Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-08-26, 13:07
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
That was a very one-dimensional thing to say ... these "posers" you speak of more often than not are the ones practicing into the wee hours of the morning.

Originally Posted by madtrixcerenzia
It doesnt take an axe just like ones hero to jam......Metal comes from the heart....not some over rated pickups.

Pick up and play for christs sake instead of dissecting every single millimeter of equiptment.....unless you're a POSER.

Umm^, for some reason it said i said that, but i definately didn't, that was someone else, just letting you all know.

And real fast, the guys who are practicing the most, that i have seen at least, dont have the signatures, i dont know why but its just something ive noticed. They practice a hell of alot, but ALWAYS on the wrong stuff. There is more practice to be done than to just the wee hours of the morning, its how you practice. Those real good guys are well versed in theory which is the big killer for all those players that want to be pros. They lack theory for so long, that when they realize how important it is, it is too late. Thats just the way it kinda seems like to me.

Also it kills people who get too into theory and technique stuff. The real real good players of the world that make it, are the ones who work on the theory and technique constantly, but still dont forget to put emotion and feel when using technique and theory. This sounds easy and simple, but i dont know anybody with that right now around here, but im just realizing it, and im trying my best to work at it.

Last edited by madtrixcerenzia : 2005-08-26 at 13:14.
Old 2005-08-26, 13:25
Senior Metalhead

i own a gibson gothic lp ( a cheap studio version... they dont even make em anymore i guess) and although its hard to play fast high fret stuff it still has its charm. noone knows whats the magic about the les pauls. the heavy headstock ... the thick body or the neck ... and their sound is therefore a true mystery. i personally love their sound their warmth and their beauty. call me gay but i had the opportunity to play a really good one ... i believe it was a 59' lp ... and i really got goose skin ... there was much more than just wood and hardware.

just dont put emgs in em like zakk does. dont get me wrong i love his playing etc ... but to my mind the character of a les paul gets lost when using high output pickups. just my opinion though ....

Old 2005-08-26, 13:26
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
Bia, refrain from posting such stupidity in an otherwise good topic. Just because you don't have the knowledge to discuss what we are talking about is no reason spew forth your idiot ramblings.
Comforting silence
Old 2005-08-26, 13:48
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
Bia, refrain from posting such stupidity in an otherwise good topic. Just because you don't have the knowledge to discuss what we are talking about is no reason spew forth your idiot ramblings.

+1

arrogance so lost, but it was necessary.

Awesome.
Old 2005-08-26, 13:57
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

you thought I wouldn't ban you for that?

stop beeing such a homo and kissing ass to everyone that talks smack to bia

Last edited by Def : 2005-08-26 at 14:34.
Old 2005-08-26, 14:09
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
I know several that shred with a Les Paul.

It doesnt take an axe just like ones hero to jam......Metal comes from the heart....not some over rated pickups.

Pick up and play for christs sake instead of dissecting every single millimeter of equiptment.....unless you're a POSER.

So humbuckers are over rated?

Do you ever read what you write?
Old 2005-08-26, 14:24
Muffin Ass

Where do I start?

Dead says... Bia, refrain from posting such stupidity in an otherwise good topic. Just because you don't have the knowledge to discuss what we are talking about is no reason spew forth your idiot ramblings."

Well Dead...I know exactly what others...and myself are speaking of.
I simply gave an opinion. It's as valid as anyone elses.
MY opinion is that LPs can thrash....if the person playing it thrashes.
Fucking DUHHHH
------------------------
Death CS says,
"So humbuckers are over rated?
Do you ever read what you write?"

I never even came close to saying that.
I said Metal comes from the heart...not over rated pickups.
Meaning (for you daft motherfuckers) that even a cheap stock pickup can sound great with the right person....unless one is so arrogant that they refuse to use anything except some high dollar special froo froo mega pickup that's been....well...you get the picture.
Humbuckers rule.....so I throw your question back at you...."Do you ever read what people say?"

