Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password

Old 2005-04-20, 17:51
Post-whore

amplitube is amazingly shit

i have it on my pc, sooooo shitty

everything sounds the same and all you get is fuzz, i dont know about the others, but DO NOT get amplitube. worst way to waste internet download bandwidth
Old 2005-04-20, 17:55
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Send a message via AIM to John Holland
Have you ordered your GuitarPort yet, User 01? When you get it, should you have any questions about it PM me.
Old 2005-04-21, 10:23
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
Have you ordered your GuitarPort yet, User 01? When you get it, should you have any questions about it PM me.

nope not yet, waiting for my pay check...my work place is soooo unreliable

o yea, btw, i've decided to get a pod xt.

i've always had my eyes on it, i hope its as good as everyone says
if not...ebay

im still geting riff tracker, so if i get it i can email a copy to you or send you a copy
Old 2005-04-21, 11:03
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Timur
Quote:
Originally Posted by User01

if not...ebay

im still geting riff tracker, so if i get it i can email a copy to you or send you a copy

Then I will say that it's not as good as everyone says
Old 2005-04-21, 12:07
Post-whore

Quote:

if not...ebay

My guitar teacher has a Pod Xt set-up, but it goes through shitloads of other stuff before the speakers to make it sound good.

Job? I thought you were 13 or something?

Anyway, I just downloaded AmpliTube, and is really guite shit, worst thing is, the delay between your actual playing and the sound is horrible, you need something in between (like the GuitarPort) to make it OK I think.

Oh well, it was free anyway.
Old 2005-04-21, 13:21
Banned

Last night my dad decided to be friendly, and he ordered the rifftracker activation number for me ( he played his bass through my GuitarPort, and decided that he just had to have one too ). I went ahead and ordered the Metal Shop add on myself. The predicament is, however, that I think they have a registry database on their internet server, that is, I'm not sure if I could send you the serial and it even work on your guitarport. I'm going to install the serial today and let you know how it turns out, and if I can, I'll record a couple of tracks and try to host them.

Does anyone know how I could host .wav files?
Old 2005-04-21, 13:41
Post-whore

I don't think you can easily find a host for .WAV's, just convert them if you have a sound editing program or whatever.
Old 2005-04-21, 16:48
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
Job? I thought you were 13 or something?

lol, na, im nearly 17

and yea, amplitube is soooo shite
you need a really fast computer to get rid of the delay, our computers are too slow...i think
whats your spec?
mine is a 1.8ghz amd duron with 256mb ram

i dont think i have enough ram

Quote:
Last night my dad decided to be friendly, and he ordered the rifftracker activation number for me ( he played his bass through my GuitarPort, and decided that he just had to have one too ). I went ahead and ordered the Metal Shop add on myself. The predicament is, however, that I think they have a registry database on their internet server, that is, I'm not sure if I could send you the serial and it even work on your guitarport. I'm going to install the serial today and let you know how it turns out, and if I can, I'll record a couple of tracks and try to host them.

Does anyone know how I could host .wav files?

thats cool of your dad to get you that

its cool about serial, its unlikely to work on another guitar port if theres server's, copy protection is pretty strong nowerdays, so not to worry, i will just order riff tracker with my pod. tell me how it goes anyways dude.

about wavs, wavs are amazingly big files when saved at high quality. its like 60mb for a song if i remember right. like blizzard sed, just convert your wav files to mp3s. when you convert it, just host it on yoursendit.com

btw, isnt the metal shop add on only for the pod xt? i may be wrong

yea, neways, bring on the samples
Old 2005-04-21, 16:58
Post-whore

Quote:
lol, na, im nearly 17

you need a really fast computer to get rid of the delay, our computers are too slow...i think
whats your spec?

I've got a 1.8Ghz AMD Athlon with 512mb ram. I'm sure that's enough, but I remember reading something about normal soundcards being unable to handle guitar frequencies, thus causing delay, and you need something in between (like a high quality mixer type thing, like your Guitarport) to process the signal faster.
Old 2005-04-21, 17:10
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
I've got a 1.8Ghz AMD Athlon with 512mb ram. I'm sure that's enough, but I remember reading something about normal soundcards being unable to handle guitar frequencies, thus causing delay, and you need something in between (like a high quality mixer type thing, like your Guitarport) to process the signal faster.

Yea, its to do with the protocol used... the PCI slots are simply not fast enough to be able to transfer that amount of data, due to all the harmonics etc. of guitars... However... you don't/can't hear a lot of them, so the guitar port will cut the crap So to sum this post up.... blizzard_beast, you are correct :P
Old 2005-04-21, 17:17
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DEAD
I don't think he understands what a POD xt actually is...
Comforting silence
Old 2005-04-21, 17:26
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Obviously..

