MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #41  
Old 2005-06-05, 06:05
Kylito Kylito is offline
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where the slime live...
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
I've just lost every last ounce of respect I had American Christianity.
I just finished a heated conversation with a girl :

Ouch. Reminds me of the time some asshole tried to tell me that carbon dating was a lie. There was a buddhist chick listening in on our argument and she and I were both astounded by the sheer audacity of those who are young, stupid, and christian.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2005-06-05, 14:31
John Holland's Avatar
John Holland John Holland is offline
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Angelskingarden
Posts: 2,395
Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Ouch. Reminds me of the time some asshole tried to tell me that carbon dating was a lie. There was a buddhist chick listening in on our argument and she and I were both astounded by the sheer audacity of those who are young, stupid, and christian.


Yes ... even if they hear from their youth pastor about someone who found a burnt down bush in the middle of the Eastern deserts they will seriously go so far as to say, "MOSES'S BU/rNIING BUSH!!1!1! What more proof do these heathens need? GAH!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2005-06-05, 14:31
John Holland's Avatar
John Holland John Holland is offline
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Angelskingarden
Posts: 2,395
Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Ouch. Reminds me of the time some asshole tried to tell me that carbon dating was a lie. There was a buddhist chick listening in on our argument and she and I were both astounded by the sheer audacity of those who are young, stupid, and christian.


Yes ... even if they hear from their youth pastor about someone who found a burnt down bush in the middle of the Eastern deserts they will seriously go so far as to say, "MOSES'S BURNIING BUSH!!1!1! What more proof do these heathens need? GAH!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2005-06-05, 14:33
BLS's Avatar
BLS BLS is offline
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,705
Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
When I grow up I'm going to be God.
__________________
"Believe the word
I will unlock my door
And pass the cemetery gates"

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2005-06-05, 15:02
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
Aww, I wanted to be God. I'll settle for the Virgin Mary!!

On topic, I don't really care. Desensitisation, as L'BXXX put it. I never cared nor had any respect for religion in the first place. Respect the individual, not the organisation.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2005-06-05, 15:38
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,507
I know this one dude who is a Christian Fumdmentalist so I rarely question him because he can get crazy about religion. They take the Bible very serious. I once asked him what he thought about the finding of Dino bones and why they were not mention in the bible.

He looked me dead in the eye and said that those bones were put there by God to test the faithful and to believe that Dinos actually lived is a sure way to be sent to Hell.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2005-06-05, 15:44
Zionist Zionist is offline
My Ass, Your Face
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,557
Send a message via AIM to Zionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
When I grow up I'm going to be God.


You are god.
__________________
A little section of Requiem's "I finally got laid" posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)


Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2005-06-05, 18:51
the_bleeding's Avatar
the_bleeding the_bleeding is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,816
Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Aww, I wanted to be God. I'll settle for the Virgin Mary!!
.


dont become the virgin mary man... i have plans to have sex with her... virgin this!! ahahaha!

But yeah, relgion isnt neccesarily (sp?) a bad thing. Its underlying statement is pretty good, usually its about how you should be good and treat people nicely and stuff. It puts down some laws to follow

but, if there was no consequence to the law, it would mean nothing. Thus christianity is cunningly made to be unquestionable, and questioning it results in damnation to somewhere not very nice.

Bible bashers are the ones who ruin religion. They are the ones who dont understand that its about the goodness, not about tossing jesus's salad, or testaments of faith, or i am holier than thou attitude. Too many people are too obsessed with following everything the bible says, and not enough with being a good person in life.

Personally, i say fuck all that shit. I was a satanist for two years, and now I'm kinda a chaote... whatever the fuck that is. I know what is right and wrong, and I do what I will accordingly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
In the US "fanny" is a word used to describe the ass or butt. Here in the UK "fanny" is a lady garden (vagina)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2005-06-05, 19:51
Bia's Avatar
Bia Bia is offline
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
... I once asked him what he thought about the finding of Dino bones and why they were not mention in the bible.

He looked me dead in the eye and said that those bones were put there by God to test the faithful and to believe that Dinos actually lived is a sure way to be sent to Hell.


Same here...I also have heard that Satan planted them as evidence against god.

That's the great thing about having a diety with magic powers...no matter what corner you back them into...they can always make up a reason to counter their insanity.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2005-06-05, 20:30
far_beyond_sane's Avatar
far_beyond_sane far_beyond_sane is offline
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sydney.
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
now I'm kinda a chaote... whatever the fuck that is. I know what is right and wrong, and I do what I will accordingly.


Surley the word is "chode"?
__________________
far_beyond_sane - contributing to the moral decay of your children since 1982

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 2005-06-05, 20:43
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,868
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
What a collosal crock of horse shit!!! I hope you folks realize that not all Christians are that ignorant. I felt like beating my head on the keyboard at some of the remarks. Of course there were dinosaurs!!! I knew some personally!!! A couple of kinky cavemen, too!!!
I don't profess to know even a fraction of what other's do about Christianity. I wonder what they'd say about the forgotten books of the Bible. About those ones between the Old and New Testament I found in a 1880's Bible in my attic that starts with a "A" but I can't remember the name of right now! lol
And so many think God is such a hard-ass with no sense of humor. Heck, I'd be an atheist if I didn't think he cracked a smile now and then.

Please! Don't judge us all by the beliefs of a few. To make what I think is an excellent comparison --There's many forms of Christianity just like there's many forms of metal. Some are good and some aren't. Some people are more ignorant than others. Some refuse to broaden their thinking in both. Hey, I'm game for about anything, but some things common sense takes over and some things experience and total gut feelings do.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:44
Bia's Avatar
Bia Bia is offline
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
What a collosal crock of horse shit!!! I hope you folks realize that not all Christians are that ignorant...

....Please! Don't judge us all by the beliefs of a few.

That all sounds good on paper...but when (and I use experience only) the massive majority believe the modern bible is 100% correct and accurate...all hope is lost.

The "few" you mention seem to be the ones open for interpretation, meaning there are few that can think outside the limits of a book......MOST follow it to the letter when professing their beliefs or proselytizing.

And I havnt met a christian yet that doesnt believe the earth is somewhere around 4000 years old and deny the existance of dinosaurs or early primitive man.

I wish the ones like you mention were around...but they keep silent while their masses make fools of the religion.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:45
blizzard_beast blizzard_beast is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,723
"Location: Jacksonville Florida"

'Nuff said, eh Bia?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:50
powersofterror's Avatar
powersofterror powersofterror is offline
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: pizza with a shit on it!
Posts: 7,994
Religion is not a morality.

Earth is ~4.5 billion years old, and the universe is ~ 15 billion years old.
__________________
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.


This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2005-06-05 at 21:52.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 2005-06-05, 21:51
Bia's Avatar
Bia Bia is offline
Muffin Ass
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sugar Britches
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
"Location: Jacksonville Florida"

'Nuff said, eh Bia?


Amen Brother!
You hit the nail on the head there!

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 2005-06-06, 00:53
cw4119's Avatar
cw4119 cw4119 is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 170
Amazing, really.

yet another story to add when ppl ask "man, why you hate religion?"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 2005-06-06, 02:13
John Holland's Avatar
John Holland John Holland is offline
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Angelskingarden
Posts: 2,395
Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
He looked me dead in the eye and said that those bones were put there by God to test the faithful and to believe that Dinos actually lived is a sure way to be sent to Hell.


Put there by God?

How the hell is he comfortable with the notion that GOD , is fucking with his head? That God is playing tricks on him? What kind of trust is that?

I can see God running around planting dinosaur bones --- "Hehehe, I'm a prankster God. I'm killing me!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 2005-06-06, 02:27
low-tech's Avatar
low-tech low-tech is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: providence
Posts: 1,863
not only did god put those bones there but an entire ecosystem that lasted an eon,plants,sealife,5 canopy rainforests,mammals,insects etc

edit: chistianity is becoming obsolete

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-06-06 at 02:40.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 2005-06-06, 03:09
Cloaca's Avatar
Cloaca Cloaca is offline
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 2,637
Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
Wrong tense, low-tech.
__________________
ROBERT NOWAK FOR PRESIDENT!
OMG ONE MORE THING MY HERO CAN U HELP FIRST RIFF CLOUDED? THANK YOU
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 2005-06-06, 03:17
Rapture's Avatar
Rapture Rapture is offline
The Stings of Conscience
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 2,245
Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
That all sounds good on paper...but when (and I use experience only) the massive majority believe the modern bible is 100% correct and accurate...all hope is lost.


Massive majority? I disagree. The people you speak of are a minority if anything. The reason it seems like there are so many people like that is because they are the people that push their beliefs upon others... The rational Christians that are open to interpretation don't push their beliefs, they don't scream about how the Bible is the only absolute truth... because they don't believe it. I hope you understand what i'm saying. The closed minded people seem to outnumber the rational people because the close minded ones make themselves be heard, while the rational people don't.... I'm sorry, it's late, and it's hard for me to express my thoughts. For the record, i am 100% atheist, and i believe that religion is all bullshit. However, i don't insist that i am correct. If i did, i would be no better than the Christian elitists that we speak of.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:10.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.