Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical

Old 2005-04-19, 06:32
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Poem for my English Class assesment.

Serrated saber slashes you skull,
Your parents tied, they cried as you died.
Slashed and bleeding, blood pours like water
Your son is dead, I continue to slaughter.
The tied parents quiver knowing their fate,
Looking at them, their fear turns to hate.
I take the father and - dragged by the hair -
He starts to scream with a pain hard to bare.
Into the corner where his son's body lie,
I realise now, this gives me a high.
I cut him open and tear out his guts,
Dissecting them fast with precisely aimed cuts.
Leaving him there, a red bloddy mess,
The wife is now screaming, such a success!
Now my blade lurks like a drunk in an alley,
I move to kill her as comes naturally.
Sword cutting through her with a single swing,
Sheathing it now with a gentle 'Sching'.
Maybe you make me a monster in mind, but
My bane was to reign and cause ultimate pain.

Last edited by Infinity : 2005-04-19 at 06:41.

Old 2005-04-19, 06:42
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

By the way, I had to use Alliteration, Assonance, Simile, Metaphor, Onomatopeia, and Personification - See if you can find them

Old 2005-04-19, 06:58
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Alliteration

Quote:
Assonance

Quote:
Simile

blood pours like water [to a lesser degree]

Quote:
Metaphor

didn't get that one

Quote:
Onomatopeia

Quote:
Personification

Maybe you make me a monster in mind,

Quote:
Slashed and bleeding, blood pours like water
Your son is dead, I continue to slaughter.
The tied parents quiver knowing their fate,
Looking at them, their fear turns to hate.
I take the father and - dragged by the hair -
He starts to scream with a pain hard to bare.
Into the corner where his son's body lie,
I realise now, this gives me a high.
I cut him open and tear out his guts,
Dissecting them fast with precisely aimed cuts.
Leaving him there, a red bloddy mess,
The wife is now screaming, such a success!
I move to kill her as comes naturally.
Sword cutting through her with a single swing,
Maybe you make me a monster in mind, but

Old 2005-04-19, 08:08
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Metaphor:
"A red bloody mess"

Grammar:
"Into the corner where his son's body lie" (lies). I figure you just copy and pasted this, wouldn't want to lose marks over something silly like that now, would we?

Old 2005-04-19, 08:14
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

oh while we're at grammar street, in the first line should be "your skull" not "you skull."

Old 2005-04-19, 09:10
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Typos

Old 2005-04-19, 14:31
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

a red bloddy mess, ---bloody perhaps?

You trying to give the teach a heart attack or get expelled and sent to a mental facility? lol

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2005-04-19, 14:36
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

I was actually really worried that I wont be allowed to submit it Thanks for pointing out typos.

Well I think that if it is so graphic then I should get fucking extra marks!! Hahah, if it's got that kind of imagery and it makes the ENGLISH teacher squirm then I'd have to get marks for awesome imagery and all that shit.

Old 2005-04-19, 17:34
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, the thing now is some jerks screwed things up saying that Ozzy's lyrics made them crazy and that evil lyrics caused Columbine. Sad but true.

I don't know when it's due, and I know this sounds old fuddy-duddy, but there's times and places for things and maybe it would cause YOU less stress if you submitted something else. I don't know how your teacher or the school would react and it may or may not snowball into something.
Yeah, I'm a worry wart. I just hate to see something like this taken for serious. You aren't serious, are you?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2005-04-19, 17:40
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Fuck it, I'll submit it and if the school wants to do something about it I'll just misbehave my way outta it. Hahaha.

Old 2005-04-19, 20:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Spoken like a true metalhead.

Old 2005-04-19, 23:18
Jamento
Metalhead

yeah

If they do give you shit, and they probably will, I would bring up the fact that anything you say or write is protected under Freedom of speech. And assuming that they are the generic ego-centric fucks that most people of authority are, they'll probably attempt to say that you're not protected under the constitution because they think it only applies to adults. Well, I doubt that most people are like that, maybe it's just my step dad, who claims I have as many rights as his furniture as i'm "property" until I am a legal adult. And he can treat me as such.

Old 2005-04-19, 23:50
The Angry Hobbit
Senior Metalhead

Thumbs up wow

that was awsome. you should start a black metal band

Old 2005-04-20, 02:38
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Do they have freedom of speech in Australia? They certainly don't have our Constitution, so giving him a defense based on it doesn't help. Though I'd be surprised if they didn't have similar laws.

Unless you mean 'to reveal,' 'bare' isn't spelled that way.
I don't see why that's 'your' bane, since it doesn't seem to bother 'you' at all. 'You' are a bane, but that's not what the line says.
If the separate listing of 'simile' and 'metaphor' means you also have to construct a metaphor without the use of 'like' or 'as,' I don't see one.

Old 2005-04-20, 02:42
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

It's only year 10 english man, not my HSC I don't think alot of that will count - what you said about metaphor and simile. But exactly WHY could I get into trouble for this anyway?!? Why?? Because it's gory? What exactly justifies this as being 'in trouble' material?

