MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2005-06-28, 02:04
Post-whore

I don't know the settings since I have it at my friends house. It was in the ultra channel.
Old 2005-07-09, 18:26
Metalhead

I meant to post this sooner but I was waiting on my Mic Preamp to come in to start recording with. This is another sample of a what a triple XXX can sound like. Just a note though, this is with beheringer cabs (which holds back this head a good amount sadly) and and the guitar is double tracked.

www.electrichex.com/sample2.zip
Old 2005-07-09, 18:40
Post-whore

oh lord....
Old 2005-07-09, 18:45
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
oh lord....

?

I didnt see you were online I really liked your clip by the way the drums sounded awesome was it a drum machine or a person? If it as a drum machine what kind was it?
Old 2005-07-09, 22:25
Post-whore

it was a drum program called drumkit from hell.
Old 2005-07-09, 22:55
Metalhead

Cool thanks for the heads up. Im using a cheapie drum machine a Zoom MRT-3b and it's taught me about sequencing and things but it's not very diverse when it comes to the actual kits. I just cant find a kick/snare combo that sounds very good to me but the kick drum on your clip is awesome. Ill have to see if I can check it out sometime.
Old 2005-07-14, 17:30
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

Line 6 Amps suck

Ive had the line6 Flextone it blew I have a XXX and Ive played the Satriani head as well as the 5150 5150II or 6550 ,
Ill be honest get a Marshall ,The peavey triple XXX is 100times better the line 6 and the satriani I think is even better , I didnt care for the 5150s or 6550
And I think marshalls are even better than the Peaveys , think of how many top pros use Marshall , They use it for a reason , they kick ass .
I got a DSL 100 kicks metal ass
Old 2005-07-15, 12:43
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguitar
Ive had the line6 Flextone it blew I have a XXX and Ive played the Satriani head as well as the 5150 5150II or 6550 ,
Ill be honest get a Marshall ,The peavey triple XXX is 100times better the line 6 and the satriani I think is even better , I didnt care for the 5150s or 6550
And I think marshalls are even better than the Peaveys , think of how many top pros use Marshall , They use it for a reason , they kick ass .
I got a DSL 100 kicks metal ass

think of all the pros that also use peavey. if you're in the metal/hardcore scene and you go to a show... the peavey to marshall ratio will make you eat your words.

they're called endorsements. anyband that is REALLY BIG, probably has one.

give me a 5150 or 5150 II over a dsl or tsl any day of the week.
if you want to talk sound quality, it's subjective.
if you want to talk build quality, mass produced marshalls like the jcm 2000's are probably at the same level as the peaveys.
if you want to talk price, peavey is reasonably priced, marshall is not.

if you want to play a real line 6, try the hd147, or the vetta, or a pod xt....

judging line 6 by the spiders and flextones is like judging marshall on the mg's and avts.
Old 2005-07-16, 18:18
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

leave the line6

line6 amps suck , peavey is cool the JSX is better than the XXX INHO , I have the XXX and Ive played the JSX , Ive played the 5150 6550 , The JSX is the best peavey , But a Marshal DSL is still better yet
line6 makes good modeling pedals but crud amps even the overpriced vetta blows
Old 2005-07-16, 18:23
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

most metal guitarists suck

I hate to say it most arent very good , give me zakk , give me slash , priest maiden UFO , schenker , to name a few
tell me can you even name half the guitarists in most metal bands , I can tell you the guitar players in mercyful fate , saxon , Scorpions , etc
Look I have a XXX , its cool amp , but its limited , the JSX is a better amp that one Id use quicker
Old 2005-07-16, 21:56
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
line6 amps suck , peavey is cool the JSX is better than the XXX INHO , I have the XXX and Ive played the JSX , Ive played the 5150 6550 , The JSX is the best peavey , But a Marshal DSL is still better yet
line6 makes good modeling pedals but crud amps even the overpriced vetta blows

line 6 doesnt suck, a couple of their amps do....
i'd take a hd147, vetta II or pod rig over alot of tube amps... shit that vetta II that "blows", i'd rather have than a marshall dsl.

