MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2005-08-18, 22:48
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Do they really need 9 people to play that? Thats sad...

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2005-08-18, 23:10
Metal As Fuck!

Send a message via MSN to davie_gravy Send a message via Yahoo to davie_gravy
Yea,

I agree, Slipknot has went down fast! but I guess I'm one of the ones who likes and respects their music, even in it's simplicy form. I guess because, Slipknot was the one to open the door for me to heavier music. Crazy as it sounds, I thought back when Slipknot first came out with the self titled shit, that it was just the most demonic, evil, chaotic sounding shit I'd ever heard. Prior to slipknot, the heaviest shit I ever heard was early-mid metallica with a splash of slayer. I do agree, their are nothing of metal, but they did have something going for em in the eariler years.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.
Old 2005-08-19, 06:40
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to obrien20
you're all judging it as a bad music, i don't think its a bad song and i think Vol 3 is a cool album, IMO.
Old 2005-08-19, 08:19
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
you're all judging it as a bad music, i don't think its a bad song and i think Vol 3 is a cool album, IMO.

Poser!
Poser!!
Poser!!!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Old 2005-08-19, 09:18
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
They are suing Burger King...

I hope GWAR sues them.

That would be great.

I've already seen this video,and yes its fucking gay.
Old 2005-08-19, 09:31
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Metalheads have a secret crush on Slipknot. Don't tell anybody, but it's a kinda creepy stalkerish relationship. We hide behind Slipknot's bushes and take pictures of her, and then cut their eyes out moments after developing them in our bathrooms. It's fun and awesome.

Yes it's true, I steal their underwear, slice them up with a kitchen knife and post it back to them
Old 2005-08-19, 12:40
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
Poser!
Poser!!
Poser!!!
LMAO!!!!!
Old 2005-08-19, 13:20
Post-whore

Fuck it. The video is taking way too long to load.

But I am sure it sucks.

Fucking hell. So many people at my school are like "Hey dude, is Slipknot the heaviest or what!" and i'm like "Uh...no I know alot of heavier and faster bands that make Slipknot look like idiots." Then they say "Aww you are a poser then."

The only thing that i'll addmit is that Joey is a pretty good drummer. I don't know why Paul and Joey left Anal Blast to do this crap.

Truer words were never spoken.
Old 2005-08-19, 13:27
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher

But I am sure it sucks.

Fucking hell. So many people at my school are like "Hey dude, is Slipknot the heaviest or what!" and i'm like "Uh...no I know alot of heavier and faster bands that make Slipknot look like idiots." Then they say "Aww you are a poser then."

The only thing that i'll addmit is that Joey is a pretty good drummer. I don't know why Paul and Joey left Anal Blast to do this crap.

They called you a poser?!?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black..

I've never heard anal blast,I'll have to check it out.
Old 2005-08-19, 13:45
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88

I'm confused as to when Anthrax sold out. Keep in mind Jim's explanation of 'sold out' when pinpointing this moment for me. I'll accept 'are worse now' with no explanation, but 'sold out' will be a tough sell on me. At least until the formative stages of the Joey Belladonna reunion.

the killer b's, they had a song with public enemy (hip hop).

back to the subject. the only thing i hat emore than slipknot is there fan base. god i cant even walk in a mall with out seeing some teenybopper with a slipknot shirt, slipknot military hat, and slipknot vest with black parachte pants and black eyeliner.

Last edited by Rattler : 2005-08-19 at 13:49.
Old 2005-08-19, 13:48
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

That may be considered a "sellout",but Public Enemy rules.More than Anthrax for that matter.
Old 2005-08-19, 14:40
Post-whore

Quote:
I say Joey and Mick, by the way, Mick Worships Immolation and Suffo...At least he has a good taste.
Old 2005-08-19, 18:19
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Vardanstalt
Quote:

Its not worth the wait. But, you might wanna see it just to see how gay it is.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace
Old 2005-08-19, 18:25
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They did a song with a rap group that has more integrity than 99% of metal. Oooh. I still fail to see how that was selling out, especially since you didn't show that they did it for the money or in some way damaged their integrity by doing it, and especially since it wasn't their first collaboration with a rap group, having previously written 'I'm the Man' with the Beastie Boys. I'll await your second submission.
Old 2005-08-19, 19:23
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
They called you a poser?!?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black..

I've never heard anal blast,I'll have to check it out.

LOL be warned it's not the best music around...but damn close to the funniest.

Old 2005-08-19, 19:28
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
I say Joey and Mick, by the way, Mick Worships Immolation and Suffo...At least he has a good taste.

