MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2005-08-24, 13:26
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Carvin SX-300h

Yes, I'm looking at this head. Read the reviews on Harmony Central. i'd just like to get a good idea if its a good head or not. Low on available funds, so please do not suggest an ENGL, or Marshall, or anything over $500-600.

http://www.carvin.com/products/sing...r=SX300H&CID=GA

Any other suggestions around the same price are welcome. Like I said though. Just not friggin overboard here.

and ps. - i'm not worried about the distortion, which is one of its problems. I am getting a Rocktron Silver Dragon. kthnx.

ah. and question two: I'm looking to replace the tuners on a guitar I may be purchasing. Recommendations? Schaeller?

Awesome.

Last edited by Dissection : 2005-08-24 at 13:30.

Old 2005-08-24, 16:22
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

second hand blue voodoo is intresting for the price. And the g2 randall series sound pretty good. I just bought my self a randall g2 200 watt half stack. it has nice high gain.And the cleans are decent. Maybe look at those. Or if you lucky a second hand ampeg vh 140
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2005-08-24, 16:31
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

I had been looking for a blue voodoo, but thanks to my dad, I let TWO get away (on intrumentexchange.com). Yes, a blue voodoo would be my first choice. As for the randall, I'm not looking for a really good distortion amp, but I'll look them up anyway.

And I guess I'll search for the ampeg too. Any info on the Carvin would be helpful, too.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-24, 17:46
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

without you getting your balls in a uproar , have you tried the Crate shockwave.its a great SS amp for not too much.I think head and Cab are like $700

Old 2005-08-24, 17:50
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Shockwave? Isn't that the Crate 3500h?

And I'm not getting anything but that avatar cab. Unless its a high dollar crate cab, its going to be a disappointment.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-24, 17:56
foxguitar
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Shockwave? Isn't that the Crate 3500h?

And I'm not getting anything but that avatar cab. Unless its a high dollar crate cab, its going to be a disappointment.

Its a gain monster , pretty good for SS

Old 2005-08-24, 18:09
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

I'm aware. John Holland has one. And the head itself is $699, unless its gone down since I looked a month ago.

Now, anyone have any info on the CARVIN. Still the cheapest, and highest rated i've seen in a while.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-24, 19:06
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Crate GT3500H is what I have also. Its $599 now last I saw. Great amp. It can do the brutal death metal, and all the other stuff pretty well.

As for tuners try to get ones of the same size. If it had grover tuners in there before, get grovers etc. Believe me its a bitch to have to ream them out to have them fit.

Old 2005-08-24, 19:48
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Damn, uh, I'll have to get back to you on the tuners if I win the bid. My limit is a little higher than last auction since I get paid again tomorrow. So I'm guessing my limit will be around $250 this time. So, I'll send pictures if I win it.

And yes, $599, sorry. The AVT150h is $699. I was considering that just for the clean, and the wattage, but its not worth it.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-24, 21:01
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
I'm aware. John Holland has one. And the head itself is $699, unless its gone down since I looked a month ago.

Now, anyone have any info on the CARVIN. Still the cheapest, and highest rated i've seen in a while.

http://apps.carvin.com/cgi-bin/ubbc...ic;f=8;t=007298

Maybe this helps you. some people on the forum are talking about the amp.
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2005-08-25, 01:16
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Appreciate the link.

Awesome.