Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2005-05-17, 19:18
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
It's dire, isn't it? A shame in an otherwise skillful thrash band. "All For You" was riddled with fag.

nothing can top literally THEE gayest chorus of all time

*clears throat*

ahem

SIXES! AND SEVENZ!!!!
Old 2005-05-17, 19:43
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Newer Megadeth has a weak rhythm section, but, to be fair, they've always had a crappy rhythm section. If you think otherwise you're very self-deluded. There's no thrash band you listen to for the guitars more than Megadeth.

I always felt that Belladonna sounded like somebody having his nuts stamped, and that Spitz played like a child in love with the one scale he'd learned, but I always dug old Anthrax. There aren't many bands whose flaws I can't get by, and when I can't, they tend to outweigh the band's good aspects. Like Linkin Park or Necrophagist or something.

And two of Capharnaum's songs have Suecof on vocals, bitches. Go listen to those, or any of their pre-Fractured output (2 albums). Silly.

Nick Menza's very fluid in his playing... one of my favorites.

you stupid Bush lover..

HA! I GET THE LAST LAUGH IM ON THE DVD!

and Spitz has really long arms and is crossed eyed... how much more metal can you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
3 inches of blood:

the out of nowhere "hardcore" screams. they don't belong in power metal.

Atleast their trying something new, dont like them then listen to one of the other 354363454334 power metal bands that all sound the same. But I dont think they need a whole extra singer just to do those screams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
And about Immolation, I can't agree with your reasons. I realise that they have a style that's going to bore many people (I didn't like it first time I listened either). However, that guitar tone is badass, suits the riffage to a tee, and the only albums you could possibly say have shitty production are the earlier ones (Dawn.., Here In After). Personally I think the production rules on Here In After, makes the album sound so gloomy and epic. Awesome album.

Fair enough, but Failures For Gods has a horrible guitar tone.. like a big pile of mud.. really sad too I'm sure theirs some great riffs buried in that mess somewhere..

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-05-17, 19:49
Senior Metalhead

Pig Destroyer would be better if JR Hayes didn't scream like such a fucking pussy. He can do death-style vocals, so I don't understand why he shrieks as if his balls were being cut off.
Old 2005-05-17, 20:55
Post-whore
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pandemonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD

Evergrey - sometimes the vocalist sounds really lame, and sometimes he sounds cool.

Aww man, I love Englund's vocals. You can really tell he takes his performance passionately. But to each his own.
Old 2005-05-17, 21:02
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to BrutalGtrPlayer
I get really annoyed when a band uses way too many thirds. Perfect example is Cannibal Corpse's Gallery of Suicide album.
Old 2005-05-17, 21:54
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
What the hell? Satch always has a very strong ryhtym section. And Cacophony is ana ctually band, they have a great drummer and an excellent bassist.

And your tryng to tell me that Rust in Peace has no rhythm??

Satch has an awesome rhythm section live, but the compositions and album versions are generally lacking style.

Cacophony...maybe you're right on that. The guitar bored me. We're there any vocals on Speed Metal Symphony? I forget. I seem to think there were some and they were bad.

Rust In Peace I consider a good album, but not good enough to listen to over any of the first three. That's the first album that had the gay backing vocals, the new not so hot lead vocal style, Marty Friedman's boring solos, and uninspired drumming. Maybe no fatal flaws on that one.

PST said something about them never having a good rhythm section, but I think Gar and Dave 2 ruled which is why the first two albums are FAR above the rest IMO.

Really I'm mainly picking on the big dogs since pointing out the fatal flaws of shit bands is pointless. In that spirit I'll add that Pantera's fatal flaw was not changing their name when they came out with Cowboys From Hell. I find it very hard to like them having already heard the old power metal poser crap from the early days.
Old 2005-05-17, 22:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
Cacophony...maybe you're right on that. The guitar bored me. We're there any vocals on Speed Metal Symphony? I forget. I seem to think there were some and they were bad.

Rust In Peace I consider a good album, but not good enough to listen to over any of the first three. That's the first album that had the gay backing vocals, the new not so hot lead vocal style, Marty Friedman's boring solos, and uninspired drumming. Maybe no fatal flaws on that one.

Yeah, there were vocals on Speed Metal Symphony. They were alright but not great.

Man, it's funny you say that Friedman's solos are boring. I always found he added a lot of creativity to the solos and songs. I found Poland's solos and most of his songs he was associated with to bore the shit out of me.

I'm going to go into some uncharted territory here. I find that most of Chuck Shuldiner's solos make me cringe. They are far from being a fatal flaw, but very noticeable. I preferred it when Andy Larocque had solo duties.
Old 2005-05-17, 22:13
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
In that spirit I'll add that Pantera's fatal flaw was not changing their name when they came out with Cowboys From Hell. I find it very hard to like them having already heard the old power metal poser crap from the early days.

AHAHA, thats fucking retarded man. Who gives a shit if their old music wasn't your thing (I like it.. ) if you like post power metal stuff then whats the problem?

