MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2005-08-07, 21:41
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

A classic case of a band with too much studio time!
I'm all for a laugh and bands doing silly covers but why not leave this for a giggle in a live environment? Once you've heard it the novelties gone and you don't really get the urge to listen to it again!

Mind you I bet Britney is comfort eating more burgers after hearing this!!

Old 2005-08-07, 21:43
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I couldn't have said it much better myself. Its not funny, clever, interesting or amusing. It's just fucking stupid. I think Bodom actually WANT to lose the little credibility that they have. It's like they are trying to suck in a way that no one has ever sucked before (Except maybe Megadeth for 'These Boots' , to this day I still don't understand what they were doing with that)

Lighten up..

Its a fucking joke, get it?

and Britney wont be getting any royalties becuase the EP will only be released in Finland, I belive.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-08-07, 21:50
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
(Except maybe Megadeth for 'These Boots' , to this day I still don't understand what they were doing with that)

I think Dave wanted to get sued by the Sinatra family. What with Franks 'alleged' MOB connections, Dave was probably hoping in a convoluted way of becoming a made man
Dave probably modelled his singing style on Don Corleone????!!!!

Old 2005-08-07, 22:06
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Ohhhhh, I get it. I get jokes.

I listened to it a bunch of times. I can't help but feel disappointed that CoB did this, since it really could've been funny if genuinely funny people had done it, which'll probably never happen now. All the 'humor' here's pretty standard, cookie-cutter, and forced. So yeah, I get it. I just don't want it.

And Dave did a lot of stupid things. He was on heroin. That's what happens when you do hard drugs, kids. Keep it clean.

Old 2005-08-07, 23:12
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
and Britney wont be getting any royalties becuase the EP will only be released in Finland, I belive.

How does that work? Is Finland a royaties exile? Surely if you record and release somebody elses song you have to pay them royalties regardless of which country you release it in as they own the copyright.
The only way Britney wouldn't be getting any royalties is because she probably never wrote a single note of that tune

Old 2005-08-07, 23:27
Transient
HES BAAACK

bodom are good goofy fun
megadeth are uptight wanna be political too serious for their own good metal

no point in even mentioning the two in the same sentence

bodom were just pushing everyones limits and having a fun time

besides, this is only on a finland only single its not like its their first song on their new album

Old 2005-08-07, 23:33
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

With my track record for cheesy shite.........can I be the first to tab this???

Old 2005-08-07, 23:44
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
bodom are good goofy fun
megadeth are uptight wanna be political too serious for their own good metal

no point in even mentioning the two in the same sentence

bodom were just pushing everyones limits and having a fun time

besides, this is only on a finland only single its not like its their first song on their new album

Exactly, if your suprised by this then you dont know bodoms super happy fun
"get drunk and party facade". Like when alexi got drunk and feel of his car. And with all those photos they dont look very serious. The one with the hot tub, the one where there all with towels posing on the firebird. The one where alexi is in lingerie...wait, it all comes together now...

I wonder if COB is the first gay metal band?

Last edited by IlikeRiffseveryone : 2005-08-07 at 23:47.

Old 2005-08-07, 23:46
Transient
HES BAAACK

hahahaha alexis married :P

they are just good drunk fun

dahmers id love it if you would tab this, you goofy bastard

Old 2005-08-07, 23:49
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

yeah that solos so damned bouncy.

Wait, alexis married?!?! that would be a very wierd husband.

Last edited by IlikeRiffseveryone : 2005-08-07 at 23:51.

Old 2005-08-07, 23:54
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Funny....

but ill be laughing more when Britney covers a Bodom song.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-07, 23:59
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeRiffseveryone
yeah that solos so damned bouncy.

Wait, alexis married?!?! that would be a very wierd husband.

yeah to kimberly goss, half korean woman from california

fat and ugly if you ask me.she sings/writes lyrics sometimes. she wrote the lyrics for a song on the new album and silent night bodom night

Old 2005-08-08, 00:09
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilito

no. no. i didnt even laugh. that was sad. im ready for flaming. fuck that was shit.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-08-08, 00:15
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Its a fucking joke, get it?

Well, call me slow, but no, I don't get it. Please elaborate.

Old 2005-08-08, 00:36
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's a lame, stock joke. It's that kind of safe, contrived, 'What would people think's funny? Right, Britney Spears! HaHA!' humor you often see exhibited on Comedy Central's half hour specials. It's them pulling a joke Eminem would've done four years ago, when it was current, and which everybody in this thread would've called lame and stupid. Get it now?

These people think it's funny because CoB could record Alexi farting on a snare drum and it'd be praised for how silly/goofy/funny it is. Actually that would be funny. Anyway, the point is that these weak, half-assed attempts at humor will keep coming as long as people are willing to swallow it and ask for seconds. So indefinitely.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2005-08-08 at 00:45.