no the jsx is not "the best peavey". it's all a matter of opinion. my favorite peavey is the 5150 II...

and no the dsl is not "better". once again it's all subjective. i like the jsx, xxx, and 5150's all better than the dsl.

trust me, i've probably played more amps than you've heard of. i know my shit. don't come around here acting like your opinion is fact, we don't by that shit.
Old 2005-07-16, 21:58
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
tell me can you even name half the guitarists in most metal bands , I can tell you the guitar players in mercyful fate , saxon , Scorpions , etc

what the fuck are you talking about now?
if you're implying marshall is the #1 most used amp in metal, you'd be very wrong.
Old 2005-07-17, 15:44
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

dont get personal

what are you some metal god in waiting , Ive played them all soldano , bogner , mesa , marshall , the only amp I havent played and Im dying to is a Krankenstein , And as far as guitars I own 20 and ive played almost every brand
Whats your claim , Nobody I know , whose a real guitarist not a tune to Z and play 1 finger chords with no solos would play a line 6 live its just not cutting thru , people use Marshall for reason , and believe me Im not a marshall zombie , I own the XXX its decent , The JSX I think is better the 5150 are 2 muddy for me as well as mesa dual and triples ,believe me ive been looking for the holy grail of amps too.
So if you want to play live with your line 6 feel free
Old 2005-07-17, 17:03
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
YEGTH1!1

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-07-17, 17:07
Crusher of Skulls

Send a message via AIM to philkilla Send a message via MSN to philkilla Send a message via Yahoo to philkilla
Quote:
what are you some metal god in waiting , Ive played them all soldano , bogner , mesa , marshall , the only amp I havent played and Im dying to is a Krankenstein , And as far as guitars I own 20 and ive played almost every brand
Whats your claim , Nobody I know , whose a real guitarist not a tune to Z and play 1 finger chords with no solos would play a line 6 live its just not cutting thru , people use Marshall for reason , and believe me Im not a marshall zombie , I own the XXX its decent , The JSX I think is better the 5150 are 2 muddy for me as well as mesa dual and triples ,believe me ive been looking for the holy grail of amps too.
So if you want to play live with your line 6 feel free

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
Old 2005-07-17, 17:09
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Suffocation uses XXX's.

Yes they can do death metal.
Old 2005-07-17, 19:49
Supreme Metalhead
Banned

whats the real pros use

whats maiden , UFO , Schenker , priest , zep , hendrix, saxon , slash megadeth , zakk among others use MARSHALL,
Im not a Marshall zombie matter of fact I use to hate em , but since I got my DSL , Im sold , Pros use em because theyre quality, Suffocation no disrespect is not headlining any big arenas any time soon, Look its all what you think is your tone , peace out
barry
Old 2005-07-17, 19:59
Banned

Quote:
Suffocation no disrespect is not headlining any big arenas any time soon, Look its all what you think is your tone , peace out
barry

Yeah, that's right, only losers use Peavey

For me, 5150 > Any Marshall head
Old 2005-07-17, 20:02
Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Local_Hero
Quote:
whats maiden , UFO , Schenker , priest , zep , hendrix, saxon , slash megadeth , zakk among others use MARSHALL,
Im not a Marshall zombie matter of fact I use to hate em , but since I got my DSL , Im sold , Pros use em because theyre quality, Suffocation no disrespect is not headlining any big arenas any time soon, Look its all what you think is your tone , peace out
barry

Last time I heard such an analogy was an idiot saying that Linkin Park is good because a lot of people listen to them.

They use it because they like the tone, what does that prove, except that they like it?
Old 2005-07-17, 20:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local_Hero
Last time I heard such an analogy was an idiot saying that Linkin Park is good because a lot of people listen to them.

They use it because they like the tone, what does that prove, except that they like it?

Hey, mushroom boy, you heard the man ... Suffocation does not headline arena tours, end of discussion!

Last edited by John Holland : 2005-07-17 at 20:11.