MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2005-08-24, 15:05
Post-whore

Foxguitar has probably given me the best reply so far, so lay off him. How dare you shitstains fuck up my thread! All I wanted is some advice on which amp to get and somehow you managed to make a fight out of it.

Hx, Ecstacy, go back to the fucking RTT where you can spew out your worthless shit.

I tried out both amps with my own guitar already. About the engl, my dad keeps shutting me down when I try to bring it up. I think it's because he thinks they are too expensive (which they are not), and the city I live in doesn't carry them. He probably doesn't want to order anything. Are Engl's very versatile?

Last edited by ShredIsNotDead : 2005-08-24 at 15:31.
Old 2005-08-24, 15:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguitar
hey newbie what are you the new kid on the cock , I dont think they need your stupid ass to assist em , we go at pretty good without your smart mouth , be at least at metalhead level before you begin the joust , ok fuckface

You kick ass kid....

EDIT: For ShredisnotDead: What kinda tone you lookin for man? Cuz it seems like you like a variety of shit.
Old 2005-08-24, 15:08
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
and Hx arent you the asswipe that got a speeding ticket , you stupid fuck

Yes, because we all know how hard it is to miss a car sitting behind shrubbery in the middle of nowhere.

And go to hell, this guy has fucked every thread he's started. So yeah, so much for trying to be helpful. You can go fuck yourself as well.

Awesome.
Old 2005-08-24, 15:08
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

To be thread related, I would go with the jsx. I havnt tried to many high end marshalls, but the JCM 900 I tried wasn't that ballsy.[/QUOTE]
You see junior thats your problem You havent tried to many high end marshalls, so how could you say get the JSX , the JSX is a decent amp no doubt , but take a great guitar player not some douche , He will play a Marshall , 90 percent of really good players use marshall , im not talking about the tune to to triple zzz and chug with one finger chords , I m talking serious players . Im not knocking the JSX or any other amp but a real good player is going marshall
Old 2005-08-24, 15:12
bugfucker strikes back.

Marshall has a the sort of tone that is... i dunno... Expected? Its the standard because its good. Its just become generic.

JSX, like I said last page.

Awesome.
Old 2005-08-24, 15:40
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
You kick ass kid....

EDIT: For ShredisnotDead: What kinda tone you lookin for man? Cuz it seems like you like a variety of shit.

I'm not that great at describing a tone but i'll give it my best shot. I've been getting in to classical lately so I just want a nice clean that will get the job done. As for crunch, I could care less, as long as it isn't hideous. Distortion is where I get picky. I want a distortion that is very sharp, so that every note is distinguished. I also want to get a variety of different distortions (death metal, thrash etc). I want it to have that crushing feeling, very heavy. It MUST have a good lead sound. Every note must be clear.

I listened to some engl sound clips on that site, and the distortion on the fireball sounds similar to what i'm looking for, though that's probably not exactly what it sounds like.

The hard part is getting an amp that my dad will like too. He is paying most of the money and is very picky about his cleans and crunch (he plays some blues, ac/dc, mostly rhythm stuff).
Old 2005-08-24, 15:41
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Thank You Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Foxguitar has probably given me the best reply so far, so lay off him. How dare you shitstains fuck up my thread! All I wanted is some advice on which amp to get and somehow you managed to make a fight out of it.

Hx, Ecstacy, go back to the fucking RTT where you can spew out your worthless shit.

I tried out both amps with my own guitar already. About the engl, my dad keeps shutting me down when I try to bring it up. I think it's because he thinks they are too expensive (which they are not), and the city I live in doesn't carry them. He probably doesn't want to order anything. Are Engl's very versatile?

Look all I did was express opinions but some peeps get their panties twisted , most of you dont know shit , look the X dude not to blow smoke is a gear god , So Im confident he has at least tried the shit before commenting , most of you little teeny boppers havent tried anything other than your k mart special and your playing skills are next to none , All you think you are experts and you know not.When I comment at least Ive tried the shit and if I havent , Ill ask about or inquire about it , not claim to be a gear god. So shut the fuck up you may learn something ,
Its ok not to know everything
Old 2005-08-24, 15:50
bugfucker strikes back.

When did we claim to be gear gods. Especially me; i'm about the most modest guitar player on this board. I don't talk about my "skills" and whatnot.

As for cleans, get the Marshall then. If the distortion is not up to your standards, you can always grab a Rocktron Silver Dragon. I keep praising these things for a reason. Not to just go get myself one...

Awesome.
Old 2005-08-24, 15:57
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

The marshall DSL distortion should be fine but if you need a booast put a Zakk overdrive pedal in front it will scream , just rememember to click it off when you stop , other wise it will howl like a bitch ,
The Zakk overdrive is a nice little pedal IMHO
Old 2005-08-24, 16:08
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
This fuck ass is really pissing me off, im sorry Shred for bein one of the guys to kinda fuck the thread up, but this faggot ruins almost every thread he posts in. If your so high and mighty with your college degree learn how to fucking spell, and also not you never capitalize a conjunction after a comma retard. They should have tought you how to not type run on sentences in college also (im not one to talk, as i do it all the time but i havn't gone to college). Are you calling me and the every other person who gets a ticket an asswipe for speeding you goodie tooshoo mama's boy prick. Just cause I go fast on a straight highway cause I wanna get to my destination faster somehow makes me a piece of toilet paper? Your obsession with jousting makes me think you wanna joust every mans ass on this forum with your ameba of a cock. Sorry i havnt tried as many amps as your lying ass has, probably cause I listen to too much no talent death metal to even consider owning and/or operating a good amp.
Old 2005-08-24, 17:12
Post-whore

Quote:
, the XXX is a great metal amp shitty cleans .

