Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I am envious of Kylito's live experiences
Old 2005-06-05, 19:45
Post-whore

Dug up from my first thread on this site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
I walk into the underworld, rush straight to the merchandise section get an incantation hoody, the new behemoth album and the t-shirt. Then i run to the stage 'cause Ragnarok already started. FUCKING GOOD! Blasting classic black metal, then came Incantation, who took a while tuning up, (the vocalist/guitarist : "sorry for the delay, my guitar took a shit before the show!") but when it started, fucking hell was it amazing! Brutal death metal, which was played through a BC Rich Mockingbird.

Finally I got what I came for; Behemoth! The crowd went crazy, it started off with "Are there any Christians here" the crowd replies "Christians to the lions!" A couple of people (including myself) went stagediving, it was awesome. I didn't stay for Krisiun because i'm not particularly keen on them, but overall the best gig i've ever been to. (so far)

"Blasting classic black metal" and "brutal death metal"
Old 2005-06-05, 19:47
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
was that the Extreme Steel Tour?? man Morbid Angel was the first band...somehow Scrape and Static-X deserved to be after them...fucking jackasses...this was in Hamilton, ON. anyways me, my bud and two other random dudes sat down on the floor in defiance of what was happening.

Same tour, same bullshit. Morbid Angel was forced to play through a substandard sound system at fairly low volume early in the day and hardly anyone was there. Then Static-X and two other gay bands played. Then somehow Pantera was billed above Slayer which annoyed us even more. Some wannabe nu-metal skinheaded fucks almost started a fight with my friend Dan just because he was saying that Pantera had no business being billed above Slayer. The one cool thing about the Pantera performance was that every time they would trigger the giant flames at the top of the stage set a huge heat wave would rush over us.
Old 2005-06-05, 19:57
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I am envious of Kylito's live experiences

Thanks MTM, but don't be sad. I'm like old and stuff. But allow me to bore you a little more with a short list of some more bands I've seen live when they were hot:

Voivod
Celtic Frost
Obituary
Vio-lence
Forbidden
Carcass
Sacrifice
Exodus
Sadus
Fates Warning
Sanctuary
Racer X
Kreator

Old 2005-06-06, 10:15
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Thanks MTM, but don't be sad. I'm like old and stuff. But allow me to bore you a little more with a short list of some more bands I've seen live when they were hot:

Voivod
Celtic Frost
Obituary
Vio-lence
Forbidden
Carcass
Sacrifice
Exodus
Sadus
Fates Warning
Sanctuary
Racer X
Kreator

Goddamn you son of a bitch,you've even seen Forbidden?!?!?!

Last edited by LordofStorms : 2005-06-06 at 11:29.
Old 2005-06-06, 22:42
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
Goddamn you son of a bitch,you've even seen Forbidden?!?!?!

Twice. They opened for Testament on I believe The New Order tour. The lead guitarist for Forbidden AND Alex Skolnick both did twenty minute guitar solos that night. It was close to Christmas and the singer for Forbidden was wearing a Santa hat (he's a large individual and very funny). Skolnick's solo included some unbelievable volume knob tricks and some weird double picking thing that I had never heard before and have never heard him do on an album. It really pisses me off because I can't describe it other than to say it was awesome...

I think the other time I saw them might have been with Exodus but I'm not sure.

Just keep going to shows all the time and someday someone will be like "OMG!! You saw Assclown before they were killed by religious extremists????" I'm always jealous of my older friends that saw Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Floyd back in the day. If I met someone who had seen Hendrix I would probably punch them in a rage of jealousy.

The best band I've ever seen live that I've never seen any recorded material of was called "Clownhouse". These guys had some of the best heavy riffs I've ever heard anywhere...
Old 2005-06-07, 19:59
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Quote:
The one cool thing about the Pantera performance was that every time they would trigger the giant flames at the top of the stage set a huge heat wave would rush over us.

i found that pretty funny since in one of the Pantera Videos Phil want on and on about how they don't use pyro and special effects, therefor making them better than all those other bands that use it...meanwhile KISS is one of his favourite bands...
Old 2005-06-07, 20:05
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:

Vio-lence
Forbidden
Exodus
Sadus
Kreator

argh

I am generationally-challenged
Old 2005-06-07, 23:18
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Death
i found that pretty funny since in one of the Pantera Videos Phil want on and on about how they don't use pyro and special effects, therefor making them better than all those other bands that use it...meanwhile KISS is one of his favourite bands...