Friedman boring? His phrasing is extremely creative.. he hardly uses scales but instead creates his own.. which is awesome imo. Very original player.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2005-05-17 at 22:23.
Old 2005-05-17, 22:22
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Dimmu Borgir and Slayer for the same reason and that's the vocals. Cattle Decapitation has an awesome vocalist (even though he doubles his voice) but the music is just horrible. Children Of Bodom musically is really great but is hard to stand Alexi's vocals. In some older Deeds Of Flesh, the vocals and drums overpowered the guitar.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2005-05-17, 22:46
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Josh
I would love Dillinger Escape Plan if they didn't have the metalcore vocals.......it just totally ruins it for me for some reason, and I'm not picky on vocals to begin with.
Old 2005-05-17, 22:50
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Atleast their trying something new, dont like them then listen to one of the other 354363454334 power metal bands that all sound the same.

i enjoy them. i think they (3 Inches) are one of the best "power metal" bands around.

but trying something new isn't always a positive thing. the hardcore screams do not belong there, the same way rapping doesn't belong in black metal, to give an example.

Dragonforce managed to shove blast beats into power metal (at least i think they were the first ones) and it worked. it didn't took away from the atmosphere you have on a typical power metal song.

3 Inches failed at introducing the hardcore vocals into the "molds", so to speak, of power metal. it kills the atmosphere and takes away from the epic feeling the songs usually have.

to sum everything, as a long time power metal fan, i feel that mixing power metal with metalcore is "wrong", not because it's the "kvlt" thing to do but only for the fact that it doesn't feel like power metal at all.
Old 2005-05-17, 23:45
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Severed Saviors Forced to bleed. Great music, but the guitars sound like mud... And I love severed savior. Brutality is law is one of my favorite albums.

I dont know, I really liked everything about Cacophony. It was catchy, and had amazing guitars.

Chuck.. he wasnt the best soloer, but I do love his solo's. Yeah, a lot of his solo's sounds similar but they are good.

And wow, this topic really starts a lot of arguements.. wonder why!
Old 2005-05-18, 00:05
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
AHAHA, thats fucking retarded man. Who gives a shit if their old music wasn't your thing (I like it.. ) if you like post power metal stuff then whats the problem?

Just one of those things I guess. I think Friedman also catches a lot of flack from me because he is such a poser. If he wasn't always trying unsuccessfully to look "metal" I would probably enjoy his playing more.

That is the fatal flaw of most bands IMO... Image.

And Chuck is an awesome solo player, but I generally only listen to the pre-Human albums which were less noodling in the solo department and had better drums.

Last edited by Kylito : 2005-05-18 at 00:07.
Old 2005-05-18, 00:06
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Severed Saviors Forced to bleed. Great music, but the guitars sound like mud... And I love severed savior. Brutality is law is one of my favorite albums.

Hehehe, I think the opposite to you. I love Severed Savior as well, but I like the production of FtB way more than BiL. The vocals sound annoying on BiL, but the guitar tone is pretty sick.
Old 2005-05-18, 01:11
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Just one of those things I guess. I think Friedman also catches a lot of flack from me because he is such a poser. If he wasn't always trying unsuccessfully to look "metal" I would probably enjoy his playing more.

Look metal? He's in a fucking Jazz Pop band..

He's not trying very hard to look, be, or act metal.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-05-18, 04:32
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A) I hated Belladonna well before I heard Bush. Even if Bush sucked, Belladonna would still suck. He sounds like he couldn't record unless Scott Ian had Charlie Benante on his shoulders while stepping on his (Joey's) nuts.
B) I'm on last year's DVD.
C) Gar was mediocrity embodied. Like I said, the rhythm section in Megadeth was never a big deal, and if you want to delude yourself into believing it was that's your business.

If you want a referential scale, Lars was crapulence embodied. Follow? No? Fuck you, especially if your problem with Pantera is that they got noticeably better. 'Oh no, this shitty band is better than they used to be! They must suck!' What the fuck logic is that? Most of the people here (because they're tools) can't stand pre-Corpsegrinder CC, but they don't have dumbass little 'Why couldn't they change their name? They would've been sooooooooooooo much cooler!' arguments to back them up. My point? All of you shut up.

Yeah, I've been drinking, and I'll keep that up.

Oh, and Marty Friedman always looked like himself. His attempts to look 'metal,' if you call it that, amount to nothing different than his attempts to look 'Japanese.' If you can't stand a guy's playing because of his pictures, you have a very big problem.
Old 2005-05-18, 06:45
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Friedman boring? His phrasing is extremely creative.. he hardly uses scales but instead creates his own.. which is awesome imo. Very original player.

Agreed, I love the lead on rust in peace.

I don't really like Goratory's vocalist, but the music is great, the bass really stands out.
Old 2005-05-18, 06:50
Pokémon Master

I would like Black Metal, except for the anoying raspy high vocals, the crappy doomish synth sound, the anoying raspy guitar tones, the "boom-box inside a metal trashcan" production, the unimaginative drum beats and the general evilness of it.
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?
Old 2005-05-18, 07:55
Life is pain.
Banned

Any black metal that uses keyboards and synth. If I wanted to hear the fucking symphony orchestra I'd get a record from them instead. I'm paying to hear black metal and the band, not that bullshit.
Old 2005-05-18, 13:22
Metalhead

one "fatal flaw" i have found with Slayer is that Sum41 happens to like them
that sends chills up my spine, dont get me wrong, im a huge fan