The cleans aren't that bad...I've heard shittier.
Old 2005-08-24, 17:31
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
This fuck ass is really pissing me off, im sorry Shred for bein one of the guys to kinda fuck the thread up, but this faggot ruins almost every thread he posts in. If your so high and mighty with your college degree learn how to fucking spell, and also not you never capitalize a conjunction after a comma retard. They should have tought you how to not type run on sentences in college also (im not one to talk, as i do it all the time but i havn't gone to college). Are you calling me and the every other person who gets a ticket an asswipe for speeding you goodie tooshoo mama's boy prick. Just cause I go fast on a straight highway cause I wanna get to my destination faster somehow makes me a piece of toilet paper? Your obsession with jousting makes me think you wanna joust every mans ass on this forum with your ameba of a cock. Sorry i havnt tried as many amps as your lying ass has, probably cause I listen to too much no talent death metal to even consider owning and/or operating a good amp.

your such a little angry prick . boy take some anti depressants you pipsqueak
man you are one fucked up dude ,
and I do have all the shit I said I did , why because I can fuck face. Im glad you got a ticket , slow down jism puss, you may hurt yourself ,
you must be a homo phobe , your constantly talking about another dudes ass, its ok if your gay , come out of the closet suicide boy , you hurled the first shot , im game , ill fuck you up each and everytime little boy , you aint seen nothing yet ,
the sad thing is you dont even know what the fuck you are talking about , at least if I dont know I have no problem asking , but you strap on boy act like you are the GEAR MASTER , sorry owning a 200 guitar and a shitty combo ,while theres nothing wrong with it dont make u expert. Oh and by the way I never claimed to be one either I only talk what I have owned or at least demoed .
so in conclusion tinker bell go practice your anal cunt riff ,
Old 2005-08-24, 17:34
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
I think the fireball is probably the best option, its about the same price as the jcm 2000 right?
Old 2005-08-24, 17:41
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
I give up, im gonna try and let the mods deal with this retard, ill just sit back and watch.
Old 2005-08-24, 17:47
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
I think the fireball is probably the best option, its about the same price as the jcm 2000 right?

I think the DSL goes for $1500 , the Engle I believe is about 18 0r 19 I believe the X man would know better. But an Engle or a framus is harder to find to demo , i believe not to many places have em , whereas even Sam ash or Gc have the marshall , I honestly would love to hear a engle , a framus , a Krank and A/B them against the marshall , Those boutique amps would probably be better than the marshall but they are harder to find , probably more expensive as well .
Then if you decide on a boutique do you go for a engl powerball , a framus cobra or the krankenstein which goes for 1699 ,That one you can get at music123 or musiciansfiend
Old 2005-08-24, 18:53
Post-whore

Unfortunately, boutique amps are pretty much out of the question.

We just found a 5150 head in the bargain finder for about 450$ Canadian, so we are going to go try it out soon. If it sounds good, we'll definetely get it. My dad found a good cabinet in the bargain finder and bought it today, it sounds great. If we get the 5150 the whole thing would only cost about 900$ and if we don't like it in a couple months, we can sell it for just as much as we bought it for.
Old 2005-08-24, 19:55
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

I think if you are going peavey the JSX is much better than the 5150 ,for that matter the XXX is way better too ,
Some swear by the 5150 , I think the 5150 II and 6550 are probably a bit better, To me IMHO the 5150 is too bottom heavy , the JSX is to me way way better.
But either way good luck and have fun with it , let us know you make it man
Old 2005-08-24, 21:47
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Necro_Butcher
Quote:
I think the DSL goes for $1500 , the Engle I believe is about 18 0r 19 I believe the X man would know better. But an Engle or a framus is harder to find to demo , i believe not to many places have em , whereas even Sam ash or Gc have the marshall , I honestly would love to hear a engle , a framus , a Krank and A/B them against the marshall , Those boutique amps would probably be better than the marshall but they are harder to find , probably more expensive as well .
Then if you decide on a boutique do you go for a engl powerball , a framus cobra or the krankenstein which goes for 1699 ,That one you can get at music123 or musiciansfiend

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/descri...424.137.103.214

fireball's 1200
Old 2005-08-24, 22:13
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Insomnium
i hardly see Marshall as the standard of anything. It has been widely used throughout the years because it has the perfect british heavy metal tone... but thats not what hes asking for. Sure, the 2000 series can do metal, but not nearly as well as the JSX. Both have good cleans, neither are great though.

verdict = JSX
Old 2005-08-24, 22:15
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Insomnium
Quote:
engle , a framus , a Krank

Krank is hardly in any sort of league with the other two... i don't understand the hype and endorsement they are getting. I've played all of their models, and found nothing good about any of them. There was one that was better than the rest, but it wasnt even worth remembering the name.