Old 2005-04-20, 03:29
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A lot of people used to get in trouble for shit like this, violent poetry and such, in our country. Usually in connection with the question of school shootings, real or imaginary. I have no idea what kind of alarmists your country has.

I wouldn't worry about the simile/metaphor thing, but I would change 'bane,' since that line actually doesn't make sense, given the context. English teachers notice this kind of thing, and they're bastards about it. Cruel, smug bastards.

Old 2005-04-20, 03:49
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

A) Well I don't think we've eer had a high school shooting, save some dude shot a girls legs together with a crossbow. There's never been anything like it, and plus I live in a very small town of aobut 18 - 20K people over a 10 km diameter... I don't think It will raise any alarms.

B) Definition: [n] something causes misery or death; "the bane of my life"

Couldn't I say it like that? My method to cause misery was to cause ultimate pain???

Old 2005-04-20, 04:07
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

When you say 'my bane,' it doesn't mean 'my method to cause misery' but rather 'the thing that causes me misery.' It implies that his killing is self-destructive when it's really, from his viewpoint, celebratory; he doesn't seem to feel that he's doing anything bad to himself, that this is some kind of sickness he suffers from or whatever like some literary killers do. The rest of the poem suggests that he's having a hell of a good time. If you're trying to say that he knows that being a violent prick's eating away at him in some way, then it's fine; if you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say it's the wrong word.

While I'm thinking on this, replacing it with 'vein,' as in the thing that brings you life, makes a neat if somewhat tenuous and unclear metaphor. I'm not suggesting you try that, since I think it's somewhat weak; it just popped into my head.

Old 2005-04-20, 04:12
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

In vain I must reign and cause ultimate pain?

Old 2005-04-20, 04:25
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

That's got the same problem.

I just went through all the words I know that end in the 'ane' sound, and the best one is fain, which means gladness or joy, but it's a little obscure. Still, it's their job to know words.

Old 2005-04-20, 04:35
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Feign?!? Feign a heart attack. Isn't that right?

Old 2005-04-20, 04:37
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Oh fuck it Im just gonna have what I put there in the first place. As if anyone is gonna get 100% anyway.

Old 2005-04-20, 05:01
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Nah, fain as I spelled it. Old-ass word.

Old 2005-04-20, 22:13
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

If you get reprimanded for violent imagery, that would be pretty lame of the teacher.

My 10th grade english teacher was a hardcore cat lover, so when she assigned us to write a poem which was literally shaped like the topic (i.e. the Gettysburg Address written to form a picture of Lincoln's head) I wrote a poem about dismembering a cat that was in the physical shape of a cat with nubs on it. Even though it probably disturbed her she had to give me an A+ because it rocked...

Old 2005-04-21, 00:22
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamento
If they do give you shit, and they probably will, I would bring up the fact that anything you say or write is protected under Freedom of speech. And assuming that they are the generic ego-centric fucks that most people of authority are, they'll probably attempt to say that you're not protected under the constitution because they think it only applies to adults. Well, I doubt that most people are like that, maybe it's just my step dad, who claims I have as many rights as his furniture as i'm "property" until I am a legal adult. And he can treat me as such.

I worked within the child welfare service and you do have rights. I'm just north of you up on Lake Erie. Howdy neighbor! There is certain freedoms of speech in America, BUT there are also rules that each school and school district has. You might be allowed to a lot of things outside school grounds, but not on school property or at their functions. I know a kid who was going to play in the variety show at Vo-Ed and he was required to submit lyrics to his song before he was allowed to participate.

This person, or you, might be fine writing something like this just for entertainment, but I've worked around kids who it would be taken very seriously. Authorities are just trying to protect when they react to something like this. I'm curious to see if they do.

And YOU are NOT property. You are an individual who deserves the respect you give. Children have not been considered property legally since the early start of the 20th century. I know I heard the speech--As long as you're living under my roof you'll do as I say. My folks did it out of love and to give guidelines whether I chose to follow them or not. Don't demean yourself into thinking you are furniture. You aren't.

Old 2005-04-28, 00:47
revoltingblob
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Hobbit
that was awsome. you should start a black metal band

those are in no way BM lyrics...I would say more suited for Death Metal or Goregrind

topic creator- awesome/10

Old 2005-04-28, 07:21
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

I handed it in and as far as I know got the best in the class, also she shown it to the head teacher to say how good it was. English is my best subject, always has been [even if I don't type proper English alot haha]

Old 2005-04-28, 13:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That's great! I'm glad it worked out well for you. I'm such a worrywart, but someone has to be. Good job!

Old 2005-04-28, 13:54
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Hehe, all good

Old 2005-04-28, 22:56
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
I handed it in and as far as I know got the best in the class, also she shown it to the head teacher to say how good it was. English is my best subject, always has been [even if I don't type proper English alot haha]

Frankly I'm surprised...

I thought it was OK.

Old 2005-04-29, 07:25
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:

good for ya!

yeah, english is my best subject and i generally get great grades for it. i just have a passion for spelling, grammar, etc. although i don't use it often