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2005-04-21, 18:08
Banned

Quote:
lol, na, im nearly 17

whats your spec?

thats cool of your dad to get you that

its cool about serial, its unlikely to work on another guitar port if theres server's, copy protection is pretty strong nowerdays, so not to worry, i will just order riff tracker with my pod. tell me how it goes anyways dude.

about wavs, wavs are amazingly big files when saved at high quality. its like 60mb for a song if i remember right. like blizzard sed, just convert your wav files to mp3s. when you convert it, just host it on yoursendit.com

btw, isnt the metal shop add on only for the pod xt? i may be wrong

yea, neways, bring on the samples

Another metaltabs member is going to host the file for me after I e-mail it for him. I'll entitle it "The Official MetalTabs GuitarPort Sample". Because all the samples the company writes for their own products are sub-par, especially Line 6's.
Old 2005-04-22, 04:18
Post-whore

The Official MetalTabs GuitarPort Sample

The Official MetalTabs GuitarPort Samples:

Track1(1:41)
Track2(1:41)

Last edited by sqol : 2005-04-22 at 04:43.
Old 2005-04-22, 07:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqol
The Official MetalTabs GuitarPort Samples:

Track1(1:41)
Track2(1:41)

You must Right-click, and then select "Save Target As" for these files to work.

I had just returned home from work, because of an intestinal virus that caused me to throw up quite a few times. I decided to cut some tracks anyway. Because I'm sick and because I did'nt warm up my hands, you can hear quite a few mistakes, and the virtuosos on this forum may have a good laugh, but mind you, I'm getting better. At least you know what this sounds like.

The first one, I used my Schecter C-1 Classic with EMG 81/85 set for all guitar that you hear, and my dad's Peavey Cirrus 6 six string for all the bass that you hear. I can't remember exactly what I used for the rythm guitar ( only three tracks total ), I think it was the Rectifier model that I recieved in the add-on pack. For the lead I used the 1993 Soldano Solo model, with a touch of ( faux ) spring reverb. There are plenty of mistakes in this song, but there are also a few nice licks here and there.

The second one is both great, and terrible, in the fact that I only got so far before I had to lay down. About one 35 seconds into the second recording you should stop listening because then all you hear is drum machine and perhaps awful mistakes. I was'nt proficient enough with the program to edit out the last 45 or so seconds, or at the very least fade it out, this is the first time I've ever worked with recording software. It was something I wrote on the spot, and a total of nine tracks were used. Same leads, same rythm, but I used the Engl model for the quadruple guitar "build up" that you hear after the melody. Again, there are lots of mistakes I did'nt bother to fix, at this point I had to go lay down and eat saltine crackers and drink 7-Up.

There was no post-tweaking, on the sounds, I just turned the knobs on the amplifiers until I heard what I wanted, then pressed record. It seems you can record an unlimited number of layers, as I have yet to reach a limit. And thanks to Sqol for making the hosting possible.

Last edited by John Holland : 2005-04-22 at 10:22.
Old 2005-04-22, 17:59
Post-whore

wicked

i love the first clip, sooo kuewl

cant wait to get my pod xt
the lil screen looks cool
Old 2005-04-22, 18:32
Banned

Quote:
wicked

i love the first clip, sooo kuewl

cant wait to get my pod xt
the lil screen looks cool

Thanks. I know the second clip is power metal bastardization that needed a thorough re-tracking of several parts ... and a minute of drum machine removed. But that's what the GuitarPort can do. I have'nt yet learned to utilize the post-editing sequences you can use on the layers of tracks, so everything was recorded and mixed totally raw.

You do know you can get a Line 6 guitar port, and for one hundred dollars upgrade it to everything that a POD XT has, correct? Your guitarport would be an XT, it would just look different. That would cost you a hundred dollars less overall.
Old 2005-04-23, 08:39
Post-whore

Quote:
Thanks. I know the second clip is power metal bastardization that needed a thorough re-tracking of several parts ... and a minute of drum machine removed. But that's what the GuitarPort can do. I have'nt yet learned to utilize the post-editing sequences you can use on the layers of tracks, so everything was recorded and mixed totally raw.

You do know you can get a Line 6 guitar port, and for one hundred dollars upgrade it to everything that a POD XT has, correct? Your guitarport would be an XT, it would just look different. That would cost you a hundred dollars less overall.

i have to admit, i didnt know that the addons were available for the guitar port, thats an awesome thing for something so cheap.
but yea, im getting the pod because i can connect it to other stuff and i wouldnt HAVE to stay at my pc.

man those clips are keuwl, your fucking amazing on guitar and you were ill! i wonder how good you are when your well. well im a beginer (6 months) so i cant play anything like that.
Old 2005-04-23, 10:01
Banned

Quote:
i have to admit, i didnt know that the addons were available for the guitar port, thats an awesome thing for something so cheap.
but yea, im getting the pod because i can connect it to other stuff and i wouldnt HAVE to stay at my pc.

man those clips are keuwl, your fucking amazing on guitar and you were ill! i wonder how good you are when your well. well im a beginer (6 months) so i cant play anything like that.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliments. You've got quite the role models in Mick and Kerry, do what they did and practice as much as you possibly can, and play from the heart.

By the way, I created a master version of track 2, no messups ( there was one accidental open note that I just could'nt find among the 24 track pileup, see if you can spot it. ), and its a full song. I'm going to see if Sqol can host it.

http://blueprint.dijit.net/mt-jh/SONG.mp3

Last edited by John Holland : 2005-04-25 at 13:04.
Old 2005-04-23, 13:25
Post-whore

sweet, can wait to hear it
if you want a place to host stuff, check out www.yousendit.com you may have come across it before
btw did you make it on riff tracker?

o yea, and how long have you been playing for? i cant be bothered to switch to that other thread (how long you been playing for) at the moment, my internet is going really really slow