MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2005-05-31, 11:37
Post-whore

What's your story?

i've been playing scence, late 2002 (age 11). the reason why is: i saw my friend play arpeggios from hell and i was trying to impress this girl at my school. so i played for like 13 hours a day for the first 2 years. thats all i really do, cuz its somthing i love. ohh me and that one chick, yea we're still going out. im sending my stuff to guitar player u know that mike varney's(shrapnel records) spotlight. so look out for me.(i play anything and everything, especially how i feel. i have a shit load of recordings but it wont let me post them.)
What's your story?
Old 2005-05-31, 11:51
Post-whore

I had this real cheap acoustic guitar when i was 8 years old and started playing random things on it. A i got better i started to like it and learnt how to read tabs. when i was 10 years old i got my first electric guitar and started playing stuff on it. Since I was 11 i started playing death metal. Now i'm 18 1/2 years old and I still play death metal mainly. Only I got a lot better since
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+
Old 2005-05-31, 11:51
Post-whore

I started because my dad would pick up his strat and just go off on thes crazy solos and id just stand there going "i wish i could do that" so i picked it up one day and got hooked... and i wanted more friends and some chicks exept it didnt work but im still playing 2 years later

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2005-05-31, 11:52
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

started at 15, lessons for years, teaching, 4 bands and 7 years further now.
Old 2005-05-31, 12:11
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

Started with acoustic at 12 in music class at school, nothing too serious just some basic chords and stuff and I got hooked and my dad got me an acoustic which I still have, after one year I thought I could try electric guitar and thats how its been til now, I'm soon 16 FYI.
Old 2005-05-31, 12:37
Muffin Ass

I have listened to bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer and Metallica...also alot of 80s punk... since I was born.
I was a surprise baby...unexpected, and have a sister 14 yrs older than me and she was 14 in 1985 so you can imagine the great stuff I grew up hearing.

As far back as I can remember I knew I was going to play guitar...and when the time came in my life where I was able to get my own...I started going into Pawn Shops and shortly before I turned 15 got my first axe.

Life has only gotten better and better.
Old 2005-05-31, 12:44
Post-whore

been listening to soloicious music since 1999 and have been meaning to pickup a guitar and learn. only got round to learning guitar in nov 2004
Old 2005-05-31, 13:32
Post-whore

I first started playing when i was 16, I'd always wanted to start playin since listening to hendrix and iommi when younger. However i never got around to it until i got introduced to bass by my bro. It was fun but i didnt find it challenging and i always wanted to play guiitar so i took it up and i ve never put it down since

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!
Old 2005-05-31, 13:45
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Started in last December. Bought a Schecter C-1 Classic, a Line 6 Guitarport, and have been practicing religiously since. I recently auditioned for a band and made it. We are currently rehearsing to open for a Goatwhore show at the end of June. It'll be our first gig after one month of being together as a band.
Old 2005-05-31, 14:46
Supreme Metalhead

I had nothing to do in the music class, so my teacher told me that i should go to this guitar class that she had. I did. It took like two weeks then i couldn't resist it and i started playing like hell. Then we had this concert, and i played Love hurts with my band. I played and sang so well that my mother started to cry. Then like one month after that concert i got my first electric guitar from my father. Then i got my hands on GP4 and I just kept learning more and more and soon after that i got more into metal. So i bought a new guitar and made up a real rig(sorta) and now we're having a concert in two days(on thursday). I'll be playing Paranoid and Enter Sandman(i'll be doing the solos in both of them).
Old 2005-05-31, 16:10
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to sqol
I decided that i wanted to make some music, not just listen to it- so i started to play guitar. Been playing about 3 years now, trying to get a band together, want to play death/doom/black metal, but finding it difficult to find like-minded musicians
Old 2005-05-31, 16:13
Post-whore

cool iron90

how long you been playnig for
Old 2005-05-31, 16:31
HES BAAACK

my friend got a guitar for christmas, i borrowed it and liekd it. ive never been a hardcore shredder nonstop like some of you guys, i just play for myself. im not great at soloing but i dont work 13 hours a day at it either ( i bet you only ddi 6, max)
Old 2005-05-31, 16:47
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to metalpro
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJM04
i've been playing scence, late 2002 (age 11). the reason why is: i saw my friend play arpeggios from hell and i was trying to impress this girl at my school. so i played for like 13 hours a day for the first 2 years. thats all i really do, cuz its somthing i love. ohh me and that one chick, yea we're still going out. im sending my stuff to guitar player u know that mike varney's(shrapnel records) spotlight. so look out for me.(i play anything and everything, especially how i feel. i have a shit load of recordings but it wont let me post them.)
What's your story?

