MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2005-04-16, 11:46
rosy_crucifixion
New Blood

Advice for female metal vocalists.

I searched through all the threads and couldn't find any female specific tips or suggestions...any advice welcome.

Old 2005-04-16, 12:33
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

1. sing.

Old 2005-04-16, 13:37
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

For females you say? Sucking cock helps.

Haha ,sorry, that needed to be said.

Old 2005-04-16, 14:48
shimbolla
Senior Metalhead

I'm not sure if there is anything a female vocalist should do different than a male vocalist when it comes to metal. Male or female, black or white, republican or democrat -- it really doesn't matter. Whatever you can do that sounds good. Are you more up for singing melodically, or are you hoping to go for something harsher and along the lines of more extreme metal? As a simple little fact, female voices are higher than male voices. Yes, I know, I should work for NASA. But with that little statistic in mind, I'd have to say that it might be hard to really put forth a heavy metal vocal that isn't cheesy and/or melodic. There's nothing wrong with melodic, but it tends to make people more experimental and they end up doing shit like Evanescence ( ). So all I can say is test your voice high and low, harsh and soft, clean and distorted, etc. Whatever sound fits what you'd like to hear, then go for it. It's all a matter of the individual voice -- no matter what gender.

Old 2005-04-17, 02:18
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

"republican or democrat"...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx