't been working out for the past week because of football tryouts that have been going on every day. The practises have been intense but I ran the fastest 40 yards on my team and the coach told me i'd pretty much made the team as reciever/runningback.

Transient: Are you sure you really need to lose all that fat? You should just cut to a nice healthy weight rather than trying to get yourself so thin or you won't gain much muscle. If you don't start bulking soon you will regret it for the rest of your life. You are at an age where you are able to gain a lot of muscle quicker than at around 30 years old.

Speaking of food, i'm bulking so I basically eat what I want as long as it doesn't have a ridiculous amount of fat. I will probably lose some pounds just from being on the football team, as the practises are so strenuous. I have a very high carb diet so that energy is readily available. Carbs are not always the enemy. Fruit, bread, bagels, protein shakes are what I mostly eat.

Old 2005-09-03, 05:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Olive oil isn't that bad for frying things but don't eat it everyday all the time. Veggies and fruits are worthless if they are fried in fat all the time. You need fats and protiens but be careful not to over do it for to long. Eating a fatty meal once a week is good enough if you are an active person.

Your body believes it is still in the stone age. That means it wants to store all Calories that it can when you don't feed it enough. It thinks like this, "He isn't feeding much so I better store this meal because I won't get fed for another X hours and I don't know the next meal will come".

The human body is designed to store fat for hard times. Well those times are gone for the long run. Your body knows when food is in plenty and burns it like crazy, but only if you feed it when even the slightest bit hungery comes. It converts that plenty into strength to use to get more food in order to survive longer. Faster and stronger people will pass their DNA on to live forever. Over effecient and lazy people are indeed a risk to the ultimate survival by design.

Listen to your body, but also know when it is ignorently trying to kill you. We have a mind for a reason.

Old 2005-09-03, 06:00
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Bench Press- 1x155
Squat- 6x220 (Past parallel)
Deadlift- 3/245 (No gloves,no chalk,no straps)
Military Press- 2/125

That is wonderful stats. 15 lb of pure muscle at least in 11 months. Great shit!

One word, machine

Old 2005-09-03, 11:23
low-tech
Post-whore

i have i major problem gaining wieght, even working in restaurants and the free meal there doesnt help, when you smoke cutting wieght is easy, there been many periods where i can drink alot of coffee and just eat once a day. last year i had a physical and wieghted 146 pounds, i had tried and actually successfully hit like 165, but then lost my job then conserved and probably am back down to 145 mark, took about a year to gain it, lost it in a matter of months. i have as much problem gaining wieght as most people lose wieght.

Old 2005-09-03, 12:21
ManOwaR
Post-whore

I try to eat as much healty stuff as I can. But sometimes I have a little cake or candy and something. I usually eat cornflakes or cheerios for breakfast.

Old 2005-09-03, 13:17
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I gave up potato chips for Lent one year and replaced them with shortcut carrots. Crunchy stuff is stress food. I also lost 20 pounds doing that. I continued it for a long time afterwards an now when i do eat some chips it's one of those single serving bags once in awhile or I'll put some in a small bowl so i limit my intake.

One of my favorite snacks is to take regular or honey nut cheerios (usually the malt-o-meal or store brand that has the same amounts of ingredients and fill up a peanutbutter jar about halfway with that. I add a scant quarter cup of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, soynuts, walnuts, almonds, black walnuts, whatever I feel like having in there. One or 2 of them at least. And then I add some regular or white raisins, dry cranberries or blueberries, dried crunched banana, or diced mango, apricot, or whatever other fruit I like. I use all unsweetened and unsalted. And put the lid on and shake it up and snack on it.

Old 2005-09-03, 13:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

hey shred- everyone seems to have misunderstood what ive said. i DONT want to go down to 145, i just want to get around 155 160 and then start heavier in on the weight lifting

and vegetable oil is still oil

Old 2005-09-03, 18:19
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, oil is oil but some has less saturated fat than others. Olive oil has some beneficial stuff in it, but it still should be used in moderation. Look up some info on the net. There's a lot of places to find out stuff about nutrition.

I worked in an icecream store and ate a lot of the stuff when I did and I stayed at 127 for a very long time. When I went to the home I went up to 135 and hung there a long time. When I weighed less my knees used to ache, but the new weight I put on was muscle. I'm about 155 now, but my legs feel a lot stronger and my shoulders are broader than they ever were.

Old 2005-09-05, 02:18
ManOwaR
Post-whore

Damn, there is a mars chocolate bar on the table in front of me and I want to eat it. But I ain't gonna!

How do you measure you're fat percentage? do you need some kind of a special device that only private trainers have or something?

Last edited by ManOwaR : 2005-09-05 at 02:20.