Yeah, these guys say stupid shit just like the rest of I suppose. I do have to give Phil props because he sound checked Morbid Angel's guitars and played Raining Blood. He also came out and sang on one of the Morbid Angel songs and I understand he had got them on the tour in the first place. The most ironic thing was that the bassist from Static X often cites Morbid Angel as a huge influence on him and yet they were billed over them.
Old 2005-07-08, 00:59
Post-whore

i saw Bucket Truck, Dammage Plan and Slayer at the Harbour Station in Saint John, NB, it was awsome, but this was when i didnt know anything...

there was another Newfie-Land band... they sucked...

Bucket Truck sucked major ass...

Dammage Plan came out and i though they were Slayer and the lead singer was Kerry King! (he was bald aswell)

I remember Dammage Plan doing a cover of Walk and Slayer playing Angel of Death, South of Heaven and i think Mind Control... there was alot more but thats all i remember... i was right infront of Jeff in a mosh and all i could think of was "wow is his hair cool or what?" i was also steped on by a really fat guy too...

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-07-08, 10:48
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
you must be tiny and whiny then
Old 2005-07-08, 11:25
HES BAAACK

correct and correct :P

good to see this thread get some action though
Old 2005-07-08, 12:20
Senior Metalhead

Some of the best shows ever for me :

Bloodletting North America 2003 : Lexiviat (local), Spawn of Possession, Severed Savior, Pyaemia, Gorgasm... awesome show, tightest bands ever (except for that Gorgasm drummer who kept having trouble keeping his double kick in time). We were only about 40-50 metalheads at the gig, I don't know why. Greatest sound ever in a show (due to the small size of the place maybe). Best moment of the show : every solo played by SOP's guitarist Karlsson, or Severed Savior covering "Funeral Inception" by Suffo.

Iron Maiden in 2004 for the "Give me Ed till I'm Dead" tour : Dio opened, followed by Motorhead. I hated Dio, but I enjoyed Motorhead mainly because of the harley-old-schoolers crowd standing in the pit like they were Lemmy's bodyguards or something, pushing away Dio's fans. That was hilarious. Like 90% of the crowd, I only knew "Ace of Spades". Maiden were absolutely amazing, played a lot of old songs instead of just the "Brave New World" hits. My ears kept ringing for a week after that huge gig (Centre Bell is the place where Celine Dion and U2 usually play when they come to Montreal, so you can imagine how loud would Maiden be).

Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Despised Icon and some other NYC death metal band in 2004 : Great, great show. Not much to say about it, except that Dying Fetus singer wasn't there, so J. Gallagher had to fill alone all the vocal parts, + play guitar/solos, which he managed to do very well I must say. Suffo were incredible. Maybe the best act ever. Their sound was HUGE, yet so tight, I don't know how they do it.

Cryptopsy + Cephalic Carnage + The End + Bloodshoteye : I didn't want to see the first two acts, which I thought would be boring. So I got drunk with friends in a park, and we got into the show the minute Cephalic started its set : one of the best live acts ever, I've never seen musicians playing so tight while jumping around and headbanging in such a strange and difficult way. And their drummer... I was speechless. After Cephalic, there was this whole Lord Worm weird theatrical show for his comeback (LW arrived on the stage in a casket carried by white-painted-face people) which was funny as shit, especially as drunk as I was. They played the whole None So Vile album, which was great, although the Worm seemed to need a bit of practice for the long screams. But Levasseur's solos and Flo's drumming were still incredible, needless to say.

Also, I've seen that Underground Deathfest 2004, with Deeds of Flesh, Mortal Decay, Gorgasm, Infernal Majesty and Dead Jesus. I was fucking pissed because Gorgasm couldn't make it to the show, but that Dead Jesus' guy, who kept eating bibles lighted on fire and punching himself in the face until he bled, was so funny that I started liking the show. And then, Mortal Decay was absolutely amazing. Deeds of Flesh, I don't know... I had already seen them once and they're not, in my opinion, really entertaining live.