Yeah Mick is cool but he is really stuck up. My freind is a fan of him and at a signing Mick would'nt sign my friend's B.C. Rich signature Warlock because he does'nt play that anymore. How gay is that!

Just because he supposidly listens to those bands does'nt mean he should continue to do this crap. Like that fuck in Good Charolete wearing a Cradle Of Filth shirt. Obviously he does'nt listen to them cause if he did he would'nt be in Good Charollete he would be in a less gayier, but still pretty gay band like Cradle LOL

Old 2005-08-20, 04:33
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Yeah Mick is cool but he is really stuck up. My freind is a fan of him and at a signing Mick would'nt sign my friend's B.C. Rich signature Warlock because he does'nt play that anymore. How gay is that!

That's really gay, i thought Mick was better than that. And suing burger king...man i've just lost my fate in these guys.
Old 2005-08-20, 05:41
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

back to the subject. the only thing i hat emore than slipknot is there fan base. god i cant even walk in a mall with out seeing some teenybopper with a slipknot shirt, slipknot military hat, and slipknot vest with black parachte pants and black eyeliner.

So what if they dared to do something different! I hardly think working with then underground hip hop act Public Enemy constitutes selling out. They got a lot of shit from racist dicks because of it even when they toured together, but it broke down barriers which is a good thing. Anthrax always tried different things and introduced the narrow minded metal fans to punk, hardcore and rap as well as helping further the thrash genre. They did covers of Alice Cooper, Discharge, Celtic Frost, Priest, Sex Pistols, Kiss, even old Motown tunes! And why not! The Killer B's album was a collection of fun/covers and silly left over stuff it was never meant to be a serious body of work.

And why so hard on the Slipknot fans? Everyone has to start somewhere when discovering this music, I'm sure the first band that got you into metal isn't any cooler! Yeah so some of them will grow out of metal when it's not trendy anymore, but others will explore it and stick around. There are far more things you could spend your time doing than going on about Knot fans hanging around the mall! How about using that energy to discover a new band that will blow our socks off, that'll be more productive

PST 88:- I'm not sure 'I'm The Man' was written with the Beastie Boys, though it does sound Beastie esq. It was written by Anthrax with J Rooney(who ever he is, I'm not sure he's a Beastie unless it's a Pseudonym??)
Old 2005-08-20, 06:39
Post-whore

Quote:

Just because he supposidly listens to those bands does'nt mean he should continue to do this crap. Like that fuck in Good Charolete wearing a Cradle Of Filth shirt. Obviously he does'nt listen to them cause if he did he would'nt be in Good Charollete he would be in a less gayier, but still pretty gay band like Cradle LOL

yea, that is pretty gay that he did that, if it were me, i would just sign whatever

apparently he might release a solo record sometime after they stop touring, i hope its a shred solo record.
Old 2005-08-20, 09:09
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
So what if they dared to do something different! I hardly think working with then underground hip hop act Public Enemy constitutes selling out. They got a lot of shit from racist dicks because of it even when they toured together, but it broke down barriers which is a good thing. Anthrax always tried different things and introduced the narrow minded metal fans to punk, hardcore and rap as well as helping further the thrash genre. They did covers of Alice Cooper, Discharge, Celtic Frost, Priest, Sex Pistols, Kiss, even old Motown tunes! And why not! The Killer B's album was a collection of fun/covers and silly left over stuff it was never meant to be a serious body of work.

And why so hard on the Slipknot fans? Everyone has to start somewhere when discovering this music, I'm sure the first band that got you into metal isn't any cooler! Yeah so some of them will grow out of metal when it's not trendy anymore, but others will explore it and stick around. There are far more things you could spend your time doing than going on about Knot fans hanging around the mall! How about using that energy to discover a new band that will blow our socks off, that'll be more productive

PST 88:- I'm not sure 'I'm The Man' was written with the Beastie Boys, though it does sound Beastie esq. It was written by Anthrax with J Rooney(who ever he is, I'm not sure he's a Beastie unless it's a Pseudonym??)

HOLY SHIT, Dave Mustaine did someting different, he came a christian. and for that he was shuned by a lot of people. anathrax tries febely to make money by making a song with a rap group and everyone is applading. they made money because rather than i'm the man being played on the metal station, it was played on the rap and metal station.

think about it! doing a song with a rap group is not metal! shit, i feal like im taking crazy pills here!

dude, the first metal band i was into was metallica, ive never worn any of their (or any others bands) merch other than a t-shirt mabye a normal hat, i never liked slipknot or anyother goth band for that matter.

PS. overkill will blow your socks of.