Again...fucking DUHHHH

I realize some males dont like a chick that has a guitars or opinions....and that's cool.....but dont try and put fucking words in my mouth.
Old 2005-08-26, 14:33
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

most stock pickups do sound like ass, even with malmsteen playing them, it'll be incredible playing with crap tone. still, incredible playing but... you know

anyways, chill out.

you make yourself sound like on of those girls that are highly pissed off about nothing. it's the internet, not real life. you won't ever meet these people, fuck 'em. maybe you just like to argue, that's fine. maybe I just didn't get you right, that's fine too. but please stay on topic..
Old 2005-08-26, 14:37
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
I realize some males dont like a chick that has a guitars or opinions

Your pathetic grammar makes me laugh.
Old 2005-08-26, 14:39
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

like I said. ON TOPIC.

last warning. next one who posts bullshit gets it.
Old 2005-08-26, 14:48
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
like I said. ON TOPIC.

last warning. next one who posts bullshit gets it.

i LOVE it when you talk dirty.

Les Pauls, in my opinion, are very nice guitars.... just not worth the money they cost. Vastly overpriced, me thinks. Heavy as fuck too, which is no problem for me, but for the more scrawny among us (Bill) its quite a load to carry. I would like to buy one in my lifetime, but it wouldnt be my main guitar.
Old 2005-08-26, 14:53
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

(now where did I hear that before this week..)

Ditto. they're overpriced but they're more of an investment. I wouldn't dare to get a custom lp and use it on stage weekly. I would have it hanging on a wall and play some classic rock on it every now and then
Old 2005-08-26, 14:56
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
(now where did I hear that before this week..)

Ditto. they're overpriced but they're more of an investment. I wouldn't dare to get a custom lp and use it on stage weekly. I would have it hanging on a wall and play some classic rock on it every now and then

Precisely what i was trying to say.
Old 2005-08-26, 15:20
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Gibsons are very expensive no doubt , but Jackson soloists and DK 1 are about $1800 , If you want to play cheaper but great guitars Id suggest the 1000 series LTD , they are well made have real EMGs or Duncans , but that said , Unless you play a paul on a regular basis you wont appreciate it. I have 8 , I play all 8 , not all at once , Im not an octopuss , I love each and every one cept my custom , and thats because its a 75 made during Gibsons dark period when they were taken over by another company NORLIN who did everything to save money and the QC went out the shitter. I just picked up not too long ago a LP standard faded , Ill jam with any one with that guitar , its tone are kick ass , as is my other Pauls,
some peeps swear by strats , i hate em , not because they suck , its just not my cup of tea ,Im not crazy about jackson who is owned by fender now ,never liked the BC rich , Love ESP LTD Dean ,
Point is its not a waste of money for someone who loves that type of guitar and has the cash for it. like ive posted before I love flying Vs some of you may hate em.
If you play it and you create something with it its never a waste of money.
Old 2005-08-26, 16:03
Post-whore

Fucking overrated or not, I'll pop a boner looking at this finish anyday. W/ the bindings and shit it looks sooo fucking good.

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibs...5mmmnh_wall.jpg
Old 2005-08-26, 16:08
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

I have a class 5 in that color fucking beautiful guitar and sounds like an angel in heat with the burstbucker 2 and 3s fucking awsum
Old 2005-08-26, 16:10
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to IlikeRiffseveryone Send a message via MSN to IlikeRiffseveryone
I played on a les paul today, It had a very wet, drooping sound, Ideal for blues or jazz, but it didn't seem to push my buttons. Still a nice guitar though.
Old 2005-08-26, 16:20
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Fucking overrated or not, I'll pop a boner looking at this finish anyday. W/ the bindings and shit it looks sooo fucking good.

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibs...5mmmnh_wall.jpg

Amen!
Old 2005-08-26, 16:27
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to IlikeRiffseveryone Send a message via MSN to IlikeRiffseveryone
yeah, there still gorgeous in my opinion.
Old 2005-08-26, 23:16
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
I realize some males dont like a chick that has a guitars or opinions....and that's cool.....but dont try and put fucking words in my mouth.

You have PM, since I don't want to start a muckwar in this forum.

If I were going to have to have a Gibson LP it'd be the baritone model ... I think they made seven string LP's a while back, I'd love to have one of those.