Old 2005-08-08, 01:48
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

And look at all the publicity that it has gotten them!

115 posts!~!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-08-08, 02:53
Devilito
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
no. no. i didnt even laugh. that was sad. im ready for flaming. fuck that was shit.

yep it was shit. They we laughing on the track in hopes that other people would laugh WITH them not AT them. You can tell they took it seriously and hoped nobody would notice. It's obvious why they laughed on the track at the end.

Personally i still like CoB, and Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper will be great no matter what they do from here on in. They could start a new boy band and it wouldnt take away from those first albums. The only thing that sucks is the wasted talent. But in the end it's their band, and if this is what they want to do then this is what they think is worthy of putting out. This one joke song isnt a big deal in itself, but honestly, their past 2 albums have sucked dog shit

Old 2005-08-08, 02:57
Transient
HES BAAACK

youre all uptight metalheads

i suppose im not suprised

and i dont think everything alexi does is funny , pst. i genuinely enjoy his billy idol covers and its just something entertaining they did. theyre laughing because its pretty goddamn ridiculous and they know it. someone said they took it seriously. they did enough to learn a 10 note chorus and noodle around. its not a real effort track, and if they truly thought it was a worthwhile cover (like their other covers....hellion, shot in the dark, rebel yell) they wouldnt have a finnish conversation in the middle, laughter in the end, and alexis vocals wouldnt be so high in the mix. its just a goofy track that hundreds of bands before have done. this is only getting so much attention because bodom is a skilled band

Old 2005-08-08, 03:14
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They obviously don't take it seriously, but that doesn't automatically make it worthwhile. It's a dumb joke. It's the equivalent of open mic night at the local Laff Shack or a third-rate sit-com. It's not only a bad joke, it's an old bad joke. It's a lazy and mediocre jab at humor by a band whose entire output's always been sterile and contrived.

For me at any rate, it's not a matter of being uptight as that I like my humor, y'know, funny. That's just me, though. Now, when I want to hear a funny CoB cover, I listen to their cover of Mass Hypnosis. That's pretty funny, until I remember the original. Then I'm just sad.

And people are taking notice because they're a big band whose every move is announced and discussed on the internet. Their skill doesn't have shit to do with it.

Old 2005-08-08, 03:19
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
These people think it's funny because CoB could record Alexi farting on a snare drum and it'd be praised for how silly/goofy/funny it is.

spot on.

And the laughter at the end of some MP3's are from the DJ's on the radio station it was ripped from.

Old 2005-08-08, 03:27
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
They obviously don't take it seriously, but that doesn't automatically make it worthwhile. It's a dumb joke. It's the equivalent of open mic night at the local Laff Shack or a third-rate sit-com. It's not only a bad joke, it's an old bad joke. It's a lazy and mediocre jab at humor by a band whose entire output's always been sterile and contrived.

For me at any rate, it's not a matter of being uptight as that I like my humor, y'know, funny. That's just me, though. Now, when I want to hear a funny CoB cover, I listen to their cover of Mass Hypnosis. That's pretty funny, until I remember the original. Then I'm just sad.

And people are taking notice because they're a big band whose every move is announced and discussed on the internet. Their skill doesn't have shit to do with it.

yeah its an old joke but i honestly laughed at it when i heard it. mass hypnosis is so atrocious its unbelievable. thats why it was never released

and their skill does have something to do with it. everyones complaining about how bodom arent as technical as they used to be, and this song seems like the ultimate offense to someone whos mad at alexi for not making shred riffs for every song

Old 2005-08-08, 03:50
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They shred less now, eh? I might like them more then. Though I had more of a problem with the fact that a lot of their melodies come straight out of early 90's King Diamond than with the endless shredding. I have too much respect for King and Andy to hear their shit replayed in a sped up, jingley manner.

I haven't seen any complaints along those lines, but I can see where they'd come from.

Their Mass Hypnosis is on the Sepultura Tributo. It would probably amuse the shit out of me if the original didn't kick so much ass.

Old 2005-08-08, 04:04
Transient
HES BAAACK

jesus i thought mass hypnosis didnt make it out. its almost as badly messed up as their cover of aces high, which literally has the timing on the first riff WRONG

and yes, they have "riffs" instead of melodies nonstop

king diamond doesnt seem to have that kind of early bodom riffing from what ive heard....

Old 2005-08-08, 04:11
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He doesn't. The style's different, but on virtually every song I've heard a guitar or keyboard melody that I've heard from King about a decade earlier. It's not like Papa Roach and Iron Maiden, but it's pretty clear.

Old 2005-08-08, 04:41
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

yea, i didnt even laugh.

