MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2005-07-16, 18:38
Pirate Lawd

I could practically give it away on Ebay for $200. Hell I'll even throw in a speaker cable. I know they could have easily got $400 out of both the Amp and the cab.
Old 2005-07-17, 03:54
El Diablo sin pantalones

Send a message via MSN to brainsforbreakfast
$50 for your gear? Daaaaiiim.. I would take that as a personal insult!
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
Old 2005-07-17, 12:33
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

fuck selling gear to guitar center.

i had something like that happen. i have about a dozen friends that work at guitar center so i asked one of them what i could get from them for my jmp-1. expecting it to be a really low ball price. he told me $350... i was like "whaa?". thats what i wanted for it. so i brought it in... about to make the deal. then the boss talked to him an demanded he swing me down to $300. i was like "i'm over it" took my jmp-1 home and sold it to some bro in canada for $400 usd + shipping.
Old 2005-07-20, 18:06
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

the Gmajor is awsum

I think for multi efx the Gmajor is terrific, great delays , pretty good flange chorus , phase shifting , reverb, compression , noise gate etc.
Its a nice unit but id recommend you get a good ground controler like a GCX or a behringer , If you got the Bucks I hear the G-Force is very cool even better I hear the G system, The only drawback and it aint no big deal is there are no distortion efx on the G major , Its reasonable about $499 ,TC puts out good shit I think
Old 2005-07-20, 18:12
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

guitar Center Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
fuck selling gear to guitar center.

i had something like that happen. i have about a dozen friends that work at guitar center so i asked one of them what i could get from them for my jmp-1. expecting it to be a really low ball price. he told me $350... i was like "whaa?". thats what i wanted for it. so i brought it in... about to make the deal. then the boss talked to him an demanded he swing me down to $300. i was like "i'm over it" took my jmp-1 home and sold it to some bro in canada for $400 usd + shipping.

I hate going in there half the time the guitars are out of tune the action sucks .They are famous for selling used shit as new, in other words some dude goes in buys a axe , gigs with it and comes back before the end of the 45 day return policy says nahhh I change my mind I wanna refund,
I tried a Boogie a few years back , 2 of the tubes were missing out of the amp , Guitar Center Sucks
Even with Musiciansfiend and Music123 they try to pawn off used shit as new , yeah if its noticably dinged they will knock a few bucks off ,
the only saving grace with any of them is you can tell em you saw it cheaper and they will more often than not come down , within reason and you can buy shit go out and gig and bring it back say sorry dude it sucks lol I wanna refund
Old 2005-07-20, 20:43
Pirate Lawd

Well, I have finally got Guitar Center to go down to $300 on the GT-8 and also give me $220 for the Crate half stack. I put $30 cash on it to put on lay-away so no one else gets before Friday. Then it will be all mine.
Old 2005-07-21, 05:08
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Well, I have finally got Guitar Center to go down to $300 on the GT-8 and also give me $220 for the Crate half stack. I put $30 cash on it to put on lay-away so no one else gets before Friday. Then it will be all mine.

Maybe not the best deal to be had, but at least you got the gear you want. Welcome to the GT family
Btw, check out www.bossgtcentral.com if you have any questions or something, they have loads of great tips and stuff
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-07-21, 06:09
Pirate Lawd

Hell Yeah! Great site man thanks

I still can't believe how unreal the GT-8 are and must admit that I was very unsure of this thing at first. It really is the best multieffect pedal I have ever seen. Nothing else like it really.
Old 2005-07-21, 06:21
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Hell Yeah! Great site man thanks

I still can't believe how unreal the GT-8 are and must admit that I was very unsure of this thing at first. It really is the best multieffect pedal I have ever seen. Nothing else like it really.

Oh, and be sure to checkout teejay's instructional dvd, he is a regular there, and he made a dvd for the gt-6, and now i believe also the gt-8.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-07-23, 01:22
Senior Metalhead

I never really found the whole multi-effect deal that appealing...or pedals at all really...i thought they were interesting...but lost their appeal after about five minutes...i can barely deal with what i have...(tube screamer and a morley wah)...
Old 2005-07-23, 05:12
El Diablo sin pantalones

Well, some people like their rig raw and basic, while others like to experiment with different sounds.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-07-23, 13:02
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
Well, some people like their rig raw and basic, while others like to experiment with different sounds.

i go through phases... i'm just using an amp, and a wah... with a noise suppressor, tuner and power conditioner... but since ditching all my pedals and rack shit... sometimes i just feel like it's missing something special.
Old 2005-07-23, 14:35
Senior Metalhead

I like to experiment with different sounds...but right now im trying to figure out what all i can do with just the guitar-cord-amp setup...you would be amazed at things you can come up with...of course...figuring out how exactly you did it is the hard part...
Old 2005-07-23, 18:32
El Diablo sin pantalones

Wel, you can experiment with different sounds and fx, or weird chords, progresions and fingerings. One should try both...
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-07-23, 18:59
Pirate Lawd

I like the GT-8. I don't like multieffects pedals, but I do like the GT-8. It is a lot more flexable then I first thought it would be. My setup is breathing fire now I need to update the solfware but that isn't going to be hard. All I need is a USB to MIDI cable.

I would definately recommend the GT-8 to anyone that needs a effects pedalboard.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-07-23 at 19:05.
Old 2005-07-24, 01:12
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
Wel, you can experiment with different sounds and fx, or weird chords, progresions and fingerings. One should try both...

Ill try fx...im just slow to figure out whats so good about stuff...remember...im the guy who doesnt understand "growling"...
Old 2005-07-24, 04:19
El Diablo sin pantalones

Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-07-29, 04:27
New Blood

This response is for most of the posts, It all depends on the persons tastes & the amount of money you want to spend. You can get a good sound out of most cheaper multi-effects pedals. I have the Digitech Rp100 & a Boss GE-7 EQ & if you mess with it you can get the sound you desire. Ive had the Rp300 which is twice as expensive & you basiclly get the all the same stuff with the 100. As for dealing with local music stores, Everytime i walk into one it is a joke! Everything is over priced & most salesman are know it all jerkoffs & they will give you next to nothing for your gear but when you walk in a week later youll see your stuff marked up to 3 or 4 times what you got for it on trade. Im glad there is such a thing called the internet so i dont have to deal with the local music stores any longer.
Old 2005-07-29, 10:40
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic_Cannibal
Everything is over priced & most salesman are know it all jerkoffs & they will give you next to nothing for your gear but when you walk in a week later youll see your stuff marked up to 3 or 4 times what you got for it on trade. Im glad there is such a thing called the internet so i dont have to deal with the local music stores any longer.

Yeah, they tried to stiff me on my trade in at first but I kept at them for a week about it and they finally gave me a decent deal. I ended up getting the GT-8 for $280 tax included and they gave me $220 for my Crate GFX half stack ( which was a good deal because they sell for about that on Ebay ). The GT-8 could fetch $350+ on ebay this week. I'm pretty sure I got a great deal, but it did take time.

I like the GT-8 most of all because I can place different effects before and after my preamp and switch the actual amp channel with just one stomp. I don't know of any other multi effect pedal that can do that. Plus it has a ton of other fuctions that I'm still learning how to use. MIDI rack gear could do it but that would cost a lot more. The only draw back is I got like 30 cables running between the amp and GT-8

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2005-07-29 at 10:42.
Old 2005-07-29, 10:48
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
Quote:
The only draw back is I got like 30 cables running between the amp and GT-8

Haha! I can see that...

how is the GFX head? I was looking at GX (the same one, no effects) but wasn't sure about it.

Awesome.