Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 2005-07-08, 17:40
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

An idea for pending tabs

I noticed pending tabs getting pretty far backed up sometimes (I understand Alex, there are more important things than constantly goofing around an internet forum that one needs to be doing) and I had an idea.

Could you give the Chris/Father Death the authority to review and archive updated tabs? I figured that it would speed things up a bit and keep everyone happier, and making your job shorter as well.

Just a thought...
Old 2005-07-08, 17:54
HES BAAACK

yeah, ive wondered over this myself. but nomad probably wants 100% of control over the archiving business, just for the sake of security and his piece of mind when it comes to whats being posted, not as an offense to chris or father death, just as a protective daddy feels
Old 2005-07-08, 22:09
Life is pain.
Banned

THE WAIT IS TOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Old 2005-07-09, 08:50
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
THE WAIT IS TOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Hahaha

My thoughts exactly... sometimes they do get updated every day for a week though.
Old 2005-07-09, 15:58
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
yeah, I don`t think there has been any new archived tabs in over a week now. But i guess he probably has a life......
Old 2005-07-09, 18:43
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Nomad is currently in the process of moving to another country, so needless to say everything but this site is an important matter for him right now.

just less than a year ago Nomad was 1-2 months behind archiving tabs almost constantly, and that lasted for several years. you have all been spoiled w/his archiving within a few days trick he's been pulling for a few months now, so there is no reason to get your panties in a twist people. all will be settled in time, and that is all we can ever ask really...PATIENCE!!

as Transient said, this is Nomads baby, so He and only He will ever be archiving, until the day comes he gives control of this site to someone else.
Old 2005-07-10, 08:39
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
Nomad is currently in the process of moving to another country, so needless to say everything but this site is an important matter for him right now.

Yea, I kinda made that evident in my post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
as Transient said, this is Nomads baby, so He and only He will ever be archiving, until the day comes he gives control of this site to someone else.

Yea, I kinda figured that to be the answer, just thought I should bring it up.
Old 2005-07-10, 09:04
Life is pain.
Banned

Bullshit, without us there would be no site, he should do something about congestion, even if there is like after a fortnight all tabs get automatically submitted if they havn't been locked by the mods, anything.
Old 2005-07-10, 09:16
Life is pain.
Banned

You guys should stop talking for Nomad and let him make his own decisions.

"Hey, I've found a way that world peace can work where everyone can live in paridise and eternal pleasure, everyone would love it, Everyone would be rich, I swear to god, it's faultless!"

"No, nope, we can't have that, Nomad wouldn't want that, because it's not in his interests, he's a misanthrope, he wouldn't want that."

"Awt, damn, looks like the rest of us have to suffer."

I've got nothing against Nomad, he's granted all my requests and done what I've asked, he's great, but I've said it before, it's because of him the site is here, it's because of us the site is a success and is fun to be at, and it's because of us that the site lasted longer than a few months.
Old 2005-07-10, 10:10
HES BAAACK

nomads a great guy but he has little to do with these forums. i dont think he gives a shit about us, and essentially just checks in on us every now and then. the archiving back logs a bit puzzling, but at least all the tabs are being archived. its not like hes sloppy about it
Old 2005-07-10, 12:57
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
i dont think he gives a shit about us, and essentially just checks in on us every now and then.

Old 2005-07-10, 14:55
HES BAAACK

his concern is what most people that come to metaltabs see. he doesnt care about the forums, just the main site itself. the forums a pretty elitist area, only about 50 regular members id say. and we take care of ourselves, so he doesnt bother to come in here much
Old 2005-07-10, 15:52
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to humancorpse Send a message via MSN to humancorpse
Well said
Old 2005-07-10, 20:12
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I don't really see the problem. Everybody here whining knows the Pending Tabs forum exists, and it's no less a tab if you get it there.

If it's a matter of getting your own tabs archived, well, you can try shutting the fuck up. It's pretty effective, in my experience.