how can u love something that u only do to impress a chick, that sounds pretty stupid.

but to ur general question, i started playing guitar as soon as i heard metallica, pantera, and ozzy osbourne. they influenced me so much when i started. my first year playing i played fade to black in front of 500 kids at my school. now i listen to even heavier, faster shit which makes me wanna play even more than i already do. i hope to get a label from centry media someday.

scream when u feel the pain. i probly wont stop.
Old 2005-05-31, 16:59
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalpro
how can u love something that u only do to impress a chick, that sounds pretty stupid.

Are you kidding? Guys are constantly doing stupid things to impress us.
And most are so counter productive...so I give a lil credit to a guy if jamming is the extreme he'll go to to impress a girl.
I mean fuck....do you know how many real life Jackass stunts I've witnessed all in the name of....
"Check me out ladies"
right before their self induced carnage begins...LOL

However...I love guys and their crazy antics!

Old 2005-05-31, 16:59
Post-whore

[QUOTE=metalpro]how can u love something that u only do to impress a chick.
that's how it started, then from there it was like a drug. just i get all cold when i have withdrawl.
Old 2005-05-31, 17:07
Metalhead

well i had my first electric guitar when i was 15, and even though i was into metal i didnt really play it for quite a few years, that is untill when i was 18, and i got into a fight with my dad and stabbed him in the chest, i thought he was gonna die, so i got so upset that i wouldnt go out or anything so i just sat down for a couple of months and played guitar nearly all day long, he got better and i started going out again but i never really stopped playing guitar up untill i got my business running, then a year or so later i bought loads of eqquipment a new guitar and got back into it
Old 2005-05-31, 17:18
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to k13m
some friend a long time ago once learned me a nirvana song ( i know i know)
never played after that, until i got into dimmu borgir 3 years ago (i know i know) started to play some dimmu songs (2 whole cd's to be precise) did that for bout 2 years, and learned most basic stuff from that, then took lessons for bout 1/2 year, i learned how to alternate and some sweeping and shit, some theory that i forgot about, then started tabbing hate eternal for metaltabs and then im bout where i am now, learning some necrophagist solos, sometimes tabbing some songs if i aint got better shit to do.

ive been playiong for almost 3 years now btw

< no wonder hes mad!!
Old 2005-05-31, 17:22
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13m
some friend a long time ago once learned me a nirvana song ( i know i know)
never played after that, until i got into dimmu borgir 3 years ago (i know i know) started to play some dimmu songs (2 whole cd's to be precise) did that for bout 2 years, and learned most basic stuff from that, then took lessons for bout 1/2 year, i learned how to alternate and some sweeping and shit, some theory that i forgot about, then started tabbing hate eternal for metaltabs and then im bout where i am now, learning some necrophagist solos, sometimes tabbing some songs if i aint got better shit to do.

ive been playiong for almost 3 years now btw

you seem to be catching up quite nicely, my young apprentice
Old 2005-05-31, 18:02
Toast-whore

Send a message via MSN to OpethFan
Started playing when i was 16, im 17 now. My friend played the guitar and i thought it was real cool, he taught me a couple of songs on the acoustic, a tool song and 'by the rivers of babylon' i think it was lol. But yeah i loved it instantly. Had a little 3/4 acoustic at home which was alright for a while, then the bridge snapped off. Then i really got into it after learning to read tabs, got an electric and basically learnt tool, easy drop D stuff.
Then i became more fond of opeth when i was playing the guitar, you dont notice the talent in music unless you have tried it. So i started learning some opeth riffs, a bit of their acoustic. I was practicing a few hours every day (how ever long my wrists and fingers could handle.) I never really looked at it as practicing, you think of practise as something you have to do - i play because i love it.
Now a year later i just download a gp4 tab of anything i hear that sounds cool. Im learning a lot of Pink Floyd lately, building up speed, bends all that sorta stuff.

I still want to get lessons, be shown everything im doing wrong.
Well thats about it enough.