Other shows I've seen : Children of Bodom, twice, and a lot - A LOT - of small local acts, which probably no one here know of. Oh, and also, in 2001 or 2002, Martyr + Neuraxis + Cryptopsy together in the same show. Montreal is such a great place...
Old 2005-07-08, 15:16
HES BAAACK

youve seen some amazing shows, spirit. im jealous
Old 2005-07-14, 13:47
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
You saw Spawn of Possession, you fucking bastard. I sadly missed that show, I didnt find out they were playing near me till 3 days after the show was over. Everyone who has seen them always asks me if I saw them since I have a SoP hoody and it is always rubbed into my face about how amazing they are live.
Comforting silence
Old 2006-04-08, 16:41
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Holy shit, Krisiun was awesome last night, I like them a whole lot more now. I was right in fornt of the guitar player, and man that bastard can play alot better than I ever thought he could. The vocalist from Morbid Angel was gay and a half, he was wearing this gay leather vest and huge platform studded boots. Trey played very well though, as did Sandoval (who is getting reeeeally fucking skinny. He's starting to look like Mick Mars). Behemoth was awful, their vocalist came out with a slipknot mask on and a big trench coat as well. He was getting heckled by two dudes saying "return that shit to hot topic!" and things of that nature. It was a 2 hour drive to Poughkeepsie but it was woth it to see Morbid Angel and Krisiun.
Old 2006-04-08, 16:52
HES BAAACK

bahaha i told you they have stage masks! did krisiun play house of god?
WE IN DA HOUSSEE
OFFFFF GODDDDDDDD

and did you get me a shirt?
Old 2006-04-08, 17:09
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Ahh fuck I don't know if they played that. And sorry, the only shirt they had with an eagle on it had a big american flag in the background and it just looked gay, so I decided not to get one :/

There were also 2 hot metal chicks (one looked pretty Greek and one looked French) and one fat one moshing, so that was pretty damn cool (the hot ones were, anyways). There was also this one 25 year old bodybuilder that I talked to. He came in looking like he wanted to start a fight, but he seemed like a pretty nice guy when I talked to him, and when he was talking to people. He threw my ass around pretty good, and I his, haha. We talked about lifting a bit too, he said that my shoulders looked pretty wide and my arms look decent, but he said to give it a few more years and wait until I get a little older before I worry about building a ton of mass. Fun times in Poughkeepsie.
Old 2006-04-08, 17:12
HES BAAACK

yeah that sounds pretty gay. i need shirts that fit though damnit!

how is the venue itself? and the drive up? and did you get the morbid angel tour shirt with the domination cover art
Old 2006-04-17, 22:34
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to ...And Then You Die
Umm Slayer/Hatebreed: first show. Pretty fun but i was intimidated as hell considering i was a 14 year old who barely started puberty.
in nyc

Deicide/Skinless/Despised Icon/With Passion
IN PHILLY. immolation didnt show up because they were at maryland deathfest which sucked. Skinless was awesome. Deicide and Despised Icon were pretty fuckin good and With Passion kinda blew (waaaay too much distortion and fuzzz... you couldnt hear the music)

For skinless's set they brought out this really hot babe in a box mover all tied up and jason keyser (the singer) felt up her tits it was funny.

Obituary/Napalm Death/Dead To Fall (+ local bands)
Dead to Fall kicked ass. Napalm Death's set was INTENSE as fuck. Obituary were really good but they were like the 8th band up and I was EXHAUSTED by the time they got on stage so i didnt enjoy it as much as i could have.
I saw Danny Lilker (bassist for SOD, Nuclear Assault and Brutal Truth) in the audience... didnt get to meet him tho...

R.A.M.B.O./Municipal Waste/Caustic Christ
All three bands FUCKING TORE THE PLACE DOWN. Best concert yet. So much fan. Stagediving was fun as hell. It was RAMBO's singers last show so they made it extra special. People brought cardboard costumes. They has two guys in a huge cardboard tank... they gave my friend rob a cardboard jesus constume, there were wizard costumes, knight costumes and within 30 seconds of their set all the constumes were ripped to shreds in the pit. while in the circle pit i found a fake realistic looking head it was sweet. good show