MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2005-06-06, 10:18
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I agree that the ones you hear most about are the ones that push themselves. Actions speak louder than words and if you're condemning your neighbor instead of treating them as you'd like to be treated you're only going to make people feel like they don't want any part of what you stand for.

I got so tired of telling Jehovah's Witnesses no, no, no when they'd come to the door so one day I told a couple that I'd be open to do a little studying with them just to see what they were all about. I told them I would not go to their church, but about 5 or 6 of us got together to read and discuss. After several get togethers I asked the group if they felt each passage was exactly what it said or if the interpretations could be different for different people. This particular group said there was only one meaning. That was the clincher for me. I do not and probably will never believe that. That was the last meeting I had with them. We parting on friendly terms, but I could now say when I was approached that I believed in the same God and wanted peace for the world, but disagreed with their beliefs. I had also compared my own Bibles to theirs and didn't like some of the changes in theirs. I'm a book lover and it could be tattered and worn ready to be pitched in the trash, but I'd keep it. However I threw away that Bible.

My reason for asking them that specific question was because I've always felt that in different stages of life and experience a passage may mean something entirely different. For instance the Song of Solomon. If I'd read that as a person having never been in love myself or as an early adolescent I could read it and understand the words, but wouldn't feel the passion of it. Reading it after experiencing wonderful, mature love makes it more relative to things I may feel in my own heart, and I can experience similar feelings that were meant in it. It's like learning something inside and out, but not really understanding it til it's put into practice. The additional knowledge of the craftsmanship of his buildings and gardens make him come even more to life.

My all time favorite chapter out of all of them in the Bible is: http://www.hope.edu/academic/religi...E/1CO/1CO13.HTM . It's referred to as the "Love Chapter." And yeah, I was one of those Jesus Freaks back in the 70's that went to the coffeehouse and hung out. That's about when I discovered it. Although passing out tracts to people on the street wasn't cool to me, I did use to type that up from another Bible I had and leave them at the library and various other places to be found. I gave them to teachers I'd give Christmas cards to sometimes. But anyways that's pretty close to the version I had that spoke to me. Over time it's meant different things to me, but it really has been a guidance to me for a very long time.
Getting back to the JW's comment, in line 11, it proves my point that even in one person things are seen through different eyes depending on the person. I don't think any one particular Bible was right and I think there are errors and a lot of lost things from it. It's the general ideas I utilize and my belief that Jesus walked, talked, and rose from the dead. If someone else doesn't believe that's their perogitive, but I think we can learn from each other.

Holy crap! that was long! Sorry if I bored you.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2005-06-06, 12:48
Post-whore

i was real tired when i posted that,cloaca, and i realize its totally absurd. evangelical christianity is on a huge rise. i was just reading in harpers magazine of megachurch towns out west like colarado springs, the religious right is excersizing its biggest sway on american politics. i think alot of people who believe and participate live in a descending level of doublethink towards scientific and technological progress.

since noone follows the rules strictly on the bible like the ten commandments and stuff i always wondered what they really believe in, think about it. vegans who are straight edge to the point of not even taking an aspirin excersize more of ideological self-control thru thier actions without religious overtones. buddhist swear off all vices and material possessions and its an athiestic religion. its all pretty basic concepts on right and wrong displayed thru your choices,even when it comes to something like what you eat. to be christian doesnt mean anything, they dont actually do anything, the faith and ideas dont translate to anything meaningful thru action beyond attending church and having faith. they might as well set up a hecatomb, slaughter tons of animals and get out the wine for a party like the ancient greeks did,

the only thing i see is how laws are to be written by people like bush, things like the death penalty, underminings of abortion,stem cell and genetic science<unless its genetic modified foods of course> regulating all media. its all bans and restrictions. but those are laws, just to believe a law should be one way or the other doesnt define god, and that always seemed like the high point of christian ideology in america,voting, which i guess qualifies and validates ones religious beliefs nowadys. i write this because jesus was a bum, plain and simple,lived without possessions or a home, hung out with the drunks,the scum, the murders and the hookers in the worst nieghborhoods and he was defined by how he lived,how his ideas translated into actions, how he lived to be the example of morallity. this does not fit with the way christians live at all.

and if anyone here mentions soup kitchens and clothes drives its all a tax write off scam, they make money off it, its not actually charity.
Old 2005-06-06, 14:15
Muffin Ass

^^^ Smartest thing said all week^^^

IMO
Old 2005-06-06, 16:14
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Surley the word is "chode"?

not very nice
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Old 2005-06-06, 16:59
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A prankster God playing practical jokes on all Creation would explain a few things I've had trouble understanding.

Most fundamentalists I've heard claim that dinosaurs still exist in central Africa. Apparently the rationale is that we humans haven't explored that continent so thoroughly as to know, which would be news to me. Unless Africans aren't considered human.
Old 2005-06-06, 17:14
Post-whore

religion sucks.... that is all...

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-06-06, 17:44
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits
religion sucks.... that is all...

ladies and gentlemen, this thread can now be closed
Old 2005-06-06, 23:08
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Surley the word is "chode"?

Since no one else is going to do it, I will...

Old 2005-06-07, 10:29
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Has anyone read the Gnostic gospels? They're what really did religious alienation for me. A good start can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
not very nice

True, not very nice at all. But as far as I can tell, you practice something that is either involved or related to 'magick', spelt with that oh-so-Kvlt '-ick', and to me that means you probably molest farm animals and collect commemorative teaspoons.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2005-06-07, 14:09
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
ladies and gentlemen, this thread can now be closed

You could have just said "Amen."

f_b_s-- That looks pretty interesting. Some of those titles look familiar so I'm real curious if those are what's in my antique Bible. The other one is King James version and it's old, too, but they aren't in there.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2011-03-18, 05:02
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
I once had a religious experience one night after I had been drinking.

I was asleep in my bed. I had a dream where I was standing in the middle of a field on a very cold windy day. One of those days where the wind blows through your hair, and through the grass. I could feel rain in my hair. Leaves were blowing, peppering my face every so often. I began to feel something in the pit of my stomach, almost like an energy was manifesting within me. The feeling got stronger as the minutes passed. It felt like something was bubbling deep within my abdomen, about to explode at any moment. A few more minutes passed and I wasn't able to contain this energy anymore. I felt it leave my body at once, almost like a volcanic eruption. The lower half of my body felt incredibly warm, as though I had just immersed myself in warm water up to my waist. I felt very nurtured by this warmth, and the relief of this supernatural energy leaving my body was a relief like I had ever felt before, as though it had been waiting years to escape me. I felt like I was one with nature, and with the universe.

When I woke up the next morning, I realized that I had forgotten to close my window. There were leaves stuck in my hair and there was diarrhea all over the bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one