MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-05-02, 03:00
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Videos of Metaltabbers

Lets see it..... im interested.

Heres a shitty kinda sloppy one i just made out the blue at 2 in the morning.... all hyped up on energy drinks again.

www.adueinteriors.com/guitar.mpg

www.adueinteriors.com/crazytrain.mpg

Last edited by h4x5k8 : 2005-05-03 at 00:01.
Old 2005-05-02, 03:10
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ukfswmart
You should be vibrato-ing with your wrist, not your finger. Same goes for bends; doing it with your finger often sounds uncontrolled and uneven, and in a live environment these things make your playing sound nervous

I'm not sure if you were doing that because you were tired, but when you bend or vibrato you should use the base knuckle of your index finger as a pivot point, and rotate your wrist. If I ever do a video, I'll stick some vibrato in to show you what I mean if my explanation's a bit shit

Nice guitar, btw :P Is that a RR or a V?
Old 2005-05-02, 03:59
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfswmart
You should be vibrato-ing with your wrist, not your finger. Same goes for bends; doing it with your finger often sounds uncontrolled and uneven, and in a live environment these things make your playing sound nervous

I'm not sure if you were doing that because you were tired, but when you bend or vibrato you should use the base knuckle of your index finger as a pivot point, and rotate your wrist. If I ever do a video, I'll stick some vibrato in to show you what I mean if my explanation's a bit shit

Nice guitar, btw :P Is that a RR or a V?

Thanks for the feedback.... there are a lot of things i need to work on to improve my speed/how clean i play and what not. Mostly my technique... you should do a vibrato video, my bends do sound kinda sketchy and uneven, i would like to fix all this but yea that was my RR, http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/custInvader.html
Old 2005-05-02, 05:20
Post-whore

that was pretty kick ass other than th vibrato as mentioned by ukfswmart
how long have you been playing.
Old 2005-05-02, 12:45
Post-whore

hmm..... well i "played" for a while, like got my first guitar like 6 years ago, never touched it for 3 years, then started taking lessons, but that didnt help much, so i quit again, then i just started taking lessons again like 9 months ago, and prolly played like 6 months before that... so ive been playing good stuff/actually trying to play for about 1 1/2 to 2 years.
Old 2005-05-02, 12:51
Post-whore

By the way, i wasnt trying to vibrato with my whammy at the end there.... i was just fuckin around with sounds, but yes is do suck at vibrato with my fingers.... ill make some more videos cause im interested to see what other things i gotta work on.
Old 2005-05-02, 12:54
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

cool, it's funny to see a Ran in action! I might be able to borrow a cam from a friend so I can film my Ran in action when it gets here
Old 2005-05-02, 12:56
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
cool, it's funny to see a Ran in action! I might be able to borrow a cam from a friend so I can film my Ran in action when it gets here

haha nice.. yea ill get some better footage of the whole body, ill do a cover or somthing easy and post it up or somthing. to get some ran action
Old 2005-05-02, 13:04
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to rapeandruin
i wish i could do that
Old 2005-05-02, 13:11
Post-whore

s**t i didnt realise that was your ran
that looks killer.

btw its not that you suck at vibrato just room for improvement i guess.
Old 2005-05-02, 16:34
Senior Metalhead

cool stuff, i've been thinkin about getting a Ran, just not sure how well it will play and how safe it is to get one, post a fulll body video soon!
Old 2005-05-02, 16:55
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevC
cool stuff, i've been thinkin about getting a Ran, just not sure how well it will play and how safe it is to get one, post a fulll body video soon!

haha ok, yea improvement is what i meant
yea i did some crazy train shit today i guess i can post it, it was kinda off the bat and sloppy, ill re record one most likley. Also did some bodom stuff.
Old 2005-05-02, 17:35
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to ukfswmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
Thanks for the feedback.... there are a lot of things i need to work on to improve my speed/how clean i play and what not. Mostly my technique... you should do a vibrato video, my bends do sound kinda sketchy and uneven, i would like to fix all this but yea that was my RR, http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/custInvader.html

If I do get round to doing a video, it'll probably be on Wednesday. I don't have any hosting anymore though, so I don't know how I'm going to be able to show you guys :\
Old 2005-05-02, 17:59
Muffin Ass

That was kickass!

Thanks
Old 2005-05-02, 21:06
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
haha ok, yea improvement is what i meant
yea i did some crazy train shit today i guess i can post it, it was kinda off the bat and sloppy, ill re record one most likley. Also did some bodom stuff.

nice i cant wait to see it, i would like to post a vid too, but i suck, maybe ill post my attempt at crystal mountain soon
Old 2005-05-02, 21:27
Post-whore

So uhhh....How do you guys record stuff again?
Old 2005-05-02, 21:34
Wasted Custom User title

Send a message via AIM to DeathCS Send a message via MSN to DeathCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
That was kickass!

Thanks

No problem, heh heh

LMAO
Old 2005-05-02, 22:04
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
No problem, heh heh

LMAO

You're picking on me....come here....time for an asswhipping!

Seriously though....I enjoyed that....I'm still trying to figure out where to upload a few sample MP3s of me jamming so you all can pick at me some more.....but it's cool....I made two and one isnt too bad.
Old 2005-05-02, 23:46
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bia
You're picking on me....come here....time for an asswhipping!

Seriously though....I enjoyed that....I'm still trying to figure out where to upload a few sample MP3s of me jamming so you all can pick at me some more.....but it's cool....I made two and one isnt too bad.

ill host all your guys shit just as long as it isnt to big.
And in the words of CC welcome, lol, but hey whatever floats your boat and shit im obliged to film myself and be contructivly commented on or criticized.
New video will be on the first post in like 5 mins.
Old 2005-05-03, 00:31
Supreme Metalhead

Very nice. I finally saw your backwards videos as well. Those were very well done. I can't wait to see a backwards guitar video from you.

As far as the vibrato goes, there are many ways to do vibrato and your goal should be to master all of them, not just one. Finger vibrato rules if you're good at it. It's the same story with artificial harmonics, there are many different methods of getting them and they all have merit.