Old 2005-08-08, 04:41
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
jesus i thought mass hypnosis didnt make it out. its almost as badly messed up as their cover of aces high, which literally has the timing on the first riff WRONG

and yes, they have "riffs" instead of melodies nonstop

king diamond doesnt seem to have that kind of early bodom riffing from what ive heard....

I thought the Aces high cover was good. I think that and "shot in the dark" are their best covers.

Old 2005-08-08, 05:17
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

The only cover I like that CoB did was Don't Stop at the Top by Scorpions. All the other covers were pathetic. And I've stopped liking Cob ever since the hatecrew cause he started to use original ideas for his music...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2005-08-08 at 05:19.

Old 2005-08-08, 06:30
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
The only cover I like that CoB did was Don't Stop at the Top by Scorpions. All the other covers were pathetic. And I've stopped liking Cob ever since the hatecrew cause he started to use original ideas for his music...

I really like Cob's cover of Slayers "slient scream"

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-08-08, 10:32
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy
I really like Cob's cover of Slayers "slient scream"

Wasn't that Vader??? Or have CoB done it also?
I have a copy of Mass Hippie-nosis and it does suck. Their version of Hellion is pretty dire too!

Old 2005-08-08, 11:05
Theoldman
Post-whore

I just heard In Your Face. It was pretty messy, but it was fucking cool! One of the best Bodom songs I've heard. And there wasn't those crappy cheesy synths. I liked that keyboard sound.

Old 2005-08-08, 13:00
Otiz
Metalhead

It's better with Britney Spears.

Old 2005-08-08, 21:02
Transient
HES BAAACK

both bodom and vader covered SS

Old 2005-08-08, 22:21
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
both bodom and vader covered SS

I'll have to check their version out

Old 2005-08-09, 14:04
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Anyway, the point is that these weak, half-assed attempts at humor will keep coming as long as people are willing to swallow it and ask for seconds.

That's exactly the point.On the other hand
you can always laugh with how lame these attempts are,so
that's something

Old 2005-08-09, 21:56
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead

It seems like they're grinding down the sort of edge they had on Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper in favor of something a little more simplistic and "fun." However, this song, musically, almost reminded me of Edguy's newer stuff. The vocals, I can't quite place my finger on it, but they sort of remind me of the guy from Grave Digger on The Last Supper album. Just a little, but enough.

On their leads being from King Diamond, I was thinking, and there's one keyboard melody from either Follow the Reaper or Hatebreeder, that sounds very much like Mansion in Darkness.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind

Old 2005-08-10, 05:07
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

for those who want the cover...i have it...if you want PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2005-08-15, 21:31
h4x5k8
Post-whore

I have a sampler of much of their new shit, it pretty much sucks IMO, it almost sounds Hardcore genre related. They use that one "hardchord" the infamous

B |---6---|
G |---9---|

AIM or MSN me if you want any.

Old 2005-08-17, 04:59
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead

He added a solo to the song!!!!!

It sounds kind of shitty IMO, but that's because of the lyrics. It's a B.S. song after all!

Old 2005-08-17, 07:11
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

It's a B.S. band after all hoho heheh

Old 2005-08-19, 18:33
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
The Britney cover isn't available yet, Bob. Nobody can hear it. Not even you. If I see it available, though, I'll PM you.

I actually can only speak English, but I'm literate in most Romance languages and can conduct very, very simple conversations in the language of pretty much every country I've ever been to, except Canada. Can't understand a goddamn word they say.

LOL Hey not all of us Canadians talk like the people in the movie Fargo. LOL

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2005-08-19, 18:56
Something_Wicked
Senior Metalhead

I pretty much have to agree with h4x5k8 that all they really do is sound like some crappy hardcore band, which makes me sad cause I really respected Alexi for a long time...but it seems like Hardcore music is the new trend these days....wearing your sisters clothes and punching the air... I thought the same thing when I heard he new Dissection stuff, Me and Corpesvomit both sort of looked at each other and started crying...I mean they went from kickass songs like "Where Dead Angles Lie" "Frozen" or "The Crimson Tower" to just crappy ass blast beats and simple repititions of power chords.....makes me cry on the inside....then I pop in MACABRE and its alll good again

I HATE RABBIFOODSLICER

Old 2005-08-20, 00:31
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Hmm just listened to it. At first I was like "urhh this is ridiculous" but it sorta grew on me after awhile. That god for that guitar solo.

I think it is a terrible song to cover though. If they were to cover a shitty song perhaps that new Kelly Clarkson song?..I don't know from what I heard the lyrics would be more in their style.

Old 2005-08-20, 20:36
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

WOW.... i just listened to it also....

GARBAGE!!!!
That is the most wretched sounding waste of my time ever.

On the other hand, If you want peace Prepare for war sounded amazing!!!! Is that one off the new disc? Im too lazy to go find out....

Old 2005-08-20, 20:51
Transient
HES BAAACK

yes its a new one

Old 2005-08-20, 23:48
Alex
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
i hope it not as bad as megadeths covers.

Dude you cant mess with "No more Mr. Nice Guy"

Old 2005-08-21, 04:46
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Dude you cant mess with "No more Mr. Nice Guy"

Yeah man. Even Paranoid was pretty good as well. LOL oh man I just though...what if Megadeth did a Slayer cover. LOL

To get back to the COB song....the only part I really hate in it is the talking in the middle. I think the last refrain is done pretty good with the double kicks and solo and all.

Old 2005-08-21, 20:11
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

well i just pissed my pants and then screamed really loud...and right now i cant think of what to say...funny...yes different...yes but mostly....WHHAT THE FUKCEKRIIEFL!!!#U*#$

Old 2005-08-25, 09:08
sanderinos
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Alexi's vocals have always been bad.

I'm with you on that one buddy

Old 2005-08-25, 23:29
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

they are terrible, especially when he tries real hard to "sing" clean stuff.

Old 2005-08-26, 00:47
estringrev
Supreme Metalhead

Get set, ready to go, so then when do we wanna go
Well you talk tough, a real motherfucker would go to the beach of murder

I think that summarizes what bodom has become.

Old 2005-08-26, 02:11
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

bodom have changed since the lastest album....alexi is now an alchoolic and Alexander Kuoppala has left the band

Quote:

Old 2005-08-26, 02:23
Transient
HES BAAACK

theyve always been alcoholics

Old 2005-08-26, 02:31
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

a real big alchoolic like now?!?!...i dont think lolll

Look that!! i laughed a lot when i've see that

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/baube/laiho2.jpg

Quote:

Old 2005-08-26, 02:33
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah

well, hes finnish....they have a problem with drinking. most scandinavian people do actually

that doesnt excuse it either, i hope he pulls his act together

Old 2005-08-26, 02:58
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
a real big alchoolic like now?!?!...i dont think lolll

Look that!! i laughed a lot when i've see that

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/baube/laiho2.jpg

Haha, he looks like a hooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-27, 22:51
Tortiss
New Blood

I think you guys should calm down...You can tell Alexi isnt trying very hard as far as vocals. I mean listen to it. Alexi probly had to tone it down a little bit, I mean amagine if Alexi sang this song like he sang on HateBreeder...The song would probly sound alot different, maybe even worse. Frankly I thought this was a joke...Unlike alot of Death Metal bands, Bodom has a sense of humor, which really sets the apart from the genre.

If the rest of the CD sounds like that...Big thumbs down for Bodom...

Old 2006-03-16, 01:22
shred_head45
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Eternal
COB covered Britney Spears song "Oops I Did It Again". It's on the new album apparently. I wanna know has anyone heard it and what does it sound like?

yeah I heard it (sorry if im off topic at all or anything) it sounds pretty crazy, they put their own kick to it. I think its pretty cool they did that, stirred things up a little. I hate pricky fans that get pissed off when a band they like does something out of the ordinary like that. If they were a real fan wouldnt they support the band anyways? fuck.

CoB fucking rule!

Old 2006-03-16, 01:29
Defiant Mind
Senior Metalhead

You might not be off-topic but you surely are in an old thread ..
I don't like the song.

Old 2006-03-16, 02:15
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Old News. Was funny three months ago.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-03-16, 23:16
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred_head45
If they were a real fan wouldnt they support the band anyways? fuck.

CoB fucking rule!

fuck no, you think the people who hate new metallica never were "real fans". thats a dumb thing to state. and yeah, CoB ruled. they dont take themselves seriously anymore, and they have changed way too much for my liking. Follow the reaper was their last true effort, though i do find some parts on Hatecrew to be agreeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant Mind
You might not be off-topic but you surely are in an old thread ..
I don't like the song.

whats worse bringing back this thread, or starting a new one this topic.

Old 2006-03-17, 05:19
HYPOCRISY 666
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
they might as well be covering nintendo songs

the reasons i love bodom are the same reasons people list for hating them

they have some cool leads but i would like for them to cover contra or mike tysons punch out lol

Old 2006-03-17, 19:11
JOAMdude
Post-whore

Bad name

I like COB... most of the tiime, but their giving metal a bad name by saying that they are a metal band covering a brtiney spears song. Putting a teenpop song on a metal album is like saying anything can be metal as long as it's distorted and fast. Which is completely not true. Metal has to be aggressive enough to rip your face off AND beautiful all in one.

Old 2006-03-17, 22:27
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Shut up.