Anyway, I'm sure Alex'll get around to it when he has the time. Considering that this is something he pays money to do in his spare time, it's not that much to ask that you be patient. And I doubt he chooses to update infrequently; it's just the way life is. Your life's the same way. I mean, it would be if you weren't a co-dependant netizen.
Old 2005-07-10, 21:05
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I don't really see the problem. Everybody here whining knows the Pending Tabs forum exists, and it's no less a tab if you get it there.

If it's a matter of getting your own tabs archived, well, you can try shutting the fuck up. It's pretty effective, in my experience.

Anyway, I'm sure Alex'll get around to it when he has the time. Considering that this is something he pays money to do in his spare time, it's not that much to ask that you be patient. And I doubt he chooses to update infrequently; it's just the way life is. Your life's the same way. I mean, it would be if you weren't a co-dependant netizen.

a helpful suggestion, not whining. oh, to be as perfect as you
Old 2005-07-10, 21:38
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Chilling out about unimportant shit's the easiest thing in the world, Tranny. There's no reason to stress out over minor annoyances like how long it takes an internet tab to be moved from one part of the site to another. If not having so much invested in a website that I can let tab archiving bead up and slide off me looks like perfection to you, then sure, I guess I'm perfect.

But thanks for your awesome sarcasm. I laughed so hard I plotzed. Plotzed.
Old 2005-07-10, 21:52
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
I wish Nomad were here right now to lock this worthless thread. Seriously, I don't think I've ever been more annoyed by whining on here than I am now.

Honestly, Steve, this isn't actually a bad suggestion, but it can't happen the way the site is run. Even if it could happen, Alex would want to take care of that himself, so it wouldn't.

To answer your unnecessary question, Infinity, we are "talking for Nomad" instead of allowing him to do it because we talk with him on a regular basis regarding the site and forum and how it runs as well as the fact that Alex is busy right now moving to a different continent. Excuse we browbeating mods for happening to understand things that you aren't in a position to know and then having the audacity to explain those things when asked by other members who aren't even you. Don't be angry with us because the answer isn't what you would like it to be, we didn't make it that way.

It's not as if we are bullying Alex into making these decisions- he makes all the decisions, we are simply relaying the fact that the proposed scenario wouldn't work considering the way the site is built. It's really as simple as that, it's nothing to get excited over- just sit back, relax, have something to drink, maybe some chips, and wait for Nomad to archive the tabs when his life isn't quite as hectic as it is right now.
Old 2005-07-10, 21:59
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Chilling out about unimportant shit's the easiest thing in the world, Tranny. There's no reason to stress out over minor annoyances like how long it takes an internet tab to be moved from one part of the site to another. If not having so much invested in a website that I can let tab archiving bead up and slide off me looks like perfection to you, then sure, I guess I'm perfect.

But thanks for your awesome sarcasm. I laughed so hard I plotzed. Plotzed.

thanks for pointing me out, but i didnt actually bitch about how long it takes for tabs to be archived. i have a whopping total of 3 tabs anyways, so its not a problem i run into
Old 2005-07-10, 22:05
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I was defending what I said, not directing that to you in particular. The entire gist of my first post was directed at Infinity and anybody who complains about the time it takes to archive tabs. I really don't understand a nihilist who claims nothing matters bitching about how his needs aren't being met by somebody over the internet. I didn't have a problem with anything you said in here until you directed something at me. Had I, I would've singled you out beforehand.
Old 2005-07-10, 22:16
Life is pain.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes

To answer your unnecessary question, Infinity, we are "talking for Nomad" instead of allowing him to do it because we talk with him on a regular basis regarding the site and forum and how it runs as well as the fact that Alex is busy right now moving to a different continent. Excuse we browbeating mods for happening to understand things that you aren't in a position to know and then having the audacity to explain those things when asked by other members who aren't even you. Don't be angry with us because the answer isn't what you would like it to be, we didn't make it that way.

Haha, the way you worded that is pretty funny.

So, what part are you telling me I didn't fully understand?